Holy Smoke- A Journey Home

Aloha everyone!

Nothing like the sun! Pulled the clones from the backyard. Brought them inside after twice-sprayed and isolated ATM. The picture I took of them reminded me of @Deach69's conundrum. Which is which? I also had a small clone with no tag. Fortunately for me, it's red stem and petiole gave it as a Holy Grail #3. Thank God I have two of that particular pheno, bc while long in duration, she is just stellar. *But taking a look at that pic can you tell the HS from the HG- they are both hazes but...
The Holy Smokes below are about to finish 11 weeks. More changes in the last week as they are now on 11/13 light and diet is different. Next week will see another reduction. More of the same as far as additional pictures showing some of the terminal buds on the side braches. Slender, little darts and starting to show a little amber.

side by side 8_13 - Copy.jpg

Visions of sugar plums danced...
hs c 8_13 - Copy.jpg

hs d 8_13 - Copy.jpg

hs b 8_13 - Copy.jpg

hs a 8_13 - Copy.jpg

*The ones on the right are the Holy Smoke. But you knew that :)

🤙Mu

Indeed. Hoping to find some worthy plants that may come from these seeds.

🤙
Mu

Very interested to see what you find.

I had asked Shanti what strains I would be best suited to look within for my dream pheno (a plant that’s effects brought on overwhelming / extreme feelings of happiness, contentment and laughs). He recommended I look at longer finishing Mango Haze and Holy Smoke plants.

Very interested to see what you find.

I had asked Shanti what strains I would be best suited to look within for my dream pheno (a plant that’s effects brought on overwhelming / extreme feelings of happiness, contentment and laughs). He recommended I look at longer finishing Mango Haze and Holy Smoke plants.

Somehow forgot that I was already following this one months ago and when I saw there was a newer post I thought the thread was new. Getting tired, almost time for bed!!

after re-reading your journey, awesome grow brother!!

If anyone knows haha. Mango, mango, mango. It has to be tried for sure. Surprisingly, I have friends that prefer the HS to even the NH. They like the balance in the mix and the dreamy feel-goodness they get from the smoke. Coming from the AH that I’ve been ignorant in the past about. As I continue to explore it, I find I am appreciating it much more. Lots of good choices but two excellent recommendations that you should seriously consider. Good hunting!

🤙Mu

Lotsa milky trichs and some amber on the sugar leaves...she looks just about ready to me, Musashi! Well grown, as usual, brother.

So how does Holy Smoke compare to Holy Grail in terms of aromas, flavors and quality/duration of effect? Tough choices, eh? :) You seem to have more experience with it than anyone besides Shanti.
Also curious on your comparison of the two!

Aloha everyone!

The Holy Smoke came down today. The Holy Grail is not that far behind. Just handling the HS and putting them on the dry line brings out a delicious perfume. Some tiny buds fell off during the process and were smoked. She packs a punch albeit short lived. She turned out well as I continue to learn about my new lights. I do like the versatility of turning off several panels to finish the remaining plants, saving heat and electricity. Of course some cure is in order and I am glad to replenish my already depleted stock lol.

Here's a quick snap of #3, buds cascading downward towards the tip.
hs #3 8_26.jpg

🤙Mu

Aloha everyone!

The Holy Smoke came down today. The Holy Grail is not that far behind. Just handling the HS and putting them on the dry line brings out a delicious perfume. Some tiny buds fell off during the process and were smoked. She packs a punch albeit short lived. She turned out well as I continue to learn about my new lights. I do like the versatility of turning off several panels to finish the remaining plants, saving heat and electricity. Of course some cure is in order and I am glad to replenish my already depleted stock lol.

Here's a quick snap of #3, buds cascading downward towards the tip.
View attachment 53377

🤙Mu
yep, holy shit is a perfect name for what im looking at

Aloha Marcus and ohana!

Here’s an updated pic of some Holy Smoke #2 from the previous grow. I posted an earlier picture 3 weeks ago in the “What are you smoking” thread. Now muskier, more ripe fruit but still some citrus; orange rind as before. The smell almost reminds me of the ripe fruit smell of the G13/AfSk. An excellent high with more body effect than the Holy Grail. More relaxing, great late afternoon smoke. There is a very slight energy drain in the end. Of course it could just be the late afternoon lol. Makes me cough at times and that pepper in the nose, this time touching off a healthy sneeze.

hs #2 8_24.jpg
@Marcus_in_the_Darkus and @TGTDE I’ve been doing my best to write down thoughts as I continue to puff away, trying to compare to the Holy Grail. You know how that goes. This is my second grow of these cultivars, that is my only experience but happy to give you my opinion. So, where are my notes?

Oh yeah, they’re right by the unfinished joint ha. Right up front, the only negative with the current HS phenos I grew was the weak branching on these particular phenos. Fruit was just too heavy and could have used a tomato cage. I'll make sure to add more N in the future and see if that makes a difference. Now speaking about the #2 pheno, this stuff gets right down to business, changing my attitude, brought on by the kind of relaxation it brings. A mellowness sets in. The HS is more fragrant, lots of complexity with fruit and fuel. The Holy Smoke has an acridness that brings pepper to the nose. The Holy Grail has slight citrus, fuel, terpinolene, incense. Very unique smell associated with those longer maturing hazes. Intoxicating. While I can have many thoughts on the Holy Smoke and keep track of most of them, the HG causes forgetfulness along with inquisitiveness, though I find myself constantly changing the view.

Perhaps it is the Afghan that acts like a governor; a euphoric high, grounded with somatic feelings of well-being, relaxation. Holy Grail is not for focusing as the “oneness” sets in. I don’t smoke it if I need to get things done as the resulting high has me losing track of time causing some apathy and procrastination for things needing to be done in the material world. Both introspective with the HS able to hold the one thought for longer periods. The HG had me going in the direction of getting the WD-40 to oil the door hinge only to find myself in the back yard pulling weeds a few minutes later.

I’ll end it with saying that both strains cause forgetfulness about the lit joint in the ashtray. They both blast you enough on a few 3 tokes causing you to forget, then re-finding the same joint several times over the course of a few hours. When the Holy Grail finishes I am sure I'll have some things to say about it, in between the euphoric episodes lol. These cultivars? Connoisseur stuff!

And @Jahnova it is mouthwatering and I look forward to your grow. I'm sure it is going to be awesome!

🤙Mu

Back