Holy Smoke- A Journey Home

This is a really interesting line, that afghan haze seems hold some very sativa traits in the seeds. These holy smokes really go for it, your rooms a jungle already. Mind saying what size pots your using please mu as they still seem to performing realy good.

Aloha brah! Most have that haze vine look about them. I use 5-10 gallon pots depending on how many plants I have to accommodate at the time lol. Most of my grow these days are medical- no bug parts, pollen, dust, other contaminants, etc. I do grow outside occasionally to supplement as evidenced by my Mango Haze grow but I do have limits in my state and generally adhere to them. But as @CannaFish says, "These plants want to be giants in the ground with unlimited root space and powered by solar energy." As with all sentient beings.

Holy Smoke frosting up with 9 more weeks to go.
hs2 6_28.jpg

hs3 6_28.jpg

hs 6_28.jpg

🤙Mu

Aloha everyone!

These Holy Smoke were orphan girls that were earlier thrown on the compost pile. They refused to be refused. Malnutritioned, yellowed and gangly, I put them in pots and now at 40" tall, they are coming around. If I'm gonna dig a hole I best get crackin' lol.

hs outdoor 7_21.jpg

Things are heating up and the season is here braddahs!

🤙Mu

Aloha braddahs!

One big, happy family!
Good eye @Byorn and hold that thought as some clarification may be needed. As mentioned earlier in the HG/HS threads, these monsters didn't actually hit the gates until they were already over 4 feet! As everything had to be aggressively LST'd at that point, the tops you are seeing are actually secondaries- the side braching reaching vertically towards the light. The HG's are on the periphery with the HS in the middle. The one cola on the far left creeping into the picture is a side branch of HG#5. And speaking of differences, the Holy Grail #3 is on the far right. Yes, the Christmas tree on the right is HG#3- what @CannaFish refers to as the "swamp thing." Which is a perfect segue into @piffcat's thought about topping sativas. Both pictures that follow are of the same plant, the first and second grow of Holy Grail #3. All buds are of the same plant in the first pic. It appears that I can get more medium sized buds as in the first picture, but there is a certain grandeur to leaving her untopped. I know which I prefer!

hg#3 7_13.jpg
Holy Grail #3- current grow

hg#3 3_28.jpg
Holy Grail- earlier grow

Gonna have to start a GoFundMe- "Save the Sativa tops!" LOL.

🤙Mu

did those long viney sativas survive evolution by having their pots knocked over (or trampled on)
and covered up with a tarp during the overhead flyby season? They just seem to love growing sideways.
I've even seen a vietnam pic of one that re-rooted at the points which it touched the ground. That plant
looked about 20 meters, no exaggeration .. also appeared to have adapted to be a perennial.. which makes
sense from what people are saying about the haze's keep putting out, and like their ripe flowers picked as they're
ready as opposed to harvesting the whole thing at once.

what people are saying about the haze's keep putting out, and like their ripe flowers picked as they're
ready as opposed to harvesting the whole thing at once
This is why we always topped hazes and i actually still do. Untopped hazes have far more of a tendency to go on forever compared to topped plants and rarely finish at once. This is extremely unpractical if you do not have a seperate drying room. Also the average bag appeal of topped hazes is much better because shorter plants receive better overall lighting and produce more AAA grade buds. We always aimed at 4 feet multibranchers at finish, this would give best results.

Many fine points brah! Practical reasons when economics is concerned. Cropping and bending a plant that as @CannaFish words it, "These plants want to be giants in the ground with unlimited root space and powered by solar energy." ID restrictions and economics aside, I do like the aesthetics of single apical colas. It reminds me of simpler times long ago when in ignorance, we grew just for the astonishment of it. Kind of a guy thing... I suppose ;)

🤙Mu

musashi said: " we grew just for the astonishment of it."

I still do! Of course, I am an easily amused dumbass! Did not top any on my deck grow. I just love the way they look sooo much! :) I just sit on the deck all summer. just looking at them, and totally in love! Perhaps when that stage passes I will learn to actually grow!

Longball

Every time that I plant a seed
He said, "Kill it before it grows"
He said, "Kill it before it grows", I say
I shot the sheriff, but I swear it was in self-defense
I shot the sheriff, but I swear it was in self-defense
Freedom came my way one day
And I started out of town
All of a sudden I see sheriff John Brown
Aiming to shoot me down
So I shot, I shot him down, I say
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy