Hello everyone I’m Bobberr I’ve been working with autoflower genetics, I love learning all things cannabis. I love old school haze. “Piff”

Bobberr

I’m in upstate NY getting ready to experiment with Cuban black haze, bandaid haze, OG silver haze and haze express autos to find the church/dungeon piff that has no ceiling… This is the beginning of my haze journey, but not a beginner grower.. I appreciate all the knowledge from everyone as I been lurking in the background. My goal is an autoflower piff that everyone can grow outdoors or in. I have been researching passionately to learn and found some very interesting and technical conversations here.
regards,
Bobberr

Hello Bobberr!

Welcome to the site! :)

I always love the phrase 'upstate New York' as it includes 99.445% of the state. Basically, the whole state is 'upstate'.

Source: Me, I live in 'upstate New York'! ;)

There is a rumor on the site that I grow Autoflowers and that I am cultivating Autoflower Girls for my harem. Don't fall for the hype! Good Luck with your Autoflower goal! :)

Longball

Hello Bobberr!

Welcome to the site! :)

I always love the phrase 'upstate New York' as it includes 99.445% of the state. Basically, the whole state is 'upstate'.

Source: Me, I live in 'upstate New York'! ;)

There is a rumor on the site that I grow Autoflowers and that I am cultivating Autoflower Girls for my harem. Don't fall for the hype! Good Luck with your Autoflower goal! :)

Longball
Thanks for the warm welcome. I’m a bit north of Albany “upstate” today I’m washing down my 5’x10’ tent to start some haze express seeds. (Phoenix seeds) [seedsman sourced] I’m also going to run some semi autos of a bandaid haze x blackberry Lowryder auto cross with them. This is going to be fun. Autoflowers brought a new drive back to me.. let me explain.
you can cover so much ground so much faster. I’m not saying they are the holy grail or anything but from a learning standpoint you can cover a lot of ground much faster and the learning process is a bit faster when it comes to understanding recessive genes and dominant traits… I was never able to wrap my head around aa xAa or AA explanation so this is helping me learn without long seasons over a lifetime.. poor breeding practice is why I came here and share what I learn and take some advice from those who already have a deep understanding of all of this..
Bobberr

Hello @Bobberr!

North of Albany is truly upstate! ha ha I'm in the Tri-City Area, Albany - Troy - Schenectady(pronounced 'Skin-neck-titty', a game we played as children, now I am teaching it to the Autoflower Girls!)

Here' one of the Auto's I grew this year:

Bruce Banner Purple People Eater

BB Purp.jpg

Longball

Hi there, welcome! what's your end goal with Autos?

They're great for outdoors in my part of the globe where autum/winter gets very wet by september, gives you a great chance of beating the dreaded rot (y)
My end goal is to make some nice sativa autos that can finish in time here in NY. And learn everything I can about breeding.. so far I crossed 4 male Lowryder autoflower from the joint doctor With Blackberry from Fastbuds and have seen an array of pheno’s from the cross. I also separated one blackberry that was the best structure and nose and the most vigorous growing. Here is a picture of the green pheno from the separate blackberry I kept for myself.. I have lots of the others away as testers.

Thanks! Interesting......my last Auto is just finishing up and my male photo ain't quite ready yet. Thoughts for next year! Are semi-auto any more potent than Auto's?

Longball
I have some auto flowers now 26-27% -but what I’m seeking…”and I have so much more learning ahead”
I hear landrace psychoactive properties are lost in hybrid breeding…so I guess my long term goal is to seek a way to bring out these properties into modern day autoflower with the Lowryder genetics “that also carry psychoactive properties” “maybe” by seeking recessive genes lost in today’s crosses in essence we can make a red head from two brown hairs parents.. essentially.. a recessive trait that can be brought back out with some landrace genetics and Lowryder “theory”
The highest I’ve been with weed was piff. Not the watered down versions you see today.
im excited and have lots Of research ahead. Bandaid haze ix 3.0 male x Lowryder male blackberry female “aka bobberr berry” mother
Maybe we’ll call it blackberry piff

Are semi-auto any more potent than Auto's?

I grew some semi-auto from Dinafem a couple of years ago, it was one of their "Quick" strains - the potency was the same as a normal photoperiod plant and much better than autoflowers I'd previously tried - I didn't notice they were any quicker than a photoperiod as I gave them the full stated breeders flowering time +1 week to allow the calyx to fully swell (supposed to be 8 weeks, 2 were done at 7 - majority at 8 and a couple at 9 weeks).

Back