Confused about who really has which skunk #1

nederwiet and skunk, have zero in common, this wiki is just plain wrong when its about genetic herritage

That article isnt about genetic heritage, the name came from a song.

nederwiet on the other hand is stalks, leafs, somthimes seeds and maybe 5 calyxes within 5 grams of "green" .. yeah, its from the plant cannabis, but has more in common with rope - strains than with flower or resin strains .. nope

Nederwiet is not a specific strain, it is any weed grown in the Netherlands.

The US west coast is the right answer for the origination of skunk 1

Indeed, skunk#1 came from Corralitos near Sta. Cruz, beautiful area.
But where did the skunk name come from?


After the album came out (the most popular Dutch album ever) skunk became a code name for nederwiet. That is a part of Dutch cannabis culture.
This was a few years before Sam arrived in the Netherlands, who was then clever enough to pick that already popular name.

On 20 March 1985 he was arrested by the Drugs Task Force and charged with possession and cultivation of large amounts of cannabis.
Officially he was released again on the 4th of December 1985.
Meanwhile he was invited to the Netherlands and arrived there (for sure) summer 1985.
On 17 June 1986 the charges against him were dismissed in the interest of justice.



What was interesting about skunk#1 wasn't the quality, which really wasn't that great, but the shape, which made it possible to be grown indoors.
Northern Lights, Super Silver Haze and White Widow were the game changers that made many people switch to weed. I was there.
 
the timeline doesnt match

i dunno how, but the name skunk was, as far as i can remember, older than this 1981 band

skunk (the strain and the name) is from the 70s ... the band is from the 80s ...
 
929105625(01).jpg


picture.php



There was skunk in the 70's in California, but that wasn't a specific strain.
Here an interesting quote;

"We had got a hold of some seeds and planted them at the abandon house across the street. There was a faucet right in the backyard. They grew tall and lanky and pretty. We chopped em' down, dried em' and smoked em'....worst f'n headache! The shit smelled like hay and we wanted Skunk-weed. We had smoked it once and were told that unless we had an ass-load of money, like $50, we had better grow it ourselves. Well, There was no Jorge or Ed or anything else available to us. Even if somebody had a High Times ( they were rare) There was nothing in them but B.S.

So we headed down the street to Joe's house. He was almost 17. He had a car, a girlfriend, and was the bastion of all knowledge; especially weed stuff. Joe sat us down and set us straight. "If you want skunk weed you gotta plant it way out by the river where skunks could spray it" Well, we started our next crop that spring in front of the power plant in cosmetic shrubs the size of 7-8 foot-ball fields where we played army. There were automatic sprinklers and those bushes were full of skunks. We planted about 300 seeds .My mom was pissed for a month when she couldn't find that large box of Miracle Grow. I'll betcha know what happened next..... Actually dicked the whole thing off... forgot about em, we were idiots. When we did finally slide through the fence, it was a feeling like no other. We could smell the skunk. Joe was right!"
 
...but that wasn't a specific strain.

who is now dumb? :confused:

pure varieties: skunk#1 and skunk#2 (according to high times), which means that without indoor / clone management, skunk is from the 60s, as per year you got 1 generation to breed with, 6 to 8 generations (at least) for stability

back then, as you see, you had already the choice of sweet n floral phenos (number #1) and the animal phenos (number #2) ... which, further down the timeline is what we are curious about right here in this thread, as i might see it right primitive number 2 not beeing number one, as simple as it gets and it dissapeared ... lol

another point of view is, that this animal is also living in south east asia, but as we all know , not a single "skunk plant" is coming from there ... so animals and plants dont have anything in common in this case, only a few moleculs that are responsible for our nosal receptors that lead to namegiving, intresting fact, skunk #2 should be skunk #1 and vice versa, as the name giving donor was the animal, which makes number #2 older; then there is this story that the #number "series" are younger than skunk itself, which means that skunk is from the 50s ... :eek:

by this logic, all those stories that we heard - especially from the haze brothers and mr sam - become even more twisted because the timeline doesnt fit a bit, and after all ... what were the strains in the 50s / 60s ? is it possible that there was this fare dodger that needed some 40 years of "marketing acceleration" and why didnt it got renamed :confused:
 
skunk1 and shit

they are two different plants for sure. I've grown Sensi's its not very potent inernodes spaced far. I also have grown a few of Seedsman's which are varied I did have a lemon Pheno which I lost due to neglect.Its supposed to have a wider genetic diversity than all others which have been bread for uniformity. I also grew Sk #11 from DP Along time ago. Nothing special there.
There seem to be a lot of different phenos for taste tangerine, lemon, pinapple I believe that tangie is a reworked sk#1. I bought 100 Sk #1's from seedsman to see what I can find. I give seeds to people if they will give me a clone of the best. With stoners who knows. I suspect that Shit is a cross of NL5 X sk#1. I do a lot of reading on different strains when I read Afghan I think afgan #1. So I'm growing it now to cross with an early haze. I crossed sams haze not very consistant in THC 10- 20 %. ( I've read ). Last year I grew two mutants both were done by later October one being purple. I crossed it to a Bluemoonshine X nevils Skunk stam. Popped 4 2 were purple chucked the other 2 Well its early august the purple stam I cloned but chucked I can only do so mutch. This cross CC haze X ( blue moon X nevils sk ) is flowering enough that I was able to pollinate with a bluemoon. One other thing this plant has been purple from very early on. Blue moon is not much of a plant for yield but I think the genetics are so fixed that its good for breading. I also have a red Mexican from nirvanas Eldorado. It flowers here from late SEPT to late October. I had a plant that smelled like Hz. I dubbed it Killer mex cause of the first I smoked it.
 
Skunk 1 is extinct

Unless you purchased skunk 1 in the 80's guys it is extinct. I have it from 86 from the Seed Bank of Holland. And yes Watson aka Sam the Skunkman is a DEA agent. He took skunk 1 from the sacred seed raid in the 80's. He then went to Holland. His idea of starting the Cannabis Cup brought all the high powered cannabis growers to the same place at the same time. He sold skunk 1 to Neville in 85 and became the chief grower at TSB. He then had Neville busted in Australia and stole the stock he sold to Neville! I am from America and trust me the man is a fraud and a con and was an agent. DEA made it possible for him to get his cultivation license in Holland where no one else could. Read the parliamentary minutes when they took his license and he went to the U.K. and used the stock to become a high ranking employee of G.W. Pharma. He was not a great breeder and we all can thank Mr David Watson aka Sam Selenzy aka Sam the Skunkman aka Dr Frankenbeanstein to name a few aliases. His real name is David Watson. He is a dirt bag. Read Mel Clarke's interview. Its an ex friend of him and it also throws Ed Rosenthal under the bus. Shantibaba is still a good man and remains drama free but I question his genetics only when it has claims to skunk 1. Shit has some good genes that have flavor of the old skunk 1 but the odor is nowhere near as pungent. No disrespect to him whatsoever since he is the creator of the true white widow! That strain is very awesome and its popularity has risen to where it is as famous as the true skunk 1. If anyone wants to correct me on skunk 1 I would love to hear who has the true skunk 1 but as of now I believe I am the only one who still has it!
 
Jingles skunk was what was used in the focus groups to create skunk one which was made in the 40's the only addition to jingles skunk was a Mexican sativa to make it mold resistant. 1981 was pretty close to the end for Sacred seeds. Skunk 1 was Jingles skunk was the stable strain used in creation to skunk 1 which Watson was a Junior member. He stole the stock after the bust. Jingles skunk was made by a man Nick named Jingles. If Watson had not caused the raid where he took.the stock and went to Holland and played a major part in operations green merchant then perhaps Neville wouldn't have been busted in Australia for selling seeds to the states! Watson is now employed at G.W. Pharma working to make all fem. Strains that are not able to be bred to male plans. So be careful w feminized seeds and stick with cloning and photo strains. Fem seeds are already pushing out hermaphrodite plants and that is bad enough. Ruderalis is another discussion. But yes Duran skunk1 has a far older creation date! Jingles skunk was pretty much the same.
 
Everyone who has put their trust in Sam The Skunkman ends up in jail. He did not create skunk 1. As a matter of fact he was a DEA agent that infiltrated the group when Jingles Skunk when he became a junior member. He never did a day in jail. His real name is David Watson but was introduced to the Dutch as Sam Selenzy. Jingles Skunk is the original skunk 1 minus the addition of a Mexican sativa to create a mold resistant strain. Watson stole the sacred seed stock with Mendocino Joe and the stock Joe stole on the East coast from Korean and Vietnam war vets like him. He traded his east coast stock with Watson. Needed to Vancouver island as Watson left to Holland. He got so many cannabis growers in jail it will make peoples head spin. Neville being the most prominent name. He was in full DEA form through operation green merchant and took Nevilles stock he sold to Neville as he was the seed Bank's chief grower. I have 1986 TSB skunk 1 from Neville. To my knowledge the rest are knock offs. Ive tried them all side by side with July 86 and 89 stock. Not even close my friends. Mel Clarke his pal I believe is his name has an interview online if you would like to read that and there are parliamentary minutes from Holland. Do your research it tells the truth!
 
HI all,

Im surely has put this more elonquently here before, so I will wont even attempt to try emulating his style or tone, but I would like to pass on his request that we as a forum stick to the plants and to the future, and not to stay bogged on in old stories or slandering folks who here cannot speak for themselves.

I truly hope my words are appreciated, as here at MNS we try to stay noble and above all types of negative discussions of decades old lore.

All the best
 
show me one good mod in a cannabis forum...i didnt found one...
whats so bad about to talk about the past....
just because we talk about people who arent able to answer you close a thread..
skunk1men did a adequate comment


eichmann cant answer too...so we dont allowed to talk about him too...
bravo...
no wonder this board is a graveyard
 
Last edited:
show me one good mod in a cannabis forum...i didnt found one...
whats so bad about to talk about the past....
just because we talk about people who arent able to answer you close a thread..
skunk1men did a adequate comment


eichmann cant answer too...so we dont allowed to talk about him too...
bravo...
no wonder this board is a graveyard

Fair enough but you are incorrect, friend.

This is a request expressly from Shantibaba himself. Try to keep above the slandering and hate, even if you are right, we ask members to rise above this behaviour, as it is what caused a chaos in the forum last time.

You are free to choose. However, we also are free to exercise our right to moderate the forum according to our TOS, which all members agree to when they sign up.

All the best
 
Sorry if I add fuel to the wrong fire but I always wondered:

I heard the story of Sam being a DEA guy several times and I am inclined to believe it because the few facts I could find seem to support this.

But if Sam is a known (ex-?) DEA informant and landed so many people in jail, how come he is still in the heart of the Canna community and posting over at ICmag?

Hell I had a personal exchange with him once or twice to siphon off some knowledge and that really made me wonder "if this guy is know to have worked with the DEA closely and landed many growers in jail, how come we all accept him as a member of this community still and even look up to him?".

Really confusing to me.
 
I've read in many place that Sam Skunkman never created the Original Skunk in the 1st place and only took it to create his version of the sweet SKunk#1.

The following may shed a lot of light on this.

Fast forward to 6:07 in the video link below and listen to Mel Frank talk about what I believe is Sam Skunkman taking Durban Poison. Afghani#1, Skunk#1 and Haze seeds
from him while bringing them to Europe. Who else could it be but Sam Skunkman? It sure sounds to me like Sam isn't the original breeder of any of those strains does it now?
Sam also got busted not once according to Mel. But actually twice. Despite Sam saying he never got busted ever. I'll believe Mel Frank over Sam Skunkman any day of the week.

The Grow Show - Mel Frank [3of4]

So from what Mel is saying is sounds like he and others else were the real breeders of Skunk#1 and all the other strains.
There's a guy who passed away by the name of Sandy Weinstein who I truly think may have been involved with creating
the Original Skunks. I read somewhere that Mel Frank indicated that he got at least the Durban Poison and Early Girl from
Sandy Weinstein. Whom is pictured on the back cover of Mel Frank's deluxe Marijuana Grower's Guide wearing sunglasses
while holding a huge bud over his left shoulder.
 
Back
Top