Butta Radio

Some of the songs my mom played while cleaning house when I was a little sh*t before Hawaii became a State lol

All 3 were favorites of my father. Heard them many times as a kid. We had a summer cottage back in the 1960s, when he was in his 30s. We'd go there on the week-ends, hit the sauce hard, play his favorite LP records and sing along with them. He memorized the lyrics. What a blast. I cherish those memories. He sold the cottage in 1970 and used the money for a down-payment on our first house. May he RIP.

Yeah, I was walking around sort of depressed today after hearing about the recent attempted assassination of a past president and feeling the anger and hate around me; wondering how we got to this place. I felt incredibly melancholic about how disjointed we have all become. I felt myself reliving in a time where we all were basically on the same page as regards live and let live. The fantasy world of Disney's "It's a Small World" and collaborative songs like "We Are The World." I wished for that time when we all felt safe and united. I felt gratitude that I lived at a time when the Beatles were singing song after song about love. It seemed a simpler world then. Silly me ❤️🩷🧡💛💚🩵💙💜

It was a magical time

My mother was 20 yrs old when I was born. My 2 younger brothers followed shortly after, one just 11 months after me. She didn't drive, so we only had the one car. On one occasion, she took us 3 kids on a very long bus ride to see The Beatles' "Yellow Submarine" animation, playing in a movie theater. Here's the trailer for it:

Yellow Submarine Original Trailer - 1968 (Beatles Official)

It was my first movie theater experience. I fell in love with the theater, from that time on. Took a few more years before I became a true Beattles fan, but they were more in my conscious mind now, after that movie, than any other musician or band, and I paid attention to them, more than any other band on the radio.

However, when I started "buying" records, it was the 2 song '45s', and my first was The Guess Who. Side 1 was 'American Woman', Side 2 'No Sugar Tonight'. I wore it out. Never owned a Beattles 45 record. Didn't buy anything by them until I was 15, and well past my "45" records stage. Sgt. Pepper & The White Album were my favorites, of their work.

Anyway, back to the theater, it was a double billing, and Mary Poppins was the movie that followed it. Mom was never really a movie lover /watcher; though she enjoyed a good musical flick, with a lot of song & dance. She did that 100% just for us kids, not for herself. May she RIP.

Last edited:
I used to spend many hours scouring record shops with my father.
A time I fondly look back on now.
Here is one he found before I joined the search.
Dad was an amazing gardener (before time took it's toll) and self taught ornithologist.
They called him 'Ledge' at the cricket club were he played until he was nearly 60.
His favourite writer is Samuel Beckett, Beckett was also mad about cricket and played into his 60's as well.
Unlike Beckett Dad was not a philanderer but he did love his ales a bit too much at times as did Samuel.
So in memory of all the great drinkers and social animals I say bottoms up!

Last edited:
Seed of Memory

Terry Reid was invited by both Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple to be their front man, but he turned down both offers. He told Zeppelin to ask Robert Plant. The rest is well known history.

Superlungs: A Terry Reid Documentary

Last edited:
He also got a job for Bonham and Plant.
I saw Terry open for The Stones in Detroit 1969. The year I was supposed to graduate lol. What a show it was! Terry opened followed by BB King and then the Stones! I was so smashed 🤪 back in the day. I passed out at the beginning of the Stones set then woke up to Street Fighting Man. I saw Terry many times at places like the Grande Ballroom and the Eastown theater around that time. What a voice and what a guitar!
The only show that surpassed that was when Led Zeppelin came to town in '73. I got 10 tickets to that show and came with a grocery bag of peyote. East Detroit was a bad scene back then. I can't believe I am still alive after all those crazy years.

mu

He also got a job for Bonham and Plant.
I saw Terry open for The Stones in Detroit 1969. The year I was supposed to graduate lol. What a show it was! Terry opened followed by BB King and then the Stones! I was so smashed 🤪 back in the day. I passed out at the beginning of the Stones set then woke up to Street Fighting Man. I saw Terry many times at places like the Grande Ballroom and the Eastown theater around that time. What a voice and what a guitar!
The only show that surpassed that was when Led Zeppelin came to town in '73. I got 10 tickets to that show and came with a grocery bag of peyote. East Detroit was a bad scene back then. I can't believe I am still alive after all those crazy years.

mu

That's amazing, mu! A grocery bag of shrooms. WOW! LMAO! You're The Man, dude! Wish I had gotten to see Reid at least once, but it was not "to be," sadly. Same with Zeppelin. Never got to see them either.

You are correct about Plant. I was mistaken when I said he got Page the job. I corrected my error. It was Page who asked Reid to join the band, and Reid told him to ask Plant instead. Reid is one of the greatest rock vocalists of all time, imo. He deserved to be much bigger & better known in the business than he became.

Back