Banana purple punch and gorilla punch seeds started

My LST process. I been very aggressive with lst in past seasons. My process is touch, do, learn. From my experience I have ended up here.

Attempt 1:
Early bend LST.

Thought:

Trying to get a full bend while very early on in the seeding stage.

Anticipated benefit.
Getting a 90* LST bend before the plant shows wood.
Starting lateral growth early in the plant šŸŒ± cycle.

Initial observation:
plant stem seems to be getting fatter than usual especially just past the bend. My speculation is that the plan is switching from its normal main stem drive to a more balanced focus. I read that somewhere about a hormone shift or somtin. But it looks like itā€™s increasing its capillary system to support the emergence of many tops instead of one.

Iā€™m liking this experiment so far.
Enjoy šŸ˜Š

/steve

IMG_3566.jpeg
IMG_3565.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3563.jpeg
    IMG_3563.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3562.jpeg
    IMG_3562.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3564.jpeg
    IMG_3564.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Totally get that, just keeping the info correct from breeder.
Maybe they just asume itā€™s a given and donā€™t feel like itā€™s important or maybe itā€™s just marketing and feel that representation is not beneficial to their sales efforts.
In this polyhybrid world, I feel at best, they are stating the feeling of what percentage it exspresses itself as. Very few current day breeders know the true % of genetics in their crosses so most might list the % they feel it is exspressing itself as in the polyhybrid.

In this polyhybrid world, I feel at best, they are stating the feeling of what percentage it exspresses itself as. Very few current day breeders know the true % of genetics in their crosses so most might list the % they feel it is exspressing itself as in the polyhybrid.
I like that thought, it made me google polyhybrid, now my head is spinning šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«
thanks
/steve

Girlā€™s growing like weeds, probably harvesting left plant Sunday and will also check the others. Have a good weekend.
/steve
IMG_3696.png

Both ladies looking good, Iā€™m liking the ā€œearly bendā€ LST strategy for my 2x2.
Just watering and checking roots, all as scheduled. These ladies are getting ready for the next stage which will be the 3 gal air pot nock offs. It will be much easier to support the smaller pots in this situation. Iā€™ll take some side by side shots for comparison. I also received the coco coir and perlite for this season mix.

tomorrow is the day of reckoning for one of the runtz. Hmmmm
/steve

IMG_3711.jpeg
IMG_3712.jpeg
IMG_3713.jpeg
IMG_3714.jpeg

IMG_3708.jpeg
IMG_3709.jpeg
IMG_3710.jpeg

Been thinking about the girls and was figured they are getting a little cramped. I like their growth and came up with an idea šŸ’” to add the new led panels quickly without doing too many mods. I like the idea of using them but was waiting for the top expansion. Got it done in about an hour with tie wraps and some string.
I like the added light spread to stimulate growth in different directions.

just ordered some 8ā€ saucers with plant risers to put each plant in when in top deck for easy access.
/steve

IMG_3751.jpeg

IMG_3747.jpegIMG_3750.jpegIMG_3759.jpegIMG_3758.jpeg

Last edited:
Ordered some 8ā€ square trays and plant risers to be able to take advantage of a few more inches of vertical height. Plus easier to move plants around .
They arrived today so I swapped them, removed some stuff from top deck and Iā€™m liking how it worked out.
Also checked plants and roots both looked great šŸ˜Š
There ready for up potting but waiting on main tent space.
I also am very happy with the results of my ā€œearly bendā€ strategy. Itā€™s looking like the additional growth will be noticeable.

Enjoy
/steve

IMG_3864.jpeg

IMG_3857.jpeg

IMG_3862.jpeg

IMG_3860.jpeg
IMG_3859.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3865.jpeg
    IMG_3865.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
BPP and GP are looking good, ones growing a little faster than the other might have a little more sativa in it but itā€™s early so who knows.
I started applying lst ā€œearly bendā€ to all the tops to increase node development. These ladies are ready to bust out. Iā€™ll be checking the last 2 forbidden runtz trichomes this weekend to see whatā€™s up. Itā€™s almost time for the young ladies to be up potted and in the main tent šŸ•ļøšŸ˜

Enjoy
/steve

IMG_3962.jpeg
IMG_3961.jpeg

IMG_3964.jpeg
IMG_3963.jpeg
IMG_3966.jpeg

IMG_3965.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3987.png
    IMG_3987.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Wife is having surgery Wednesday, had to make some choices for the situation.
Harvested the 2nd FR to free up space in the main tent. The BPP and GP were busting out so itā€™s the right time.
/steve

5gal and 3gal knock off air pots. Side by side
IMG_4146.jpeg

IMG_4188.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4161.jpeg
    IMG_4161.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4131.jpeg
    IMG_4131.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
Back