Grail: The Ultimate Haze Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Bigherb, I wouldn't swear on a kilo of Haze Hash, that he told me that he grew them himself.
I seem to remember one batch had a number of years mixed together something like '66,'67,'68. A prominent ancestor was a thing called "Burning Bush". If Sam didn't grow burning bush then the person that did will be able to tell us more.
Everything useful was from before 1970. The one plant that came up from '70 batch, Omega, was at best 25% haze and didn't make the grade.
N.

once agin i thank you for your honesty and refreshing detailed approach

i didnt think it could get better

I seem to remember one batch had a number of years mixed together something like '66,'67,'68
intriguing ,REALLY amazing this is a first ive ever heard those dates ,i dont ever recall seeing these dates mentioned with haze bros haze or from SAMS ,i only recall ot haze being called pre haze bros haze and folk talking about boel haze

soo your omega was your onlyplant to come from the bag labeled 70?

do you recall all the other parents and wat year stock label they came from?were they from 69 ?as you had said the haze stock was from 69/70,soo these other dates are really puzzling 66 WOW

A prominent ancestor was a thing called "Burning Bush". If Sam didn't grow burning bush then the person that did will be able to tell us more
http://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=8747&pictureid=191745

if i didnt post the link ,the burning bush is from the 81 catalouge ,wat would that have to do with an ancestor or prior to 69/70

im curious to know exactly wat you mean from the above quote
are you saying one of the batches carried this label ?

The one plant that came up from '70 batch, Omega, was at best 25% haze and didn't make the grade

ive noticed you say percentages of haze wit som of the parents such as the above quote

do you believe this haze stock you recieved from SAMS was not pure that he crossed it wit somthing ?

1luvbigherb

Really?

Scientists hav recently proven the universe is flat. This proves it is infinite. If something is perfectly flat it will never come back to meet itself. This also means that in this vast infinity every single possible event or series of events are happening somewhere out there, and are even repeating no matter the complexity. In other words a number which is infinite will have no beginning or end and somewhere within that infinity EVERY single combination of numbers can and does exist. Not only that but they will repeat somewhere eventually down the chain of numbers. This means that as special as we think we are that somewhere in this infinite vastness there is a copy of you on a planet much like ours just seperated by a couple of trillion light years. This also PROVES that somewhere in this infinite vastness of repitition there is another Nevil who kept that B mom and made the holiest of hazes which has all of those parallel us's happy and high. :) Cant wait for this world to catch up with that good one.

I remember the Catalogue of Seeds
It was in a High Times.
You raise some interesting questions Bigherb, but not ones that I can answer. My guess is that Sam got these seeds from an old Master. One thing I am convinced of is that these seeds were part of his working gene bank and were irreplaceable. He was reluctant to sell.
I also clearly remember that the first 6 plants came from batches dated prior to 1970.
As I said before, the plants were hybrids. By all means, see if you can get to the bottom of this. I have given my testemony.
N.

Hi Kyle
I universe you are looking for is the one where I kept a cutting of the first haze that I grew, not HzB. While you are there, see if you can get a snap shot of Superior Nev's girlfriend.
N.

I remember the Catalogue of Seeds
It was in a High Times.
You raise some interesting questions Bigherb, but not ones that I can answer. My guess is that Sam got these seeds from an old Master. One thing I am convinced of is that these seeds were part of his working gene bank and were irreplaceable. He was reluctant to sell.
I also clearly remember that the first 6 plants came from batches dated prior to 1970.
As I said before, the plants were hybrids. By all means, see if you can get to the bottom of this. I have given my testemony.
N.

glad you agree

one question i still have you have answered but not really gotten into that id love for SAMS to speak on is the incense trait but he never acknowledge or responded to those post

call me crazy but if sacred seed was started in 79 ,it might be he added the thai and south indian during the next 2 years following the offerings came and that wat really happen ,but only the lord will know cause we all know ive asked about all the old haze offerings 1-4 and the burnning bush and new years haze

I also clearly remember that the first 6 plants came from batches dated prior to 1970

intriguing ,please do tell if exact dates come to mind

it bugs me how he SAMS or NO one in the community of cali has a haze clone atleast that is known or available too the online community , dont want to get started wit that again i have a cali haze where she at thread
at the farm

OLDHAND at thcfarm spoke of a purple haze clone but i havnt seen her

i wont rest till i do soo

1luvbigherb

Hempy was kind enough to send me the thread from ICMAG where Sam has something to say about me and Haze. He's certainly not clear about what he claims to have sold me and other statements he makes are clearly ludicrous. He is either being deliberately obtuse, or he just can't remember. Does anybody honestly believe that I can't remember what I planted? Some people have made honest mistakes in recounting the history of the Haze as I told it. To be expected, Chinese whispers and all that.
N.

Here is a quote from Sam the skunkman made on ICMAG in 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman
But maybe he meant seeds from 1969? And not grown until the 80's? To be honest I do not know.
-SamS
Duh!
And so there is no further confusion, I have never met the Haze bros and I never got a useful haze clone from anybody.
If you want me to speculate (I know you do), I would say that the seeds that I bought, were seeds that he got off his neighbours (haze bros.) with the admonition not to give them to anyone. He sold them to me and now he's trying to cover his arse, by saying that the sale was conditional. Can you believe it, selling seeds to a seed company that were 15+ years old with the warning that none might come up, but if they do I couldn't use them? That sounds like a deal that I'd go for (sarcasm). Remember this was a deal in '84 for thousands of dollars between 2 guys strapped for cash.

They say that if you smell a skunk, you might think that it's full of shit.
Well, O.K., I made that up.
N.

Hi Kyle
I universe you are looking for is the one where I kept a cutting of the first haze that I grew, not HzB. While you are there, see if you can get a snap shot of Superior Nev's girlfriend.
N.

Thanks for clarifying. I will bring two cameras and many rolls of film. ;)

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Last edited:
here comes shanti and nevil, cuttin through all the seed co's lies.... i love it.

im so glad mr nice is here to save the day from the massive amount of online bs. Sam has always seemed like a pretty shady character. ive not really liked his crew= Sam, Bubble man, rez, arjan..... all those guys will say anything and paint their beans whatever color to sell another pack of ripoffs, f2's, and bs low potency 'IBL's' for 200 a pack of 10.

mr nice is the best, on a short list of breeders that i like

I know bub man is not a breeder, but he acts the same.

here comes shanti and nevil, cuttin through all the seed co's lies.... i love it.

im so glad mr nice is here to save the day from the massive amount of online bs. Sam has always seemed like a pretty shady character. ive not really liked his crew= Sam, Bubble man, rez, arjan..... all those guys will say anything and paint their beans whatever color to sell another pack of ripoffs, f2's, and bs low potency 'IBL's' for 200 a pack of 10.

mr nice is the best, on a short list of breeders that i like

I know bub man is not a breeder, but he acts the same.

i'm with you there mate. aussie aussie aussie!

Here is a quote from Sam the skunkman made on ICMAG in 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman
But maybe he meant seeds from 1969? And not grown until the 80's? To be honest I do not know.
-SamS
Duh!
And so there is no further confusion, I have never met the Haze bros and I never got a useful haze clone from anybody.
If you want me to speculate (I know you do), I would say that the seeds that I bought, were seeds that he got off his neighbours (haze bros.) with the admonition not to give them to anyone. He sold them to me and now he's trying to cover his arse, by saying that the sale was conditional. Can you believe it, selling seeds to a seed company that were 15+ years old with the warning that none might come up, but if they do I couldn't use them? That sounds like a deal that I'd go for (sarcasm). Remember this was a deal in '84 for thousands of dollars between 2 guys strapped for cash.
Hey gotanygrail! :D

Thanks for taking the time to answer bigherbs Qs , we all appreciate it , this info in invaluable for recording the real history of these special old genetics.
One comment I would like to add regarding the agreement on that purchase. Sam seems to be really pissed of at you cause according to him you sold haze pure as well as in hybrid form with his other lines. According to him , it would be fine if you had just sold haze hybrids with the other parent not coming from Sams lines. True or not only you and he really know.

Its really interesting you got '66 , '67, '68 , '69 , '70 haze! That meas the dates we had been given by Sam for many years regarding the development of haze were '70-75 (5yrs) might have not been accurate. Now seems to me it was more like '66-70 (5yrs)! What had caught my attention was that Sam only first mentioned the '69 date regarding haze development.. after Shanti first mentioned it when was explaining about mns haze origins.
Nevil said:
"I seem to remember one batch had a number of years mixed together something like '66,'67,'68. A prominent ancestor was a thing called "Burning Bush". If Sam didn't grow burning bush then the person that did will be able to tell us more."
Interesting to hear Sam actually mention that the haze was related genetically with Bbush!

thanks for all the invaluable info Nevil
l33t

Hi all

hi Nevil ,

I did some research on Burning Bush and heres what I found..:

"Does anybody know something about SSSC (or perhaps even Sacred Seeds) "Burning Bush"? It was a Thai pheno of Haze (authentic Original haze) but I can't find any info. I think it was early 80-ties, so oldheads are really welcome."

Interesting..

The above post is from google archive links and was posted by member Nirrity over CannabisWorld forums before they went down. Date of post is 12-19-2007

Source: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...g.com+"burning+bush"&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Hempy was kind enough to send me the thread from ICMAG where Sam has something to say about me and Haze. He's certainly not clear about what he claims to have sold me and other statements he makes are clearly ludicrous. He is either being deliberately obtuse, or he just can't remember. Does anybody honestly believe that I can't remember what I planted? Some people have made honest mistakes in recounting the history of the Haze as I told it. To be expected, Chinese whispers and all that.
N.

im glad you had the chance to read som SAMS post i hope you look threw som others

He is either being deliberately obtuse, or he just can't remember. Does anybody honestly believe that I can't remember what I planted?

once again your attitude and personality are refreshing and most appreciated,honesty is a quality that is dear to my heart and somthing i live by,

this line is priceless,i know im a pain but in my heart i always felt this way ,especially reguarding the haze ,i understand in those days lots of other things were around aside from haze, but its like not remember your best piece of ass or first born

And so there is no further confusion, I have never met the Haze bros and I never got a useful haze clone from anybody
from your mouth priceless,its fnny becaz this story is in in history of you meeting the brothers from respected authors/writers

i think we can say history can be rewritten ,an is already being soo

much thanks too you

1luvbigherb

Hi all

hi Nevil ,

I did some research on Burning Bush and heres what I found..:

"Does anybody know something about SSSC (or perhaps even Sacred Seeds) "Burning Bush"? It was a Thai pheno of Haze (authentic Original haze) but I can't find any info. I think it was early 80-ties, so oldheads are really welcome."

Interesting..

The above post is from google archive links and was posted by member Nirrity over CannabisWorld forums before they went down. Date of post is 12-19-2007

Source: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...g.com+"burning+bush"&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

sup unc

amazing wat can change in a day lol

reguarding burning bush from SAMS himself

FYI,
Burning Bush was an Original Haze with a strong Thai influence. I named it.
There were only Two Haze Brothers and they did not go to NYC and visit HT.
Joe Haze is not a Haze brother. The Haze Brothers did not grow Indica's, they grew Sativa's.
They did grow my Skunk #1 after 1980, because it was easier and faster for them.
-SamS (who was there)

1luvbigherb

I wonder whether the Burning Bush was actually HzBros plant/s or Sams as its not perfectly clear in Sams above post.
Burning Bush could be a HzBros' selection that Sam just named and may also worked on later , but maybe Burning Bush was from what Sam found grew and selected..

Yeah, I've heard Sam whining before about how he should really get a royalty from everyone who he sold seeds to who used his genetics, 50% for pure lines and 25% for hybrids. This is after he sold you something for more than the price of gold in the first place. By his own admission, he didn't start working with Haze until the 70's. All the good ones I grew were from prior to 1970, so whose seeds were they, or is Sam a secret Haze brother. It seems that Sam feels that he deserves a lot of respect for getting seeds from one competent guy and selling them to another. Indeed, it may well be his finest achievement.

I got 7 plants out of a couple of thousand seeds and they were all different. So which ones were the pure ones exactly! Royalties indeed, I think I'll call him 'Monsanto Sam".
N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back