Grail: The Ultimate Haze Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Hill's also the guy that said he thought Shanti and Nevil's Hazes were more than likely something from Australia - rather than from SamS - (not like the genuine authentic Haze he grows:confused:) so he may not be the best guy to deal with IMO. Further to that' if Nev planted ten thousand TH Hazes and selected the best, he'd probably end up with something comparable to Haze A or C, which he already has (C) see?

Thus I'd be more inclined to gow with Charlie and Dubi's Hazes - they've been less selected and may offer something different.

Hi,

What about the OHaze from seedsman or Flying Dutchmen. Both of those stocks comes directly from Sam Skunkman.

Also cannabiogen sell Sam's stock through Cultivators Choice.

first id like to say best wishes in creating the new grail ,im very excited to hear this is in the works

second i sorry for the long post i wish i would hav caught his thread sooner ,ive been running around ,mom got married today i just rushed back too this convo

the quoted description of tomhill haze taste/aromas was a response to me wen interestingly he mentioned he was not familiar wit incense in his line ,after tom admitting the fact he hasnt experience OHAZE of the 70's
this is wen i became aware that not many have tasted haze bros haze
and you hav to be 50+ to have had the opportunity ,soo id truly love to hear more about your exprience wit taste/aromas of the 7 parents especially the original female you compare to haze A (that kills me)

well contrary to tom hill haze description somone who has grown out a considerable amount of seeds n i highly respect who's abit of an OT has came across these traits in tom's line
musky, soapy & spicy ,it was described and recognized as the real haze taste

after hear that this is wen i bacame interested in the line ,i dont believe that the reported sweet thai side is the best or a close representation of haze IME

People who think that B.C. is the hope for the future ( if it can be resurrected) are likely to be disappointed

i understand though its hard to hear ,wat if it was crossed too the male NH or A5 or somthing that is meet your standard of approval,would this improve the line ?

A NL5xHzA would be the best mate for it to test this out

well i understand hazeA is dead
soo how is this possible ?

maybe with the OSH clone A5 diesel pheno or im not sure how mns creates new nevs stock using nl5XhazeA but watever process that may be?seed i guess

People used to call me "gotanyhaze",
but I think that "gotanygrail" sounds pretty good too

thats unique ,i think we might be able to find somthing more suiting like the kings haze

To continue:-
What ever the legend behind the seeds that I got from Sam, It is my belief that the qualities in the Original Haze that we admire so much, come from Thai. I grew up in Western Australia and started smoking in the early 70's. Most of the Australian cannabis was descended from Thai and was grown in Queensland. Perth is as close to Thailand as it is to Queensland and W.A. got more than it's fair share of Imported Thai. I remember one batch was unparalleled and Haze A male's best progeny, reminded me of it. The guy was selling ounces of it for $30, but he had bags of what I now realise was loose resin, for $60. I wish that I had bought it.
Hence my desire to scour Australia for the best descendants of the old Thai imports to put back to the Haze

i think this is amazing ,the comparison of thai to haze A wen it thought/reported that haze C is more thai leaning,regaurdless as ive said id love to hear more about the thais' of yesteryear as there are not many reports especially on thai with the incense trait ,it be most appreciated if you could list som the desired/experienced trait of taste/aromas of this thai line leathery /liver amzing i want to smoke these thai's,the tfd haze line from SAMS is thought to lean toward the sweet thai side that he favors,so this is intriguing to me

Northern Lights 5 crossed with Haze male C. Is the best Indica / Sativa hybrid that I've ever done. HzA male to NL5 was also excellent and was the mother of N.H. The HzC was a complex sweet aroma, while HzA produced plants with a leathery smell, more reminisent of the old Thai's.
Complex liver/ leather smell is what I'm looking for in a good Thai descenant to cross with the Haze.

this is amazing , would have thought you would mention one of the OSH clone only's such as A5 /G13/HPH ,the old thai flavors and incense/frankincense are exactly wat i look for in my haze ,there are a few with clones of NYC haze which carry the traits you speak of but i cant recommend anyone specific becaz i havnt experienced any of their product myself and it seem many hav their own idea of wat the best NYC HAZE is

soo wit this in my mind yu consider the NL5hazeC your best hybrid ,is this the current offering from mns ?or is this a different selection from shanti,as i understand the current nl5haze is from the haze c male

Damn dude you sound just like bigherb! I had a laugh thinking it was him before I read the name.
smokeon

glad i can make somone smile

As I've said before, I don't know what other seed companies are doing. I haven't smoked a good Haze in 25 years that didn't come from the 7 plants I wrote about earlier. If some one else has got good haze, where did it come from, and how old were the seeds when they were sprouted?
seems as if you havnt visited nyc in the last 20 somthin years ,iwish you could taste this NYC HAZE we speak of especially wat we call FRANKIES ,the taste/aromas are reminescent of the haze A hybrids and the old thai's you speak of

I'm looking for something that is not descended from A or C, but still Haze or Haze like.
I want to use a N.H. male
id lov to hear your thoughts on wat was suggeted but before i forget ,although you mention you dont want to use the parents wat about the doc kovorkian or stu pheno

1luvbigherb

Well Nev, there's quite a few legitimate candidates there and no shortage of willing collaborators. Perhaps since your a BIG picture guy, you might need to expand your idea from one ultimate strain to - "The Grail Series" - a set of revolutionary cutting edge hybrids from the master hybridist.

NL#5Haze male x ...... whatever.......go for it mate!

Hi bushweed,

Tom Hill's also the guy that said he thought Shanti and Nevil's Hazes were more than likely something from Australia - rather than from SamS - (not like the genuine authentic Haze he grows:confused:) so he may not be the best guy to deal with IMO. Further to that' if Nev planted ten thousand TH Hazes and selected the best, he'd probably end up with something comparable to Haze A or C, which he already has (C) see?

Thus I'd be more inclined to gow with Charlie and Dubi's Hazes - they've been less selected and may offer something different.

i just found and read the post from Tom you refer to:

"Yeah, I know you know about the Haze, I know Shanti knows, and I damn sure know that Neville knows too - that's not Haze Bros Haze. I am not an idiot, even if the line I have is contaminated as some (you for example) claim -and I wouldn't know because they are so full of shit over there- there is just no way that I would never see recombination gens throwing out something similar to Nev's version if they were even remotely related.
It doesn't take a Cambridge scholar to smell BS when the boss starts freely interchanging the word Sativa for Haze etc and changing the subject from peds to quality of smoke being all that matters etc (correct, but off topic). We learn to sniff that crap out on the streets of Inglewood in the states - it was a nice try though, all too typical as well. Good smoke though, so what is it? lol. -T"

What I do find interesting though is that Tom basically 'confirms' that the O.Haze Sam gave to Positronics Tom has is different/unrelated to Nevs '69/70 genetics Nevs hazesA n C come from.
And thats why he thinks mns haze is not real haze or even related (since compares his version , and his is from Sam and so is/is related to the 'real thing') .
Meaning it somewhat confirms what Nev said about the seeds he received from Sam , that the seeds produced a lot of variance (and were not pure) and not all plants were from same parents or pure haze parents. Plus if Sam didn't manage to get any of the really old stock to germinate or didnt keep clones from that 69/60 stock as Nev assumes then all Sams haze may be well different to Nevils hazes and Sam haze may all come from seed made later from 76 onwards.
So I find that conclusion from Tom very interesting.

Btw Spoke a bit with Charlie Garcia but he said he doesn't believe he has any Thais that would fit the description so unfortunately he can't be of any help . As for ot1 hazes he mentioned that Shanti also got some seeds from the back in the day and didn't find it worthy..Anyway he suggested maybe try n look for old real haze in the us or Aus.

Last edited:
Well Nev, there's quite a few legitimate candidates there and no shortage of willing collaborators. Perhaps since your a BIG picture guy, you might need to expand your idea from one ultimate strain to - "The Grail Series" - a set of revolutionary cutting edge hybrids from the master hybridist.

NL#5Haze male x ...... whatever.......go for it mate!

definitely agree with this my friends!! good idea bushweed!

Hi bushweed,

i just found and read the post from Tom you refer to:

"Yeah, I know you know about the Haze, I know Shanti knows, and I damn sure know that Neville knows too - that's not Haze Bros Haze. I am not an idiot, even if the line I have is contaminated as some (you for example) claim -and I wouldn't know because they are so full of shit over there- there is just no way that I would never see recombination gens throwing out something similar to Nev's version if they were even remotely related.
It doesn't take a Cambridge scholar to smell BS when the boss starts freely interchanging the word Sativa for Haze etc and changing the subject from peds to quality of smoke being all that matters etc (correct, but off topic). We learn to sniff that crap out on the streets of Inglewood in the states - it was a nice try though, all too typical as well. Good smoke though, so what is it? lol. -T"

What I do find interesting though is that Tom basically 'confirms' that the O.Haze Sam gave to Positronics Tom has is different to Nevs '69/70 genetics Nevs hazesA n C come from!
And thats why he thinks mns haze is not real haze or even related (since compares his version , and his is from Sam and so is/is related to the 'real thing') .
Meaning it somewhat confirms what Nev said about the seeds he received from Sam , that the seeds produced a lot of variance (and were not pure) and not all plants were from same parents or pure haze parents. Plus if Sam didn't manage to get any of the really old stock to germinate or didnt keep clones from that 69/60 stock as Nev assumes then all Sams haze may be well different to Nevils hazes and Sam haze may all come from seed made later from 76 onwards.

So I find that conclusion from Tom very interesting.

Btw Spoke a bit with Charlie Garcia but he said he doesn't believe he has any Thais that would fit the description so unfortunatelly he can't be of any help . As for ot1 hazes he mentioned that Shanti also got some seeds from the back in the day and didn't find it worthy..Anyway he suggested maybe try n look for old real haze in us or Aus..

sup unc

wat a topic ,im in aww conversing wit nev and you both in the same thread

thankyou again

very interesting post from tomhill,but as SAMS has stated there are no clones that survive from the OHAZE grows the only clones would be of the haze/hazehybrid he worked/grew out in holland ,i know no haze clones were taken or kept from the haze bros haze ,they grew from seed each year

What I do find interesting though is that Tom basically 'confirms' that the O.Haze Sam gave to Positronics Tom has is different to Nevs '69/70 genetics Nevs hazesA n C come from!
And thats why he thinks mns haze is not real haze or even related (since compares his version , and his is from Sam and so is/is related to the 'real thing')

tom CANT confirm nothing about SAMS haze nor NEV he wasn there ,IMO most likely the haze was more inbred that tom hill got from posi f10 - f16 watever ,but not diff stock of haze might hav somthin added to it ,tom hill hasnt recognized spice in his line nor the musky soap traits i mention before ,he describes his line as thai ,and the traits he mention are not familiar as i kno haze ,but interestingly MNS haze hybrids and SAMS CC
haze hybrids both share incense catpiss traits

it is also interesting that neville reports he experienced or knows of the purple haze when we havnt seen a purple haze/haze hybrid from SAMS CC or TFD ,

Plus if Sam didn't manage to get any of the really old stock to germinate or didnt keep clones from that 69/60 stock as Nev assumes then all Sams haze may be well different to Nevils hazes and Sam haze may all come from seed made later from 76 onwards.

i dont agree and couldnt see this possible if i undestand wat your saying

why would SAMS give neville older haze stock then wat he was working with ,IMO neville has whatever seed stock from the same year as SAMS work,watever he was working with from the same year he collected the stock .i will say i know for a fact SAMS does not have 69/70 haze seed stock ,IMO both SAMS and nevs stock come from 76 onward .

somthin ive pondered on we see mns haze hybrids SSH,NH ibelieve one or 2 to show purple ,where does this come from if not the haze as i dont recall nl5 or sk#1 showing purple traits

1luvbigherb

Hi bigherb,

What I was basically saying is that both Nev n Sam had 69/70 stock of OHaze seed from plants the HzBros grew but when Sam arrived in holland ('84-85) these old seeds would be ~15 years old so no doubt the germ rates would be low.
Seems Nev luckily found and kept some plants while Sam probably wasnt as lucky and didn't , just like Nev suggested .
In that sense the Haze Tom has that comes from Sam via Posi is different to the haze Nev found male A and C in. In case I wasn't clear I don't mean completely different but not very related like one would expect if Haze from Broz via Sam was pure. And Nevs comments on Haze purity and observations makes me believe this. Similar and related but different..in other words not the same.

As for Nevs and Sams stock both coming from Sams Haze stock he made after 76..
you know its hard to take any such info seriously if there is no back up evidence for those claims. so can source your info or give details ?

Regarding purpling I believe purple SSH or NH plants seen are all due to cool temps..and not due to genetics as they dont always go purple.

l33t

Last edited:
attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

Hey Nevil,
So you like what you see there? Well guess what?
Talk to you Sunday.
Ortega

Hi bigherb,

What I was basically saying is that both Nev n Sam had 69/70 stock of OHaze seed from plants the HzBros grew but when Sam arrived in holland ('84-85) these old seeds would be ~15 years old so no doubt the germ rates would be low.
Seems Nev luckily found and kept some plants while Sam probably wasnt as lucky and didn't , just like Nev suggested .
In that sense the Haze Tom has that comes from Sam via Posi is different to the haze Nev found male A and C in. In case I wasn't clear I don't mean completely different but not very related like one would expect if Haze from Broz via Sam was pure. And Nevs comments on Haze purity and observations makes me believe this. Similar and related but different..in other words not the same.

you know its hard to take any such info seriously if there is no back up evidence for those claims. so can source your info or give details ?

Regarding purpling I believe purple SSH or NH plants seen are all due to cool temps..and not due to genetics as they dont always go purple.

l33t
sup unc

i understand wat you mean as for tom hill stock ,although its not cut n dry wit SAMS and his haze n hybrids as ive asked before in the past and im sure i wont get an answer now,especially as my latest question/S hasnt been answered in my thread at IC
id love too hear som of your thoughts SAMS,such as what year was the haze stock from you gifted neville?

Seems Nev luckily found and kept some plants while Sam probably wasnt as lucky and didn't , just like Nev suggested

wat would we consider TFD haze wasnt that selected in holland not just seed stock from 69/70 given to eddie ,so in som sense he had to find somthing and done some work

if you look at the 81 catalouge thai haze was in there but the haze skunk or limited skunk haze wasnt, im not sure atm of the 84 catalouge ,but i think or id like to believe he has done som work in europe whether it was from haze selected from old seed or clones or seed of his haze hybrids made in us

i knew i should hav watched my tounge its hard though lol

for one SAMS i believe stated the grows from 70-75 if i recall correct and i will say the first seed were grown in 69 soo its not possible for the stock to have come from 69 when they were just grown out for the first time

atlast i will soon give more detail and source my info ,wen i complete my article

Regarding purpling I believe purple SSH or NH plants seen are all due to cool temps..and not due to genetics as they dont always go purple

its interesting i havnt done much looking into this but you kno i was interested a while back and the 1 or 2 i asked are quoted below
quoted pluko on afghan haze
Hi there bigherb hope your well,the purple in this pheno seems to be natural and low temps are not happening were im at.This was the only pheno that went purple out of 8 and the only plant in quite a big room with many other strains but ill have to re-run it to know for sure one thing i would say is that the purpling began quite early about week4-5.

quoted shovehandle on NH
could have been a little cool for a couple of days but I think it was genetic. One plant was purple-ish and the foxtail plant very green, no hint of any purp

1luvbigherb

Quote:

The stock that I got from Sam was 69'/ 70'. He told me it was 60'/70' and warned me of poor germination results. The various batches were labeled and dated. All indications are that he was telling the truth. He was also reluctant to sell because of limited stock.
Is anyone suggesting that either he or I are lying about this?
N.

Quote:

The stock that I got from Sam was 69'/ 70'. He told me it was 60'/70' and warned me of poor germination results. The various batches were labeled and dated. All indications are that he was telling the truth. He was also reluctant to sell because of limited stock.
Is anyone suggesting that either he or I are lying about this?
N.

much respect always

im saying i think SAMS was lying, i dont believe the stock was from 69/70,definetly not 69

He told me it was 60'/70'
are you referring to germ rates?

id lov to hear about the dates labeled on the batches if you recall

1luvbigherb

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Last edited:
Quote:

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant 69'/70'.
As I said, he was reluctant to sell, but he needed money.
The bags and labeling looked at least 15 years old. The germination rates were consistant with seeds of this age. And most importantly, I was not aware of any significance of these dates. If he said they were from 76', I still would have been interested. No, if he was lying, the seeds would have been older and not bred by him. The benefit in this case, would be that he could claim authorship. Otherwise, who benefits?
Please explain more fully the reasons for your suspicions.

I have a good supply of these on hand, highly selected out of thousands of specimens from i believe, Seedsman stock, outdoors in the tropics. Really nice O Haze seeds, just tricky growin em for most:rolleyes: Wouldnt doubt if they are a decent representation, but i have yet to pop a bean personally;)

Product Description
Manufacturer ReeferMan Seeds
Genectics Mexican/Columbian/Thai/South Indian Sativas
Feminised Regular (not feminised)
Variety Pure Sativa
THC Content 19%
Grows Greenhouse & Grows indoors
Flowering Time 12-16 Weeks
Harvest Month December

More Information

This is the original haze from the Haze Brothers, from which all haze hybrids derive. It has a strong cat piss smell and is a super long flowering sativa.

It is a very special strain, ideal for breeding. This strain has the biggest stretch out of almost all other strains - it can grow huge if allowed to do so..

Sacred Seeds bred original Haze in the late 1970s from a combination of several sativas, including a Mexican/Columbian, some Thai and South Indian

Last edited:
I have a good supply of these on hand, and they were selected out of thousands of specimens from Skunkman's stock, outdoors in the tropics. Really nice O Haze seeds, just tricky growin em for most:rolleyes:

Product Description
Manufacturer ReeferMan Seeds
Genectics Mexican/Columbian/Thai/South Indian Sativas
Feminised Regular (not feminised)
Variety Pure Sativa
THC Content 19%
Grows Greenhouse & Grows indoors
Flowering Time 12-16 Weeks
Harvest Month December

More Information

This is the original haze from the Haze Brothers, from which all haze hybrids derive. It has a strong cat piss smell and is a super long flowering sativa.

It is a very special strain, ideal for breeding. This strain has the biggest stretch out of almost all other strains - it can grow huge if allowed to do so..

Sacred Seeds bred original Haze in the late 1970s from a combination of several sativas, including a Mexican/Columbian, some Thai and South Indi

id love to hear a smoke report from you ,im especially interested in taste/aromas

did the aromas/taste from the description come threw ?

i think this is the first complete grow i know of reported on reefs haze bros haze ,ojd was growing them out but never answered me about the outcome

id lov to see pics or hear more

1luvbigherb

Quote:

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant 69'/70'.
As I said, he was reluctant to sell, but he needed money.
The bags and labeling looked at least 15 years old. The germination rates were consistant with seeds of this age. And most importantly, I was not aware of any significance of these dates. If he said they were from 76', I still would have been interested. No, if he was lying, the seeds would have been older and not bred by him. The benefit in this case, would be that he could claim authorship. Otherwise, who benefits?
Please explain more fully the reasons for your suspicions.

The bags and labeling looked at least 15 years old. The germination rates were consistant with seeds of this ageAnd most importantly, I was not aware of any significance of these dates

im very curious if you recall if these different batches had different years on them and if you recall the years ?

the significance if you believe the story SAMS has told is according to the year you might see more of an expression of the latest sativa that was added 70 lumbo 71 lumbo X mex 72 thai 73 S.indian or somthing of that order ,this isnt exact just an example according to his story

Please explain more fully the reasons for your suspicions

just my opinion

i dont believe his story ,it doesnt seem to add up ,if you look at many of his post ,he claims the ohaze contained many lumbos such as wacky weed colombian gold etc but didnt recall exactly

somthing ive pondered on
why is sams not sellin the seeds of the parents he used to create the skunk and ohaze if hes sellin pure malawi ,pure napali,south indian 1-3 all from the first seed catalouge of 81 sacred seeds

then again the acapulco gold sams list in CC catalouge #4 says produced in 84 in mexico ,no seeds grown yet ,although her offers a indian sat ,it says developed on usa east coast wtf

if this all started in 69/70 why did he start to sell it in 81?

not answering many questions of mine?

the description that was given directly to me of taste/aromas from SAM is a melting pot of he mentioned the few varieties he smoked of haze such as purple haze aka rootbeer pheno ,i was surprised and saddedened it was the only real description i could find on the net until ,happyhi posted the indepth report to me of the four varieties which was similar to the silver blue n purple mentioned by SAMS ,but SAMS had no response

a quote from SAMS if i recall correct if you smoked orignal haze back then you would not be calling it one line

in the haze brothers poster there are four pheno/colors posted gold /magneta/ silver /blue

if only these 4 varieties came from a combination of many lumbo's the best mex ,thai n S.ini, does that make sense ?wouldnt /shouldnt we hav seen more variation ?

there are many more such as the hand written catalouge, doubt's of owning companies and creating famous strains ,i could go on and on but these are som reasons that have left me in doubt of his verison of events

much respect and love always

i hope i didnt bring any negative light

id lov to get back to your plans for the grail

1luvbigherb

Hi all,it find it amusing all this talk about the haze,and sam and the diffrent debates on the years and such,the way i see it is:
Nev got his seeds from sam,sam told him 69/70.
Nev grew out said seeds,and found the haze male selctions Nev then took said haze males and produced some of the finest strains to evetr grace this planet,and won numerous cups.
And today,all the prize winning haze you see,was derived from these original selctions,and continues to win cups time and time again,doesn,t really matter what year.ect,anyway,that the way I see it,peace..sensient

Well Bigherb, I wouldn't swear on a kilo of Haze Hash, that he told me that he grew them himself.
I seem to remember one batch had a number of years mixed together something like '66,'67,'68. A prominent ancestor was a thing called "Burning Bush". If Sam didn't grow burning bush then the person that did will be able to tell us more.
Everything useful was from before 1970. The one plant that came up from '70 batch, Omega, was at best 25% haze and didn't make the grade.
N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back