Early Queen x Afghan Haze testers

Day 63, 12/12

No need for too many words 🤩

The harvest window is approaching… 💨💨
IMG_4636.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4641.jpeg
    IMG_4641.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4633.jpeg
    IMG_4633.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4630.jpeg
    IMG_4630.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4629.jpeg
    IMG_4629.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4628.jpeg
    IMG_4628.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4627.jpeg
    IMG_4627.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4624.jpeg
    IMG_4624.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4625.jpeg
    IMG_4625.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4626.jpeg
    IMG_4626.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 11
Day 70, 12/12

The earliest phenotype has been getting only plain water for over a week now; as soon as the pot dries out (about 3 days), I’ll harvest it. It smells like liver pâté 🤩
By the way, over the weekend I vaped a test bud… holy cow! Very strong, intense, amazing flavor.
IMG_4674.jpeg
The second-earliest phenotype has buds as hard as rocks; it smells like skunk or sharp musk. I think it’s suffering from some kind of deficiency, given that it’s shooting foxtails everywhere and a large portion of the buds have been covered in male flowers within a few days. I think I read an article somewhere that mentioned this reaction in connection with potassium, but unfortunately I don’t remember the details 🥲 Does anyone else have experience with this?
IMG_4667.jpeg
The remaining three are absolutely majestic; I’d describe their scent as luxurious or delicate—not overly strong, but still top-notch, if that makes sense 😅

I just can’t get enough of my queen—the bud structure is breathtaking, with bright, almost bluish trichomes and orange hairs. Absolutely gorgeous 😍
IMG_4673.jpeg
This one has sturdy, spear-like buds; the trichomes have small heads but are absolutely everywhere.
IMG_4665.jpeg
With this one, I don’t dare guess how much longer it will bloom—I’ve never grown buds like this before. It looks like they’re made up of foxtails packed close together with a larger number of petals; again, I think this appearance is caused by an imbalanced nutrient ratio. Nevertheless, it looks healthy.
Although I usually try not to touch the flowers too much, yesterday I really wanted to smell it, so I tried to sort of open up one of the large flowers to take a whiff. First of all, I have to note that the resin is very sticky, and the scent is like a flower shop mixed with a kitchen spice drawer.
IMG_4668.jpeg
IMG_4669.jpeg
Although yield isn’t my top priority, I think it’s going to be huge 💪

Wishing you all a peaceful week ahead, brothers! ✌️😊✌️
 
Day 88, 12/12

Only the last 3 remain; they’re now getting only pure water, and I’m closely monitoring them under a microscope. 🧐
Officially the most beautiful plants I’ve ever grown 🤩


IMG_4856.jpeg
IMG_4868.jpeg
IMG_4863.jpeg
IMG_4869.jpeg
IMG_4867.jpeg
The most vigorous phenotype was harvested on Day 73; after drying and a week in a jar, it’s starting to smell like mango. I’m thrilled with the first vaporizer tests 😊
IMG_4746.jpeg

The second one was harvested on Day 79—very hard, “horned” buds—and it has that typical dry Afghan aroma.
IMG_4805.jpeg
 
Day 95

Hi, guys 😊
I wanted to give them one last small watering with clean water and let them mature until Day 100 (I wanted to break that barrier 😁). So I’m admiring these amazing plants and taking photos for today’s post when, all of a sudden—I don’t even know why—I decided to open the biggest bud 😱
Unfortunately, I found mold inside the flower. I took immediate action and cut off all the largest buds. In the end, the losses weren’t too bad.
I was naive not to check such huge flowers as a precaution. A lesson learned 🙏
The sweet scent of fermented fruit that appeared a few days ago should have alerted me.
Only the outer plants—which have huge buds instead of flowers—were infected; the middle plant looks clean.
So I decided to harvest the rest of the plants over the weekend.
By the way, on day 92, I changed the light cycle to 11.5/12.5.
As I mentioned above, the photos were taken just before the mold appeared; as you can see, the flowers were truly enormous 🥹
I’ll be back after the weekend with a description of the aromas and photos of the harvested plants.

Have a great rest of the week ✌️💚
IMG_4901.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4904.jpeg
    IMG_4904.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4903.jpeg
    IMG_4903.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4902.jpeg
    IMG_4902.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4900.jpeg
    IMG_4900.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4899.jpeg
    IMG_4899.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4898.jpeg
    IMG_4898.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4897.jpeg
    IMG_4897.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
Day 95

Hi, guys 😊
I wanted to give them one last small watering with clean water and let them mature until Day 100 (I wanted to break that barrier 😁). So I’m admiring these amazing plants and taking photos for today’s post when, all of a sudden—I don’t even know why—I decided to open the biggest bud 😱
Unfortunately, I found mold inside the flower. I took immediate action and cut off all the largest buds. In the end, the losses weren’t too bad.
I was naive not to check such huge flowers as a precaution. A lesson learned 🙏
The sweet scent of fermented fruit that appeared a few days ago should have alerted me.
Only the outer plants—which have huge buds instead of flowers—were infected; the middle plant looks clean.
So I decided to harvest the rest of the plants over the weekend.
By the way, on day 92, I changed the light cycle to 11.5/12.5.
As I mentioned above, the photos were taken just before the mold appeared; as you can see, the flowers were truly enormous 🥹
I’ll be back after the weekend with a description of the aromas and photos of the harvested plants.

Have a great rest of the week ✌️💚
View attachment 117000
Do you have a pic of the bud with mould in it Lu? such a shame, this run looks beautiful.
 
Do you have a pic of the bud with mould in it Lu? such a shame, this run looks beautiful.
Dude, I don’t have a photo—sorry—but in these situations I usually act really panicked and rushed. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I was vaping the first EQxAH I harvested right before the tent inspection—speed 🚀😅

But I’d like to say that I definitely don’t find Early Haze prone to mold—absolutely not. One of the buds was located below the level of the circulation fan, and the other was on the other side of the tent. For some reason, I had the circulation fan set to low power this cycle—I didn’t want to blow too hard on them—probably a mistake with such monster buds.
Another thing—it wasn’t that nasty, slimy mold that spreads from the stem, but a white mold that was always confined to a specific spot where some moisture had likely lingered, which is why the damage wasn’t too severe.
Next time I find myself in a situation like this, I’ll try to take a few deep breaths, calm down, and document what’s going on. 😁✌️🧘
 
Dude, I don’t have a photo—sorry—but in these situations I usually act really panicked and rushed. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I was vaping the first EQxAH I harvested right before the tent inspection—speed 🚀😅

But I’d like to say that I definitely don’t find Early Haze prone to mold—absolutely not. One of the buds was located below the level of the circulation fan, and the other was on the other side of the tent. For some reason, I had the circulation fan set to low power this cycle—I didn’t want to blow too hard on them—probably a mistake with such monster buds.
Another thing—it wasn’t that nasty, slimy mold that spreads from the stem, but a white mold that was always confined to a specific spot where some moisture had likely lingered, which is why the damage wasn’t too severe.
Next time I find myself in a situation like this, I’ll try to take a few deep breaths, calm down, and document what’s going on. 😁✌️🧘
No worries at all man, it was mainly because those plants look perfect, and I cannot spot anywhere that even looks remotely like it might go down with mould. 🔥
 
Back
Top