NL#2

Thanks man, appreciate it.. I'm still hunting everything nevils said whilst he was on here, I can't get enough of it.. truth or bullshit, I love it,lol. And the knowledge he dropped in that times still some of the most relevant stuff on the internet today..
 
Hi all , Nice thread , i just put my Hands on an old nl2xnl5 dutch cut from the early 90 s, AAA quality old indica ,smelling like when you was opening thé door from a coffee shop 20years ago, And CAN rival with all the new elites. I will document it And post pics later. Peace
 
Sagarmatha has a terrible reputation...

The Blueberry from Peakseeds I just grew had nanners too (although it went through a lot under my care this round).
Its a three-way cross between DJ's, DP's and Sag's Blueberry.

I had no nanners on any of the MRN, ACE, Karma and C99 from Peak so far (also this round with all the issues).

The worst offender was the Reserva Privada Tangie freebie. Funnily enough, none of the World of Seeds freebies hermed. Go figure 8)


So yeah, I would stay clear of Sagarmatha.

Ever seen a video of that guy talking in conferences and such? That guy acts like a grade A kumbayah, heal the world hippy.
And then acts like a grade A capitalist, charging 10+ bucks a seed, gatekeeping knowledge etc. . A theme quite common in this "industry" and none of those fitting that bill were ever worth a lick.

Just my 2 cents

Hi, Bro.
When you say they had nannars, do you mean an actual hermaphrodite?
I grew some Crop kings BB, and never had an issue with cross sexing.
The cuts would show little hooks (bananas?), but I never got a single seed, always sinse.
Did your Peak BB ever produce an actual hermaphrodite with active pollen?
Or just a some girls with identity problems.
Thanks.
Peak have a good rep for their NL, btw.
 
Last edited:
If Bro isn't around, could someone else take the question up, please.
I see a lot of threads about hermaphodites, lady boys, nannars etc.
are you talking about active male pollen, or just 'signs'?
Out of a whole straw of Nordle I germed in the last year, I culled three plants for showing pollen. That's only about 2.5% intersex.
 
Last edited:
If Bro isn't around, could someone else take the question up, please.
I see a lot of threads about hermaphodites, lady boys, nannars etc.
are you talking about active male pollen, or just 'signs'?
Out of a whole straw of Nordle I germed in the last year, I culled three plants for showing pollen. That's only about 2.5% intersex.

Hi North,
when you described the little bananas on your Crop kings BB, that is what people mean when they say 'nanners.
Those are male flowers at full maturity, The yellow "bananas" are stamens carrying yellow pollen.
When it comes to reversal there are a few things to understand:
1. All female cannabis plants have the ability to produce male flowers. It is a survival mechanism of the species, and is triggered by stress.
2. The amount of stress required to trigger the production of male flowers is key. Some plants or entire lines are extremely sensitive to stress, maybe only one kind like heat, high nutrient levels, light leaks. Maybe any kind of stress. The key is sensitivity. Most indoor grows are far from perfect environments. Sometimes a grower with a perfect, beautiful healthy crop lets things get out of hand for just one day and returns the next to find bananas everywhere. Who's fault is that? Sensitivity
3. The severity of the reaction to stress also varies significantly. Some plants might just show a few at nodes off the main stem. Others could have them erupt throughout the flowers. Some plants reverse completely and start growing full male flowers. Severity. The reason this matters is that male flowers can create seeds throughout a crop without the grower knowing. This can cause BIG problems.​
I once grew a Laotian plant outdoors that topped itself mid-veg. During flowering, one of the 2 main branches was female and the other completely male. Extreme and clear cut hermaphrodism. Pretty rare.

If your question is about hermi's, that's about all I can tell you. They can all do it, some do it easier than others, and some cause more damage than others when they do it.

If your question is about Peak seeds, I haven't grown them, but if I were looking for blueberry to run, there are lots of choices.
DJ's gear is still around everywhere. Chimera's DJ hybrids are still out there.
Joey Weed, BeanHo, Dr. Atomic, Seedsman, the list goes on and on. Everybody's got a blueberry of some sort.

Wish I had experience with Sag to share with you.
Hope this helps.
 
Old Spice, thanks for that.
The CKbb wasn't showing pollen.
They had little hooks on them.
About 1/2" long, appearing where the first hairs would show, in the internode.
They were the same colour as the leaves, and looked like little bananas, or a tiny penis.
They weren't "footballs", or active pollen sacks.
I have read in some forums they are pre-signs of intersexing.
But these two cuts were female, and never produced a single seed.
 
Last edited:
Old Spice, thanks for that.
The CKbb wasn't showing pollen.
They had little hooks on them.
About 1/2" long, appearing where the first hairs would show, in the internode.
They were the same colour as the leaves, and looked like little bananas, or a tiny penis.
They weren't "footballs", or active pollen sacks.
I have read in some forums they are pre-signs of intersexing.
But these two cuts were female, and never produced a single seed.

Those "hooks" come out of the footballs.
You may not see the footballs because they typically occur in dense flowers around harvest time.
They have pollen on them, but are usually held so tightly by the buds that they don't move enough to drop dust.
Seeds from them are generally found close to the 'nana/in the same plant and not across the grow room.

They have been caused by heat when I've gotten them.
 
Old Spice, again, thanks for your help
and again, sorry, they were not flowers at all.
They appeared after I took the cuttings( first day of bloom).
These little hooks did not produce pollen, and when I put the cuts into flower, the "hooks/bananas' in the internode were replaced by female bloom, producing sinse( seedless )always.
 
While I don't know how good it is, and am also very interested in it is the Sensi Seeds NL1 x Hash Plant.

Nevil says the NL1 x Hash Plant was the most resinous he ever saw.

Ive heard the Sensi stuff is not as good as it used to be ??? Any truth to that ??

I had the NL5 15 years ago, and it was fire. Really great stuff. As good as original AK47, but a different high. To bad I lost both genetics.

I crossed the AK x NL5 and it was killer. Would defeat most carbon scrubbers.

Hazeman has the Original Nevils 88 G13 x Has Plant, and its also fire. I prefer it to any of the OG types, for both taste, and high.

Dr Atomic has a Killer NL#5.
 

Attachments

  • 7507SB87-insert-copy.jpg
    7507SB87-insert-copy.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 51
"oasis" is the only NL#2 based stuff around that I am aware of. And it's been a decade since I heard any current grows.

Plants don't stay the same after numerous Xs I'm afraid. The line of NL I had way back in the day (late 80's) was likely closely related to #2 as it was all juniper stinky and super short plants. Of course, they were the first true indoor oriented plants I ever worked with so the height thing wouldn't seem out of place now. In fact, they were probably average in stretch compared to almost all modern cultivars.

Good luck. Personally, I would go for something you are hearing good things about now.
I'm pretty new when it comes to knowing and understanding strains. In my neck of Canada, hashish was pretty much all we had access to. Most weed was "homegrown" and awful, so it was usually avoided. But then in in the late 90s, I was gifted some clones called R2 and gave it a shot (homegrown was always shitty so I was weary, but also trusted the source who gave them to me). "Freezeland" was also available but not as strong as the R2. It (R2) turned out to be awesome stuff, despite the fact that I was using a dehydrator to dry them (I had access to land to grow, not proper drying space. LOL, I had it drying outdoors on my back porch, with a garbage can propped over it).

Anyhow, as of last summer season, I finally grew out some MNS strains and noticed a beautiful difference between them and the strains I was choosing from Attitude, because of the pretty pictures. I love Ortega in particular, and I also finally got an understanding of what a sativa is, because of some SSH I also grown out. Since then, I have spent an awful lot of time learning about lineages, and wow, this is definitely the best forum to learn from IMO.

Because of Ortega, I've been looking into other "breeders" and their work with NL in particular. I noticed in the Swami seed lists that he had an R2 strain mixed in with a bunch of his strains (usually with M33, Friesland). Sent him an email asking about it, mentioning that we have a very popular clone only strain in my parts with the same designation. I haven't heard back from him yet, but after scrounging through his instagram posts, I found what I am including here in the screenshots I'll be uploading. The screenshots seem to be a conversation between "Swami" and someone who goes by the initial "D", a close friend of Nevil. In it, they discuss long lost R2 and how it was isolated and inbred in my backyard, 30 minute drive away.

Screen Shot 12-10-20 at 04.07 PM.PNGScreen Shot 12-10-20 at 04.08 PM.PNGScreen Shot 12-10-20 at 04.06 PM.PNGScreen Shot 12-14-20 at 09.44 AM.PNGScreen Shot 12-10-20 at 04.05 PM.PNGScreen Shot 12-14-20 at 10.02 AM.PNG

I can't be sure I have the screenshots in the right order, and I may be missing some as well, but as far as I can tell, that's all he put up. Doesn't make a clear picture to me, but it may to some of you. I'd really like to hear what you folks think, I'm kind of excited about the thought of NL2 possibly being preserved and worked here.

*edit* I didn't mean that it was literally in my backyard BTW, just close to where I live, my neck of the woods. I have been asked if I was the D referred to above, I am not
 
Last edited:
G `day Blunt

You like to make it up if you don`t know the facts ?
NL#5 was a clone . The other NL #s were seeds .
NL #5 was smuggled into Holland in a terrarium .

Its all here to read if you want to take the time and not speculate .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Seems like you make a bit up yourself.
 
G `day Blunt

You like to make it up if you don`t know the facts ?
NL#5 was a clone . The other NL #s were seeds .
NL #5 was smuggled into Holland in a terrarium .

Its all here to read if you want to take the time and not speculate .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Yeah ......no. I’m thinking they were all clones. It’s all in books if you care to read. NL has been around Washington since the 80’s. It’s funny all these people know so much but I haven’t even heard what indoor grown pot of all breeds was called back in the 80’s in wa. Or California for that matter. The internet is great at distorting facts.
 
Nevil was at the "Cannabis Castle" at the time he was working with the NL lines.
NL#5 was (according to him) never actually released as a pure seed line because he was busted shortly after the catalog went out announcing it.
Only a handful of people ever cot the pure seeds according to Nev, and they got them directly from him at the castle.

The most popular NL#5 based version of NL to make it into distribution was NL5 x NL2.
Nev described NL#2 as a "kush type."
Most modern lines sold as NL#5 today originated from those NL#5 x NL#2 beans.

Ortega is advertised as a selection from original seeds of a breeding project Nev did crossing NL#5 x NL#1.

There was a pretty diverse range of phenos to be found in Ortega, and I encourage you to explore it. I found 3 unique phenos out of 5 females I had. 3 were very similar and 2 were outliers.
The outliers were my favorites.
1 was a fast, shorty NL#1 hashplant with purpling ping pong ball nuggets.
The other was a tall golden-red resin queen with large calyxes in dense narrow spears with an delightful stink of fresh baby poo.

The other 3 girls made giant colas in a candelabra structure and although I know the line is not supposed to have NL#2 in it, those main plants struck me as looking ike what NL#2 should look like.

Remember, the NL lines Nev got were all hybrids with different fathers.

Can you tell us what specific NL#2 characteristics are attracting you to the line?
I have heard that NL#2 is actually what we know today as OG Kush.
 
G `day Blunt

You like to make it up if you don`t know the facts ?
NL#5 was a clone . The other NL #s were seeds .
NL #5 was smuggled into Holland in a terrarium .

Its all here to read if you want to take the time and not speculate .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
I believe a specific selection of NL5 used for certain crosses was clone only but NL5 as a whole was very much available as regular seed.
 
I believe a specific selection of NL5 used for certain crosses was clone only but NL5 as a whole was very much available as regular seed.
The NL#5 was clone only
Both the U.S and Nevils clone
There may have been NL#,s seed available in the states, as that's where it began.
Nevil stated the NL#5 cut he found he thought was better than the U S clone
Nevil worked a NL#5 seed line, but it was never released as he was busted in Australia and on return the Holland they were gone.
Many seedbanks have marketed NL#5 lines
However these would be there own work most likely from NL#5 xNL#2 or other NL lines, either from Nevils stock or original NL stock some Canadian and US breeders have
Doctor Atomics line is reputedlyfrom Both Dutch and US genetics
Nevils NL#5 is special for a reason, it's a rare find
Look at the lines it has gone on to create
Wish it was still alive ✌️
 
Hi All

Well i was going through the fridges over Xmas with my daughter and we found 2 large bags with all Nevil old breeding stock from 1996, 1998 and 2001...all labelled well and withNL1. NL2, NL5 seed crosses in abundance as well as G13 crosses and so many others....so it seems all has been vacuumed sealed and remained untouched for quite some years...but selected a bunch of seed stock to try and get going in Feb 2021....a time to bring back the corner store products. Try to get a bunch of the old potent Hash plant seeds working and will post photos of all the others we put in heating mat germinating tables....should bring back some memories for those old enough...and time to give a tribute to Nevil and his genetic work and seed collection obviously with a Shantibaba selection ...but it is the best we can offer for now!

Hope the new year brings good spirits and good health to you all....Sb
 
Hi All

Well i was going through the fridges over Xmas with my daughter and we found 2 large bags with all Nevil old breeding stock from 1996, 1998 and 2001...all labelled well and withNL1. NL2, NL5 seed crosses in abundance as well as G13 crosses and so many others....so it seems all has been vacuumed sealed and remained untouched for quite some years...but selected a bunch of seed stock to try and get going in Feb 2021....a time to bring back the corner store products. Try to get a bunch of the old potent Hash plant seeds working and will post photos of all the others we put in heating mat germinating tables....should bring back some memories for those old enough...and time to give a tribute to Nevil and his genetic work and seed collection obviously with a Shantibaba selection ...but it is the best we can offer for now!

Hope the new year brings good spirits and good health to you all....Sb
That's pretty awesome!
 
Back
Top