Mango Inbred & LaNina

Thanks Jake :) I would recco treating these like the sativas they are if you are gonna run them. Take a clone as soon as you can & give it a few 12 hour nights after it roots. Continue vegging your female cuttings under veg schedule for a week or 2 & bloom. I wouldn't recco blooming the seeds indoors. Mine are so sativa heavy that they look uncomfortable jammed in an intense, windy tent. Account for 100 days or so of flower.

Smoke report :) I don;t have a tripod, & I've been too busy to rig up a ghettophoto studio to get good dry shots, so just text for now. Pics when I can get good ones.

LaNina #1. Went 75 days, fully finished. Sexually stable & stretched like crazy on flip. Budset came hard too & she filled in well. Was most sativa structured LaNina in growth & seems the most sativa dom in smoke so far. 97g in the jar, 5-6g of early samples & 37g of dried trim. Grown in position (7) on a computer keypad with 8 other plants in a 3 x 3 grid.

Dry nug smell - 1. Roasted cooking spices 2. Sandalwood 3. Anise. Pretty complex & enjoyable sniffing crumbled herb. Loud when exposed to the air, but terpenes are not of the 'penetrating' variety, so contained by a simple mason jar. 8/10

Nug look - Big fat bracts, little to no leaf, crusty with resin, golden hue to the resin. Not huge, not overly dense, but the jar of flowers looks very very nice. 8/10

Feel & Burn - Chunky calyxes & very well dried so its a joy to crumble. Burns as well as it breaks up, but must be run thru grinder or finely done by hand due to the chunkieness of the bracts. Leaves haze type smell in the room when burned. Frankincense/sandalwood & a hint of anise. Smell is easier to clear from a room & clothing than pure frankincense funk. 9/10

Smoke taste - Tastes like a spicy haze hybrid. No sweetness or sour or citrus. MAYBE some rotten dark fruit (grape/currant/blackberry) in the background. Joints relit hours later taste like haze not funky old roaches. 9/10

Effect - Very pleasant, happy, motivating pot. Warm but not racy. Smoking in a warm room makes me take off my hoodie, but doesn't send sweat pouring out of my armpits. NO BURNOUT :D Strength is not linear. It's pretty stron on smoking, no creeper effect. High only has intensity for 30-45 min, however. & with no burn out, it seems like I need to smoke hourly if that's the jar I'm working with. Admittedly, when I burn it's 1/4-1/2g at a time. No noticeable tolerance buildup from day to day. Like any nug, if I smoke it exclusively through the day, it;s significantly less potent the 4th-5th time I burn. Lack of strength cost her here. 6/10

Ok fam, scribbbled all those notes a few days ago when testing her & I do like to smoke her daily, but she has to be interspersed with other bud &/or my trusty pile of drysift. Probably RIP, as I touched the reveg with 400ppm of nutes & that was like 250ppm too many, so it's looking doubtful. I'm not losing sleep over her loss. :)

What a great show Patrick! Hate to see it come to a close. It was great to vicariously watch your insane grow thru my 15" screen. Well done braddah!

Aloha
M

great thread PatrickStar ! mango haze ibl looks like a delicious wild sativa, could you tell me what was the germination rate please ? i read another mango haze ibl thread where the grower soaked 11 seeds but only 6 sprouted (2 Males and 4 Females)
thank you and have a great smoke session with the mango haze and la nina ! :)

Last edited:
Hi mu, show's just getting started :p J/K, but I am 5 days into 12/12 with 2 Mango Haze #1 clones. I'm still holding 7-8 LaNina ladies that I'll be looking thru in a selection type thread shortly. Same for 3-4 Mk/Sk & the other 3 mangoes. Hopefully I find a Mango keeper, & drop off pics of her in here for years to come. Also - ~50 more MH inbred seeds ;)

What's up Gizmo :) I popped these in the same month with my LaNina & my Mk/Sk. All from auction, the MH inbreds being a winter (spring??) cleaning pack. THe LN & Mk/Sk germed 100%. I think I planted ~15-20 Mango Haze seeds to get these 4 females. I had 4-5 not germ & I had a runt or 2, so only ~10 made it to seedling/junior stage. I culled 1 HUGE female before flip, she was 2x's as big as the satty dom plants I finished & ~3x's bigger than the squat Mango #1. I think I also pulled 2-3 Mangoes that wereb still unsexed when I was getting ready to flip to 12/12. I had a less than stellar germ rate, somewhere ~60%. I'm not really upset about the poor germ rate, as I have a lot of seeds left & I only paid ~$75 for the auction.

Smoke report on LN #2 coming tonight. :cool:

hello PatrickStar, thank you for the feedback on the germination rate of the mango haze ibl, your experience confirm what i read on another thread, 60% is not very good. i will read your next smoke report with great interest man.

No problemo, Gizmo :) I don't think there was any kind of germination rate disclaimer on the auction that I won (april of last year), & honestly it was the first time I was on the auction site in years. I noticed on later listings of "clearing/cleaning" packs that there was a disclaimer talking about 60(?) 70(?) percent germination percentage. I wasn't thrilled to read that or to experience a low percentage from my pack, but again - cost per seed was very very low. Also, I trust Shanti to make right should I run the whole pack & not find a few killer plants. So, right now I'm at peace with my 4 finished females-from-~18-20 seeds ratio.

mu, did you keep cuts of the Mango & LaNina that you love? My LaNina seedplants mostly leaned lemony & 2 of the offsite ones were on the fruit-candy-sweet side of life. Just one that I'd call 'hazy' (#1 & I don't have any clones). This Mango #1 looks to be a winner, it stretches haaaard sideways, & lots of vigorous growth shoots. It's staying squatter than the OG seedplants that I'm running with her & needs to be stripped hard to keep up. I'm letting her lag behind a liiitle bit, cause I'm worried that she may pass them in height by virtue of stretching longer/harder once she gets going.

LN #2 went 68 days & was approaching overdone. One of the most indica expressive seedplants. Grown in position #1 on a computer keypad in the 3 x 3 grid. Lowest yield of all the plants, but gave up the most early samples due to her ripening speed. Maybe 10g in early samples. 84g in the jar & her buds were pretty dense lil pinecones so not much lost due to larf. 40g dried trim.

Dry nug smell - 1. Lemon cleaner. 2. Sweet/fruity skunk 3. Coffee? Roasted nuts?? Pretty straight forward Lemon cleaner to me, but someone else said coffee straight away & after crumbling, sniffing, backing away & diving in again, can smell the coffee thing. I did bubba for headsmoke for a long time for those roasted coffee & pine terps. Faint in this, but it's there. Decent strength. 8/10 full disclosure, I like lemon cleaner smells :D

Nug look - Tightish small nugs, vibrant bright orange fat hairs. Some color, milky resin visually pops off of the darker colored bud. Med-sized bracts, left a decent bit of leaf on, as it was very frosty. 8/10 The masses would probably find this prettier than the LN #1 due to the color & denser buds.

Feel/Burn - Grinds more than it crumbles due to the tightness, leaf & smaller bracts. Not sticky enough to mess with my fingers when handling a rolling paper. Burnt, it smells like herb, nothing distinguishing (incense, skunk, baby shit, flowers, etc...) on the afterburn. Meh. 6/10 It gets over a 5 cause it was grown well & jar cured, but nothing special about breaking up a nug & rolling up a doobie. Smells great rolling, lol.

Smoke taste - Tastes great! :) Very lemony & as mentioned, I like lemons. Lemon cleaner/oil really comes through. Bumped down a notch cause re-lit it just tastes like herb, not lemon. 8/10

Effect - Stonier than the other bud I'm smoking (Mango & Satty dom LaNina). Smoked a fatty after garden work & through the beginning of a frontline ep about N.Kor3a. High crept a little bit & changed from sativa dom to balanced after ~10 min. Perfect herb for vegging out for me. Sedative enough that I'm not getting up every 5 min to do something, clear enough that I can absorb & process new information, & warm/happy enough to bring out the my bleeding heart for all those political prisoners. High lasted for an hour+ & made me sleepy afterwards, not burnt out & achey/groggy. 8/10 Haven't really smoked this for a whole day to see if it's got a burn out or daily tolerance yet. I'll update when I do :)

Kept 2 LN cuts and no MH (wish I had.) There was no room for more clones at the time. I still have a winter pak to do a mango specific grow in the future. I have yet to run my IBL and wonder if I should run alongside the regular winter pak or by itself. Did you like the IBL well enough?

La Nina #1 running along with AB, NLHz, NH, MM. Then there's the dozen Kazes my braddah dropped off the other day. Friends will appreciate the overflow. Kinda hazy these days brah :cool:

Cool runnin, M

Hey mu, I liked the inbreds, but they are more sativa than I was ready for. 3 of 4 of the seedplant flowers are VERY fluffy & I may have an issue getting decent donations on them. Unfortunately buyers tend to associate loose herb with poorly done/early herb, & thus the ticket is way lower. "Smoke some, Bro" doesn;t always cut it if ya know what I mean. The smoke is nice so far, but not devastatingly strong & still greenish tasting with little/no cure. Yield was great! I'll be doing smoke reports on them once I get thru the LaNina reports. The mangoes should have a decent lil cure on them in a week-10days.

They may be whole different aminals from clone ;)

EDIT - What's AB? Kaze = Master Kaze? I found some kickass indy doms in there when I did the testers. I have a pack on reserve & plan on doing my own lil master kaze 2.0 (af/hz x mk/sk) next pollen chuck

Last edited:
EDIT - What's AB? Kaze = Master Kaze? I found some kickass indy doms in there when I did the testers. I have a pack on reserve & plan on doing my own lil master kaze 2.0 (af/hz x mk/sk) next pollen chuck

Angels' Breath. Master Kaze. A sexy pair don't you think? It's all good.

Hey Ben! Good to hear from you brah!

M

Thank you for the love ben :)

mu, yeah that sounds like a fun time! I had a cutting that came to me as angel heart, but never saw AB's in person.

LaNina #3 went 68 days & was right on done. Grown in position #4 in the 3 x 3 grid. 118g in the jar & 45g of trim. Lowers nice & dense relative to most of the other plants. Probably 5-6 grams worth of samples taken, as she was quick to ripen. Nugs.

Dry nug smell - 1. Lemons 2. Melons. 3. Crayons??? Fresh plastic packaging??? Very loud & citrussy with a lil sweetness. Break up the buds a little & skunky funk comes out. 8/10

Bud look - Green with a gold shine, biiiig fat nugs. First 2 LaNina were grown in corners on the grid, this one was grown in one of the 'side sweet spots'. This one has the most indica looking buds. Med-sized bracts, no purple. Very frosty & the older resin is visibly gold/amber. 9/10

Feel/burn - Due to density & med bracts, this bud grinds to a nice fine but fluffy rolling mix by hand. Burns super smooth & smells like good pot on the afterburn, but nothing distinguishing 7/10

Smoke taste - tastes like creamy citrus-melon all the way to the end of the doobie. 8/10 Dunno if it tastes like herb or ass or lemons when relit because...

Effect - Shits kinda weak. I smoked a 1/2 gram doobie to the head & admittedly it wasn't a primo top from the sack, but I barely caught a buzz. I haven't been smoking hash or eating edibles lately & today was spent lightly smoking some of the Mango haze, not even a LaNina sister. High is happy & noticeable for all of ~20min. I'll smoke the whole damn rest of my 4g if I have to & if I'm wong I'll edit this post, but the first 2-3 times I've smoked it, I've been looking to smoke very shortly thereafter. 3/10 Just ripped 3 big hits of nice top from a bowl. Super smooth, very tasty, the high is clear & noticable in the head, but not at all strong.

I hope the clone brings up potency some. Seedplant grew like a superstar & vegging the clone is a well structured beast. She will get run at least 1 more time, hopefully soon.

LaNina #4 went 69 days & was nicely finished. Grown in the sweet spot of #5 on the grid - right under the bulb. I put her there because she was less vigorous looking on flip. She did her thang. Not the best bud structure, long thin buds, but density is decent & they were eeeeevvvrreeeeyyy wheeerrrree lol. 131g in the bag, ~3-5g of samples & 42g of trim. Would be interesting to see what she would have yielded if grown anywhere other than the sweetspot.

Nug smell - Whhhooooo. 1. Grapefruit 2. Skunk 3. Chemical solvent. LOUD. Complex & has a sweet cirtus (lemon/orange peel) element in there somewhere that keeps the skunk at bay9/10

Bud look - If they were fatter buds or deep purple they would be 10's. Frosty as fukk, light herb with small, dark maroon hairs that are almost invisible, making shiny glittery nuggets. med-large bracts, nice density. white/gold resin caked on there, right down to the stems. Underside of leaf left on there has pink/purple veins that add more bag appeal. 9/10

Nug feel/burn - Bud was a liiitle dry, but still crumbled as opposed to 'crushed' due to the larger bracts. Resin everywhere lol. Makes my fingers too sticky to roll, have to prep the paper before I handle the herb. It's dry so not sticky enough to stick the paper together while rolling. Maybe an issue when a lil moister :D . Afterburn is musky dank pot with some skunk noticable. 9/10

Smoke taste - Grapefruit solvent. Strong & distinct. More like eating a grapefruit than the solvent side, but it's in there. I've never been huge on grapefruit, but this is very nice. The flavor comes thru very clearly & the smoke is very smooth. 9/10 (seems to be a lotta nines going around...)

Smoke effect - BAM! Grapefruit, beeyachizzzz. Lol, it's strong & up for sure. 1 big rip on a bowl is plenty. The strength initially says 'indica' but it settles into a very strong motivating social type high. Finishing the 1/4g bowl 20min later keeps me high for an hour+. A whole 1/2g joint at once is a waste, as there seems to be a ceiling. It's up there, but there is a limit to how high I can get with this herb, I think. I did stay high for almost 2 hours with no burnout after that doobie, though. 9/10 Would have been a 10 (my amps may go to 11 on occasion :p ) but for the ceiling. Shit's anything but weak, though. I wouldn't smoke this with my low tolerance having mom, haha.

...Resin everywhere lol. Makes my fingers too sticky to roll...

Yeah, reals cloggers all right- can sometimes be difficult to finish the last third of a number. Tubin' those hard nuggets makes for a hashy tasting and very clear high tho. Ya mon ;)

Aloha braddahs,
M

Cloggers indeed, mu :) Most if not all the indoor doobies & all the outdoor fatties get rolled with tips cut from the flap on the zigzag pack. Resin on my teeth is not a good look haha!!

I was gonna say that you might have hit your own biological ceiling after the report on the #3 pheno Patrick :D

But the #4 pheno report shows that it probably was all in the pheno.

Nice report all around and very valuable information shared. Thanx a bunch Patrick!

Especially loved to read about the strong/loud Grapefruit aroma in the #4 La Nina.
It's these kinds of reports and feedback with experience from other users through PM that make me believe I will be able to find all the flavors and aromas I am looking for in MRN genetics and don't have to buy another bubblegum or something.

Love this forum, love the peeps and can't wait to contribute something back other than my opinions and sharing my research findings.

Stay frosty friends!

Yo Bro :) Yup, even the best genetics give up low quality plants on occasion. One of my favorite self-made seedlines to go through is a mixed tin with an AbusiveOG x G13/HzC daddy & mostly MrN moms & a good portion of the seeds are off MrN keeper moms. Last run I got 3 plants - Lemon Haze, Kushalolo & a hay plant, lol. Lemon haze & kushalolo were A++ nose, resin & smoke - Hay plant was 10+oz of hay. I turned it into BHO, & that was sour lemon fire, but on the plant/bud there were only hay, green tea & lemon grass terps. LaNina #3 did fine with one of the people who got it. She said it was super smooth & not overwhelming. She hooked up a few heavyheavy smoker friends of hers (one is medical for some sort of gut condition), & I didn't hear back that it was any weaker than the LaNina #1 that they got. Just put some of the #2 & the offsite out, I'll get reports next week. Girls eyes lit up when she smelled the offsite herb. Sweet candy OG but not OG smell ;)

Happy birthday PatrickStar ! may the mango haze and lanina high be with you on this happy day :) any mango cake in preparation in the kitchen ? ;)

Hiwdy Gizmo :^) It's not really my birthday, but according to the spongebob wiki, Patrick star was born on (US annotation...) 3.14 or 'Pi day'. Starfishes don't have brains, but Patrick is a supergenius somehow. Here's how my birthday went.

Me n Bob got invited to a BBQ.
TdfyKrN7HGTIY.gif

I ate a loooot.
12uXi1GXBibALC.gif

They ran out of mustard & I didn't take it too well.
TydZAW0DVCbGE.gif

EyxvlbxzNqywo.gif

Bussted on outta there, & made my way to the Krab for moar food.
wxp4v3RlHPeve.gif

Smoked some hash on the way over so when the girl asked for my order I was all
LnKa2WLkd6eAM.gif

Food came out & looked sooooo good!
13k4VSc3ngLPUY.gif

I ate a loooot moar.
IgOEWPOgK6uVa.gif

Had some scratch leftover after krabby patties & decided to ride some rides.
jvbQuNWohvydW.gif

After that went home, kicked off my shoes & watched some hash church on youtube.
gE6IUBRWZd744.gif

All in all it was a good day :^P

Yo frosty420, I'm working on getting a lil tripod for my point and shoot so I can get ok dry shots. Hopefully this week.

EDIT - For you super geniusses out there (dorks, lol) this year's pi day is a digit closer to pi than last years & it's the closest the date ever comes. 3.1416....

Last edited:
Back