Testers Needed for the Grail widow, Widow AC and 3 Regular Untested CBD enriched strains from CBD crew new work.

okay im not very hip for someone that love mj as much as me, but the CBD crew is off break of mrnice or some partnership, got that. but their goals are to make strain high in cbd and low in thc? or with just a high overall ratio of cbd to thc? but still high thc.

im all interested in new strains and such, but i want to know their goals. im not trying to grow any R4.

THC is a very vital part to the medicine, the ratio of the 2 substances is very important IMO.

but shit on that note im down to test mr.nice seeds no questions asked:D i know they are high in my beloved THC

Have we learned which cbd give us which sensations yet? Ie. the racy high, laughing, tranced, trippy, or couch lock highs? I just am trying to wrap my mind on something over my head. I guess I keep falling back. Hash plant x northern lights and nevils haze were designed to give opposite effects but either plant can have high thc and varying cbd levels. Is it the ratio between the two that give the different effects or a different kind of thc. As far as effects what can one expect from a 4% / 4% ratio? And if you have built up tolerance smoking high thc flowers would you need to use more of the thc/cbd balanced strains? I appreciate you taking your time to explain and would love to hear other points of view as well. Thank you

CBD has been shown to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol

As for other Cannabinoids, I don't know that much about them.
THCV modifies the speed of the high and according to Wikipedia attenuates it.
CBN makes you sleepy.

okay im not very hip for someone that love mj as much as me, but the CBD crew is off break of mrnice or some partnership, got that. but their goals are to make strain high in cbd and low in thc? or with just a high overall ratio of cbd to thc? but still high thc.

CBD Crew strains are bred to have a content of both THC >4% and CBD >4%.

is 4% high? or is that low? i mean like i said the number people route confuse me sometimes. like banana kush is 27%? are those statistics relative to that one? or maybe i should just ask what is a high grade plants avg. thc cbd level. geez thats a good question. i almost feel dumb asking it and not looking into it myself but its never came up, i have no way of testing my product other than people. lol

is 4% high? or is that low? i mean like i said the number people route confuse me sometimes. like banana kush is 27%? are those statistics relative to that one? or maybe i should just ask what is a high grade plants avg. thc cbd level. geez thats a good question. i almost feel dumb asking it and not looking into it myself but its never came up, i have no way of testing my product other than people. lol

Check out https://knowyourgrow.co/ for various test results.
Typical THC content of flowers ranges from 10-20%, depending on genetics, conditions and part of plant tested.

Most strains have THC:CBD ratios of 10:1 and higher.

Example results:
Super Lemon Haze: 16.6% THC 0.3% CBD
Strawberry Cough: 19.4% THC 0.2% CBD
Bubblicious: 13.7% THC 2.0% CBD

CBD Crew typically seem to get stable 4-8% THC and 4-8% CBD

okay and this is relative to the harvest time and conditions too correct?

i mean thc converts the cbd as time goes on, and what about uv lights(maybe thats going to far..) effects?

so cbd crew is getting a 1/1-1/2 ration cbd to thc? seems pretty interesting. so basically they are taking bagseed and are trying to produce higher CBD cannabis while retaining a decent thc ratio. this i can live with, and is very similar to how we go to the level of thc we have seen, we bred for it over time, they are just going the other direction, hmm well as long as they are breeding both for high cbd and hopefully some tastes, but leaving the thc level alone(not concerning themselves) sounds cool with me.
i would be down to give a strain a run. hmm i have a pet project that geared towards similar goal.
i do have a question for anyone who has grown a CBD strain, did the trichs develop but with shorter stalks than normal? what was the smell like? my pet project seemed to have a mushroom smell, and extremely short trichs, like no stalk just a bubble all the way till harvest. it was a very sleepy weed with little head high. and i even harvested it early.

wow, im sorry about the book. guys got a little carried away.

i mean thc converts the cbd as time goes on, and what about uv lights(maybe thats going to far..) effects?
No. That's a common misconception.
THC degrades to CBN, not CBD.

so basically they are taking bagseed and are trying to produce higher CBD cannabis while retaining a decent thc ratio. this i can live with, and is very similar to how we go to the level of thc we have seen, we bred for it over time, they are just going the other direction, hmm well as long as they are breeding both for high cbd and hopefully some tastes, but leaving the thc level alone(not concerning themselves) sounds cool with me.

CBD Crew strains originate from the Cannatonic by Resin Seeds which exhibits unstable ratios High-THC / Low-CBD, Mid-Mid, Low-High.

right thc to cbn. cbd is whole different essential oil that is produced got it with its own levels. go it.

cannatonic, my fault have been more politically correct with that statement bagseed-esque, i do not mean to call it of imporper lineage. it is still from a high grade strain obviously.

and what you are saying about it is the breed cannatonic, was inherently unstable, probably born of plants with mutations, its the best way to breed this is how my pet project came about, it is an F1 that shows no resemblance what so ever, to the parents. parents where both highly mutated stria's, with very unusual characteristics themselves. so i think i understand.

oh and thanks for the info, i appreciate it ton. i hate to make improper assessment, like judging cbd by thier name, like judging a book by the cover. its just not the right thing to do.

and what you are saying about it is the breed cannatonic, was inherently unstable, probably born of plants with mutations, its the best way to breed this is how my pet project came about, it is an F1 that shows no resemblance what so ever, to the parents. parents where both highly mutated stria's, with very unusual characteristics themselves. so i think i understand.

TBH I don't know too much about CBD strains either, other than what I absorbed on the Internet.

Apparently fiber hemp exhibits high CBD content. There's also fiber hemp with CBG instead. Pharmacology of Fibre Hemp

My suspicion is that Cannatonic is the result of crossing fiber hemp and Sativa/Indica Cannabis, then optimized for yield.
Alternatively it may just as well be a mutation as you suggested. I don't know.

Attachments

• CANNA-testing-at-Spannabis-2009.jpg
    CANNA-testing-at-Spannabis-2009.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
very possible, there is also the off chance they used grafting or even in vitro breeding via tissue culture, these would both offer more direct control over the process of breeding hemp with cannabis.

I'm with You, Shanti bro! :D

please write my name to the tester list.

I grow indoor and outdoor at this year.

thanks for the chance... we really appreciate it!

Big Hungerese bro

very possible, there is also the off chance they used grafting or even in vitro breeding via tissue culture, these would both offer more direct control over the process of breeding hemp with cannabis.

i know very little about to culture but there is no genetic materail shared between plants during the grafting process. you can not create new strains this way

Just started you Medicine Man 3 days ago. 16 for 16 germination. Would love to test any seeds from your line up!

Cheers,
Fiskars

hey poly i would have to read the whole paper and not just that small tidbit but it sounds to me like they found a little bit of transfer at the graft site. it in no way is suggesting that by grafting two strains together will you be creating a new strain. in fact i have seen it done and it is certainly not the case you just end up with 2 different strains growing from the one root stock. its very cool but it has no effect on the buds of either plant. it may help if one plant is particularly finicky to put it onto the stock of a hardier variety. say maybe a troublesome haze could maybe be grafted to a hardier indica stock and then it may be come easier to grow but that is just a theory i would have to test that out.

hey poly i would have to read the whole paper and not just that small tidbit but it sounds to me like they found a little bit of transfer at the graft site. it in no way is suggesting that by grafting two strains together will you be creating a new strain. in fact i have seen it done and it is certainly not the case you just end up with 2 different strains growing from the one root stock. its very cool but it has no effect on the buds of either plant. it may help if one plant is particularly finicky to put it onto the stock of a hardier variety. say maybe a troublesome haze could maybe be grafted to a hardier indica stock and then it may be come easier to grow but that is just a theory i would have to test that out.

i know i picked the worst article, there is a fee version somewhere. my google hand has been lacking recently. but there is an actual genetics change at the the point of the graft, where it would be advantageous to take cells for culture.
found a good one
Unintentional genetic engineering – grafted plants trade genes – Not Exactly Rocket Science

Ah so your saying take a tissue cilture from the altered point in the graft. Well that does make sense.

I will read your second link when I get home.

Also if you want good onfo on these things try searching using goolge scholar. It will help you find actual peer review papers which are pretty reliable sources.

Man I'm just thankful!

Looking back at the z-project & how it started. The lot size of strains & plants to collect data pts from & select. To work the lines while selecting through analytical results, grow after grow. Dial in individual strains while carrying cbd over. More verification testing. The amount of info obtained about males & succesfully passing cbd along in the line, with true variables documented. I would imagine the crew could show us an avg. on CBD with a upper & lower spec limits for cbd on particular strains as well as THC. That is bad ass!
More people are learning of cbd & more will be helped. Happy to be apart of cbd crew & the availability of cbd.

I have no idea what the new work from the crew is or where it stems from but if Shanti says he believes given the parents these will contain more cbd, it makes me think he's confident in the male too as a reg with reason & the jump in cbd enrichment is a huge progressive stride in their project & or process.

CBD, it's one thing to have cbd lines but to have proven individual cbd males & females & know what they can do cannabinoid spec wise... is on another level.

It's been almost 3yrs, thank you! Can't imagine what the next 3 will bring...?

-SD

Back