Who has the real RoadKill Skunk ?

The thousands of people who bred it right up until the 1970s.

"Landrace" stuff was all actually bred by people we don't give ANY credit.
How do y'all think Neville fell in love with the plant? I doubt it was because it sucked.

The thousands of people who bred it right up until the 1970s.

"Landrace" stuff was all actually bred by people we don't give ANY credit.
How do y'all think Neville fell in love with the plant? I doubt it was because it sucked.

I knew that response was coming, dare I say predictable. This is why these conversations 99.9 reach a dead end

Since I know you can't say anybody else, case closed.

LOL.

You don't get what I mean, and that is fine. I think that Neville was great, and did a huge service to the community. I just think that he happened at a time when publicity started to happen for weed. Neville DID see the big picture and went for it.

I don't know the name of the man who held santa marta gold, but if you did search deeply you can probably find the story about the initial, BIG importations from Columbia. ONe farmer held the best Columbian gold. Not all lumbo was the same. Individual farmers and families selected plants over generations.

You want names? THAT is where Neville stands out. He put his name to it. Before that, people would lie like shit that they had nothing to do with any marijuana! LMFAO

Later, after doing time if I'm not mistaken, Mel Frank took some credit for Durban Poison. Before that, he claimed it was a friend. Times have changed and Neville took it to the wall.

I just don't think he was supernatural. He was a guy that bred great weed. There have been many.

No reason to be pissed off that I think this way. If I'm wrong, it should mean absolutely nothing to you.

By the way, saying case closed only closes it in your mind. No need to be so dismissive. Why is it a given in your mind that N is the best ever?

id like to find a joint so potent i cant finish it.
and ill smoke it by myself if i have to.

I just may be able to help you reach that goal. I have been smoking weed for 47 years now. It is not all about THC. I have 4 strains of weed that I doubt you can finish a whole joint of. All are old school landraces:

1) Kerala ganja. The real old school sativa Kerala. To date the most potent weed I have ever smoked. You will get brain freeze and lock up before you get half way though the joint. I got this stuff once in 1975 and people were banging on my door asking if I had any more for MONTHS after I ran out.
2) African Black Magic. There is zero chance of your being able to polish off a whole joint of this stuff. No chance. Last I smoked this stuff, I took two hits and passed out. This is one hit weed. Its also rare as all fuck. I got the beans of this from a breeder south of Big Sur in 1980.
3) Malawi gold. Another African favorite. You will be tripping so hard by the time you are 3/4 the way through you will forget that you were smoking a joint. This stuff came with a warning on the label: not for inexperienced users.
4) Punta Roja from 1978 (also known as Lowland Colombian red, the gooood lowland red). This stuff always put me under the table back in the day. It still does now. Maybe its high in CBN, or some unknown cannabinoid or terpinoid. Your eyes will grow red, and likely you will be under the table before you can finish the joint. I think you have the best chance with this stuff. I would love to see you try.

Last edited:
For the record: his name is spelled Nevil, not Neville.

I have several flavors of Colombian Gold from the 1970s from my own bag weed seed collection. And a dozen other Colombian landrace strains in my collection from the late 1970s. The best strains that I came across then. All frozen by me back in the day. There was never only one importer or one grower or any one person that had the best uber Santa Marta gold. That is bullshit. There were TONS and TONS and TONS of Colombian weed imported into the states in the 1970s and 1980s. I moved many pounds myself. There was no one best of any of it. There were good years and bad years. There was good Colombian, there was mediocre Colombian, and there was a shitload of bad seedy as all fuck bricked Colombian. There was also top grade loose unpressed Colombian. There was Colombian gold. There was Colombian red and gold. There was Colombian multicolored weed. There was Colombian purple. There was Colombian black (also called Wacky Weed). There was a shitload of fermented Colombian brown bricked weed (bricked green and fermented in transport). There was a shitload of bricked Colombian lowland red (Punta Roja). There was also a lot of Colombian red hair (Punto Roo). Then there was Colombian green from the west coast. My favorite, and likely the mother of Haze. And likely where Watson got it from in the early 1980s. I got mine in Gilroy, just over Hecker Pass from... oooooh, Corrolitos, CA. Imagine that. And maybe there was MangoBitche Colombian, but no one seems to know where that was grown in Colombia any more. Maybe the south in the Amazon basin? Or even in Brazil? Mango Bitche.... Manga Rosa? Something about mangoes in them seem similar to me. This was grown by the most part by piss poor farmers. Colombian weed growing is not that old. Not nearly as old as it is in Mexico. I cannot find any records of it growing in Colombia before 1880, other than in songs about the revolution. Colombian gold in the songs was real gold from Colombia, not weed. Who would have traded weed for guns in the Colombian revolution? Nobody. But for gold? They would be lined up, even today. Records in Spain date to 1525 when the Spanish brought Cannabis from the Philippines to Mexico and Chile. So for me the real unsung heroes in the new world that grew weed in the shadow of the church and bred it for making teas, by the way, not to smoke, were the ancient Mexican Indios. Of course before them were all the weed growers of Asia, Europe and Africa going back to the early migrations of humans into Eurasia. Weed BTW, is older than humans on the evolutionary timeline. It was around before we were. So who do we credit for that? The plant? Shiva? Steve Jobs?

Last edited:
LOL.

You don't get what I mean, and that is fine. I think that Neville was great, and did a huge service to the community. I just think that he happened at a time when publicity started to happen for weed. Neville DID see the big picture and went for it.

I don't know the name of the man who held santa marta gold, but if you did search deeply you can probably find the story about the initial, BIG importations from Columbia. ONe farmer held the best Columbian gold. Not all lumbo was the same. Individual farmers and families selected plants over generations.

You want names? THAT is where Neville stands out. He put his name to it. Before that, people would lie like shit that they had nothing to do with any marijuana! LMFAO

Later, after doing time if I'm not mistaken, Mel Frank took some credit for Durban Poison. Before that, he claimed it was a friend. Times have changed and Neville took it to the wall.

I just don't think he was supernatural. He was a guy that bred great weed. There have been many.

No reason to be pissed off that I think this way. If I'm wrong, it should mean absolutely nothing to you.

By the way, saying case closed only closes it in your mind. No need to be so dismissive. Why is it a given in your mind that N is the best ever?

I'm not talking anything else but his influence as a commercial cannabis breeder. Giving credit to who passed the torch and everything in-between is not where i was going with the conversation.

I'm not saying any of the above to blow smoke up N's ass he quite candidly said many passed the torch to him. what he accomplished with his lines is a clear as daylight. You could write on the back of a matchbox what did not descend from "the seedbank" i repeat Commercial Cannabis

It is matter of fact there is a 85% chance any commercial cannabis seed purchased worldwide is a descendant of "the seedbank" that to me is pretty remarkable feat in any field.

that is all

I should probably have just said that we are all standing on the shoulders of others. Even Neville.

moot point.

Nev was a commercial cannabis breeder. How well did he do?

Look at the varietals past/present. If his crossing were luck because a goatherder in Kandahar gave him seed. Why would 85% of the marketplace use them to this day. That part is not up for discussion

I can't add 2+2 for you - Any conclusion you wish to draw on how you see things is fine

You're talking classic hyperbole i.e. Coolmore stud is only the most successful thoroughbred breeding operation worldwide merely by chance because Darley Arabian is in 95% of modern Thoroughbred racehorses and Thomas Darley received the champion in his will and because and because and because. Oh yeah how many people do we need to give credit to again? Should we say Coolmore is only #1 because two stars crashed together and made planet earth (Who takes credit for that, The world would love to see that answer) fire away

Oh yeah Commercial Breeding is measured in pretty simple ways. Doesn't need airy-fairy hyperbole, though like i mentioned i knew that's what you would say - it's the default response i come to expect

Back on track to RKS....................

Last edited:
In my book he is just one in a long line. Every link in the chain played its part.

The hated Sam also played a huge part. I mean, he did pass N the seeds that make up "haze".

I think part of my view is because I smoked GREAT weed before Neville sold anything.

I am not one to think the most sales equals the best product. That is more marketing. Which is what I think N was a genius at.

Last edited:
I am not one to think the most sales equals the best product. That is more marketing. Which is what I think N was a genius at.

Who mentioned sales? Crossings past and present from Commercial breeders and Hobby breeders alike. You can't dispute real world results unfortunately. If you as a breeder achieve 85% of the industry you work in using your crossing i would say that's something to be proud off

If you want to credit the goatherder in Kandahar or two stars crashing together, be my guest. I have nothing more to add.

Last edited:
LOL.

Yes. The goat herder in Kandahar IS just as much a part of the picture as N. Thank you for pointing that out.

Being demeaning about cultures that aren't your own is, unfortunately, human nature.

LOL.

Yes. The goat herder in Kandahar IS just as much a part of the picture as N. Thank you for pointing that out.

Being demeaning about cultures that aren't your own is, unfortunately, human nature.

All cultures are my own. For a polyhybrid like myself, Who do i credit? two stars? Divine intervention? Gravity? Two unknown monkeys? I get your point - Like i said i have nothing more to add
attachment.php

Attachments

• 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 116
I just may be able to help you reach that goal. I have been smoking weed for 47 years now. It is not all about THC. I have 4 strains of weed that I doubt you can finish a whole joint of. All are old school landraces:

1) Kerala ganja. The real old school sativa Kerala. To date the most potent weed I have ever smoked. You will get brain freeze and lock up before you get half way though the joint. I got this stuff once in 1975 and people were banging on my door asking if I had any more for MONTHS after I ran out.
2) African Black Magic. There is zero chance of your being able to polish off a whole joint of this stuff. No chance. Last I smoked this stuff, I took two hits and passed out. This is one hit weed. Its also rare as all fuck. I got the beans of this from a breeder south of Big Sur in 1980.
3) Malawi gold. Another African favorite. You will be tripping so hard by the time you are 3/4 the way through you will forget that you were smoking a joint. This stuff came with a warning on the label: not for inexperienced users.
4) Punta Roja from 1978 (also known as Lowland Colombian red, the gooood lowland red). This stuff always put me under the table back in the day. It still does now. Maybe its high in CBN, or some unknown cannabinoid or terpinoid. Your eyes will grow red, and likely you will be under the table before you can finish the joint. I think you have the best chance with this stuff. I would love to see you try.

well i have 3 CBG punto rojo seedlings going, maybe ill find something nice there.
I have known two people that have smoked black african.
I could probably get my hands on a malawi haze hybrid if i wanted...
and the kerala is probably in the widow. i havent gotten in to the white lines yet but i have two packs of shark shock to go through sometime soon.

but again, id really like to smoke something that i couldnt take more than a few hits. i can take a few hits of hash, and no weed will match that.
i do agree that there could be other chemicals in play that make for a real quality smoke.

I would like to note that N also said the initial NLxHaze pairings caused people to shit their pants. In other words, the strongest.

While I love and covet a LOT of what N handled, I don't give him any more credit than many others whose hands also touched the ancestors of what we grow.

He had the guts, the means, and the determination.

I personally don't think that made him the best grower or breeder.

I know, "heretic!"

G `day PMB

The C5 , A5 , AG13 , HPHz and Nevil`s Hz cut are out there these days .
They have been shared by the people who kept them 30 years .

I smoked AG13 , C5 and Nevil`s Haze no problem with incontinence or my bowels releasing . Still to hear a report re any causing spontaneous release of involuntary muscle systems from any of the old Haze hybrids .

He also said he bred Sativas as strong as acid and Indicas like heroin ...

I think Nevil liked to exaggerate some what .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited:
Hahaha, that's made me laugh.. yet to hear a report, lol.... I imagine he rolled a joint first thing, needed a shit after a toke and laughed to himself...

well i have 3 CBG punto rojo seedlings going, maybe ill find something nice there.

Punto Rojo is different than Punta Roja. Punto Rojo is red point, or red hair weed and is more rushy, trippy and speedy. Rather short lived high to it as well. That was grown in central west Colombia. Might give you brain freeze if you smoke a whole joint of that. Punta Roja was northern grown lowland Colombian Red. Similar to (if not the same as) Panama Red. Far more of a stone to this weed, a whole joint of that will knock you down and kick you in the head. Panama Red seeds are still around.

As The New Riders of The Purple Sage put it:

Panama Red, Panama Red
He'll steal your woman, then he'll rob your head
Panama Red, Panama Red

On his white horse, mescalito
He come breezin' through town
I'll bet your woman's up in bed with old
Panama Red

The judges don't know when Red's in town
He keeps well hidden underground
Everybody's acting lazy
Falling out and hangin' 'round

My woman said, "Hey Pedro
You're actin' crazy like a clown"
Nobody feels like working
Panama Red is back in town

Panama Red, Panama Red
He'll steal your woman, then he'll rob your head
Panama Red, Panama Red

Everybody's looking out for him
'Cause they know Red satisfies
Little girls love to listen to him
Sing and tell sweet lies (oh Panama)

Was hoping for more as I went through the thread. Many mentions, quotes, and tangents. Not many explorations of the leads and clues. Until actual seeds start getting popped on a larger scale hunt, RKS is unlikely to reappear as no one wants to donate money and space towards a potential dud. I have yet to see a solid indica phenotype yield the terps that have similarities. I have seen hybrid sativas that get close, and it gives me hope that just as selection took us away it can also bring us back. I can only speak of the RKS I knew because I grew it; I will confirm the smell was present in many different buds I smoked (dense and sparse). Would be a shame to never see RKS resurrected, the one I grew was a gem in a fools hands at the time.

Hi StoneyPufnstuff,

What Leads and Clue were the most promising from your perspective and why?

as for me, might be that afghani might be responsible for that RKS stench.

as i said earlier in the thread, Devil has real testimonies on this website that speaks for themselves.

thanks for sharing ( i copy elmer ) lolol

If you list NF as any sort of resource or authortiy, i suggest reading the history of Skunk 1. Nobody is pulling actual skunk terps out of skunk #1. Afghanis have always been where "skunk bud" is from. Pretty well known, and they didnt hit the scene till late-mid 70's. Mostly 78.

Hey Elmer bud! LTNS hop you're doing rad!

Where did you get this from matthew ? it's actually what i have seen mostly from this thread, is that afghani seems to have something to do with the famous pungent smell of RKS. what do you guys think ?

Last edited:
Hey imsupernice,
I do not dismiss the phenotypical varieties in which RKS could exist, but am biased by my own personal account of what I grew. These are a few of the leads and clues I have seen which imo have not been pursued. I fully understand this is likely a result of cost inputs to potential loss ratio. The following takes into account plants which have similarity to what I witnessed and also plants whose descriptions give rise to a plausibility in my mind.

The Devil reports seem like a great trail that has gone cold. While it did not fit my phenotypic memory, more than a few reports include the appearance of the RKS.

I have heard the strain from another company called Silver Haze had the RKS. This was told to me by someone with first hand experience of Holland’s Cannabis scene in it’s fledgling years now past. From what I read, this strainÂ’s pedigree most closely fits the expression which I described; if the parents were maintained I would think there is a chance in there.

Nevil, declares my description as AfghaniT archetype. I have yet to see any trace or report of RKS in a descendant line sadly.

Shanti’s New Skunk was released with information regarding the potential of RKS in the seed. There was even a report by a member here claiming the RKS was confirmed from such seed.

Jordan of the Islands claims the NL x Skunk has the right stuff. The description is compelling and intriguing in subtlety.

I grew a Brazilian sativa hybrid from an accomplice which had RKS in bloom but not in dry stage.

David Duke seems to have laid claim to recreating the RKS. I would like to verify this strain one day for myself, or at least have a close friend do so. Not only does he claim to have a line but has hybrid lines without an emphasis of RKS emergence. The scarce availability and lack of convincing reports have me skeptical but hopeful

The diesel clone seems to be the closest living cultivar of relation. This based on growth pattern, length of flower, and pungency albeit with its own distinct difference to RKS.

Some of the chem clones have a certain proximity to being in the family.

I would like to note that N also said the initial NLxHaze pairings caused people to shit their pants. In other words, the strongest.

While I love and covet a LOT of what N handled, I don't give him any more credit than many others whose hands also touched the ancestors of what we grow.

He had the guts, the means, and the determination.

I personally don't think that made him the best grower or breeder.

I know, "heretic!"

In reality, NL5/Hz, isn't the only strain that can affect some people in that way.

Ive got a buddy that every time he smokes really potent weed ( And hes been smoking since 1970 ) it drives his blood sugar level ( Hypoglycemia ) into the ground, and causes him all kinds of gastro distress, along with him basically turning green, dizzy,often sick, and having to lay on the floor for 2-3 hours.
Ive had people swear I put PCP in NL5/Hz x Skelly HP/Sk1 I had in the early/mid 90s. Feds got 1000 clones in 97, and I did from 1997-2009 under the thumb of the feds.
So don't discount the fact that for some people, really really potent weed, CAN cause things to happen.

In reality, NL5/Hz, isn't the only strain that can affect some people in that way.

Ive got a buddy that every time he smokes really potent weed ( And hes been smoking since 1970 ) it drives his blood sugar level ( Hypoglycemia ) into the ground, and causes him all kinds of gastro distress, along with him basically turning green, dizzy,often sick, and having to lay on the floor for 2-3 hours.
Ive had people swear I put PCP in NL5/Hz x Skelly HP/Sk1 I had in the early/mid 90s. Feds got 1000 clones in 97, and I did from 1997-2009 under the thumb of the feds.
So don't discount the fact that for some people, really really potent weed, CAN cause things to happen.

Your friend is probably diabetic. Or quasi-diabetic. Most people just get the munchies. The effect of too much THC is more typically to drive your blood pressure through the floor. That is what causes you to lay low for a few hours. You lose blood tone. You can hear and see things, but you cannot move much or walk. Its weird. The ARMY tested a high THC dispersal gas to affect the enemy on a battlefield and disable them with THC. The program was a failure and it was never deployed. But... The Solution Is: smoke some high CBD hemp weed. That will bring you off of any high THC stone that is too strong. Brain freeze, couch lock, etc. It will make you feel weird as fuk for about a half hour, but that passes. Then you can function again. Works for me anyway.

True story:
A friend stopped by my brother's and my place in the late 70s. He whips out a quarter oz of some tops and says its supposed to be real shit. So he rolls a joint and we smoke it. And WHAM! Psychedelic trippy weed. I had to stick my head out the window because I was rushing so hard. It really was good shit. So our friend starts to go ballistic on us, and accuses us of putting LSD in the joint. I pointed out that he brought the weed, and he rolled the joint, and we smoked it. And that I was rushing like mad. So he throws the bag at us and says that he wants nothing to do with it, and leaves ranting. So my brother and I look at each other, we sit down and we rolled another joint. I mean, why not? Dunno what it was. Colombian Black maybe? What was called Wacky Weed? It was not treated with LSD. Or mescaline. Or PCP. Or mixed with shrooms. I had done all those combos before.

Now shrooms in joints... was at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz one night. Seeing a local band there like Snail I think. Anyway I ran into a friend from Gilroy and he pulls out a joint and we smoke it while playing pinball. Then it was INSTANT colors. Wow, colors and more colors. That was a great high. Still memorable to this day. Only real time I was burned on weed was when I ~briefly~ hung out with a bunch of bikers in the South SF Bay area circa 1975. They had put some PCP in a joint of dirt weed that we smoked. That was the best high... I wanted that weed. So they sold me a lid for $20. As it turned out, it was dirt weed, complete with dirt. One of the only (if not the only) bags of weed I ever threw away. It was headache stuff. I was played for a sucker. Which was typical of the bikers. But that PCP high was really fucking good. Also memorable. LSD always gave me the creeps and made my skin crawl. So I avoided it. I was always the designated driver when my friends tripped on the beach in Big Sur. Peyote made me puke too much, as did eating shrooms. But not smoking shrooms! That was a great high. As was the PCP. For me anyway. I do not recommend that anyone should try this at home. No no no no. Fortunately I avoided the law most of the time and I avoided any time in the joint. I did get a suspended sentence once though.

Last edited:
Back