What is the best way to increase humidity??

Buy a humidifier and put it on a timer...adjust it to turn off when the room reaches the desired humidity level (60) and on when it gets too low (40)...jay:)
 
Last edited:
A cheap but recommenced way is to hang whit cotton sheets around the grow room, with the bottoms of the sheet hanging into a tub of water, the wick effect drags the water up the sheet, and oscillating fans blow onto the sheets and raise the humidity of the growspace, or evaporative chillers are good.
But Ideally a good humidifier wit a humidistat is best.
peace
BL

ps humidity is one of the most talked about factors in indoor growing, and almost nobody agrees. I suggest you study what commercial greenhouse growers do in regards to setting your humidity. I know the answer but will keep it to myself as I wish not to end up in the online debate of PERFECT humidity.:rolleyes:
 
Buy a humidifier and put it on a timer...adjust it to turn off when the room reaches the desired humidity level (60) and on when it gets too low (40)...jay:)

I have a humidifier that comes on when the himidity drops below whatever i set it too. Be aware tho that if you have chalky water it will spread white powder around. Mine has a filter and still does it. Its not everywhere, but it turns up in odd places, especially black electrical goods. Having said that i have found it extreamly useful in temperature control.

http://parenting.ivillage.com/tp/tphealth/0,,3qjc,00.html
 
if its a small room i've gotten away with just putting a 32oz cup of water in the tent everyday and evaporates within 24hr...cheap solution if the room is may 1mx1mx1m. max
 
I have a humidifier that comes on when the himidity drops below whatever i set it too. Be aware tho that if you have chalky water it will spread white powder around. Mine has a filter and still does it. Its not everywhere, but it turns up in odd places, especially black electrical goods. Having said that i have found it extreamly useful in temperature control.

http://parenting.ivillage.com/tp/tphealth/0,,3qjc,00.html

Greens - use an RO filter to purify your hard water - for your humidifier AND your plants - cos that stuff won't do them any good at all...

GS

[ow]
 
Lol yeah. i looked at some of the prices, i think i rather have the white powder :D

Get down a fish shop and buy a Kent 'Bare Bones' for £40 to £80 - It will pay for itself in bud multiple times over in the first crop. It really is a no-brainer. Don't skimp on the proper equipment - make no mistake, it's a VITAL piece of kit.
That white powder is calcium carbonate (and other minerals) that AREN'T part of your nute regime...;)

I won't go on - spend your money how you want, obviously - but as I said, you'll make it back within a crop (within a plant, in fact...)

Good Luck

GS
 
You think that £60 one? more outlay :(

I know bad things can happen if you smoke chalk dust so i spose i got no choice

Cheers for the answer aswell grover
 
Last edited:
Sorry greens, not trying to tell you to spend more money, or any money for that fact:rolleyes:.
just a good link that Hopefully someone in time will benifit from.
Maybe Groover will come and shoot me down in flames.
Peace
BL
 
Dont misunderstand me, i appreciate the link. Im looking and thinking and planning :) They rely on water pressure which might be a problem but tbh i ought to really get one just for my drinking water cause its terrible here. Funny thing is, if you dont count the light and humidifier my whole set up probably cost about £40.
 
I know it might sound like I am trying to get you to spend even more money, but that website sell booster pumps for the units too! (as-well as pre-made units with pumps) so in theory if you have no mains water near your grow-space; you can, use a hose to fill a barrel, and still use the RO unit to clean the water that comes out of the barrel via pump:)
Hope this makes sense, feel a bit strange; doctor just gave me some tablets for me back, and wooooooo!!!!!
peace
BL
 
You Can Get Away With Just A Timer

Hi Billy L:)With This Winters Record Low Temperatures I Attached My Extraction Fan To A Timer To Maintain Survivable Temperatures I Have The Fans On For Only 45 Minutes Out Of The Hour
I Initially Planned On 15 Minute On , And 15 Minutes Off , But Realised This Would Reduce My Intake Of Fresh Air By 50%
This Would Defineatly Encourage Fungal Infections So I Reconsidered And It Now Runs @ 15 On , 15 Off And 30 Minutes On , Which Makes For 75%
This Raises The Humidity Quite A Bit , But Only Applies To The Cold Environment In Which I Am Faced With.
Cheap Humidifiers Are A Dime A Dozen , As Are Dehumidifiers
Whilst At The Cannabis College I Noticed A Nebulisor Type Fogger/Humidifier Which I Had Seen Advertised For £200.00 + In A Catalogue . I Thought It Was Incredibly Expensive For What Looked Like A Spruced Up Auto Paint Spray Gun
But Looking At The Plants ( Pot Of Gold And The Pure ) I Changed My Attitude Towards It And Wished I Had One
I Have Always Grown Trying To Keep My RH To About 50% Or Below .
Once , Doing A Attic Grow , With Limited Extraction And A Hot Summer Beating Down On The Slate Roof Did The Exact Opposite Of What I Do Now With Boiling Water In 6 Pint Milk Containers ( Lid On Of Course ) Positioned Below My Intake Duct ; I Used To Have Six Such Containers And Would Have Three In The Freezer While The Other Three Would Be In The Hot Attic , With Lids Off And A Oscillating Fan Helping Not Only Cool , But Also Raise Humidity .
It Did The Trick For My Situation:)

JKP:)
 
love the ideas jkp,
glad they work well for you:D
i find climate quite diff to control in fresh air grows, diff to keep up substantial air flow while keeping ontop of other factors, I like to go overboard on the sizes of extract/intake fans, and youse a good fanspeed controlleer (something like the primair) or i have some good homemade ones. this gives a bit of room to play with methods to control factors such as temps/humids etc. then comes a massive air change when temps get too high. not perfect but better than having factors that are constantly way out..
of coures the best way to raise humidity is grow bigger (or more) plants. the amount of transpiring plant will create humidity in the space, therefore getting you to a humidity that the plant is comfortable with, lessening the stress within the plant, letting the plants energy going to create the fuits (buds)
these painkillers are shit but the muscle relaxants are doing the trick:(
Peace
BL
 
"Whilst At The Cannabis College I Noticed A Nebulisor Type Fogger/Humidifier Which I Had Seen Advertised For £200.00 + In A Catalogue . I Thought It Was Incredibly Expensive"

It was. Go look in argos you get something that will maintain humidity to whatever you like for about £50. Ill show you a pic of what i got when i can get to the camera.
 
:)

Okay, I did try and hold my tongue... I seem to be a bit impolite sometimes...

Relative Humidity is sacrosanct and cannot be ignored, much like light intensity cannot be ignored.
If you are prepared to go to ANY LENGTHS AT ALL this is a length you should tread:

I use 'Honeywell - HH200E' - I have bought FIVE...one broke...using two...two scaled up... £50each

the problem with these things is they leak when they're scaled. Also they break easy...

Another problem is the sheer amount of water involved...

each one has 5 litres inside its egg...you could end up using 10 litres of r.o. or more a day on these things.
I dont use r.o. inside them.... seems like a waste of energy and a crime to use such high qual water... r.o. is a valuable resource that I run out of at the best of times...

then again...I hate scale...

peace

cb - funnily enough, I think this is what you are on about Greens - got em in argos for 50quid! they're pretty good, but buy one per 600watt... I reckon anyway...
 
Last edited:
I think you can get quite ill smoking large amount of that dust tho. A lung problem similar to silicosis. Its not such a big deal to turn it off once your bud building anyway.
 
:)

At the end of the day Greens (eat it, you know you love it!)...

use the waste water from your ro filter...you should have loads...no white powder situation:D

piss

no no

peace

cb
 
Back
Top