What is really what?? MNS “children”

The internet does say that, but the puday plant is Thai and the skunk from the dead show wasn’t super skunk and it wasn’t dukes and that cross is giesel and nothing like sour. I think the NL/Hawaiian thing is really hard to believe too.

The Cuban black haze came from Marty’s trip to the castle in 89 though. He bought everything nev would sell and just kept asking , “what else do you have”

But puday is definitely a landrace, and the guy who made the seed that sour came from says that the “Amherst skunk” was something skunky, but not skunk1 or super skunk. The folks who made the seeds caught a case right before the history was solidified on the internet and are not about the fame.

It’s been my experience that every story on the internet that isn’t written in the first person about the history of strains has a lot of made up stuff, and that most of the first person ones do too of course.

I would also say that a majority of strains were created by someone working landrace genetics a bit, then someone getting a worked female unknown and using a male from the seedbank, or old sensi seeds, or Mr nice. One real breeder makes dozens of famous breeders and combining the work of two of them tends to win cups etc.

...It’s been my experience that every story on the internet that isn’t written in the first person about the history of strains has a lot of made up stuff, and that most of the first person ones do too of course.

I would also say that a majority of strains were created by someone working landrace genetics a bit, then someone getting a worked female unknown and using a male from the seedbank, or old sensi seeds, or Mr nice. One real breeder makes dozens of famous breeders and combining the work of two of them tends to win cups etc.
True that!

The internet does say that, but the puday plant is Thai and the skunk from the dead show wasn’t super skunk and it wasn’t dukes and that cross is giesel and nothing like sour. I think the NL/Hawaiian thing is really hard to believe too.

exceptions confirm the rule ;)

The Cuban black haze came from Marty’s trip to the castle in 89 though. He bought everything nev would sell and just kept asking , “what else do you have”

yes

It’s been my experience that every story on the internet that isn’t written in the first person about the history of strains has a lot of made up stuff, and that most of the first person ones do too of course.

yeah. then again, this is just responding to a quote on the internet about quotes on the internet (or hippies whacked on acid at some concert) ;). you confirmed what was written more than once. OP asked what of the famous stuff out there is in MNS catalogue and the answer in brief was all of it and some more.

Follow up question to the original post:

What strains have the frostiest phenos? Some of these new strains have some incredible resin production. Would it be possible to breed your own super extra ultra frosty strain from crossing some frosty MNS phenos or would it more so be a matter of finding that one rare almost like gene mutation pheno that pumps out insane amounts of resin / high THC and then breed it with itself and another frosty pheno or two, to really get the frost going?? I’ve seen some insane dispensary stuff a friend had and it almost doesn’t look real the amount of frost…

I grew a widow over 20 years ago that was just as frosty as any of the new school I've grown.

It was creeper with a great high that didn't weigh you down.

looks aren't everything though. After a few rounds the widow was going to be culled. I had AK47 growing next to it, back when she was a 30%thc champion taking home all the cannabis cups.

The AK hit like an absolute hammer but still didn't have as much frost as the widow.

For some genealogical history I usually look on seedfinder and look at a strains supposed ancestors which many are in this sites catalog of beans . @TGTDE
Yes seed finder is very good, always I try check and compare other sources also to compare the information.

Thats why I always try keep very good notes for the projects and the back round of the strains or the seeds I get .

One real breeder makes dozens of famous breeders and combining the work of two of them tends to win cups etc.
That is epic Quote I love it so well said .

-SaveTheBrains

Last edited:
Thanks musashi. But this would then mean the strain description is wrong and should be corrected.

I think the confusion with mango haze comes as there was a initial blue print version which shanti baba later used as the idea and base to make the official mr nice version. The initial version was made when nevil was testing and putting together plants to take on the ssh name (before the birth of mr nice, the ghs days). It ended up being a decision between two different plants, one being based on and mothered by the nl#5hz(c5#1) and the other mothered by nl#5hz (c5#122) both had been crossed to the same skhz-c father. Most people picked the one using the c5#1 as the better so that went on to become ssh, but shanti baba prefered the other that used the c5#122 and later went on to use the blue print of that build to make the mr nice mango haze. I think the indication that the mr nice official mango haze has skhz-A is just to hint at the difference. As I doubt very much the mango haze is 50% skhz-A. Mango haze is more like a good potent very haze-c leaning nevils haze with the 122 mango traits locked into it. The mr nice test version probably used a more haze-c leaning male whereas the official version must use a more nl#5hz type. Im sure there are pictures that float about on the site that show the mother to the mango haze seed, im sure the plant is a f1 nh x 122 (the 122 male clone) , not sure what the father used to make mh seed is.But if the old testing ghs days one was used as a blue print then im thinking the official mango haze must double up the 122 traits as that 122 phenotype is what mango haze is all about. Using 122 on both sides of the parentage would make the 122 dominant in nearly all phenotypes. To stay in line with how the mango haze comes out, like a good very haze-c leaning nevils haze with those mango traits the father to the seed is maybe the 122 clone x haze-c. I can see that working well as mango haze nh-122 x 122-hz'c. Using a straight skhz-a male crossed to the nh-122 mother plant wouldn't be a good idea for a mango strain as you would probably come out with a strain smelling of petrol or similar. If mango haze isnt nh-122 x 122-hz'c then maybe it should be a combination that shanti baba should really try out.

I think the confusion with mango haze comes as there was a initial blue print version which shanti baba later used as the idea and base to make the official mr nice version. The initial version was made when nevil was testing and putting together plants to take on the ssh name (before the birth of mr nice, the ghs days). It ended up being a decision between two different plants, one being based on and mothered by the nl#5hz(c5#1) and the other mothered by nl#5hz (c5#122) both had been crossed to the same skhz-c father. Most people picked the one using the c5#1 as the better so that went on to become ssh, but shanti baba prefered the other that used the c5#122 and later went on to use the blue print of that build to make the mr nice mango haze. I think the indication that the mr nice official mango haze has skhz-A is just to hint at the difference. As I doubt very much the mango haze is 50% skhz-A. Mango haze is more like a good potent very haze-c leaning nevils haze with the 122 mango traits locked into it. The mr nice test version probably used a more haze-c leaning male whereas the official version must use a more nl#5hz type. Im sure there are pictures that float about on the site that show the mother to the mango haze seed, im sure the plant is a f1 nh x 122 (the 122 male clone) , not sure what the father used to make mh seed is.But if the old testing ghs days one was used as a blue print then im thinking the official mango haze must double up the 122 traits as that 122 phenotype is what mango haze is all about. Using 122 on both sides of the parentage would make the 122 dominant in nearly all phenotypes. To stay in line with how the mango haze comes out, like a good very haze-c leaning nevils haze with those mango traits the father to the seed is maybe the 122 clone x haze-c. I can see that working well as mango haze nh-122 x 122-hz'c. Using a straight skhz-a male crossed to the nh-122 mother plant wouldn't be a good idea for a mango strain as you would probably come out with a strain smelling of petrol or similar. If mango haze isnt nh-122 x 122-hz'c then maybe it should be a combination that shanti baba should really try out.
You sound like you been there during the making of mango Hz 😊.

-SaveTheBrains

I bet that there are a few members who’d buy this and test it if shanti ever blessed us so, and I bet it would sell for a thousand dollars at auction to the folks who pretend Mr nice isn’t the best lol

It's not C5#122 x skhzA? You believe the mother is actually a nevils haze f1 female x nl5hzC122 male? Is it possible Scott found a very transparent skhzA male and that's why the C shines through?

Is there no C5#122 female? I thought that was the clone dubbed "Mango" and was found in the same field as the C5#1?

You have more experience than me. I'm just a dumdum trying to get my head straight. My apologies.

--skubee

It's not C5#122 x skhzA? You believe the mother is actually a nevils haze f1 female x nl5hzC122 male? Is it possible Scott found a very transparent skhzA male and that's why the C shines through?

Is there no C5#122 female? I thought that was the clone dubbed "Mango" and was found in the same field as the C5#1?

You have more experience than me. I'm just a dumdum trying to get my head straight. My apologies.

--skubee

Well if these line really got selected out of fields of 1000 seeds or more C5#1 and C5#122 wouldnt only have been from the same field, they wouldve been 'close neighbours'... ;)

I always thought that Shantibaba had the Haze A and C males. I guess Sensi gave him some nicks? ;) Got a quarter pound of weed the dealer called 'Jack Herer'. Never heard of it. AbsolutelythebestfuckingpotIeversmokedinmylife,barnone! One of us got the wrong sample :unsure:

Longball

Got a feeling it was me, didnt like the terps from the second i got it but was eager to try as it was allegedly something special...if you check (and i know you did) all those seed offers there are a shitload of JHs out there so many versions possible down to the personal pheno selection and harvest window...but in fact the NHz is NTFW so even with a good batch i think it would be hardly possible to change my mind on it just to be frank(incense). Also now i've got such a set of straws coming with the finest Hz offerings i'm glücklichwiediemadeimspeckwithoutjack ;)

Got a feeling it was me, didnt like the terps from the second i got it but was eager to try as it was allegedly something special...if you check (and i know you did) all those seed offers there are a shitload of JHs out there so many versions possible down to the personal pheno selection and harvest window...but in fact the NHz is NTFW so even with a good batch i think it would be hardly possible to change my mind on it just to be frank(incense). Also now i've got such a set of straws coming with the finest Hz offerings i'm glücklichwiediemadeimspeckwithoutjack ;)
Yo guys !
Here is my take .I belive @longball has a point maybe wasnt the right sample but the terp point you making is something to be considered. There is certain smells that dont fit to all.

Nevil posted his belief that the original Jack Herer was was the cup winning clone of Super Silver Haze with an unknown father. That would produce a prodigious amount of genetic variation not to mention all the copied, crossed, and inbred versions of Jack Herer out there could make most of them seem like completely different chemovars.

I've only tried Jack Herrer once myself. It had a pleasant diesel/sweet skunk aroma which carried over to the smoke. I could taste it 20 minutes after a single hit of greens.

I'm hoping to find some diesel/fuel leaning phenos of Super Silver Haze. I haven't the funds nor patience to hunt theough a dozen different "breeders" of Jack to find a decent representation. Much easier to get a standout pheno of SSH which fits my personal taste and needs.

I love the history though. 😄
Diesel840

Yes seed finder is very good, always I try check and compare other sources also to compare the information.
I've watched the "genealogy" for various strains change on most websites over the last 10 or so years.

Honestly, Shantibaba is the only person I believe when it comes to the genetics of their chemovars. I figure using Mr. Nice Genetics as half or more of the equation in my crosses should make it easier to know what I'm actually breeding/working with.

Back