The Haze Brothers ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cheesefucker
  • Start date Start date
Looking into spiritual matters, one often reads that Australia is where the next spiritual awakening will start. Could it be that the Grail Haze is the spark that sets the world on fire? Does humanities spiritual awakening depend on us? I've even heard it said that the rapid evolution of our galaxy is dependant on how we deal with upcoming events.
The burden of responsibility feels crushing sometimes.
I think I'll have another smoke.
N.

Sprinkle a little DMT on some of your haze and we shall be catapulted into spiritual hyperspace :eek:.

sp
 
Hi Nev,
Knowing all to well just how inspirational and nearly magical a finely grown MNS Mango Haze variety can be, I would have to say a finely bred Haze specimen which was mass marketed enough to the point it saturated the streets could easily change the world.

pinky_brain.jpg

Perhaps the Industrial Haze does have a use after all.


Enlightenment in a bag.
 
I past on sativa seeds to the haze brothers now prove i did not do this you cant can you and this is why all this is such a crock of shit.

One sunny after noon i was riding my bike heading down the beach to go fishing pulled up set my rods out and started to smoke a joint when i hear this voice an American voice say ha man what are you smoking i sed some good sativa you want some yes replies was yes.

We sat down shared the joint and he told me of this far away place called California and how he had come over with a few friends to surf ow waves and party explore this land.

Not long after we smoked this joint this American was off his tree first sign of this was the classic lips sticking to his teeth i sed ha need a drink he nodes and i past him the esky were i had drinks and supplies.

He stat quiet for a while as we looked out to sea and watching my rods nothing was biting so i just perved on the wemen that walked past us and took in the vue great afternoon.

Finally this American guy says what was that shit i sed just good old Aussie sativas mate why ? He sed it has blown my mind i need to get hold of some of the seeds to take back to cali with me the high is like a dream a hazey experience that i need to take home grow and shear it with my friends thort yea no probs mate heres take the bag smoke the rest and use the seed thats in the bag.

Hours later just after dark i sed i think i will go nothing biting see you around mate the Americana sed thanks man i sed for what ? For the amazing smoke and sed i turned sed no problem mate lots of that and better here injoy waved as i rode off and never saw him agine.

Thats the real story behind HAZE PROVE its not you cant can you lol.

Make sure you spell my name correctly big when you write your article and the rest of you make sure you tell that American surfer if you ever work out who he i want royalty's lol.

Hempy,

Dude, that was me!!! I’m the American surfer dude that you smoked out and gifted with seeds. That smoke was so unforgettable that I remember our encounter like it was yesterday.

You sure were pervin’ on the women alright. When that gorgeous blonde slapped you for what she called “excessive drooling” I laughed so hard I thought I was going to suffocate. Remember that?

Anyway, I am here to verify the accuracy of your account, as well as share THE REST OF THE STORY:

When I returned to my home in Santa Cruz, California I found that the neighborhood had changed while I was off touring the world doing my hippie trail/surfing safari thing. Old Mrs. Hayes across the street had passed away, and there were a couple of guys living in her house.

These guys were brothers with an unusual backstory. They moved in after inheriting the place from their aunt Helen. There were rumors in the neighborhood that the old gal was politically connected, but no one really knew for sure how or to whom, etc. It turns out that these guys were the direct descendants (great-grandsons) of Rutherford B. Hayes, the nineteenth president of the United States of America (who allowed his teetotaling wife to ban alcohol from the White House during his term in office, FWIW).

The older brother was even named Rutherford B. Hayes IV, but preferred to go by his nickname, “Woody.” Isaac was his younger brother. These guys were indeed blood kin, but upon first meeting them you would have never guessed they were brothers. The difference was like night and day. And I’m not just talking about their appearance, but their personalities as well. Isaac Hayes was liked by everyone that met him; the guy was as cool as snowfall on Christmas Eve. Conversely, Woody Hayes was abrasive and even prone to throwing punches around when he was “off his meds.”

Anyway, old Mrs. Hayes had a greenhouse in her backyard where she grew orchids. At my suggestion the Hayes brothers converted it to grow other things. I had stuff going on in my life at the time and I knew that I wouldn’t likely be planting the seeds that I received from Hempy any time soon, so I passed them on to the Hayes brothers. I ended up moving to a commune in southern Oregon, but heard through the grapevine that they did manage to open-pollinate a crop from those seeds.

As for whether or not they ever referred to themselves as the Hayes brothers, I do know for a fact that Isaac Hayes considered himself to be a Brother, but I don’t think that Woody Hayes ever did.

I can attest that the above statements are TRUE FACTS; from here on out, however, things get a little hazy and I can only pass on what the legal folks refer to as “hearsay.” Isaac Hayes moved to LA to try and break into the music business, but I heard that he ended up getting the shaft. I don’t know the details but it seems a shame, because he was such a nice guy. Woody moved to the Midwest and got a job at a major University, but his anger management issues got him into some kind of trouble that he was never able to live down. Karma, baby.

So how did those seeds find their way to Holland? Well, I can’t say for sure, but there was this guy that lived next door to the Hayes brothers that everyone called “Dave the Tuna.” He got the nickname because there was always something fishy about the guy. Not the most trustworthy person you ever met, that’s for sure. Word out on the street was that the Hayes brothers gifted Dave those seeds on the condition that he freely share the genetics with anyone and everyone that wanted them. Dave the Tuna promptly disappeared, and I heard that he later turned up in Amsterdam selling genetics that he claimed were developed in the good ole U. S. of A.

Hempy: As for your royalties, you’re going to have track down Dave before you can begin to collect anything. Sorry.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
 
Looking back Hempy, do you remember the type of seeds you gave away? I mean you stated it was some good Aussie sativa, but now many years later you may have a better understanding of what that sativa might have been. Was it Thai or Columbian or....?? I'm just curious.
 
Very interesting read.
I'm interested to hear from hempy about organicbiss question about the type of sativa/ make up of,
which seems to have taken the world by storm,
possible MM? i hear amazing things about that strain but I'm not very familiar with Aussie strains
Better get reading.........

C.H
 
Last edited:
"Hempy,

Dude, that was me!!! I’m the American surfer dude that you smoked out and gifted with seeds. That smoke was so unforgettable that I remember our encounter like it was yesterday.

You sure were pervin’ on the women alright. When that gorgeous blonde slapped you for what she called “excessive drooling” I laughed so hard I thought I was going to suffocate. Remember that?

Anyway, I am here to verify the accuracy of your account, as well as share THE REST OF THE STORY:

When I returned to my home in Santa Cruz, California I found that the neighborhood had changed while I was off touring the world doing my hippie trail/surfing safari thing. Old Mrs. Hayes across the street had passed away, and there were a couple of guys living in her house.

These guys were brothers with an unusual backstory. They moved in after inheriting the place from their aunt Helen. There were rumors in the neighborhood that the old gal was politically connected, but no one really knew for sure how or to whom, etc. It turns out that these guys were the direct descendants (great-grandsons) of Rutherford B. Hayes, the nineteenth president of the United States of America (who allowed his teetotaling wife to ban alcohol from the White House during his term in office, FWIW).

The older brother was even named Rutherford B. Hayes IV, but preferred to go by his nickname, “Woody.” Isaac was his younger brother. These guys were indeed blood kin, but upon first meeting them you would have never guessed they were brothers. The difference was like night and day. And I’m not just talking about their appearance, but their personalities as well. Isaac Hayes was liked by everyone that met him; the guy was as cool as snowfall on Christmas Eve. Conversely, Woody Hayes was abrasive and even prone to throwing punches around when he was “off his meds.”

Anyway, old Mrs. Hayes had a greenhouse in her backyard where she grew orchids. At my suggestion the Hayes brothers converted it to grow other things. I had stuff going on in my life at the time and I knew that I wouldn’t likely be planting the seeds that I received from Hempy any time soon, so I passed them on to the Hayes brothers. I ended up moving to a commune in southern Oregon, but heard through the grapevine that they did manage to open-pollinate a crop from those seeds.

As for whether or not they ever referred to themselves as the Hayes brothers, I do know for a fact that Isaac Hayes considered himself to be a Brother, but I don’t think that Woody Hayes ever did.

I can attest that the above statements are TRUE FACTS; from here on out, however, things get a little hazy and I can only pass on what the legal folks refer to as “hearsay.” Isaac Hayes moved to LA to try and break into the music business, but I heard that he ended up getting the shaft. I don’t know the details but it seems a shame, because he was such a nice guy. Woody moved to the Midwest and got a job at a major University, but his anger management issues got him into some kind of trouble that he was never able to live down. Karma, baby.

So how did those seeds find their way to Holland? Well, I can’t say for sure, but there was this guy that lived next door to the Hayes brothers that everyone called “Dave the Tuna.” He got the nickname because there was always something fishy about the guy. Not the most trustworthy person you ever met, that’s for sure. Word out on the street was that the Hayes brothers gifted Dave those seeds on the condition that he freely share the genetics with anyone and everyone that wanted them. Dave the Tuna promptly disappeared, and I heard that he later turned up in Amsterdam selling genetics that he claimed were developed in the good ole U. S. of A.

Hempy: As for your royalties, you’re going to have track down Dave before you can begin to collect anything. Sorry.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. "

Mind=BLOWN!
 
Good post, bigherb.

So...where does that put us?

Does this mean that the heritage of Haze is completely unknown?

Let's suppose that, since this very early example of Haze was purple, that the mother of modern Haze was purple. Maybe even the same Zacatecas purple that made it to Big Sur about the same time. So when some self seeded ZP comes through Cali, 2 growers are smart enough to knock up their fems with it, perhaps a Thia or Columbian male is used. Then MAYBE, these very first Haze seeds made by a grower in Santa Cruz was simply an attempt to preserve this rare ZP since they knew that coming across them again was highly improbable. Since the ZP is long but extinct we don't have the reference needed to debate the heritage of Haze fully informed. Maybe the old school Purple Kush was a ZP cross as well.

Lotta maybe's.

I want to add some insight and share my experience with BSHW. A buddy of mine was given 1 seed of BSHW. He grew a 14 foot monster out of it and it bore only about 8 seeds. I trimmed and manicured 2 lbs of it myself and found only 2 seeds, 1 of which turned up in the 2 oz he gave me for helping.

So, if the very low instance of self pollination is a trait of the ZP, you could use that fact to trace where it might have been used in the gene pool. This would also explain the rareness which = likeliness that someone bred with it. My buddy only got 1 seed and it just happened to be female?.....but then it self pollinated which puts me in the same shoes as someone else was years ago. "I got 2 oz of this really good shit and it had 1 seed in it." We all know what you do with that seed! "I hope it's a female" LOL!

She's the biggest seed I have ever seen:

attachment.php

I'm growing some Big Sur Holyweed x Highland Purple Thai right now... If that is the case about the ZP being crossed to a thai or columbian then perhaps this may be an interesting strain.
 
Alright, some first hand info from Snowhigh on the Big Sur Holyweed that Cannatari was referring to. If I fuck it up a little bit my appy-logies =)

Holyweed was a mexican sativa around as early as the 50'6 or early 60's. There was a monk named Perry that crossed the strain Holy Weed with a strain called Big Sur. I'm pretty sure it was Big Sur that had a quick flowering afghani in it as well as possibly a durban or brazillian descent.

The Big Sur Holy Weed that is currently grown by Snowhigh has shown some Oaxacan Phenos, some Zacatecas Purple Phenos, and a mexican x indica type pheno.

The Zacatecas Purple isn't to be confused with the picture that was shown of the Zihuantenejo Purple which is from a more coastal area and a completely different region.

This info was given to me by Snowhigh, so I make no claims to having any knowledge as thorough as this about the strain. He's a frickin encyclopedia and needs to write a book for us sativa nerds!
 
I'm growing some Big Sur Holyweed x Highland Purple Thai right now... If that is the case about the ZP being crossed to a thai or columbian then perhaps this may be an interesting strain.

I have a strain of Big Sur that I crossed with haze many years ago. I traded haze seed, for the seeds from an actual grower down in Big Sur, near the heart, Where did your Big Sur come from? and what are the characteristics?

Mine was a very light shade of lime green, with fairly sativa leaves, and, gooey with crystals. It was some of the sweetest tasting bud I have ever smoked, like candy. I am not usually a big fan of candy bud, but then this stuff was different, I wouldn't have called it candy bud at all, as it was very stony.
 
Last edited:
Oh I just read the last post. Interesting, I guess what I had must have been a pure strain of big sur. The man I got it from had been growing it down there since the late 60s I don't know what its lineage was, but it had a pretty early budding cycle, for how sativa it appeared to be. It was just plain sweet. and a very light shade of green. Lime green.
 
Mine was a very light shade of lime green, with fairly sativa leaves, and, gooey with crystals. It was some of the sweetest tasting bud I have ever smoked, like candy. I am not usually a big fan of candy bud, but then this stuff was different, I wouldn't have called it candy bud at all, as it was very stony
Candy sweet crystalline sativas? You know, if you're gonna talk dirty, you'll eventually have to put out.
N.
 
I'm glad you like my theory, matthewriot.

I germed the BSHW seed during the solstice eclipse so I'll be contributing some more info on it in the near future. I'm going to self her and see what kind of pheno's I get. I figure if she's a big time herm, it'll be ok since it herms so early and won't make alot of seeds. This brings me to a question:

Let's suppose that a hybrid plant is herming. Is it possible for the timing of the production of staminate to be influenced by both parents? Suppose the plant produces staminate in week 3 because of it's indica influence and again in week 8 as inherited from the sativa parent. In such a case, will using pollen from the plant at different times influence the progeny?

It's a theory I would like to test with this line. I also theorize that the plant cannot pass on traits at all. Meaning, regardless of which of the progeny I breed with, the results will be the same. I hope to self 2 distinct pheno's and compare the progeny. I suspect that the progeny of each will not display any favoritism toward the traits of it's parent when compared to eachother. I theorize that this is the effect of a line that was masculinized at some point.. I'm looking to make S1's with 2 distinct phenos and hopefully find early and late staminate to compare 4 groups of pheno's. If I'm correct, the progeny should should not show any influence by the parent and show a higher incidence of sativa phenos with the later occurring pollination. I believe this line is a mix-pack of pheno's which is the line's dominate trait. I'm also thinking that since the true ZP comes from a purple seed that if the line is capable of reproducing it I won't even have to crack any beans to find it. The attachment is example of this trait, it's Black Haze F2's made by MJ for Burnee at SS.http://www.skunkskool.com/showthread.php/11657-Platinum-amp-Black-haze-grow-)?highlight=platinum

I have not been able to find much info on self-seeded males. It seems possible that S1's from a male can still produce males, females and possibly females that carry the Y chromosome. Please share your info or experience with selfed males if anybody has any.

You have to figure that at some point, somebody attempted to cultivate cannabis in an environment that was prone to hermaphrodites. Wouldn't the line eventually be promoted by the earliest self-pollinating males?

IMO, each time the line reproduces, the phenotypes become more distinct making it possible for the line to produce industrial hemp right next to potent marijuana, indicas right next to sativas, males right next to females.

Take a look at this chart. It represents the content of the progeny of an S1 seed who's parents are represented by white squares on each line:

attachment.php


I am proposing that an inbred line from a selfed male will always broadcast different phenotypes from the same fixed pool. Phenotypes in subsequent generations individualize and further express themselves away from each other over time.:eek:
 

Attachments

  • GEN4044.f3.gif
    GEN4044.f3.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 157
  • HPIM4996..jpg
    HPIM4996..jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 4
Heya cannatari -

I know it's a big coup here to even SPEAK about S1's, but I catch shit everytime I open my mouth so I assume it won't be anything different. Depending on your method for creating S1's it is possible to produce progeny that will toss out males every now and then. It's an extremely rare occurence but I've seen it over the years from people who produce feminized seed. Early on I thought that it musta been a case of cross pollination but I've also seen it in experiment I've done by isolating a female, reversing her to male, waiting till I see the balls form, stop applying STS (this is a formula I've tweaked and tweaked fro quite a while now) and letting the plant revert back to female and letting it pollinate itself. Out of 100 packs you're bound to find anywhere from 1-10 males. It sounds crazy, doesn't make sense to me geneticswise, but I'll be damned if it doesn't happen. One thing I've learned time after time is that you can't apply human genetic conditions to plants or they'll throw you a curveball everytime. I did a lot more work with STS and crosses early on, now I am using it only to create S1's of one specific plant. I no longer worry about trying to produce FEMALE seeds, per se, more I'm trying to make a line of a specific strain without any hybridization. Ive also Cubed, Bx'd lines to try to recreate a 94% pefect copy of a strain, but in all cases the S1 will win.

Now for reversing males... That's something I've never done or attempted to do.. I mean could it be possible for STS to reverse a male female? The STS tricks the plant into thinking it's at the last stage of its life so it starts throwing out balls (and the main difference here is that it's BALLS, not bananas). .. I've had 2 Backwards Hermaphrodites, which are plants that start out female and then suddenly for no given reason flip to male, not showing both sex traits at the same time. That;s the closest thing I've seen to what you're describing, however I've never read iup on reversing a male.

Really interesting Canna!
 
may i ask a couple more questions on oaxaca, mr. fxginben, with my main interest on the political climate in that area? have you had the opportunity to visit recently or do you have family or friends well connected to the area?

during the 70s, for three years in a row, i was fortunate to be able to visit oaxaca. a grand old hotel then sat on the outskirts of the city but i stayed in the city near the zocola (town center). but the route you described is the same as the one i followed. from oaxaca was another plane ride in one of those SLAT aircraft with 8 seats to an air field near pochutla which was no doubt my scariest plane trip ever. this air field was a mountain top and before we landed, soldiers had to chase the cows off of the field. we land amidst the cow pies at the edge of the mountain top but leaving was far worse as the plane literally drives off of the mountain and you felt the nose of the plane dip downward before having enough power to pull up. ended up seaside in another little village that begins with a p, name escapes me atm? there was a major earthquake this trip and many thousands in the area were killed. and back in oaxaca, there were bombings in the zocola and the military showed up. there was an urgency to get foreigners out of the city and this was my last trip. alas. over easter the flowers blossomed around the city and it was beautiful, but there were problems way back then and i wonder how easy and safe a visit is today? mexico is in big trouble trying to enforce laws of the usa but are you safe beyond the border? peace-biteme

sorry for delay in gettin back to you...

beach town that starts with a p coulda been puerto angel maybe??

political climate is not in anyway anything i care about, nor commenting on... i have no trust in mr politician nor his babylon isms and schisms...

my cousins in mexico city go there quite frequently, though the last time i was there was 2 years ago...but i sure do go there every night in my dreams...

and speakin of haze, well, i dont know if its haze, but i deffo got a sativa pheno of a Leda plant on week 9 of flowering that smells of pineapple and is still several weeks away from done....

love an respect:D
 
Back
Top