The Doors 2021/2022

Nice report :)
Also I like the way your pics are taken...

I need to find a way too :)
I have a hard time to get crispy photos on my fullframe camera :)

Nice report :)
Also I like the way your pics are taken...

I need to find a way too :)
I have a hard time to get crispy photos on my fullframe camera :)
Thank you @PtreeCi .
Actually I use my growtent to place the plants and take pictures. I remove all plants and hang a black cloth using clips. Then I place the plant to be photographed, dim the growlight and add another FL tube to illuminate from below. Camera is a nikon d850 that I borrow from a friend.
The pictures already look better than those in my NL5xAfghan thread because of the light from below. But I m still not fully satisfied, these buds are way frostier in reality than what they look like on the pics, and some got slight purple hues looking delicious.
Yesterday I watched a youtube video describing the basics of photography, all about ISO, aperture and shutter speed... I wished I had seen it before I took the pics. But there are still 3 to be harvested next weekend, then I ll give it another try 😁

Thank you @PtreeCi .
Actually I use my growtent to place the plants and take pictures. I remove all plants and hang a black cloth using clips. Then I place the plant to be photographed, dim the growlight and add another FL tube to illuminate from below. Camera is a nikon d850 that I borrow from a friend.
The pictures already look better than those in my NL5xAfghan thread because of the light from below. But I m still not fully satisfied, these buds are way frostier in reality than what they look like on the pics, and some got slight purple hues looking delicious.
Yesterday I watched a youtube video describing the basics of photography, all about ISO, aperture and shutter speed... I wished I had seen it before I took the pics. But there are still 3 to be harvested next weekend, then I ll give it another try 😁
I thought it is nikon, Iam using d750.. Imho you have nice lighting..

I need to work on it, I just cant seem to work around the clarity of picture, only eay is to shoot 5 pics and blend them in software.. but that is not it for me :)

I thought it is nikon,
Damn, how could you know πŸ‘

I just cant seem to work around the clarity of picture
I dont know if this can help, I am by no means an expert. Actually this was my second time using this camera. But what i learned from the video I watched is that

1. you should keep the ISO as low as possible. Higher ISO equals more noise.

2. the aperture controls depth of field with a higher value increasing the depth of field

3. the shutter speed controls motion blur, with a higher shutter speed increasing the motion blur. So a slow shutter speed is good for still objects like plants and fast shutter speed is used for moving objects like pets or during sports events

Damn, how could you know πŸ‘

I dont know if this can help, I am by no means an expert. Actually this was my second time using this camera. But what i learned from the video I watched is that

1. you should keep the ISO as low as possible. Higher ISO equals more noise.

2. the aperture controls depth of field with a higher value increasing the depth of field

3. the shutter speed controls motion blur, with a higher shutter speed increasing the motion blur. So a slow shutter speed is good for still objects like plants and fast shutter speed is used for moving objects like pets or during sports events

Yep, that is just about right..

Iam keeping ISO on 100, time around 100, but I need to up F
Just cannot find the best angle to shoot whole bud..

Will have to find some work around :)

I wish I had a full frame if not for better light capture. I know I can take better pics using backgrounds, just too lazy/busy to set it up. I just grab the camera and shoot most of the time. I believe primary lenses- macro lenses increase clarity. The AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED is the s*t. A ring flash and tripod are real helpful too.

πŸ€™mu

Yep, that is just about right..

Iam keeping ISO on 100, time around 100, but I need to up F
Just cannot find the best angle to shoot whole bud..

Will have to find some work around :)
OK, I see, you know more than me πŸ˜… I do not even know what settings I used, I just tried until the pics looked somewhat nice. Good luck with your pictures πŸ‘ looking forward to see them

I wish I had a full frame if not for better light capture. I know I can take better pics using backgrounds, just too lazy/busy to set it up. I just grab the camera and shoot most of the time. I believe primary lenses- macro lenses increase clarity. The AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED is the s*t. A ring flash and tripod are real helpful too.

πŸ€™mu
I am so lucky that I can borrow that camera. Otherwise I would have to use a very old digital camera with horroble quality. Thanks for the infos @musashi , I can organise a ring flash so I ll try it out and for the objective I will try to find out what was on there

I had also tried macro 105 but sigma, wasnt my cup of tea, it is very hard to capture clear picture in hand, but it is possible (not saying anything) or tripod (Iam lazy) :D
I will try to make my own photobox :) I hope it will be good ;)

Good smoking guys and see ya later ;)

OK, I got the info now. The D850 I am using is equipped with a AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80 mm 1:2,8-4E ED VR
I read about it, costs a fortune and seems to be an allround lens

The Doors #7
It had fat buds with domed tops and producing some foxtails. The smell is very pleasant, very fruity, lychee and mangosteene kind of, but it also has some berry scents like raspberry or something like that ... difficult to describe. In the background there is a very fresh smell and some hazeyness but no gassy oily scent. This one is among the phenos where I lost both cuttings so this one went to reveg. It is the first time I do a reveg in my life so fingers crossed 🀞🀞🀞. The only downside of this plant was that the trim was horrible, the leaves are firmly attached to the stem and when picking them I teared some of the bud apart, a real nightmare. Harvest was on day 73 like the previous ones.
Yield is 9.2g

D7.5.jpg

D7.10.jpg

D7.2.jpg

D7.9.jpg

Last edited:
The Doors #1
The buds were rather long and pointed but no foxtails. Rather fluffy and leafy buds. Smell is ultra spicey, like herbes de provence with an undertone of freshness, hazeyness or maybe eucalyptus. No oily smell to this one. It was very sativa dominant with a long flowering period. Harvested on day 80, but I had the impression that it could go even longer. However, there were new pistils shooting out of the top bud and I read this is a sign to harvest. The trim was rather easy.
Yield was 12,99g

The doors 1 (3).jpg

The doors 1 (11).jpg

The doors 1 (12).jpg

The Doors #2
It is very similar to #1, with long buds and pointed tips, but it does have little foxtails. The smell is spicey, herbes de provence like #1 with a kind of hashy smell in the background and some hazeyness and eucalyptus. Also there was no oily scent here. The trim was horrible, leaves firmly attached to stem. Harvested on day 80. The plant went to reveg although I do not know yet whether I want to keep her.
Yield was 14.29g

The doors 2 (3).jpg

The doors 2 (11).jpg

The doors 2 (13).jpg

The Doors #8
This one had beautiful fat and sticky buds, pointed tips with some foxtails and purple hues. All of the stem was budded up as you can see on the pix. It smells very oily and gassy, like heating oil with a touch of spiceyness and fruitiness. There is also a hint of haze smell to it. I will keep a cut of this one. Harvest was on day 80 and the leaves were easily trimmed.
Yield is 12.88g

The doors 8 (24).jpg

The doors 8 (18).jpg

The doors 8 (27).jpg

The Doors #13
This is the one that formed one main branch although it was topped. Initially I said #10 had the hardest buds, bud I need to correct myself, it is this one, #13. The buds are domed, dense, rock hard and seem more like indica dominant with no signs of foxtails. The smells are similar to nevilles haze (from the coffeeshop), very fruity mango, grape style, but the loudness of the smell could be better. There is also something fresh and cold in the smell, difficult to describe, but no gassyness. Harvest was on day 67. I keep me a cut of this one.
Yield is 16.12g

The Doors #13 (4).jpg

The Doors #13 (9).jpg

The Doors #13 (10).jpg

Last edited:
Back