Super Silver Haze - Pheno Hunting - Electric Sky LED CoCo Grow

Ladies and Gentlemen!!

Later this morning I will FINALLY be taking some pro quality photos of the (FREAKING BEAUTIFUL) buds from Plant 6, Plant 8 and Plant 10.

One plant per day I’ll get photos posted of the bud, the F2 seed and an in depth smoke report! Spoiler alert this strain left me stoopified 😂

Next step for the 2x4. Once the medium dries out Sunday afternoon or Monday AM I’m going to do my final topdressing. Will top dress with 1.0-1.5 tbs of Gia Green 2-8-4 power bloom and a 1/2 cup of worm castings per gallon. This should hopefully lead to a nicer fade despite being a few days late on the final topdressing!
Wonderfull, you and your misses Nice deserves honour for photos ;)

Ladies and Gentlemen!!

Later this morning I will FINALLY be taking some pro quality photos of the (FREAKING BEAUTIFUL) buds from Plant 6, Plant 8 and Plant 10.

One plant per day I’ll get photos posted of the bud, the F2 seed and an in depth smoke report! Spoiler alert this strain left me stoopified 😂

Next step for the 2x4. Once the medium dries out Sunday afternoon or Monday AM I’m going to do my final topdressing. Will top dress with 1.0-1.5 tbs of Gia Green 2-8-4 power bloom and a 1/2 cup of worm castings per gallon. This should hopefully lead to a nicer fade despite being a few days late on the final topdressing!
Looking forward to seeing them
Nice work man✌️
Sensient

Been MIA for a bit. The smoke report and Macro Bud Photoshoot didn't go according to plan.. I got real busy with the family / work / the holidays / was switching between two jobs. I thought the 2x4 would be hanging to dry by now. It turns out that plants pollinated often finish faster than those that are not.. So the clones of my "8 week phenos" actually aren't 8 weeks when left unpollenated.. I took a macro shot of "Plant 2". I have yet to see this pheno flower out until this 2x4 run. She was the girl I decided to wait to flower out until the 2x4 run due to lack of space in the 4x4 at the time. She's looking quite frosty and almost ready to be chopped!!

259ECDF8-B65D-4B60-9487-ED86317AAAC0.jpeg

It turns out that plants pollinated often finish faster than those that are not.. So the clones of my "8 week phenos" actually aren't 8 weeks when left unpollenated..
I thought pollinated plants need 2 weeks longer for the seeds to mature???

Plant 2 is chopped 😃. Decided to try “wet trimming” and all I can say is wow!! It felt like it was 10 times faster than dry trimming. It seems as though a lot less trichomes fell off during the trimming process because the plant has not yet dried. I also think they’re going to look and smoke better because I was able to get more leaf removed. In the past once the bud had dried and kind of shrivelled it was more difficult to get the full sugar leaf out without destroying the Bud. I often found myself just trimming the leaf flush to the general shape of the Bud, which left more leaf in the Bud (which in theory should have made for a harsher smoke..). Now that almost all the leaf material was removed (easily), the Bud seems to already look better and will hopefully smoke smoother assuming I can keep it from drying out too quickly.

Plant 2 is chopped 😃. Decided to try “wet trimming” and all I can say is wow!! It felt like it was 10 times faster than dry trimming. It seems as though a lot less trichomes fell off during the trimming process because the plant has not yet dried. I also think they’re going to look and smoke better because I was able to get more leaf removed. In the past once the bud had dried and kind of shrivelled it was more difficult to get the full sugar leaf out without destroying the Bud. I often found myself just trimming the leaf flush to the general shape of the Bud, which left more leaf in the Bud (which in theory should have made for a harsher smoke..). Now that almost all the leaf material was removed (easily), the Bud seems to already look better and will hopefully smoke smoother assuming I can keep it from drying out too quickly.
Heard once 60° and 60%rh

Just realized I’ve yet to upload a late flower / pre-harvest 2x4 canopy photo!

This one is right before harvest of “Plant 6”.

1300A75F-7C52-42C7-8005-63057E8D25E7.jpeg

Photo below is Plant 2 clones the day before their harvest.
B659A58B-B2A4-4518-99B2-43CE88A615D0.jpeg

I know I still owe you all some macro shots of finished buds / seeds from the 4x4. As well as some better smell / smoke reports. They are coming, I promise 😉!

I worked eleven 12 hour shifts in the last 14 days.. and life is still busy when not at work!

On a photography side note: I’m upgrading my camera to the new 😍😍 Canon R5 😍😍 next week! Should make for a fitting finale for the final bud shots!

Just realized I’ve yet to upload a late flower / pre-harvest 2x4 canopy photo!

This one is right before harvest of “Plant 6”.

View attachment 58192

View attachment 58191

I know I still owe you all some macro shots of finished buds / seeds from the 4x4. As well as some better smell / smoke reports. They are coming, I promise 😉!

I worked eleven 12 hour shifts in the last 14 days.. and life is still busy when not at work!

On a photography side note: I’m upgrading my camera to the new 😍😍 Canon R5 😍😍 next week! Should make for a fitting finale for the final bud shots!
Very Nice!
Great job man💚

On a photography side note: I’m upgrading my camera to the new 😍😍 Canon R5 😍😍 next week! Should make for a fitting finale for the final bud shots!..
A new camera and an awesome one at that! I wish I could afford something as nice. So jealous!

🤙mu

Alright folks, here it is.. my first attempt at a smoke report. Just to clarify earlier in the grow I mention starting 3 plants very late, looking for a more sativa pheno. I gave away 2.5 of those three to a family member. I kept a jar of the most sativa one (there's a photo of the plant I kept earlier in the thread). I'm naming her "SSH Sativa Pheno". None of the phenos retained the intense cat piss smell that was present in a couple while growing. To be quite honest effect wise all these phenos are all nearly identical. I feel like the environment / setting in which I've smoked them had more of an impact on the effects I've felt than anything. I'll describe the overall effects I've noticed from this strain and then break down their individual smell / taste qualities below.

Effects - I noticed right away how / why people say she is a "Sativa for Indica lovers". In the past I've had lots of anxiety / paranoia after smoking certain sativa leaning strains. Despite the SSH high being a very heady high for me, not once have I had an anxiety / panic attack. Not once have I had to try and force myself to sleep quickly quickly throw on some stand up comedy or a movie to try and distract myself out of the panic / anxiety I'm experiencing. I've seen people describe the strain as having just enough indica to keep you planted firmly on the ground and I think that's a very good way to describe it. You can tell the high has the sativa qualities to it but you can feel the indica in there, keeping you calm and you feet planted on the ground. I don't feel as though any of these phenos have been particularly energizing, but they don't make me tired or put me to sleep at all. My bother reported Plant 6 having a sedating effect for him. I'd agree it's the one most likely to have a sedating effect, but I also don't try and get as high as he does so he may have felt it more cause he smoked more if it.. I've smoked this now with friends and family and have had a good time every time. Multiple phenos have induced a few intense but short periods of the giggles. I've smoked strains where I've died laughing through an entire stand up comedy routine but this seemed to be a much shorter stint of the giggles. The high can be quite introspective and I've found myself overanalyzing some jokes when watching comedy. When I watch a movie or TV show sober I find I buy-in to the story and characters 100% unless the acting is extremely, extremely poor. Like some other strains I've smoked, I've found I'm "not buying it", like I can tell they're acting and it's more obvious.. Perhaps it's just myself being in a more skeptical mindset and not actually due to the acting being poor but maybe it is making me more attentive to things like poor acting lol.

I should note that I don't try to get incredibly high when I smoke. My goal is not to try and send myself to another planet but really just improve my experience where ever I'm at or with whatever experience I'm having. I've played a lot of video games (Fortnite for those who care) after smoking this and I can confirm it 100% slows down my reaction time, makes the game way more difficult and complicated. The most notable, consistent effect I have noticed is after smoking I feel as though my IQ has dropped significantly!! I don't necessarily think it's a good or bad effect, but it's extremely noticeable for me. When playing Fortnite I find my problem solving ability goes straight to shit and simple decisions become much more difficult and I'm much more slow to make them. I do find it's a somewhat introspective high. If I've smoked with the intention of being introspective I have found I've made some different realizations and discoveries about myself that have remained significant when waking up sober the next day. I'm not sure if this is the right use of the word "racy" but I have found it to be a bit racy in the sense it has got my libido increased, it's got the sex drive up and has me ready to get busy haha.. It also as most strains improves the overall satisfaction level of those experiences. I know everything I'm mentioning are fairly positive things I can't lie to you all, I am a little disappointed overall in the strain. Like I said the most notable effect was feeling less intelligent / straight up feeling stupid. I've tried smoking larger amounts to see if it improves the experience at all, extends the giggle period or any of the other positives I've mentioned but it seems to really not improve the experience at all. Don't get me wrong I don't dislike the strain, but I had really high hopes for her, so I am a bit disappointed. I also realize I did not have a single sativa with the extreme sativa leaves, or bud.. So I don't think I've experienced anything close to the best this strain has to offer, but I also don't think I'm going to spend much more time searching as I've not been particularly blown away with any of the 6 female phenos I've tried. Plant 6 is both my favourite (and my friends favourite) pheno despite being gimpy off the start, it being the shortest plant and lowest producing. If I grow out any of my F2 seeds I've created it will be my cross of "Plant 1" male and this "Plant 6" pheno.

I'm going to try Mango Haze and I think Shark Shock next. I think if I keep myself from smoking too much (and getting anxious / paranoid) of the Mango Haze I will enjoy its effects more than what I've seen from SSH so far. Perhaps a Mango Widow or Ortega will end up being the sweet spot for me.. I've grown one pheno out of Sensi's Northern Lights and I really enjoyed that buzz. It's been my friend and his girlfriends favourite so far.. so maybe I'll swap the Shark for Ortega..

Smell / Taste

Plant 8 and "SSH Sativa" are the unique children when it comes to smell and taste. I'd try and go into specifics below.

Plant 2 - Overall smell intensity is mild approaching moderate. Very subtle rotting / moldy fruit smell that intensifies as you break up / grind up a bud. Very very faint strawberry banana smell to it (like not even enough to get excited about, just if I had to pick a fruit to describe those notes by I'd pick a strawberry banana mix. The bud structure can be seen in photos, I wont bore you with those details, she's a hairy girl but #6 is by far hairiest. I'd say she's the second most frosty, trichome production wise but unfortunately none of these phenos were all that impressive when it comes to frost level.. I'm sure they'd have more if they were grown in perfect conditions but I've grown frostier plants in both my prior two grows so I was disappointed in that area...

Plant 6 - She has a light, airy smell intensity with very very mild fruity notes similar to Plant 2 but there is more of an earthy, outdoor woodsy smell overall to her. She had the biggest buds and the plant weighed the most. I vaped some of this with my siblings and Dad, using my brothers' expensive Volcano. Completely unprovoked my Dad brought up that it both tasted, and left the garage smelling "like church"... I know this is a highly sought after quality by some. I personally can't really think of what church incense smell like but I asked him what he meant and he said "like the incense burnt at church". Take that for what it's worth.. perhaps some old school smokers might appreciate this plant more than I have. My family all seemed to enjoy the smoke session, we had some good laughs sitting in that volcano circle in the garage!! No complaints about this strain, in the right environment it was a great smoke.. However sitting at home, watching a movie or playing video games I didn't think it was anything special..

Plant 8 - Intensity rating would be moderate, approaching strong and almost refreshing quality to her. I can't think of any single fruit to describe her. She's more candy like than anything. It's almost like a mixture of a sour apple / strawberry combination of candy. It has a touch of almost citrus like smell to it that I think most closely resembles a sour apple but the sweet quality is more intense than the sour notes. The cure has now doubt intensified and improved her smell. The smell comes through in the taste when smoking a joint. I have yet to try her in a vape but will update the post when that happens.

Plant 10 - Earthy notes, stronger smell than plant 6 but less earthy kind of a mix of Plant 6 and plant 8 but not enough fruit / candy notes to it to get me excited. Growing, Clonning, appearance wise I was confident this plant would be my keeper / favourite but #8 ended up being my hands down favourite despite her being more difficult to grow, the yields being less and her not looking like anything too special while growing.. Effects, taste and smell wise Plant 8 is by far the winner!

"SSH Sativa Pheno" - Smell intensity is strong / intense, it hits ya in the face when you open the jar and stick your nose in. It has a very earthy, onion-y smell to her. I'll admit I've only smoked her a few times. Definitely a "racy" buzz, gets me fired up and ready to attack the Mrs... lol in a good way haha. Speaking of the Mrs, she's only tried this pheno, and Plant 10. She said she liked this pheno more. We had some good laughs on this one but like I mentioned in the effects section, it wasn't a long giggly period..

None of these phenos seem to have the classic, marijuana / extreme dank smell that you think of when someone walks by and you can tell they have pot on them. Their smells are more subtle, with no skunkyness to them in jar or when smoked. Anyways.. that's all I got for now.. Overall I'm not unhappy with the SSH, but I don't think I found any of the special phenos and I don't think I'm going to invest any more time looking.. I might grow out an F2 cross of Plant 8 just because I made those seeds myself.. but I was overally hoping for more frost, and hoping for more giggles / more uplifting effects.. In the right setting it's a fun strain but when sitting at home on the couch at night with only the Netflix, YouTube or Video games to keep you busy (which is most smoke sessions for me) it's kind of a boring / underwhelming buzz.. Again take that for what it's worth as these plants weren't grown perfectly and I'm pretty confident there are much better phenos within this strain that I simply did not find. None of my friends reached out stating they loved any of the samples I gave out. They all said it was good, but in my prior two feminized grows there were phenos I had them going out of their way to bring up multiple times how much they liked, or how strong they were. I had really hoped to blow my friends, and my own socks off with this SSH so perhaps it was my too high of expectations that prevented myself from being all that impressed by it. :(

Thank you TGTDE for giving your finial toughts of SSH.

It is a special strain but I don't also think that you have had the luck to find a real SSH pheno.
Every seed is unique, If I remember correctly I've had 12 females from 1 straw bought at the auctions.
There were some indica's, some skunk pheno's and in between. However 2 plant showed from early on thinner leaves and these 2 were the ones that stood out for me.

Initial up high and euphoric (most noticed when consumed in smaller amounts), turns into a strong cerebral high (more introverted) and ends with a body high (not strong).
This is a 12-13 weeker pheno and has that sweeter smelling incense going. Only when burned (taste and smell), but everybody that smells it yells church :)! When vaped I get a slightly better high but no incense (taste more floral/piney, smell is rather floral).
I will show her soon here.

If I where you I would sow every seed you made and cul anything that doen't show slender leaves from te start. Once they reach maturity, I would stem rub them, My 2 pheno's where dedected as hazy from the stem rubs (believe me that you will know when you found one, unique smell and so addictive). Even the jar reeks of incense when openend.

Enjoy your fruits of labour!

Edit: I bought a couple of straws of The Doors because Shanti said Euphoria lies in this seeds. Havn't got around do grow them yet... but I expect to find something in these seeds to!

Last edited:

It is a special strain but I don't also think that you have had the luck to find a real SSH pheno.
Every seed is unique, If I remember correctly I've had 12 females from 1 straw bought at the auctions.
There were some indica's, some skunk pheno's and in between. However 2 plant showed from early on thinner leaves and these 2 were the ones that stood out for me.

Initial up high and euphoric (most noticed when consumed in smaller amounts), turns into a strong cerebral high (more introverted) and ends with a body high (not strong).
This is a 12-13 weeker pheno and has that sweeter smelling incense going. Only when burned (taste and smell), but everybody that smells it yells church :)! When vaped I get a slightly better high but no incense (taste more floral/piney, smell is rather floral).

If I where you I would sow every seed you made and cul anything that doen't show slender leaves from te start. Once they reach maturity, I would stem rub them, My 2 pheno's where dedected as hazy from the stem rubs (believe me that you will know when you found one, unique smell and so addictive). Even the jar reeks of incense when openend.

Edit: I bought a couple of straws of The Doors because Shanti said Euphoria lies in this seeds. Havn't got around do grow them yet... but I expect to find something in these seeds to!
Nice you can check a few doors grows to see if what you are looking for. Or ask @musashi if he found your diamond in a pheno

Hi All
yes i decided to go through our media on the forum to find interesting photos that are educational and worthy to be uploaded. So if you have photos that fit this sort of criteria, then upload or pm me as it seems more interesting for other new members and guests to see something from members who have first hand experiences with MNS seeds that are sold. It is more representative of the strain in my opinion and not a marketing tool, but the truth.

Wishing you all who contribute a big thank you and hope you enjoy the weekend....all the best Shanitbaba

Sowing every seed I made might be a little difficult 😂! Here are just SOME of the spoils from all that hard work earlier in the grow!!

6CFB4BA4-6861-4E85-9928-5E97BD79D18E.jpeg

Back