Super Silver Haze - Pheno Hunting - Electric Sky LED CoCo Grow

I have a couple updates / confessions…

Confession 1: without telling y’all (a couple months ago) I started 4 more seeds 😱
3 ended up being female and 2 have very sativa-esque leaves / growth! They’re currently 3ish weeks behind their big sisters in flower.

Confession 2: To have enough room in the flower tent I needed to kill a seed mother plant and I chose plant 2. I still have her cloned in the veg tent but I’ll get to that in a second..

So 3/4 of the flower tent has been dedicated to plants 6,8 and 10 and the front left 1/4 has the 3 newest girls who had much less veg time and are smaller. You can kind of see them in the latest canopy photo I uploaded.

They have had an incredibly smooth grow so far. Even though I prefer indica leaning hybrids / phenos I’m very excited to test these newest girls out. As well as share with friends / family to hear their thoughts on the great SSH!!

Now for the biggest development.. 😥

Despite this journal starting off as a hunt for a keeper mother, I’ve realized I don’t really have the space and mostly don’t have the time to be running multiple tents… So the dream of keeping my favourite phenos from each new MNS strain I grow out, in a mother tent has died.. at least for now… RIP dream lol. There’s also a strong chance I’ll be temporarily moving in the new year for work , so it’s really just not feasible right now.

Now for some good news!

It does appear I successfully pollinated plant #6, 8 and 10 with pollen from what I think was one heck of a stud male, fittingly named Plant #1! So I should have plenty of F2 SSH seeds to search through over the coming years and maybe I’ll try and continue pollinating my fav male to future females and somewhat stabilize SSH towards my specific preferences.. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
720F1F14-A68A-4C30-A4E0-A2794CA77CEF.jpegSo, what does that mean for the clones / 2x4 veg tent? I couldn’t bring myself to kill them.. So we will be flowering out before a tent is chosen to take down.

I decided to put 8 ladies in 2 gallon pots under a scrog net. Unlike all of my prior grows, (when I flipped too soon) I’m going to really let the canopy fill in under the net before flipping. I really want to end up with a bud in every square and a killer canopy overflowing with nice sized buds.

Last edited:
Today marks the start of week 8 for plant 6,8 and 10. Trichomes look like they’ll be ready in a week or two. I decided to flush them today (if it turns out to be too late or early I’ll know for the 2x4 harvest). I flushed each 3 gallon pot with 8-10 gallons of water ph’d to 6.0 until the PPM of the runoff matched the ppm of the water going in. I’m debating changing the lights to 11/13 or 10/14 but I don’t want to effect the yields on the other plants. The others have been growing problem free so far, so will probably leave the lights as is.

Last edited:
Looks like its going to be a decent harvest TGTDE!

What smells are you getting from these plants?

@Swifty I have tried to touch the buds as little as possible to preserve the intact-ness of the trichomes. The few times I have given them a little squeeze it’s been difficult to distinguish the smells to be honest. There is a subtle sweetness to each but as for the main smell I’ve been struggling to identify it correctly. I have had similar difficulties in the past but once I get the buds dried and in jars I’m expecting to be able to get a much better sample smell from each. I will definitely try to do the smell describing some justice over the coming weeks!

Last edited:
my personnal opinion you wait too much cut it after you loose in thc

Yes I would have to agree I think I missed peak THC levels. I personally get anxious pretty easy from smoking and I do almost all of my smoking in the evening / at night so I’m not too worried. But I think you’re definitely right, I missed the ball on this one.

Super Silver Haze - Plant 6 - “The Producer”

View attachment 55845

View attachment 55846

Didn’t get as nice of a fade / flush on these girls as I’d have liked. The 2x4 run should go much smoother having grown out these girls once and knowing when they’ll finish!

Interesting plant, seems to have the AC trait in bud structure and leaves though the more orange pistols of ssh. Should be interesting to see how it smokes.

I worked the past two nights and haven’t looked too closely as the ladies. Tonight when checking out the girls, all three appear to be frostier than last time I gave them a good look. Also, some of the lower buds gained some noticeable size.

So I looked at the buds with my 60x jewelry loupe and I’m seeing very little if any amber on the bud trichomes. They also aren’t as cloudy as I expected either..

I think when taking the macro photos the editing I applied may have amplified any small amount of amber present and given an inaccurate idea of how far along they are.

The medium was bone dry today so I gave them another plain watering, and it may end up being their last. I‘ll watch them closely the next couple days. Unless they’re continuing to bulk up and/or frost up I’ll move them into darkness tomorrow or Wednesday night for 48 hours. Will let the medium dry out and most likely chop Thursday / Friday night, which would be day 59 / 60 of flower. I’m also going to be letting the temps really drop tonight to try and really bring out the purple that are clearly present isn’t these genetics!!

Last edited:
I’m going to edit one of my earlier posts for anyone thinking of trying out slow release dry amendments like I have this grow. Had I known about this incredible thread dedicated to it, on the rollitup forum, it would have really helped this first run go much smoother!

I’m only 4 of 35 pages through it and I’ve realized a number of mistakes I’ve made (overwatering, depriving my ladies of nutrients and not anticipating a cal-mag deficiency being the biggest three!).

I’ll leave the link here as well for anyone that’s been following along and won’t be seeing the link added towards the start of this thread.

Back