Onward Through the Haze

Aloha fellow firewalkers!

Here are a few more pics of the extreme expressions I am getting from the BDM and the HHG. Of note, these sativas do not subscribe to the 4x's growth axiom, more like 5x as evidenced by the HHG.
View attachment 73091View attachment 73092

HHG 79" this morning
View attachment 73093

View attachment 73094View attachment 73095View attachment 73096View attachment 73097View attachment 73098

mu
Is this what they call "pearl pheno's"?
Looks like you won't have to manicure much and can smoke it all!
Resins are already everywhere and I suspect that the bulk of them even have to come.

The whole room reeks of church this morning. All of the weeping willows smell similarly.
Holy Hanh Grail #1
hhg #1 6_3.jpg

The first seed to fall came from the HHG #2 (HHG2 x MHI). I proceeded to harvest her in a rabid way, because she is an impressive plant and I was all excited as 4.5 wks had gone by. It looks like I have a solid 50 to work (HHG2 x MHI) with but I noticed it looks like they could have cooked a little longer. Indica seeds seem to mature quickly and most are ready by this time. So I am giving the other seeds another week before I take these lower branches. These new seeds should be hardened and ready to plant by the time this current crop comes in. I just love planting seeds, don't you?
HHG #2 x MHI
first hhg2_mhi.jpghhg2_mhi seeds.jpg
What da ya think for the name? Holy Hanh Mango or Holy Mango or? Or Holy Hanukkah for @High-mish hahaha?

mu

The whole room reeks of church this morning. All of the weeping willows smell similarly.
Holy Hanh Grail #1
View attachment 73512

The first seed to fall came from the HHG #2 (HHG2 x MHI). I proceeded to harvest her in a rabid way, because she is an impressive plant and I was all excited as 4.5 wks had gone by. It looks like I have a solid 50 to work (HHG2 x MHI) with but I noticed it looks like they could have cooked a little longer. Indica seeds seem to mature quickly and most are ready by this time. So I am giving the other seeds another week before I take these lower branches. These new seeds should be hardened and ready to plant by the time this current crop comes in. I just love planting seeds, don't you?
HHG #2 x MHI
View attachment 73513View attachment 73514
What da ya think for the name? Holy Hanh Mango or Holy Mango or? Or Holy Hanukkah for @High-mish hahaha?

mu
That’s about as Sat dominant as it gets. Actually looks pure Sat. Excellent job and great breeding.

I am now collecting seeds in earnest as they shed and start randomly falling to the floor :oops:. Earlier, I pollinated (MHIm) several strains/plants in the room and this mating of MHI to this BDMf #1 is the one that has my eye. I cut a portion of one branch and will leave the other branch to ripen further.bdm1 x mhi.jpg

Da Momma. Can this be improved according to my tastes? I'm looking forward to finding out :)
bdm1 6_6.jpg

mu

This grow has been an interesting one. I managed to pollinate the plants of 2 crosses I made earlier with pollen gathered from two Mango Haze IBL males. One, a BackDoorMan, the other a Holy Hanh Grail. I also painted up several Mango Haze IBL's. The MHI's (7) were the other part of the grow which are discussed in a different thread.
As you know, some of the BDM and HHG exhibited extreme sativa traits with single beaded calyxes. I was happy to paint them and get some seed yet the plants turned out spindly and grinspoon like. The ones I took down yesterday (several HHG and BDM), while yielding seed didn't make the cut as their weak vine-like stems broke from being top heavy. The plants would be lucky to yield an ounce and so bye-bye. I did keep the HHG #1 bc of stronger stem and larger plant. I will use seed from her. This structure reeks of church.
HHG #1
HHG1 6_26.JPGHHG1a 6_26.JPG

In addition, I kept two BDM that were more practical and seed from them will also be considered as the plants have Doors-like qualities smelling of oily herbs, dark sauces and offering denser bud structure. I am particularly interested as BDM (NH x Doors) is a main line I want to pursue and adding MHI to the mix can only be a good thing, I reason. I am hoping that the remaining plants will be finished in 14 weeks.
BDM #2
bdm2 6_26.JPG

BDM #1
bdm1b 6_26.JPGBDM1 6_26.JPG

mu

Back