NL#5 x Skunk

Thank you for the recommendations @Mr. Brown
From what I've seen from yours and others Shit grows it's definitely were i need to be looking for a male/s to preserve my skunk cuts.

I wish companies were legally able to sell pollen, it would not only be of great help to those with small spaces who still want to be self sufficient and/or hobby breed/grow from seed. I would gladly pay a premium for known male genetics.

I've looked into "fem-ing" with sts and although it maybe the quickest route, it just doesn't sit right with me..

Hopefully the coming legalisation will bring more options for us lowly home growers...... I doubt it lol

Last edited:
NL/SK
Phenotype#1
DSC05070.JPG

(The sample is dry but still green so a few more weeks of curing are necessary, but the early signs a good.)

A great flavour with a welcome familiarity of tropical/pineapplely notes stitched together with the northern lights's piney spiciness.

It's effect i find almost instantaneous, starting in the back of the head and shoulders then spreading down the spine to the limbs, leaving me warm and comfortable. Very enjoyable. Medicinal too, for me at least. It easily soothes away the hot buzzing of knacker joints.

Potency is an important factor for many i know, but to be totally honest, i'm not a good judge of it due to my consumption rate.

i only vape after work before/after dinner and find that most things have the ability to blow my brains out lol
However, i did run quite a few tests years ago and most of the plants i liked seemed to come in at circa 15% i cant explain why but 15% and a piney sweet flavour does it for me. I'd say that this individual is in on that scale.

On the whole i find it positive and makes a great companion to life, which i think all cannabis should be, if a strain/cultivar etc is jangling your nerves or worse impinging on your life then it's not for you imho.

Stay tuned for the next exciting installments of pheno#2 and #3 coming soon.
Take care peoples
Peace

Last edited:
NL/SK
Phenotype#1
View attachment 88437

(The sample is dry but still green so a few more weeks of curing are necessary, but the early signs a good.)

A great flavour with a welcome familiarity of tropical/pineapplely notes stitched together with the northern lights's piney spiciness.

It's effect i find almost instantaneous, starting in the back of the head and shoulders then spreading down the spine to the limbs, leaving me warm and comfortable. Very enjoyable. Medicinal too, for me at least. It easily soothes away the hot buzzing of knacker joints.

Potency is an important factor for many i know, but to be totally honest, i'm not a good judge of it due to my consumption rate.

i only vape after work before/after dinner and find that most things have the ability to blow my brains out lol
However, i did run quite a few tests years ago and most of the plants i liked seemed to come in at circa 15% i cant explain why but 15% and a piney sweet flavour does it for me. I'd say that this individual is in on that scale.

On the whole i find it positive and makes a great companion to life, which i think all cannabis should be, if a strain/cultivar etc is jangling your nerves or worse impinging on your life then it's not for you imho.

Take care peoples
Peace
Looks really good meds there mate. I've bought a pack of these on auction, and from what I've seen on the grow reports on here, I actually can't wait for my packs to arrive 😆✌️
Edit - It's the NL5 x Afghan seeds that I bought, not the skunk cross. Maybe one day I might try this cross as well 👍

Great report! Your description of it sounds amazing. Just the ticket, I'd say. 😉

Eloquently put. I whole heartedly agree with this, like everything in life. A good strain should elevate and compliment the day, not disturb it or take us out of the moment.

@Ray I look forward to hearing the other phenos and revisiting #1 after a nice cure. Thanks again for sharing.
Diesel840

NL/SK
Phenotype#1
View attachment 88437

Take care peoples
Peace
Exactly my words man,

It is good, that everyone can pick whatever suits his needs,
some good medicine in the world of these precious libraries of seeds !! :)
My tolerance ends on widows, and even there are some phenos that put my socks off :D

Nice selection btw :)

Looks really good meds there mate. I've bought a pack of these on auction, and from what I've seen on the grow reports on here, I actually can't wait for my packs to arrive 😆✌️
Edit - It's the NL5 x Afghan seeds that I bought, not the skunk cross. Maybe one day I might try this cross as well 👍

Enjoy it mate.
All to often we become hung up on the names and heritage or provenance.
It's just a plant and the name bares no relation to how it makes you feel.

A good strain should elevate and compliment the day, not disturb it or take us out of the moment.

I totally agree.
These days potency is confused with effect.
When the only true metric imho are your senses, a plant ether fits into and enhances your life or it doesn't.

Exactly my words man,

It is good, that everyone can pick whatever suits his needs,
some good medicine in the world of these precious libraries of seeds !! :)
My tolerance ends on widows, and even there are some phenos that put my socks off :D

Nice selection btw :)

Thank you.

Cannabis is our dynamic friend. A truly democratizing intoxicant.
Imo this is what holds it back from total legalisation, it can not be contained like alcohol or pharmaceuticals, nor have they had centuries to build up brand recognition/dominance. The minute they open the gate it's off, out of their hands and straight into your back garden. They know this, which why we have imo the hobbled legalisation that's spreading across they globe..

Love me some widow.
It has the piney sweetness i mentioned earlier. Yum.

Have a great day all.
Peace

Last edited:
NL/SK Pheno#2

DSC05075.JPG

A fine selection.
I have this one re-veging in the hope that it sticks around but failing that i also hit #1 & #2
with the only male i received from my three nl/sk seed test. Fingers crossed.

Fragrance is a tropical pine that's somewhere in the same palette as pheno#1 perhaps with a touch more pine to it.
The buds are also much denser than pheno#1 with #2 plant having a more "shiva skunk" look to it.(stout)

There is more body felt in the effect, leaving me warm & soothed with it again easily providing relief from the aches & pains caused by general ware and tare. it hits slower too, felt in much the same areas only with a slight creep...

I'd say that on the highly accurate mybrain'o'meter lol
That it's more potent.

This and #1 are my keepers and i'd be happy to grow/smoke them for the foreseeable future.
Though if a choice had to be made, #2 is where my monies at, it's stocky growth and quick turnaround make it an attractive individual for the home grower and of cause with it's delicious old-school funk/flavour it's hard to not like it.

Have a great day peoples
Peace

Last edited:
NL/SK
Pheno#3
DSC05078.JPG
(Not the best picture)

A different take on the tropical pine of the other two.
Although still on the same palette, It has summers day fresh cut grass/incense notes to it's tropical pine, kind of like if pineapple had that earthiness that overripe mango gains. Different.

Buds are somewhere in between #1 & #2. Spongy and sticky.
Flavour is full with mouth coating qualities leaving an earthy tang lingering on the tongue. (vape)
Upon reentering the room there is a noticeable stale cat piss aroma in the air that's not present in the flavour or smell.

Sedentary effect.
Not completely sleep inducing but would make a fine sleep aid. One word answers and a film type smoke. classic.

Overall, i wouldn't run this one again if only because it was not happy with my half arsed technique. The other two flourished with only basic inputs/minimal care. Selection starts long before you smoke the final product..

Tbh i much prefer the mid spec mind/body effect of the other two. Something a good skunk should have in buckets imo.

Take care
Peace

Last edited:
Nice write up and descriptions, which are often challenging to articulate. 👍
Thanks Skunkle, i try to relay my experiences as concisely as i can. The whole flavour/effect thing is so subjective.
what tastes like mango and cut grass to me may well taste like pineapple with a touch of cherry to someone else.

It's part of what i love about cannabis is it's dynamic nature.

Aloha @Ray! Thanks for sharing your grow with us. You mentioned earlier that you were thinking about what to run next... Did you decide? Care to share you decision?

mu

Still thinking Mu.
I'm currently in the middle of restocking a couple of friends.
Both of whom are going through some medical shit at the moment and have requested a specific mother of mine which aids their sleep.

Everyone underestimates the importance of a good nights sleep imo.

Take care
Peace.

You're absolutely right there Ray ✌️
More recently it’s improved as seen thru media(athletes), and I see it directly through friends I provide gummy’s, cookies, candy, tincture and flower. In my circle, knowledge of the medicinal benefits is increasing daily. Falling back to sleep, anxiety, hand tremors and even a lady able to stop her Glaucoma Rx for CBG gummies(approved by Dr).
We are voices of education and experience.
🤙

Fair play to you Lenny, I'd love to be self suficient with my meds.....soon hopefully 🤞
Fair play too for helping your friends and family out and bringing them some relief. Hopefully one day soon, somebody will do you a good turn mate. It's always nice to receive sometimes as well as give, especially when it's unexpected ✌️👍

You're absolutely right there Ray ✌️

Thanks JG.
What cemented my belief in cannabis as a medicine was helping out my grandmother who suffered from MS and although the weed didn't touch the sides when her condition was at its worst. It did help her sleep eat and laugh, which in my mind are areas that modern medicine is sorely lacking..

More recently it’s improved as seen thru media(athletes), and I see it directly through friends I provide gummy’s, cookies, candy, tincture and flower. In my circle, knowledge of the medicinal benefits is increasing daily. Falling back to sleep, anxiety, hand tremors and even a lady able to stop her Glaucoma Rx for CBG gummies(approved by Dr).
We are voices of education and experience.
🤙

Can i just take this opportunity to say thank you Skunkle.
All to often those individuals who take the time and effort to help others are forgotten about.. Again, thank you.

The compassionate help of others is what makes us human imho..

Peace.

Back