Nevil....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amoril

Well-known member
Seeing rumors that Nevil may have passed away within the last day, does anyone know for sure if that's the case?

If so, I'm saddened by the news. I'll cherish his work, and probably put a rush on growing out nevilles skunk in his honor
 
Hi Amoril glad to see a familiar face even if you might be bearer of bad news. Hope this can be verified one way or the other.


{edit} Well shit guess it is time to put one in the air for the day. RIP Nevil your contributions are not forgotten!
 
Hi All

Nevil had been sick for some years with hep c and cancer and had been battling it well for the last 20 plus years...however the passed 2 years he had some issues that obviously got the better in the end.
He was a pioneer , freedom fighter, businessman, activist by career choice, perfectionist, critic with authority, great collaborator on breeding projects, lateral thinker, a professional in an unprofessional business, a great person to interact with on all subjects, my friend for 30 years and a head strong individual that fort for truth in a deceptive world. He was a strong minded individual who may have been misunderstood at times but was undoubtedly a maverick and now a legend.
All who knew Nevil closely will know he was sincere and could not tolerate bullshit. I loved this trait and will dearly miss such an important person in my life.
I wish his children strength and to all his family I sincerely send my deepest condolences and wish for them a healthy life. In the good times and in the difficult times we shared a strong respect for each other and for that I will miss Nevil. It is always difficult to find an equal partner at certain stages of life but we both knew we shared a revolutionary age and golden age together in the 1990s...and that evolved into Mr Nice Seedbank.
I can tell you all a lot about this character and this man...I have his notes, his plants and his old seed and feel honoured to have shared many good years enjoying our very private world of plants ...something not many can really understand due to the legally challenging times . A link between Howard , Nevil and myself...amongst many others and a link that ran so deep we all passed dark days to get into the light...which we all did.eventually.
Nevil's dreams are ubiquitous since he infected the world with his first seed bank and his work lives on all over the globe .
The world was fortunate to have had the presence of Nevil ...and we will all carry his torch till we pass it on to the next person.Thank you for being who you were and it was a privilege to have been on earth at the same time...and more to have called you my friend.
Big love to a legend in my lifetime...there will always be a thought about Nevil everytime I germinate a seed...his light will bless us all till we meet again.
Big love shantibaba
 
Last edited:
RIP Nevil

My condolences to all and especially to those who were close to him.

RIP Nev. A Legend among legends.

A student.
 
sorry to hear this news.
i know his efforts will continue to help others for a long time.
wish we all could have been more helpful and supportive while he was here.
 
You will live on through your seed

I would not be sitting here today smoking cannabis legally if not for Nevil.

The world is on a path to legalization and for that the entire world owes you their deepest gratitude.

Thank you Nevil from the bottom of my heart.
 
I am really hoping that the people Nev sent his final seeds to do not create a monopoly around these seeds and start charging exorbant prices. Would be a shame to see this happen to nevs final work (grail project). Nevs work should be out there for everyone to enjoy the benifits of his hard work.

Gonna go smoke one for nev
 
Very sad to hear this. Nevil was one of the true (as in no BS) heroes in the war to legalize weed. Also a breeder and grower and the first seed company founder. He was all of a few months older than me. Seems somewhat odd, since they have a cure for HepC now. But cancer is a bitch. I have survived 3 types of cancer myself. But this is not about me.

To quote Richard III:

Sleep in peace and wake in joy
Good angles guard thee...


Nevil Martin, RIP
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
 
Real shame to hear about the passing away of Nevil today. I had the joy of smoking a lot of cannabis he grew in Holland a very long time ago now. I can tell you this, it still to this day is some of the best weed, if not the best, I have ever smoked in my entire life. A great life he must have lived.
My condolences to his family and friends and thank you for everything you have done in the industry over the years. RIP
Smoking a joint in honour right now
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top