Mr. Brown hazes the Skunk

Day 142 (day 18 curing)

After ~2 1/2 weeks of curing the smell is a pleasant mix of sweet herbal skunky with subtle notes of floral citrus perfume :love: I love to stick my nose in the jars and enjoy what Skunk Haze #3 has to offer :)
Yesterday I vaped a little test bud and I can say that it's not the giggly type @Ptree was talking about. The high is kind of mellow and relaxed and doesn't knock you out (y)

Keep curing
MB
I wonder if the giglles come from haze or skunk?
But it was there in my tent :)

Day 153 (day 29 curing)

After 4 weeks of curing I prepared the jars for long term storage (y)
The sweet skunky smell vanished a little and some light menthol smell appeared. Very pleasant :love:
full

The high is very nice (y) I can recommend this beauty to everybody.

MB

Tincture day :love:

Today I made my first tincture (y)
full

I followed the instructions from 'Beyond Buds'.
- I used the ~15g of trim and decarboxylated it for ~30 minutes at 120°C in the oven.
- I put it in a bowl of water and let it sit for ~90 minutes. I poured the water through a strainer and squeezed the remaining water out of the trim.
- I put the trim with ~150ml 96% Ethanol in a blender and blended for ~5 minutes. I Let it sit for ~60 minutes and blended again for ~5 minutes. I poured the material through a strainer and pressed the remaining tincture out of it.
- In the last step I filtered the tincure through a coffee filter.

I will try it at the weekend :) Curious were it takes me :unsure:

MB

Tincture day :love:

Today I made my first tincture (y)
full

I followed the instructions from 'Beyond Buds'.
- I used the ~15g of trim and decarboxylated it for ~30 minutes at 120°C in the oven.
- I put it in a bowl of water and let it sit for ~90 minutes. I poured the water through a strainer and squeezed the remaining water out of the trim.
- I put the trim with ~150ml 96% Ethanol in a blender and blended for ~5 minutes. I Let it sit for ~60 minutes and blended again for ~5 minutes. I poured the material through a strainer and pressed the remaining tincture out of it.
- In the last step I filtered the tincure through a coffee filter.

I will try it at the weekend :) Curious were it takes me :unsure:

MB
Never done or tried making tinctures, I'm very keen to hear your experience.
Thanks for sharing your method Mr. Brown.:)(y)

Tinctures are fun and easy to make. Several different ways. I start with dry, often older cured material making sure product is cleaned up without stems, twigs, etc. I put stuff on baking sheet and cook for 20 min. at 255F. This dries the material out condensing it. I put it in a stainless bowl and use a potato masher to further condense the material by crushing it. The more I can get in the bottle... Stuff all into a half gallon mason jar, fill with everclear and set in the pantry for 30 days minimum. Strain, pour off into another jar getting rid of the plant material after squeezing what you can from it using cheese cloth. Now it's time to make Kahlua! We call it Kalupid at my house lol cause it does make you stupid.
Storing in alcohol is a nice way to keep product. It is then an easy matter to put the concoction to heat to make oil if desired.
stainless.jpg

mu

Thanks for sharing, the tinctures are very intriguing, I’ve been looking at the Levo C and working with a friend who runs medible extracts. Interesting process you’re using.
This is something I’m researching now so hopefully I’ll be able to contribute more soon. My wife and mom are both disabled so this is in our future, I just have a hard time giving someone something if I don’t know the level of active ingredients. So testing is essential for me.

Looking forward to the testing, thanks
/steve

Tinctures are fun and easy to make. Several different ways. I start with dry, often older cured material making sure product is cleaned up without stems, twigs, etc. I put stuff on baking sheet and cook for 20 min. at 255F. This dries the material out condensing it. I put it in a stainless bowl and use a potato masher to further condense the material by crushing it. The more I can get in the bottle... Stuff all into a half gallon mason jar, fill with everclear and set in the pantry for 30 days minimum. Strain, pour off into another jar getting rid of the plant material after squeezing what you can from it using cheese cloth. Now it's time to make Kahlua! We call it Kalupid at my house lol cause it does make you stupid.
Storing in alcohol is a nice way to keep product. It is then an easy matter to put the concoction to heat to make oil if desired.
View attachment 82491

mu
Wow, everything is old school around here, I love it.

Nice mu
/steve

Back