MNS Ortega

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scorpion
  • Start date Start date
Great call on the crosses.

What would be your opinion on the possible crosses of Ortega male to a CM female, and Nordle male to CM female....and quite possible the reverse as well- CM male to Ortega female and CM male to Nordle female? :)

All the best,

CM
hey CM,
I would need to grow alot of CM before I could give an opinion.
The reason I said OGK x Ortega was due to certain similar desirable traits in both strains,my male Ortega smells similar to both Kush Types I have,and he is a strong physical speciman ,very resinous under the sun or indoors and very aromatic,
more so than his sisters in full bloom*

CM X Nordle will be stacking Skunk and may not be a good combination or it could be stellar?

use Nordle and Ortega as Outcross plants to form new different hybrids...
with strong unrelated strains.

hope that helps you CM
peace
scorpion
 
Itching To Do Another Ortega Grow

Growing Mr Nice Ortega Is As Much Fun ( And Suprising ) To Grow As My First Try At Mr Nice With MNS Shit:)
Did I Mention I Started Growing My Ortega Seed On A 12/12 Schedule For About A Month Before Sticking Them Outdoors ( Springtime )
Had I Vegged Them More I'm Sure My Yield Would Have Been Higher. But Seven Seeds, One Died And I Got Four Females , Three Of Which Were Phenos. I Am Now Happy To Announce I Have A Veg Room At Last And I'd Like To Keep A Ortega Mom.
If I Had Ortega In My System Right Now I Would Still Be Fast Asleep. I'm Growing Different Strains At The Moment And Would Love To Get Something NICE Into My Tent.
I've Plenty Of Room At The Moment For A Couple More ( And New Carbon Filter To Boot).
JKP
 

Attachments

  • 12-2010feb2010_1016_017_.jpg
    12-2010feb2010_1016_017_.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 2010 Outdoor Ortegas- Late August.jpg
    2010 Outdoor Ortegas- Late August.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 71
  • April_1-_2011-_Ortega_Revegged_In_Bloom.jpg
    April_1-_2011-_Ortega_Revegged_In_Bloom.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Aug20-_Shit_Head.jpg
    Aug20-_Shit_Head.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Bbox XL- Wrapped.jpg
    Bbox XL- Wrapped.jpg
    782.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Casey Jones- Blue Chem-PsycosisxDeisel- Nov2011.jpg
    Casey Jones- Blue Chem-PsycosisxDeisel- Nov2011.jpg
    842.1 KB · Views: 31
  • New_Dripper_System-_Ortega-Garland_Tray.jpg
    New_Dripper_System-_Ortega-Garland_Tray.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Pheno_Ortega_-_Mid_October-_MNS_Naturaly.jpg
    Pheno_Ortega_-_Mid_October-_MNS_Naturaly.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 54
  • ortega-october_18-_red_hairs.jpg
    ortega-october_18-_red_hairs.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Oh_Teh_Gah_Ga_Ga_-_Oct_14-_Getting_Phat.jpg
    Oh_Teh_Gah_Ga_Ga_-_Oct_14-_Getting_Phat.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Reveg Ortega.jpg
    Reveg Ortega.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Gotta live the Gulf stream JKP . Still blows my mind that you can grow ANY weed except ruderalis at 51 degree latitude. The bottom of Tasmania is only 43 degrees latitude .
 
What about Ortega x Critical Mass Scorp? You like the sound of that cross ? Also Ortega x ASH ? Am I right in thinking Ortega has no skunk in her ?
 
What about Ortega x Critical Mass Scorp?
You like the sound of that cross ?
Also Ortega x ASH ? Am I right in thinking Ortega has no skunk in her ?
hey bucketbong
CM is basically Bigbud X Skunk#1
Ortega is Northern Lights 5.1
tradition says NL should be female and CM (sk) should be male in the cross...
Ortega is inbred and stabil
CM is an F1 hybrid.
The male should come from the best family ,and the female will be apparent when you see and smoke her.
CM has no NL in it.so yes I think if you matched the right parents you maybe able to have a good f1 seed.
************
************
ASH, (AfgSk/AfgHz) X Ortega (NL5.1)
Select the large cola berry smelling and fruity tasting females,
75%afghan

good luck
scorpion
 
Knowing CM as I do, I remember early on Nevil had crossed NL1 into Bigbud, something to the effect of NL1xBigbud x Bigbud.

But with genetics like the Ortega has (could it really be Nev's old NL seed stock Shanti selected and inbred to create "Ortega??") Is this what you mean with "NL 5.1", Scorpion?

Thank you again Scorpion for sharing this thread with us!

-CM
 
Knowing CM as I do, I remember early on Nevil had crossed NL1 into Bigbud, something to the effect of NL1xBigbud x Bigbud.

But with genetics like the Ortega has (could it really be Nev's old NL seed stock Shanti selected and inbred to create "Ortega??")
Is this what you mean with "NL 5.1", Scorpion?

Thank you again Scorpion for sharing this thread with us!

-CM
hi cm,
In the strain base Ortega is listed as NL1 x NL5 IBL...
yes I think NL5.1 is a very good way to write it based on what is written in the strain description.

scorpion
 
Now Scorp,

How I would love to see a Ortega Male crossed to the original 91 chemdog... gametime!
 
Happy Holidays Mr Nice Family...

Ortega has been well recieved by the medical community...
Preferred Hands Down over many California imports now flooding our market...
Better Luck next time...LOL
:D
 
Hammer Time

Ortega Indica makes an exceptional dry sieve,when done the correct way.
This pollen was so lovely I did a proper rub and the powder turn to a dark brown moldable putty that smokes like a dream and gives me a peaceful easy feeling.
Hammer Time!
Hammer_Time_Ortega_Indica_1.JPG

Hammer_Time_Ortega_Indica_2.JPG

Hammer_Time_Ortega_Indica_3.JPG

The Proof IS in the seed.

keep it green
:D
 
Awesome pics. Thanks!

Ive got a question about rubbing dry sift into putty. How long did that take you? Ive never tried that before, and may just give it a go.
 
Awesome pics. Thanks!

Ive got a question about rubbing dry sift into putty.
How long did that take you?
Ive never tried that before, and may just give it a go.
hi jr,
the time from powder in a jar to the nail was less than thirty minutes .
I put the powder in a celophane and applied heat and pressure from my hands.
then removed it and molded it with my hands.
cool huh?
:D
 
Awesome pics scorp. I couldn't get my head around those pics at first. I'd read the writing and looked at the pics but my criticaled brain couldn't link the two lol.

Great stuff

Fijian
 
Ortega Indica makes an exceptional dry sieve,when done the correct way.

Hello Scorpion,

I was curious what your idea of the correct way of making dry seive is as I have recently favored dry over bubble...mainly for the convenience...bubble can be quite the chore! Enjoy that dry seive man...Im gonna give the cellaphane thing a go next time I make some dry seive...thanks for the tip. Peace!
 
Hello Scorpion,

I was curious what your idea of the correct way of making dry seive is as I have recently favored dry over bubble...mainly for the convenience...bubble can be quite the chore! Enjoy that dry seive man...Im gonna give the cellaphane thing a go next time I make some dry seive...thanks for the tip. Peace!
hi greenfever,
for me the resin must be dry,aged well for at least a couple months,before it is removed from the plants,then again the loose resin should be aged in a clean dry container<glass> for a month or so. Then press the loose resin by hand to form a putty,now some resin will not press...it only clumps so choose the right stuff then have a hash pressin party...
I use my 220 micron bubble bag as a dry sifter,over a large glass table or mirror and you are set.
s
 
hi greenfever,
for me the resin must be dry,aged well for at least a couple months,before it is removed from the plants,then again the loose resin should be aged in a clean dry container<glass> for a month or so. Then press the loose resin by hand to form a putty,now some resin will not press...it only clumps so choose the right stuff then have a hash pressin party...
I use my 220 micron bubble bag as a dry sifter,over a large glass table or mirror and you are set.
s

Hey Scorpion,

Thanks man! Glad to hear I'm doin' it the right way ;) The only thing different for me is I'v been using the 120...I'll step it up to 220 for next time.

About the end-products texture/physical properties, I've found this to be true also with bubble even, as some strains would give a resinous product, some a rock hard/sandy product, and others a finer type product.

Thanks again man. Peace!
 
Im undecided... Im considering Mr. Nice ortega, G13skunk, and Black widow. I am also Considering tga's ace of spades, chernobyl, qrazy train, timewreck, and pandoras box. I want to choose three or four at the most. Im looking for #1 POTENCY, #2 RESIN CONTENT, AND #3 YIELD. any help would be great!! This is my 4th grow and ive done blue venom white russian and lemon skunk before but im looking to change it up with some new genetics, although russian has been my favorite so far. I love the resin production on the russian and im looking for something that is just as good or better... let me know!!
 
Back
Top