Mango Haze Inbred x AC Haze - Indoor “Organic” Coco LED Grow

Plants progressing nicely. I’m almost certain I don’t have the temp and humidity dialed in and I’ve struggled to find the best light height / intensity as well as find the sweet spot for watering enough but not too much (been watering too much) Dusting off the cobwebs to say the least but the plants are coming along nicely all things considered!! Will go digging for my temp / humidity readers and get the humidifier set up later today or tomorrow. I think that’ll help them start to grow much quicker.. that plus I’ve quit overwatering them and have the light somewhat dialled in. IMG_0909.jpeg
 
Last edited:
A snap from yesterday morning. Looking like there might be another casualty and we only end up with 16 of 18 making it. Two of those 16 looking like they’re about 7 days of growth behind their siblings. I haven’t given up on plant 17 just yet tho!
IMG_0931.jpeg
 
It doesn’t look like much change but they’ve grown quite a bit I just topped most of them so they look similar in size as the last photo.

IMG_0981.jpeg

I think I may skip the transplant to 1 gallon pots and go right into 3 gallon! I don’t want to waste days with them needing to rebound from the stress of multiple transplants and I’m itchin to get into flower sooner than later!!

I can’t have the plants getting unmanageably large and I’m not worried about trying to maximize yield. They will all be getting revegged until I’ve tested the bud and decided on keeper phenos. Then next time I grow out the winners I’ll take my time in veg to try and really fill some jars!!
 
Only able to get 10 of the 16 transplanted today. Will hit up the grow shop tomorrow for more pots & castings.
IMG_1059.jpeg
I considered 5 but 3 gallon looks to be the winner. Part of me wants to find a nice 4x4 or 5x5 (my dumb a$$ sold the one I had) but I’m leaning towards ditching the reflective tent walls and hanging my two ES 300s perpendicular to the bones of the current 2x4 & pretending she’s just a wall-less 4x4 or 5x5.

Roots were lookin nice and healthy.
IMG_1053.jpeg
I mixed the coco, worm castings and perlite together first. Roughly 55% coco to 20-25% worm castings and 20-25% perlite. Then each 3 gallon pot of that mix got a heaping half of a cup of Gia Green 4-4-4 all purpose dry amendments throughly mixed in!
 
Good start TGTDE, you haven't lost your touch.:)
Will you let them veg for much longer?
Your soil mix interests me, seems simple but effective.
Do you add anything other later on or is it only water from now on?
Plants and roots look very healthy.(y)
 
Good start TGTDE, you haven't lost your touch.:)
Will you let them veg for much longer?
Your soil mix interests me, seems simple but effective.
Do you add anything other later on or is it only water from now on?
Plants and roots look very healthy.(y)
Past grows I was having some issues but I forget exactly what. (I think it was nutrient uptake issues cause of the PH of the medium / the runoff. I remember I had been adding some dolomite lime and it had seemed to fix whatever the issue had been. I haven’t been able to find my container of dolomite lime so I’ve been rolling the dice without it.. (I believe the problem popped up in flower).

Normally I do this mixture in 5 or 7 gallon pots.. so using only 3 gallon with a strain that may flower longer than some of my past grows I’m anticipating needing to do a few compost teas along the way to try and avoid having them get too hungry / have any deficiencies pop up once in flower.

I’m not sure if my logic behind that thinking checks out or not but I’m all ears if any of you readers want to add your two cents!! Worst case I could do a few feeding with salts I had used my first grow or two before switching to the Gia Green.
 
Good start TGTDE, you haven't lost your touch.:)
Will you let them veg for much longer?
Your soil mix interests me, seems simple but effective.
Do you add anything other later on or is it only water from now on?
Plants and roots look very healthy.(y)
How much longer I let them veg is the million dollar question and I’m 1000% open to input from y’all !! I don’t want to end up with tiny plants or giant plants and who knows how many of the 16 will end up being female… 😬. I feel like if I let them get much larger I’ll have to put them in 5 gallon before switching to 12/12 but I have a few that are still real small and I wanted them getting to about the size the rest are at right now..

I may top the two highest tops on each of the taller plants (and remove the bottom two tops / branches before they get any larger.. ) it would slow their growth and allow the smaller plants to catch up while still giving each plant 4 main tops come harvest.. I’m really not sure the plan at the moment but I gotta figure it out in the next week or so or these plants could get up getting too large for the current containers…even if they don’t technically end up too large I don’t want to be watering 3x a day and topdressing twice a week or having to feed with a bunch of salts either to make sure they don’t end up tiny or because they’re growing into monsters.. the unknowns / the joys of growing a strain for a first time (with an unknown number of females) 😂. Whatever ultimately happens, happens. Even if it’s a tiny amount of bud I’m just aiming to keep the quality high as possible!
 
Last edited:
Past grows I was having some issues but I forget exactly what. (I think it was nutrient uptake issues cause of the PH of the medium / the runoff. I remember I had been adding some dolomite lime and it had seemed to fix whatever the issue had been. I haven’t been able to find my container of dolomite lime so I’ve been rolling the dice without it.. (I believe the problem popped up in flower).

Normally I do this mixture in 5 or 7 gallon pots.. so using only 3 gallon with a strain that may flower longer than some of my past grows I’m anticipating needing to do a few compost teas along the way to try and avoid having them get too hungry / have any deficiencies pop up once in flower.

I’m not sure if my logic behind that thinking checks out or not but I’m all ears if any of you readers want to add your two cents!! Worst case I could do a few feeding with salts I had used my first grow or two before switching to the Gia Green.
Making compost teas is certainly a good idea, make sure you are prepared to give them a bit in advance to cope with the stretch and early budding phase.
You don't want to wait until deficiencies show.
Pherhaps you can prepare some extra soil mix and put it on the top of current soil in a couple of weeks?
The level always drops and I always noticed a small boost in plants when I do this with plants that are in not oversized pots (more space for roots to colonize).
Scourcing some dolomite lime and applying it now or with the extra "top dressing" could also avoid problems later on in flower.
Thinking ahead is key imo.:)
You have a lot of experience already, I'm sure you will nail it.(y)
 
How much longer I let them veg is the million dollar question and I’m 1000% open to input from y’all !! I don’t want to end up with tiny plants or giant plants and who knows how many of the 16 will end up being female… 😬. I feel like if I let them get much larger I’ll have to put them in 5 gallon before switching to 12/12 but I have a few that are still real small and I wanted them getting to about the size the rest are at right now..

I may top the two highest tops on each of the taller plants (and remove the bottom two tops / branches before they get any larger.. ) it would slow their growth and allow the smaller plants to catch up while still giving each plant 4 main tops come harvest.. I’m really not sure the plan at the moment but I gotta figure it out in the next week or so or these plants could get up getting too large for the current containers…even if they don’t technically end up too large I don’t want to be watering 3x a day and topdressing twice a week or having to feed with a bunch of salts either to make sure they don’t end up tiny or because they’re growing into monsters.. the unknowns / the joys of growing a strain for a first time (with an unknown number of females) 😂. Whatever ultimately happens, happens. If if it’s a tiny amount of bud I’m just aiming to keep the quality high as possible!
I don't have any first hand experience with this strain but I've grown Shanti's hazes and they al excel in vigour.
Almost every grow I get caught by how fast they grow and seeing your plants develop I would assume that it will be the same.
I've done the exact same thing as you before and it worked out but even cutting them back isn't always a way to contain them.
The rootzone is very well established by then and you can count on it that they will bounce back with a vengeance.😄
If you want the plants to use the medium/nutrients to flower I would not wait much longer and go 12/12.
Look into the other threads of members who have grow this strain, that should help to make a decision.
I believe @Fish still has a mom or 2 and can give you some advice!

Looking forward to this grow, I loved MH inbred and coupled with the AC male this is🔥.
 
Transplant finally complete! For now I just raised the light higher, tilted it outward and cranked up the intensity thinking it should spread across all the plants decently until I have a minute to take the walls down and get a second light put up.

Plants that were transplanted yesterday are looking pretty happy / healthy. Some of these plants already have super strong looking knuckles! Hopefully a sign that they’re preparing to hold up some beefy sized buds a couple months from now!!
IMG_1081.jpeg
 
The post before this one was from yesterday afternoon. This morning while not in a rush for once I spotted a 9 finger fan leaf 👀.
Quite excited about this plant, really hope she’s a girl!! 😃 I think we’re gonna flip to a 12/12 light schedule on 10/10 (Oct 10th). That would be exactly one month from when most of these plants popped their heads out of the soil. IMG_1121.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top