Little Afghanica hunt

Ptree

2021 COE Winner
seeds.jpg

I am in need of some indica flowers for myself, and I see it would be usefull to do some G13 x Afghan Skunk grow to fill this part of forum.
Then, as an upcoming outdoor season is close behind the corner, I need to pick some pretty Nordle for sick friend.
There is also my christmass present of GrandDaddyPurple, strain that I have always wanted to see and taste for myself.

Do not expect huge selections, as I simply cannot do that from security perspective, even tho I used to do that in now distant past, but I would love to, believe me.

So I have handpicked 3 x 3 seeds and I will try to work with them in my obvious manner.. Ending with max. 5 flowering females...

I hope I can pick some serious Afghanica female ! And from my past grows with Mr.Nice seeds, Iam confident it can be done even in my small „selection“ as so far, all plants were superior in some way.

*also, If I get a chance and have some pretty Nordle male, I will try cross with GDP, so that I can make my own purple hybrid from those two, just for fun ;)

Last edited:
For tastes, smells and highs, I think you will be pleased with the G13 x Afghan Skunk. To combine the G13 with the venerable AS was a recipe for success. And after reading the G13xAC threads, that new G13 mom is quite impressive.

mu

For tastes, smells and highs, I think you will be pleased with the G13 x Afghan Skunk. To combine the G13 with the venerable AS was a recipe for success. And after reading the G13xAC threads, that new G13 mom is quite impressive.

mu
If not for outdoor and clones and things..
I would go for my recent auction grab.. G13 x Afghan Haze / planned for later.. ;)

Also my first look at G13

View attachment 69622

I am in need of some indica flowers for myself, and I see it would be usefull to do some G13 x Afghan Skunk grow to fill this part of forum.
Then, as an upcoming outdoor season is close behind the corner, I need to pick some pretty Nordle for sick friend.
There is also my christmass present of GrandDaddyPurple, strain that I have always wanted to see and taste for myself.

Do not expect huge selections, as I simply cannot do that from security perspective, even tho I used to do that in now distant past, but I would love to, believe me.

So I have handpicked 3 x 3 seeds and I will try to work with them in my obvious manner.. Ending with max. 5 flowering females...

I hope I can pick some serious Afghanica female ! And from my past grows with Mr.Nice seeds, Iam confident it can be done even in my small „selection“ as so far, all plants were superior in some way.

*also, If I get a chance and have some pretty Nordle male, I will try cross with GDP, so that I can make my own purple hybrid from those two, just for fun ;)

I freaking love this idea of the seperate shot glass idea!! Fair warning I’m going to steal it lol. So much more visually appealing and photogenic compared to how I separated my soaking seeds using red solo cups in my SSH grow. I’m going to be filming my Mango Haze x AC test grow and putting together a “Mr Canucks Grow” style YouTube video to document it, along side a thread on this site. Soaking in shot glasses like this will make for a great video clip to start the video off 😃, thanks!

I freaking love this idea of the seperate shot glass idea!! Fair warning I’m going to steal it lol. So much more visually appealing and photogenic compared to how I separated my soaking seeds using red solo cups in my SSH grow. I’m going to be filming my Mango Haze x AC test grow and putting together a “Mr Canucks Grow” style YouTube video to document it, along side a thread on this site. Soaking in shot glasses like this will make for a great video clip to start the video off 😃, thanks!
That is great :)
Hope you post shortcuts for the videos ;)

poting.jpg

All seeds are cracked, with tails of few milimetres on Nordles, bit bigger on G13 x AfSkunks, GDP cracked too, but one seed is still to show its tail..

So it was time tu put seeds in biocanna bioterra plus poting mix and feed each seed with 5ml of fresh water.

LEDs were set to output some 30W and now it is waiting time :)

..numbering is to be filled, by speed of heads up :)

0growlings.jpg

Iam telling you, you would love their weather conditions 26° 70% ;)
And all of this for some 40W of artifficial LED sun, as I have added 10W when I saw all up this morning..

I have tried the seedling stage without perlite.
So far 5ml of pure water twice a day per plantling is their life.
I will give them first bits of organics when all plantlings have true leaves.

BTW: all the plants are up and runing, just bit of stagnation of one GDP, but now it is all up.

Something interesting ?

There is always something,... :)
G13 x Afghan Skunks have most contrasty looking colors. Two most darkest and one most limegreen colours from them all. But the most importantly, there seems to be a lot of vigour in those 3.. They were also fastest to sprout and make cotyledons, thus simply most developed.

Oh, the Nordle 3 has purple cotyledons, was slowest and seems kinda drunk now, but will be fine :)

All around some fast, nice, springy looking plantlings :)

1.jpg

I hate to tell you, but fighting fungus gnats again :(

I will dyatomite them all . . .

Seedlings seems slowed down, first true leafs are weird looking on all plants, brown on deformed leafs edges...
And then litlle bitches flies all over the place :(

And I even did not overwatered the plants !!

Maybe my last batch of biocanna bag seems full of these creatures ??
Yeah, I know, I got warned earlier....

(again and again, I cannot make seedling stage perfection ever again :()

I will post photo once recovered.. Hopefully !!
(and will make photo for comparison)

What would you do with the bag? I still have about 30litres of this canna mix...
Is there a way to treat it? Or should you just throw it away ?

you can get nematodes for the soil to fight the gnats. You can probably also cook the soil in various ways. Diatomaceous earth is a good way to fight them. yellow mats help. spraying with neem oil (and other essential oils) helps. But mostly, you are probably overwatering your seedlings and therefore getting these shitty gnats. - i make the same mistake everytime as well and always have gnats with seedlings.

you can get nematodes for the soil to fight the gnats. You can probably also cook the soil in various ways. Diatomaceous earth is a good way to fight them. yellow mats help. spraying with neem oil (and other essential oils) helps. But mostly, you are probably overwatering your seedlings and therefore getting these shitty gnats. - i make the same mistake everytime as well and always have gnats with seedlings.
Thanks,..
So I will get some NEEM oil for future use, and I will aplly dyatomite today...

I will also buy some Nematodes if I find.

And plants will be spraied with cannacure...

I was watering by injection this time.. :( SAD really

I hate to tell you, but fighting fungus gnats again :(

I will dyatomite them all . . .

Seedlings seems slowed down, first true leafs are weird looking on all plants, brown on deformed leafs edges...
And then litlle bitches flies all over the place :(

And I even did not overwatered the plants !!

Maybe my last batch of biocanna bag seems full of these creatures ??
Yeah, I know, I got warned earlier....

(again and again, I cannot make seedling stage perfection ever again :()

I will post photo once recovered.. Hopefully !!
(and will make photo for comparison)

What would you do with the bag? I still have about 30litres of this canna mix...
Is there a way to treat it? Or should you just throw it away ?

Maybe you can find some useful informations at the following link (y)

Hello @PtreeCi,

Sorry to hear about your problems, I also had this problem with different brands of soil.
If I start seedlings I put them in dirt that I heat treated in the oven.
I place the soil, evenly spread around 2cm thick, in the baking tray and let it "cook" for 1h at 80°C.
After that I turn the oven off and let it cool down with the door closed.
After rehydrating I use this soil for the seedling stage. Once they have a decent root system I plant them in the same untreathed soil with no more problems. I do hang a couple of sticky yellow fly traps to monitor what insects are around.

You can somewhat test your soil in advance, fill a couple of small pots with the soil and water well. Cover them of with some cellophane and puncture small holes in them to let the dirt breath somewhat and place them in a dark and warm spot for 10 days. After that I check if I see small translucent worms on the surface. I also poke around the dirt somewhat so see if I can find any. These worms become fungus gnats.

Hope it helps.

Hello @PtreeCi,

Sorry to hear about your problems, I also had this problem with different brands of soil.
If I start seedlings I put them in dirt that I heat treated in the oven.
I place the soil, evenly spread around 2cm thick, in the baking tray and let it "cook" for 1h at 80°C.
After that I turn the oven off and let it cool down with the door closed.
After rehydrating I use this soil for the seedling stage. Once they have a decent root system I plant them in the same untreathed soil with no more problems. I do hang a couple of sticky yellow fly traps to monitor what insects are around.

You can somewhat test your soil in advance, fill a couple of small pots with the soil and water well. Cover them of with some cellophane and puncture small holes in them to let the dirt breath somewhat and place them in a dark and warm spot for 10 days. After that I check if I see small translucent worms on the surface. I also poke around the dirt somewhat so see if I can find any. These worms become fungus gnats.

Hope it helps.
Seems good... Will try next time..

I bought nematodes, so I let dirt get more drier than normal and pour nematodes into it...
I have used dyatomite today...
So I better take the upper part with it away first :)

Today I took closer look at plants to care a bit.

Diatomiting + Neem drench seems to work pretty well for upper parts..
But I saw gnats still fly here and there. I discovered they are runing thru holes of the pots in bottom..

So I made repoting into new media, this time coco mixed with some wormhumus and perlite.
Also I have yet again disinfect whole tent.

I have observed roots of the plants, and as I expected, Nordles and GDPs have won the fight..
The G13AS are still in batlle, they were most vital from the start and that seems to atract fuck*ng gnats, now they dont have healthy (*if any*) roots
:( :(

Iam so pissed, I even wanted to prepare new G13AS seeds, but I got a lot of time, so I wanna try one-two more weeks, if they get up.
I think they only live from me spraing Cannacure...
I hate GNATS !!!!!!!!

-praying for G13s get up
-top GDP will be probably naturally discarded
-Nordles got up and runing

G13AS / GDP / Nordle row

gpn.jpg

Last edited:
they are so damn destructive. i feel your pain. - fack the gnats. Have you tried the potato-strategy yet? you can ( i havent tested this one myself yet) cut a potato in slices, and lay them on top of the soil. apparently the gnat larvae are attracted to it, and you can remove them that way.

But yeah, i wouldnt expect affected plants to recover too much. best to start a new batch probably. - but if you do, dont keep the infected plants near, obviously. Gnats just suck dude.

they are so damn destructive. i feel your pain. - fack the gnats. Have you tried the potato-strategy yet? you can ( i havent tested this one myself yet) cut a potato in slices, and lay them on top of the soil. apparently the gnat larvae are attracted to it, and you can remove them that way.

But yeah, i wouldnt expect affected plants to recover too much. best to start a new batch probably. - but if you do, dont keep the infected plants near, obviously. Gnats just suck dude.
I heard of it, but you have to throw them away once and every while...
I kept with diatomite and neem oil so far...

Waiting till my garden plants are prepared, and then I will make nematodes...

Yeas, they are making quite havoc this time around...

Never was so bad with theese creatures for me :(

I had fungus gnats for a long time. The only thing that really helped was nematodes. Yellow stickers, sand and neem oil only worked within limits, but after applying nematodes, a week later no gnats anymore.
I have only read about them.

Right now, Iam preparing media, so it will be ready when needed...
And I think I will water it by these nematodes to make sure Iam transplanting into clean medium.

Last edited:
Back