Hunting through some Shit in kiwi-land

legacy.cannabis.nz

Greetings MNS forum crew.

Inspired by its rich history, those nostalgic smells from the 90s, short flowering times and a stunning grow diary from pforum, I had to get some SHIT in my life.

This diary will be a slow-burn as this is not my only seed line I am currently hunting through.

I started my Shit journey with popping 10 seeds:
IMG_20240404_151914.jpg

They have been fun to watch spring into life and take their various shapes. While there was different phenos to find - these are identified by only subtle differences - each seed retains a nice uniform height, and indica dominant structure.
They are vigorous, very willing to grow, and with some nice ease, handing any fluctuations of nutrients I throw at them retaining their deep green lush growth with ease.
The lighting again, doesn't do justice, these are the 10 Shits in the veg tester tent:
IMG_20240424_153058.jpg IMG_20240424_153104.jpg

I was lazy getting any more shots of them vegging. I took clones one evening, and became overwhelmed with the smells of this strain, from classic skunky acrid smells to some very fruity skunk smells.. these made me excited ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿค™

Upon week 2 of flowering I removed 4 males to a different room (to test run elsewhere) and have been left with 5 gorgeous females and 1 i am keeping a watchful eye on.. its got some deceiving or questioning looking bracts.

These are the 5/6 females at the end of week 2 of 12/12:
IMG_20240525_125110.jpg

These are the males in a different room, beginning a reveg. To note - I have cut their lead stems of the males to control the spread of pollen, but got an insight to what to expect. I will do smell tests, and give them a hard examine of their growth structure and try to narrow it down to the best 1 or two Males i want to move forward with.
IMG_20240525_131745.jpg

This is where I have made it to so far, I will continue to update results as i find them.. i have more of these seeds to hunt as i go too.

I hope you enjoy. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿค™

Greetings MNS forum crew.

Inspired by its rich history, those nostalgic smells from the 90s, short flowering times and a stunning grow diary from pforum, I had to get some SHIT in my life.

This diary will be a slow-burn as this is not my only seed line I am currently hunting through.

I started my Shit journey with popping 10 seeds:
View attachment 86462

They have been fun to watch spring into life and take their various shapes. While there was different phenos to find - these are identified by only subtle differences - each seed retains a nice uniform height, and indica dominant structure.
They are vigorous, very willing to grow, and with some nice ease, handing any fluctuations of nutrients I throw at them retaining their deep green lush growth with ease.
The lighting again, doesn't do justice, these are the 10 Shits in the veg tester tent:
View attachment 86463 View attachment 86464

I was lazy getting any more shots of them vegging. I took clones one evening, and became overwhelmed with the smells of this strain, from classic skunky acrid smells to some very fruity skunk smells.. these made me excited ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿค™

Upon week 2 of flowering I removed 4 males to a different room (to test run elsewhere) and have been left with 5 gorgeous females and 1 i am keeping a watchful eye on.. its got some deceiving or questioning looking bracts.

These are the 5/6 females at the end of week 2 of 12/12:
View attachment 86465

These are the males in a different room, beginning a reveg. To note - I have cut their lead stems of the males to control the spread of pollen, but got an insight to what to expect. I will do smell tests, and give them a hard examine of their growth structure and try to narrow it down to the best 1 or two Males i want to move forward with.
View attachment 86466

This is where I have made it to so far, I will continue to update results as i find them.. i have more of these seeds to hunt as i go too.

I hope you enjoy. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿค™

Good luck for your :poop: hunt ;)

I bet you find a real treasure (y)

MB

Some up close shots of the different phenos of Shit females found so far at week 2.
Looking forward to seeing these kick in to some big skunky heads

Attachments

• IMG_20240525_123437.jpg
    IMG_20240525_123437.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240525_123442.jpg
    IMG_20240525_123442.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240525_123510.jpg
    IMG_20240525_123510.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240525_123449.jpg
    IMG_20240525_123449.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240525_123458.jpg
    IMG_20240525_123458.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
IMG_20240605_113838.jpg
Shit females 1 to 6 halfway through week 4 of 12/12
These girls are a pleasure to grow.

I have selected 2 male SHITs I am keen to test run some breeding with. Both had smells as good as the females... Heavy Dank, fruity, skunky, cat piss. All the males had a nice short structure.. so along with good smells i selected one of each - a broad leaflet afghanica style one and a more narrow leaflet, (sativa leaning) nice serrations, and short node spacing. The remaining two males I culled.

What females I end up keeping will boil entirely down to flavour and high... I like long lengthy highs that pack a medical punch ๐Ÿ‘Š. The best 1 or 2 of this bunch will be kept while i hunt through more seeds.

Not a dumb question Mu... At all..
Giving these girls just over night since my last check has bought pleasant surprises the next day.. these Shits grow quick!! Il give them 1 or 2 more days between next photos.

Diesel and Mu i find checking plants firssst thing in the morning they are at their smelliest, and by 9am they have released those terpenes.. u want an extrrma terpy havest - harvest at 3am to 5am ๐Ÿ‘Œ.. anyway checking my room early morning.. there were all sorts of smells.. really fruity snells i get from most, and the char dank.. really strong. Some have an almost sweet afghan floral smell with burnt char.
I think the best smells are still to come in 14 days or so.. these things are booting it into biig heads

They look great! I had to re-secure the ductwork on my fan/scrubber yesterday bc the stench at 3.5 weeks was obvious. I naturally assumed yours were off gasing big time being more mature and looking at the pictures lol. Just as lights and fan come on is the best โ€œviewingโ€ time as the air is thick ๐Ÿ˜

mu

IMG_20240612_153636.jpg
A quick update on the Shit girls cos I said I would. They are looking better everyday.
There is 1, maybe 2 phenos that are beginning to express pink hairs. I will get some night shots in the next few days to hone in and show.

I attempted to stem rub one of the afghan leaning phenos and i could hardly find any stem to rub lol.. all stacked up thick with flowers ๐Ÿ‘Œ
This is going to be tough to pick keepers i can tell.

Smells combined from this line are overwhelmingly fruity and some kind of nostalgic sour dankness i cant yet put my finger on

To me with my naked eye - the flowers dramatically swelled... Trying to portray that with photos... I struggle. Ideally i should have taken lights off photos for better visual quality.

One pheno grew a bit taller too - that narrow leaflet one.
Il try and get the said shot tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚

Today is one of those days i just cant hold a steady enough hand to take a decent shot.
IMG_20240620_161202.jpg
1 Pheno with pink pistels like i used to find on those old Afghani lines - she smells just like them too - Sweet, Floral, hashy. I will keep this one as breeding stock for a plant that is the closest to that pure afghan line as i remember, that i have found in over 10 years.
IMG_20240620_161605.jpg
IMG_20240620_161852.jpg
IMG_20240620_161832.jpg
IMG_20240620_161820.jpg
๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿ‘†The most sativa leaning hybrid pheno i have found, looks like she might take a while longer to flower than the others, we will see though

Back