Hunting through some Shit in kiwi-land

Day 45 since sign of of first flowers for these Shits.
4 out of 6 of these are most certainly going to be finished in 10 more days. 1 pheno is finished. And the last pheno the Narrow leaflet looks to have at least 4 more weeks.

The pink haired pheno and 1 other pheno have unfortunately farted out bananas on me right in the centers of their main heads. This makes my culling and selection decisions more simplified.

4 out of 6 of these phenos smell bang on like the old Afghani variety i loved in the early days, pure sweet floral, hashy tones distinctive affie imo.
2 phenos on the other hand are quite fruity.. tangy fruit. 2
Pheno has that dark burnt rubber, coffee grinds, bitter, but delightful at the same time

Im happy with my finds so far in my journey, but i do think the real specials finds are still in seed form in my fridge waiting to be found ๐Ÿง.

The testers will get further testing in living soil and hydroponic mediums as i progress.

Much fun.
IMG_20240628_184357.jpg
IMG_20240628_184323.jpg
IMG_20240628_184334.jpg
IMG_20240628_184306.jpg

Easty and Diesel
Thats really cool aye. I never got to grow Shark back then, but id almost put money on the smells in my room taking you back to that era alone ๐Ÿ™‚. I have a very soft spot in my heart for the Afghani's back in those times, and its quite cool to be able to distinctly smell it in the Shit line and to think, Shanti and Neville's afghani selection must have been nearly identical to what we in NZ consider and selected to it to be.

To update the minor progress:
Upon inspection the pink haired Shit (#4) had turned more into banana production, and the middle buds were beginning to express them. She was culled yesterday at day 45.
I got my book to note this, and as it turns out, in the very early days of ID'ing sex - I had already noted that pheno as a possible herm. So it does show early less so than at the end of its life.
Typically bananas tend to have minimal specs of pollen, I have not noted any pregnant Shits yet... But maybe there will be a seed or two to find... I will eat those seeds if I find them ๐Ÿ˜.

Easty and Diesel
Thats really cool aye. I never got to grow Shark back then, but id almost put money on the smells in my room taking you back to that era alone ๐Ÿ™‚. I have a very soft spot in my heart for the Afghani's back in those times, and its quite cool to be able to distinctly smell it in the Shit line and to think, Shanti and Neville's afghani selection must have been nearly identical to what we in NZ consider and selected to it to be.

To update the minor progress:
Upon inspection the pink haired Shit (#4) had turned more into banana production, and the middle buds were beginning to express them. She was culled yesterday at day 45.
I got my book to note this, and as it turns out, in the very early days of ID'ing sex - I had already noted that pheno as a possible herm. So it does show early less so than at the end of its life.
Typically bananas tend to have minimal specs of pollen, I have not noted any pregnant Shits yet... But maybe there will be a seed or two to find... I will eat those seeds if I find them ๐Ÿ˜.
Loved the Afghan that was around early 2000s stinky pink haired frosty nugs, never suffered from mold, first time I smoked it was like everything was in slow motion ๐Ÿ˜€

Shit yeah you could notice the smell and taste everyone just called it Afghan.
The seed was straight from Afghanistan thank you NZ Army.
Very cool we (fish and eazy) are all reminiscing about the same cut!
It was great wasnt it! Eazy described it well.

Fish, i did not realise its true history, via the NZ army, straight from Afghanistan, very cool. I just assumed it came from the Amsterdam seedbank in the post.

I reckon someone, somewhere, will have that pink affie cut still. The old Jack from that era still lives, but is very closely guarded by a horder lol

Fish, i did not realise its true history, via the NZ army, straight from Afghanistan, very cool. I just assumed it came from the Amsterdam seedbank in the post.

I reckon someone, somewhere, will have that pink affie cut still. The old Jack from that era still lives, but is very closely guarded by a horder lol
She was a real lung expander, I'm sure it's still around if you dig deep enough. One of those plants you don't realize how good it was until you can't find anything that's comes close to it, hope you find something similar in ๐Ÿ’ฉ they definitely have a similar look about them

Not sure itโ€™s the true history of the certain cut but I know at the same time certain people from a certain area ๐Ÿ˜‰ was in a certain place in Asia and brought back some seeds that started a little business venture for a reasonable group of people. Any more info may incriminate ๐Ÿ˜‰. Haha. Small place this NZ.

Pheno 6 - Keeper (the only one)
Shit
Well finished at day 50 - to 55max

Smells of sweet tangy fruits, and a dank fuel, skunk over powering those fruits.
This pheno particularly impressed me with her huge globby trichs, and chunky full sets of flowers

In the other phenos I have found 2 hermaphrodites one with just bananas, the other with full male flowers in the bracts, these are now culled.
I have one pheno still running that looks like it will be ready at day 60 to 65.
The narrow leaflet pheno (also still alive) is not impressing me as it once did, the flowers seem quite larfy, under developed, airy.. and she seems finished up, im going to keep pushing her to see if she bulks out some more with extra time. Im sceptical it will.

Attachments

• IMG_20240705_120200.jpg
    IMG_20240705_120200.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
Smoke report - Shit Pheno 6 (Keeper)

This pheno was to this point selected as the keeper purely for its structural growth, and nice big trichomes.
Many other the other shit phenos hunted all finished very fast, but didnt fill out very well, some with high leaf to calyx ratios, others with less full flowers. The entire line had good trich production, but pheno 6 seemed to have it all to me. A nice 50:50 leaf to calyx ratio, which in turn produce nice full nuggety flowers. It also had a stunning trich production, glistening with big sparkly trichs easily seen by the naked eye.

Surprising to me, Pheno 6 continued to tick boxes following dry and cure of approximately 3 weeks. Pheno 6 smells alot like "Hi-Chew" grape lollies
download_5_065d8bb2-a014-4f3b-a63d-2c4d7bd98639.jpg

like no mistaking. It is a fruity delight.

Other Shit pheno smells range from Fruit + Permanent marker to clsssic sweet afghan.

The high from pheno 6 is niiiice and stoney, relaxing, sleepy. Particularly after smoking on various racey phenos of Nevilles haze, Shit is a niiice slowdown.20240720_185935.jpg
20240720_190009.jpg
20240720_190249.jpg

Beautiful looking plants there mate ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘€
I never had any pink or purple haired plants before, only ever white, and on your pink haired girl, she even looks like she's got an overall pinkish sheen to her......looks beautiful.
Imagine if the pink one smelt like strawberry too. It would be truly mouth (and eye) watering โœŒ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘

Smoke report - Shit Pheno 6 (Keeper)

This pheno was to this point selected as the keeper purely for its structural growth, and nice big trichomes.
Many other the other shit phenos hunted all finished very fast, but didnt fill out very well, some with high leaf to calyx ratios, others with less full flowers. The entire line had good trich production, but pheno 6 seemed to have it all to me. A nice 50:50 leaf to calyx ratio, which in turn produce nice full nuggety flowers. It also had a stunning trich production, glistening with big sparkly trichs easily seen by the naked eye.

Surprising to me, Pheno 6 continued to tick boxes following dry and cure of approximately 3 weeks. Pheno 6 smells alot like "Hi-Chew" grape lollies
View attachment 89617

like no mistaking. It is a fruity delight.

Other Shit pheno smells range from Fruit + Permanent marker to clsssic sweet afghan.

The high from pheno 6 is niiiice and stoney, relaxing, sleepy. Particularly after smoking on various racey phenos of Nevilles haze, Shit is a niiice slowdown.View attachment 89616
View attachment 89615
View attachment 89614
Delicious mate ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Its probably the fumes coming from the Shit shimmering like the hot desert ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Back