• MrNice will have maintenance starting Tuesday, until Sunday. Update includes loading speed optimization, platform and plugins updates. Forum may be losed for few minutes intermittently.

Homework for the Homeboys

Proud Kraut

See i like to learn a lot about stuff i find interesting to say the least, so i thought i start to share some sources along the way that relate and hope you will chime in with what you come or came across.

Already took a deep dive into the Blast from the Past thread...now its time for present and future...

Starting this one up with the good ol' The Pot Cast - since another great soul gave me the hint at this format i been checking it out heavily. Perfect for getting lit and taking a long walk in the woods listening...or studying at home while doing the dishes type of sh-t.

Feel free to drop any realting format jpg/pdf/mp3-4... but please take the time do so with a few words so the user can check whats up contentwise before downloading a blind date...

Introduction:
This is the latest EP (88.5) second part with NPECTA from Humboldt CSI dropping in for a chat. We've got a NL5/ Nevil/ Shantibaba/ MNS question popping up @minute 83:00 so beeing on the CSI and the MNS gear recently this was a nice webbing of the www. Just gave it its first ***** rating...
making da stars glow ;)

Protip:
Listen always with podtail it got a skipping function where you can jump 15 secs back and forth what makes catching stuff easy on your mobile without trying to catch that exact second again but ending up hrs beyond...i figured it helps me a lot...

Last edited:
Really wonder what this is about...SSHz S1 from '98 makes sense but the claim goes further...
@shantibaba @musashi

This thinking that we are unfulfilled as "it has got to be greener and better over there" has got us all walking around with empty pockets and sore asses from all the commercial rogering. Many companies these days make outlandish claims like those burger ads on tv. When you actually buy the product, it isn't anything like the big, juicy burger pictured in the ad.
Only way to find out- buy it, grow it, compare it, tell us what it is like. You first, haha.
Is this guy inferring that he made the cross that won the cups?
Nostalgia aside, with so much to choose from, there is nothing wrong with the smoke of today. The integrity of the purveyors of such may be another question entirely.

IMG_5585.JPG

mu

@musashi thanks but ill pass on those. If i can get regs from the source i always get regs from the source and yes he seems to claim he made SSH (!) - thats where i started to stutter...
found this website looking for Lucky Dog gear and also checked out his stuff. Thats where i got confronted with these wild claims.
I think the grass is pretty green on this side... ;)

@pleased420 exactly, Heavy Dayze is the host of the show and he never fails to ask just the right questions, i think an episode with @shantibaba is long overdue especially after the mentioning in the last EP. don't you think? He hails from Australia and stuff like Mullumbimby Madness pops up on a regular basis as a topic on certain episodes so i think that one would be a natural thing.

As i was talking about the benefits of Gypsum earlier i want to share the source of info behind it:

I have already used Gypsum (doesnt matter where you buy it as long as it is what it says) successfully as a watered in topdress (3 tablespoons per 6,5L pot) experiencing a major deficiency of CalMag under fullspec LED- another benefit is the addition of sulfur contained it gypsum and not mentioned in the link, it does contribute to terpene production.

best-family-guy-gifs-monkey.gif

First Smoke of the Day

Hosted by Blackleaf & Packgods is one of my favorite formats out there. They have many many great episodes and starting the day with these guys and hittibg the vape while having and some coffee or tea is just my way to go...i'll link my favorite Episode with Dragonfly Earth Medicine they're just as Radagast as me when i come to nature and organics and havebto say i love these guys!
Great info, best vibes, nuttin but luv.
Check them out you wont be disappointed if you love Cannabis and want to stay on top of your game... ;)

Another must watch Episode is the Notill Kings facility tour...

To be continued...

Last edited:
And another one...Terra Preta will be the next level of Cannabis farming...

Edit: I had chosen this vid before actually watching it because it was in english. Now that i am watching it i may add the way that he does it is not the way taught by many others yet very neat and cenveniant, actually seems to be spot on all from his ressources around he burns the wood in a Huegelbeet type of situation and seems to be stacking the layers from there...do not try this in your 4x4!
Usually wood is burned in absence of excess oxygen and beeing activated by addition of water. This opens up the pores. Next step is breaking down the activated charcoal and infusing it with a living nutrient charge building a biofilm.
Now you have the major ingredient, Preta of the Terra so to say...

Last edited:
This one is special. He says it all and a little extra, don't miss out on thefreestepupyourgameclass...
Biochar 1x1
You actually will be abled to make your own effectively in a DIY scenario after watching this and the best thing is you will actually know why you do what in the process...youll be flexin on the growmies like Radagast...

Nice you made it @longball good find, exact resemblance! Looks like your on the desirable end.of the spectrum ;)
I like the black and white plates.
The simplicity of the design and rich contrast makes it easy to understand certain aspects of the game especially the layers of structure. The plate to the right for example is to be found in a few other publications and shows the exact configuration of the plants extremities in a neat way.

Tafel02_3.jpg

By the way this publication has more pages to offer and you can also download every picture you like with rightclick on the plate and save as...

Some years ago when i was super stuck on specs and grow reviews when researching for the jump to a more effective lighting system, especially LED, which i ended choosing, there also was another interesting competitor...the Plasma light. Almost mythical at that time, it could've been the best or worst choice ever. No info found besides some buying offers from no name manufacturers.
Now i actually found two different growers estimatedly using plasmas with good success, one mentioned the brand he uses, so i thought i'd share it real quick. The first time i hear about biomimicry in the cannabis context but exactly where the road is heading for me...

Any of you guys have some experience with Plasma lights in general? Im curious what we will hear from them in the future...

spectrum-graphic-202207-768x451.jpg

Last edited:
Some years ago when i was super stuck on specs and grow reviews when researching for the jump to a more effective lighting system, especially LED, which i ended choosing, there also was another interesting competitor...the Plasma light. Almost mythical at that time, it could've been the best or worst choice ever. No info found besides some buying offers from no name manufacturers.
Now i actually found two different growers estimatedly using plasmas with good success, one mentioned the brand he uses, so i thought i'd share it real quick. The first time i hear about biomimicry in the cannabis context but exactly where the road is heading for me...

Any of you guys have some experience with Plasma lights in general? Im curious what we will hear from them in the future...

spectrum-graphic-202207-768x451.jpg
Only thing missing are white led in the graph to see where it compares.

Only thing missing are white led in the graph to see where it compares.

Usually what we perceive as 'white' LED is leaning towards the blue spectrum.
Last time that i checked the blue white Diodes have been the most effective when it comes to electrical current translating into photone production so it makes for a good performance on paper but what we all look for is actual bud development, so this is to consider as one of the usual designs to make a fixture appear better that in may be. I am not the one to say it is not, impossible to compare everything at one point we have to choose.

Here is a comparison for a typical and proven 'fullspec' LED that is 5+yrs old, im sure we can find many others with slightly different specs that are not too far away.
With this spectrum (400-730nm) with peaks at 600+ the light will appear like in the evening in fall, with an orange edge to it.

s4w_datenblatt_12209.jpg

Last edited:
Back