Garlic Bud?

lark5

Who can tell me something about this strain? It is on my wish list. Thank you for any knowledge. Much appreciated.

I do not know a whole lot about this, but to the best of my knowledge it is an old school afgani which was known to be particularly pungent. I have only known of one person who has grown this stuff and they kept it for family only. Sensi's Shiva Shanti is a cross with lineage coming from this strain. Wish I had more to add, hopefully someone else can fill us in.

EC

Thank you for the kind reply EC. The history behind this strain caught my attention. Will look good in my collection.:)

Hi all :)
Below is a link with further information on garlic bud if anyone is interested. A few years ago now I worked with a local line that seemingly took ages to finish. When sampled it was very much garlic in taste, and I had ultimately hybridized it with an Indica dominant MNS F1 Mango Haze. Maybe one day Ill see what comes of this union?

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=1187&highlight=garlic

Hi JessE,
Thank you very much for the link to older thread. Especially for the pic from the original Seed Bank catalog. I learned a lot, and am envious. Glad to learn that Shantibaba saved the original genetics. Preserving some of those old lines has turned into a hobby, and knowing the history is priceless. Ordered some last night.
Best regards:)

ya thanks for the read jesse
its incredible ive been here for months and almost daily i find a great thread buried somewhere.

didnt nev use to offer this back at the seedbank?

shiva shiva''

I miss the garlic or garlic honney clone i once had, and through doing abit of home'work found out that indeed the SHIVA SHANTI has this taste amongst it,

And apparently theres a pink pheno amongst the seeds, just the tops turn pink around 7-8wks flower, this one tastes extremely yummy and to touch and feel the dried bud is like guri type weed, dry yet so sticky it mimicks not being dry to the untrained eye of course.

Last edited:
ok bambi, help jar my brain again. you speak of a yummy shiva but which one was nasty strong in flavor and aroma? shiva skunk could've been the name but i can't swear to it. peace-biteme

ok bambi, help jar my brain again. you speak of a yummy shiva but which one was nasty strong in flavor and aroma? shiva skunk could've been the name but i can't swear to it. peace-biteme

ha'' jarhead''

I have it on good info that the yummy one i spoke of is the pink pheno plant amonst the shiva shanti, however yes im only 90% sure of this, and it could be amongst the first SHIVA created,? - A old pal of mine was growing this pink plant and gave me a story that he and his mates made it about 10-15 year ago, this has been around this region for atleast 10 yrs, on further investagation i found out my old pal knows absolutley jack shit of breeding a plant, let alone interbreeding it like i was led to believe, taken me a few years to get to a true conclusion like this, liars just arent cool are they,

Id say my mate picked up the seeds from sensi seeds many moons ago, fuck now i need to find out exactly when the first shiva was made, and have asked shanti by p/m, nevil probably had input there also i suspect'

Last edited:
Garlic bud came from Jim Ortega, as did Maple Leaf. You'll notice from the photo of pure Garlic from my old catalogue, how similar it is in structure to the Skunk#1. I suspect they have a common ancestry. I think of Garlic as a pre-Sam Skunk, but maybe Jim knows more.
In any case, the two crossed well together.
Further improvements may be made by putting the hybrid to Super Skunk. The latest versions will add resin and richer smells to the mix. For the lovers of Skunkoids, there is plenty of good material to play with. UK Cheese may also benifit from a cross to the Garlic line. They are all variations on a theme. Beginners stuff really, but not to be sneezed at. For many, it's where the money is. Heavy yielding, clean limbed Skunkoids make good breeding material.
N.

Garlic bud came from Jim Ortega, as did Maple Leaf. You'll notice from the photo of pure Garlic from my old catalogue, how similar it is in structure to the Skunk#1. I suspect they have a common ancestry. I think of Garlic as a pre-Sam Skunk, but maybe Jim knows more.
Further improvements may be made by putting the hybrid to Super Skunk. The latest versions will add resin and richer smells to the mix. For the lovers of Skunkoids, there is plenty of good material to play with. UK Cheese may also benifit from a cross to the Garlic line. They are all variations on a theme. Beginners stuff really, but not to be sneezed at. For many, it's where the money is. Heavy yielding, clean limbed Skunkoids make good breeding material.
N.

Thanks matey, jim ortega eh' - maple leaf id love to try out one of these days,is the maple leaf a light green plant? - just wondering why some peeps would call it clover bud where i used to live,

Tell me what do you mean by Clean limbed,? i think i know what ya mean'

skunkoids yes - can you tell me why only the latest versions of super skunk be used though, ive a couple of s/skunks that have been around my parts for roughly 6'yrs im told, ive had it for 3half yrs, extremely sticky and smell is right up there on a high scale, alas it seems to stretch too much with most hybrids ive tried out, ive not seen todays versins of super skunk,

I find breeding a heavy yielding plant the easiest to accomplish really,getting the right traits i want not so easy.

N.

Could you tell me if I am right when I think I can see some similarities between Garlic Bud and Critical Mass?
Is there any GB in CM?

Peace.

K.

Thanks for your input Nev, this has shined a lot of light into things people have wanted to know about for a long time.

Any chance you still have a way to contact Jim Ortega? I would personally like to thank this man! I don't think many people had ever heard of this guy, including me, but it seems he should get some serious recognition.

Thanks everyone for the great thread.

N.

Actually I just harvested quite a few Garlic Bud dominant phenos from my Skunks and you my friend will be the sole benefactor of these fine gems once again.
ortega

Last edited:
Back