G13 x Afghan Skunk - Let the games begin

View attachment 58651

There's a saying "Man plans and G1d laughs." and it summarizes my past weeks a bit lol
Thanks to The Almighty, I became a father again and it has put some things on hold for a while. The plant turned into a beautiful mini-tree by now (a bit over 1m), there are 8 side branches that are almost as strong as the main stem. Sunday we'll start 12/12 together with some of those SDF2 plants that have been growing nicely. I'll start another thread for that batch, some interesting stuff in there. I'll post another picture after her final haircut and neem shower. Those thrips have done and are still doing some damage unfortunately..
Congrats my bro . And that is a beauty of a plant.

20220411_035119.jpg

One final shot before the final decapitation.. If I wanted to, I could take at least 50 clones from this plant.
It's been a bit of a challenge switching from "practically only autoflowers" to "nothing but photoperiods" but it's been great to be around some more forgiving plants LOL
The only artificial light I'm using is an 8W CFL bulb to keep the room lit 24/7. March is usually the month that it starts clearing up over here but this year it was really cold and we had almost no sunshine. I wanted to start 12/12 in March but had to postpone it because of the weather. The past 2 weeks have been excellent however and the garden is enjoying it :)

Last edited:
Finally started 12/12 day before yesterday..
The room didn't get 100% dark because of some light that came through the blinds.

These plastic plates are getting taped on the doors and windows.. tested it and the room got pitch dark, satisfied with it so far.

20220609_053229.jpg

20220609_053212.jpg

Extra duct tape will be needed.. More plant pics in the coming days

20220616_215146.jpg

After my initial f-up grow with this strain, I thought it’d be best to honour it first with another attempt before trying another strain.

It’s looking good so far, I didn’t gas them or overwater them yet so patting myself on the back 😊 17 of the 18 seeds germinated, 16 are visible in this pic and #17 is in another tray trying to get its head above the ground. I’ll give #18 a few more days but have little hope it will germinate.

Blessings for the weekend!

20220619_155508.jpg

The mini-tree turns out to be a male, unfortunately some longballs started appearing... Seems like I've been taking care of a boy for 9 months but since I'm a father of (so far) only girls, I'll see it as an omen that I may have a son one day lol

I may keep him as a father through..

Next updates will focus on that new batch.

yo man! by the look of your pics your plant looks thirsty! Hows is the watering going? You took 9 months to identify the plant as a male?

yo man! by the look of your pics your plant looks thirsty! Hows is the watering going? You took 9 months to identify the plant as a male?

No, it took me 9 months to get out of a certain mental state and get myself motivated to transform my grow room into a 12/12 flower room.. It is what it is, you know.
He's indeed a thirsty individual but has been chopped down by now.

The new seedlings are looking great so far bro. Keep us updated on the progress! Will you be flowering these indoors?
I've been meaning to crack some g13 seeds for a long time, we are blessed with the great selection of strains to choose from shantibaba haha.
I'm going to sprout half a pack of these today, will try and get a thread going!
Peace, Ghost

More than a year went by since I banned autoflowers and fems from my garden. Unfortunately I started overcomplicating things as well and it led to some mistakes but also some very important lessons learnt. I finally went back to KISS as much as possible and my garden is enjoying it, will start a perpetual grow thread with a bunch of Spice, Skunk Widow, Master Kush Skunk and NL5xSkunk soon. The batch in post #71 of this thread had only 2 survivors, guess who killed them... Imo growing is the purest form of therapy, I've learned so much about myself (as a father, husband, friend, employee, manager etc.) by the f***-ups I made in the garden. Of those 2 survivors there is 1 female which is currently revegging.

Back to basics, back to KISS... Third time's the charm so I decided to open a 3rd pack of G13xAfg.Sk. 3 weeks ago in the hopes of me being more gentle with these babies. 17 germinated, 14 survived so far and I'll continue until we have a decent amount of females.

rsz_20221022_204425.jpg

This way I want to thank MNS once more. I've been through a tremendous learning curve in the past year but also went through a crazy amount of seeds already. If I would've had to buy these seeds from other seed banks or at the regular "buy me" price, it would've cost me a fortune..

There's quite some Skunk going on in the garden and it's a tribute to the first coffeeshop I ever visited, coffeeshop Skunk in Sittard.

More than a year went by since I banned autoflowers and fems from my garden. Unfortunately I started overcomplicating things as well and it led to some mistakes but also some very important lessons learnt. I finally went back to KISS as much as possible and my garden is enjoying it, will start a perpetual grow thread with a bunch of Spice, Skunk Widow, Master Kush Skunk and NL5xSkunk soon. The batch in post #71 of this thread had only 2 survivors, guess who killed them... Imo growing is the purest form of therapy, I've learned so much about myself (as a father, husband, friend, employee, manager etc.) by the f***-ups I made in the garden. Of those 2 survivors there is 1 female which is currently revegging.

Back to basics, back to KISS... Third time's the charm so I decided to open a 3rd pack of G13xAfg.Sk. 3 weeks ago in the hopes of me being more gentle with these babies. 17 germinated, 14 survived so far and I'll continue until we have a decent amount of females.

View attachment 66259

This way I want to thank MNS once more. I've been through a tremendous learning curve in the past year but also went through a crazy amount of seeds already. If I would've had to buy these seeds from other seed banks or at the regular "buy me" price, it would've cost me a fortune..

There's quite some Skunk going on in the garden and it's a tribute to the first coffeeshop I ever visited, coffeeshop Skunk in Sittard.

If it makes you feel any better, this year alone,, and im not bragging because its nothing to be proud of,
, I fucked up whole packs of seeds of NL5AFG, Devil, Doors, Stones, U2, G13SK, LaNina, and Early Haze all at once in some shitty seeds raising mix. They all popped open and died.

i second this,

If it makes you feel any better, this year alone,, and im not bragging because its nothing to be proud of,
, I fucked up whole packs of seeds of NL5AFG, Devil, Doors, Stones, U2, G13SK, LaNina, and Early Haze all at once in some shitty seeds raising mix. They all popped open and died.

i second this,

Thanks bro! Did you buy the seeds raising or make it yourself?
This is the recipe I use and it works well in all stages of growth: 1/2 potting soil (without added fertilizers!), 1/6 perlite, 1/6 vermiculite, 1/6 (self-made) compost. I throw the whole mixture in a bath tub, then mix it well and put it back in bags until needed.

thanks for the recipe, will whip some of that up and try it.
I bought it. but its not the type i usually buy, think it had fungus gnats or too much fert in it, its not the first time ive done it, aaaaahh !
your mix looks like what i usually get for raising seed and works well.
placing a bet on the far left one almost at lower of pic,
these will be more fuel for the fire 🔥

Back