Firts Time SSH Grow

JahCure

Hi People

Yhis is the first time that i am growing SSH

It seems to be a plant for experienced growers.

The setup is

2x 400W HPS
Vegetative: 10 days (18/6)
20 plants in 2,5 liters pots (Want to move them to a bigger one next week)
Feeding: Bio Canna (Vega, Flora, Boost), Cannazym, Rhizotonic with Foliar feeding.

DSC00425.JPG

DSC00432.JPG

How does it look like??

Flip them to 12/12 now.
Yes, I'm serious :)

Most people start those on 12/12....you're in for a helluva show :)

12/12

Hello Thorax

I am turning the light cycle to 12/12 today

Do you think they will get too big??

I dont know if I should grow them in this small container or choose 10 of the 20 plants and put them in a bigger container.

What do u think would be more productive??

Thanks in advance

The plants look very nice:)

I agree with thorax , flip em as these girls will become huge at least 1.5-2m :)

Another alternative is to top them now (which I suggest if you want higher yields) but let them veg another 5-7 days then flip and finish them in minimum 8-10L pots.

The difference in finishing times wont be much different but the yields per plant will increase.If you want tO enforce flowering and find sex early go with 11/13.

I only have one run of SSH under my belt right now, but it is surely a really nice plant!

I would suggest some creative bending and tying. I do this with strains when I have the time, and usually get higher yields than if I had had just let them shoot up or top them(NOTE: I have not yet done this with SSH, did it with everything else from NH to indicas, as I like to let the first grow of a new strain flower without interference from me such as topping or bending.)

The main benefits to training and tying are increased yield, without the small stunt that topping produces. Indeed you can basically turn all your nodes into cola producing branches instead of small bottom buds.

I would suggest one of two things if you plan to go with this method.

It appears your containers are hard platic. If so, take and drill a small hole just under the lip of the container. I use floral wire(green plastic coated so it will not rust up the plants). If you are going to use string, I would suggest tying loosely around the stem as it will increase in diameter. Thats another good thing about wire, you can make a loop around the stem that has space in it and still keep tension in the wire.

Next, just gently bend the plant over so it is just a little bit beyond parallell with the medium, and tie or wire it in place so it cannot spring back up.

This will cause a hormonal shift to the rest of the plant, causing all those developed side braches to shoot straight for the sky, increasing your tops, and decreasing those tiny buds that are such a pain in the ass.

Personally when I do this I like to plant the plant in one corner of the container, and tie down to the opposite side, so that the plants are more centered in their pots after the tying(as an aside, I have recently thought about cutting the growth tip off after tying, sticking it into the medium to root, and not needing the wire, but thats another topic) I also use soft plastic grow bags, so I put a bamboo stake in the planter opposite the plant, and tie to that. I have tried tying directly to the grow bags by putting clear tape on the bag, and then a hole in the the tape and the wire through the whole, but stakes are damn cheap and much easier to stick into the dirt :)

Be safe

Alaska

Probems?

Hi you guyz!

Look this leafs. It seems to be something strane with the babies.

DSC00435.JPG

DSC00434.JPG

I dont know if that is a sign of too much water, or lack of water ....

Or the heat?? I am in Brasil and these days have been really HOT! Together with the heat from the 2 400W HPS lamps the growroom was really hot.

Maybe??

Today I have turned then into 12/12 light cycle

Looks like heat to me.Place the lights away around 60cm from the tops till they recover

I dont think is humidity.

I live in Brazil, where the RH is usually high. I don't have an hygrometer, but I can assure that it is not too low.

Heat I think it could be. But I am not so sure.
Perhaps what Lt33 advised sounds good. I am just afraid that, if i put the lamps higher, the plant could stretch a lot.

Hmmmm.... what to do?

Just raise them up a bit. I got news for you. SSH is gonna stretch a lot anyway :), but it might effect your nodal spacing

A

Spray the leaves with water but fine mist spray it just before lights out.Try to foliar feed from both sides especially the deseased leaves.I know these dont recover usually but dont worry ssh will make a lot of new growth so let the in les radiance heat and put these leaves at the corners of the garden away from light.They will recover a bit and they will become more glossy again.After a few days or a week place the gradually to full light as the new top growtgh will have grown a by then ;)

Dont worry try to use a light shield and place a big reflector like the adjustawing so you have not only bulbs very close to plants but you dont get burned tips as the shield protects them.Another trick I use, is to switch off the lights midday for an hour or so, each at at time.This way the temps drop the leaves recover and never get burned.I also suggestyou buy a cheap aircooled tube, it will increase the yields and you ll be worry free;)

here are the babies
They are entering now the thir wek of flowering
I am using organic fertilization.
I have started using Canna BioBoost and BioFlores .

When do you think I should start with PK 13 14?

Their color are lighter then the green of the 2 WW. Is that normal?
The plants looks helathy. They are getting big. I repoted them to 5 liter pots and now they are getting really bushy.

Waitng ansciously for the crop.

Hope you enjoy the pictures

Best regards from Brasil!

Overall view
med_gallery_32644_1507_899465.jpg

Closer
med_gallery_32644_1507_279306.jpg

Close at SSH
med_gallery_32644_1507_669055.jpg

vertical
med_gallery_32644_1507_1185709.jpg

Very nice updates!

The SSH is a great strain you ll love it!! ;)

Your girls look very healthy and I am sure they will make some huge colas!
I suggest you give em a little PK boost now but remember always use some N ,just a little as the plants still to build a lot of tissue.

One tip, use some reflective material like mylar or white reflective plastic around the 'walls or the growroom'.

The tips seem to have recovered a bit from the 'stress' , whats the current distance from the bulb to the tops of the plants?And average temps?As for the color its usually genetic trait, some sativas are more light/lime green indicas tend to have thicker hard dark green glossy leaves.As long the color is uniform and it isnt a N deficiency then its the normal color.

Again very nice job , keep us updated! :)

Last edited:
Leafs Curling down

Hi Guys!

Woud anyone of you be able to tell me why the leaf ponts are curling down?

Overfert? Overheat? Lack of anything?

med_gallery_32644_1507_145932.jpg

If you could help me would be very nice

Many thakns to all!

Hi All

Watching the grow but cannot help ask you whether this is MNS SSH or something else. The reason for asking is it seems from the pictures you began seed and it looks like you expected females? There are other things I notice that make me wonder....
Do not get me wrong I am here to help but the plants should be looking different to me at this stage. Maybe stop feeding and just ph water for a week as the leaf curl may be due to heat and ec combined....see how that helps.
Will be keeping an eye out for developments...all the best Sb

Back