EQ x Zunami Test

It's too bad we are getting bad germination for this project. It can be frustrating to take the time only to get disappointing results. Appreciate everyone's effort here. And great way for you, @longball to land on your feet. Sounds like a good project :)

mu

@musashi I've still got six seeds in the fridge, and i can commit to growing out another four as soon as I'm finished up the EQZU test. Should give me an indication of any germination problems.

I had no trouble with the single seed I did pop. Sprouted within 30 hours.

Cuttings take well, with good root shoots within 10 days.

I haven't changed my sprout method in over 25 years, so I have a decent reference point for successful germination. 😅 (tupperware lunchbox, wet kitchen paper towel, in hot tank closet)

Anecdotally, I have noticed that seeds that have been refrigerated for a period before germination seem quite eager to get going!

I soaked my EQ x Zunami seeds and overnight I had 6 seeds with tails. Was pretty excited as it seemed there may be a bit of a germination issue with the tester seeds. Was feeling pretty badass about it as some like Jonsie had zero come up. I was gonna be the only person with 6! 🥇 I scuttled my plans for pollen chucking this year. 6 big fat females would be more medicine than I could use in a year. So I put the seeds to soil and waited. And waited. And waited.

After 5 days, I took a tooth pick and magnifying glass and gently poked around. I found all 6 seeds. Nothing seemed to have changed. They were not bigger or smaller. They did not look healthier or sicker. :unsure: I ever so slightly changed their position, covered them up, slightly wet them, and waited. In a few days 5 came up. They did not seem to grow at all. Not sure they reached one inch.Thinnest stems I ever saw. Then they just died, one by one. I ended up with zero, just like @Jonesie :( Now I had nothing going and it was 2 weeks later than I've ever started plants. The summer solstice was only a week away! Fuck me! Here is a pic of the strongest one. It died the next day.

View attachment 87662

So now I was up Shitt Creek without a paddle. Had to get busy, and quick. Went back to the original Pollen Chucking plan. 2 days ago I put 28 seeds to soil. 27 have come up in 2 days. Don't see why I won't get the 28th very soon. They are already bigger and stronger than the EQ x Zunami seedlings. Need to start first transplant in a few minutes. While I won't say anything bad about the EQ x Zunami seeds, I'm sure as hell not going to question my germination methods!

View attachment 87663

Longball

I'm sorry for your loss :(

Looking forward to your growing season 2024 :)

I bet you will come up with something spectacular ;)

Keep growing
MB

Here some promised photos :)

#3 was harvested exactly at 45day flowering, it could go more tho...

Tho, I believe they are allmost done, today is day 47 and I believe there is just few days left for #1/2/4.
Only #5 is good for another week I believe !! :)

Very pretty plants Id say !
The smells observed, are best mix of fruity, to sweet, to acidic skunks.

Zunami Queen #1

ZQ1.jpg

Zunami Queen #2

ZQ2.jpg

Zunami Queen #4

ZQ4.jpg

Zunami Queen #5

ZQ5.jpg

Last edited:
Here some promised photos :)

#3 was harvested exactly at 45day flowering, it could go more tho...

Tho, I believe they are allmost done, today is day 47 and I believe there is just few days left for #1/2/4.
Only #5 is good for another week I believe !! :)

Very pretty plants Id say !
The smells observed, are best mix of fruity, to sweet, to acidic skunks.

Zunami Queen #1

View attachment 87694

Zunami Queen #2

View attachment 87695

Zunami Queen #4

View attachment 87696

Zunami Queen #5

View attachment 87697

Phantastic photos :love:

Would you please share your light and camera settings?

MB

Phantastic photos :love:

Would you please share your light and camera settings?

MB
Around 15 shots for one photo (1/400s f/3,2 ISO100 by Nikon D750 + Irix 150 macro)
These are focus merged using Affinity Photo into one picture
- it automatically stack photos over themselfes and then paint only parts in focus - till it gives final picture...
(with some ghosting obviously - because the program is not so inteligent, and it runs your pc hot too :D )

-photoshop could do it even better / and can use Ai, it is very dificult to master tho, and is not so much fun, and it is not natural any more

Tried some more closer shots of smaller buds, only #4 is main bud :)
I think some day next week there will be my sumary of harvesting them all together ;)

Zunami Queen #1
- sweet citrus noted skunk smells

1.jpg

Zunami Queen #2
-at first I wasnt sure if I smell some dank blueberries, but now Iam sure it is some sweet like forest fruity skunk smell

2.jpg

Zunami Queen #4
-this one is really unique, just bit of skunky smells, and loads of tropic fruits

4.jpg

Zunami Queen #5
-this one is also tropical smelling, but other way then #4 - so not fruity, it is more spicy and acid skunky, more like woody

5.jpg

Last edited:
Back