EQ x Zunami Test

So today is start of week 7 flowering.

I believe the end is nearing for one plant ZQ3 that seems the most indica..
Other plants will need just a bit more time, these seems perfectly good in my words !!

Some observed details

- all of them - have great trichome cover
- all of them - smell kind of fruity skunks, with hints of chocolate kushy smells
- #1/2/5 - have good SOG stature, #3 - is more like small indica bush, #4 short SCROG plant
- #1/3/5 - have this huge main bud, #2 - is more spear shaped, #4 is smaller in size, but somewhere in between shaped
- #1/2/4/5 - leafs turned red/purple, #3 has edges turned, but is wants to keep green mainly

Zunami Queen #1
- sweet skunk with hints of acidic smells
- bit longer internode distances
- buds hairs had the most bright appearance

1.jpg

Zunami Queen #2
- sweet fruity smells with hints of dark chocolate, short internode distances keeping the bud tight
- I feel guilty I didnt kept clone, bud she was one of the biggest stretchers

2.jpg

Zunami Queen #3
- sweet skunk smells, main and bottom buds are both big and heavy
- this one is making some 10 seeds just under the main bud unfortunately :(

3.jpg

Zunami Queen #4
- smelling of sweet tropical fruit sallat with hints of skunk
- main bud is not bigest, but the bottoms keep almost same size, and stretch almost to same height
- this is best example to me, kept clone of her

4.jpg

Zunami Queen #5
- this skunk smells of chocolate the most, I would call her red chocolate skunk
- main bud is bigest, have decently short internode distance, so the bud fills nicely
- if this one wasnt so big of a stretcher, I would have kept her too

5.jpg

To finalize this weeks report, I made one macro shot of Zunami Queen #4

EQ4m.jpg

So today is start of week 7 flowering.

I believe the end is nearing for one plant ZQ3 that seems the most indica..
Other plants will need just a bit more time, these seems perfectly good in my words !!

Some observed details

- all of them - have great trichome cover
- all of them - smell kind of fruity skunks, with hints of chocolate kushy smells
- #1/2/5 - have good SOG stature, #3 - is more like small indica bush, #4 short SCROG plant
- #1/3/5 - have this huge main bud, #2 - is more spear shaped, #4 is smaller in size, but somewhere in between shaped
- #1/2/4/5 - leafs turned red/purple, #3 has edges turned, but is wants to keep green mainly

Zunami Queen #1
- sweet skunk with hints of acidic smells
- bit longer internode distances
- buds hairs had the most bright appearance

View attachment 87443

Zunami Queen #2
- sweet fruity smells with hints of dark chocolate, short internode distances keeping the bud tight
- I feel guilty I didnt kept clone, bud she was one of the biggest stretchers

View attachment 87444

Zunami Queen #3
- sweet skunk smells, main and bottom buds are both big and heavy
- this one is making some 10 seeds just under the main bud unfortunately :(

View attachment 87445

Zunami Queen #4
- smelling of sweet tropical fruit sallat with hints of skunk
- main bud is not bigest, but the bottoms keep almost same size, and stretch almost to same height
- this is best example to me, kept clone of her

View attachment 87446

Zunami Queen #5
- this skunk smells of chocolate the most, I would call her red chocolate skunk
- main bud is bigest, have decently short internode distance, so the bud fills nicely
- if this one wasnt so big of a stretcher, I would have kept her too

View attachment 87447

To finalize this weeks report, I made one macro shot of Zunami Queen #4

View attachment 87449
Queen #3 ♤\/ ? Interesting, very nice work my friend. Excellent grow.

20240616_135845.jpg
20240616_135525.jpg

20240616_135559.jpg
20240616_135553.jpg

Last bit of tying down to space out the colas.
Had a feed of Plagron Alga Grow @ 2ml/l & Plagron Pure Zym @ 1ml/l
EC .8 pH 5.2 (didn't correct pH as plenty of soil in pot, so letting it sort itself out)
I'll check runoff EC/pH at next feed before switching to bloom nutrients.

Flipped to 12/12 and switched from 300w CFL to 315w CMH. I'll finish under 600w HPS once I see the first sign of flowering.

View attachment 87486
View attachment 87487

View attachment 87488
View attachment 87489

EC .8 pH 5.2 (didn't correct pH as plenty of soil in pot, so letting it sort itself out)

Flipped to 12/12 and switched from 300w CFL to 315w CMH. I'll finish under 600w HPS once I see the first sign of flowering.

Spectacular (y)

Can't wait to see how your lady develops :)

MB

View attachment 87486
View attachment 87487

View attachment 87488
View attachment 87489

Well, she ain't goin anywhere! Nice and tidy brah!

mu

Zunami Queen #3

smaller size Indica plant, with heavy buds, but with some amount of seeds mainly in middle top parts.
From what I have observed so far, other plants are good in selfing department..
Wonder what made #3 self herself, maybe to crowded space?

In other words, some smelly Skunky plant she was :)

Now she is drying, so to let more space for the others.

I believe on weekend there will be only one plant left,
I will make proper shots next time around, before that happen.
Plants are vibrant in all colours right now...

Zunami Queen #3

ZQ3_1.jpgZQ3_2.jpgZQ3_3.jpg

I soaked my EQ x Zunami seeds and overnight I had 6 seeds with tails. Was pretty excited as it seemed there may be a bit of a germination issue with the tester seeds. Was feeling pretty badass about it as some like Jonsie had zero come up. I was gonna be the only person with 6! 🥇 I scuttled my plans for pollen chucking this year. 6 big fat females would be more medicine than I could use in a year. So I put the seeds to soil and waited. And waited. And waited.

After 5 days, I took a tooth pick and magnifying glass and gently poked around. I found all 6 seeds. Nothing seemed to have changed. They were not bigger or smaller. They did not look healthier or sicker. :unsure: I ever so slightly changed their position, covered them up, slightly wet them, and waited. In a few days 5 came up. They did not seem to grow at all. Not sure they reached one inch.Thinnest stems I ever saw. Then they just died, one by one. I ended up with zero, just like @Jonesie :( Now I had nothing going and it was 2 weeks later than I've ever started plants. The summer solstice was only a week away! Fuck me! Here is a pic of the strongest one. It died the next day.

View attachment 1718843591941.jpeg

So now I was up Shitt Creek without a paddle. Had to get busy, and quick. Went back to the original Pollen Chucking plan. 2 days ago I put 28 seeds to soil. 27 have come up in 2 days. Don't see why I won't get the 28th very soon. They are already bigger and stronger than the EQ x Zunami seedlings. Need to start first transplant in a few minutes. While I won't say anything bad about the EQ x Zunami seeds, I'm sure as hell not going to question my germination methods!

Germinate P1110455.JPG

Longball

Attachments

• 1718843850492.jpeg
    360.1 KB · Views: 2
I soaked my EQ x Zunami seeds and overnight I had 6 seeds with tails. Was pretty excited as it seemed there may be a bit of a germination issue with the tester seeds. Was feeling pretty badass about it as some like Jonsie had zero come up. I was gonna be the only person with 6! 🥇 I scuttled my plans for pollen chucking this year. 6 big fat females would be more medicine than I could use in a year. So I put the seeds to soil and waited. And waited. And waited.

After 5 days, I took a tooth pick and magnifying glass and gently poked around. I found all 6 seeds. Nothing seemed to have changed. They were not bigger or smaller. They did not look healthier or sicker. :unsure: I ever so slightly changed their position, covered them up, slightly wet them, and waited. In a few days 5 came up. They did not seem to grow at all. Not sure they reached one inch.Thinnest stems I ever saw. Then they just died, one by one. I ended up with zero, just like @Jonesie :( Now I had nothing going and it was 2 weeks later than I've ever started plants. The summer solstice was only a week away! Fuck me! Here is a pic of the strongest one. It died the next day.

View attachment 87662

So now I was up Shitt Creek without a paddle. Had to get busy, and quick. Went back to the original Pollen Chucking plan. 2 days ago I put 28 seeds to soil. 27 have come up in 2 days. Don't see why I won't get the 28th very soon. They are already bigger and stronger than the EQ x Zunami seedlings. Need to start first transplant in a few minutes. While I won't say anything bad about the EQ x Zunami seeds, I'm sure as hell not going to question my germination methods!

View attachment 87663

Longball
Interesting to read @longball. I used the paper towel method after seeing the poor germination rate which I normally don't. They split and started showing a tail but went no further. Tbh I think I cooked them on the heat pad. Being a bit devasted and also now nothing to grow I soaked the last of my Blueberry and Mokums Tulip seeds and planted into jiffies which is the normal technique. 100% germination.
Have since grown them out and only have one clone going from them which is growing alongside the BW selection. Happy to report that the Blueberry was weak and hermied and also had a bad hermie from one of the Tulips. My grows of Ortega and Black Widow have trumped all previous seed companies and simply stand out.

Interesting to read @longball. I used the paper towel method after seeing the poor germination rate which I normally don't. They split and started showing a tail but went no further. Tbh I think I cooked them on the heat pad. Being a bit devasted and also now nothing to grow I soaked the last of my Blueberry and Mokums Tulip seeds and planted into jiffies which is the normal technique. 100% germination.
Have since grown them out and only have one clone going from them which is growing alongside the BW selection. Happy to report that the Blueberry was weak and hermied and also had a bad hermie from one of the Tulips. My grows of Ortega and Black Widow have trumped all previous seed companies and simply stand out.
Hi Jonesie! :)

Now that you mention it, I did use a heating pad for those. Trying to do everything oh so perfect for the testers. I had at least 6 towels between the heating pad and the seeds. The soil was low to mid 70'sF(@23C) and humidity was very low 80's. Don't sound like cooking numbers? So far I've had not much luck with heating pads. Close to 100% without one. When I make seeds outdoors I get plants popping up the following spring after spending 4-6 months in below freezing weather. Fuck them heating pads! lol

Longball

What did you end up launching @longball? Too bad about the other.

mu

Hi musashi! :)

For myself I have some Afghan Haze and Early Queen for my pollen chucking scheme. I realize Shanti has done this and called it Early Haze(I have those seeds too). While I can't do as good of a job as Shanti there is one thing I can do that he can't. Create Early Haze seeds on my deck. Seeds/plants acclimate to a climate over time. These seeds will have at least one season on my deck. A good start. A Afghan Haze male was used for Early Haze. I will have to see what the males look like when the time comes. Perhaps I will use a Early Queen male and Afghan Haze female. That may be a better choice for my climate. I guess I will need a name too! lol But first, I gotta grow them.

The rest of the plants I will give away. From Sara's Secret Stash I have some Critical Kush, some Gelatto 33 that I grew 2 years ago, 1 Early Queen from a seed I found in a female EQ I grew. It my experience that seed should grow a huge female plant that is worthless for breeding but good for medicine. Last but not least, some Afghan T. "The Maple Leaf line provided me with a plant that I labeled Afghan T. This plant is the mother of Super/Ultra Skunk and also crossed well with HzC." - Nevil. Who knows? We'll see. Hard to trust names nowadays.

Longball

Yes, it was very disappointing and hard not to feel like I fucked something up. Coming back with 27/28 so far. Maybe it wasn't me. I don't think anyone got 6/6. That is not a hard thing to do with the growers we have on this site. A few people have some nice looking plants :) Well, I just grow them. It's for the folks up on the 7th floor to figure out the germination rates. ;)

Longball

Back