critical Haze grow show coming soon

Grover Sativa, #, thanks for the kind words....:)
REDEYE_420, No mate I just leave the glove to dry then flake of the resin, mix this with scissor hash and its a real treat....;)
genegenie, Hi matey, cheers, She yielded a little over 24oz dry, and is real potent smoke.. she is the Critical mass x Afghan Haze,, cant wait to see some CM x HzC logs sounds real interesting that 1.. good luck
SmokeOn, I dont think the rock and roll hybrids are listed, but I would expect them be listed as "(?) x Haze AC" Hope that helps

So all in all, a very good yield, but root mass was lacking, due to DO levels, I've made a few slight changes to the design to increase DO, and planted 1 Critical Skunk and 1 NL5 x Afghan... so I'll start a new thread just for the two trees, and will update on progress in the v-scrog in the next few daze...:D

peace and love
BL

Holy shit billy, that makes 34 oz just from the two trees right? Add the wall of weed and you could blow past 2 gpw!
I think you've really killed it on this grow. The electric light mover seems to be working great.

I was wondering what kind of flip flop you are using? Did you DIY or buy a box? If you have another room you could take it further and flip the ballast to the other room at 12 hours, making for 4 bulbs off one ballast running 24 hours a day.

Holy shit billy, that makes 34 oz just from the two trees right? Add the wall of weed and you could blow past 2 gpw!
I think you've really killed it on this grow. The electric light mover seems to be working great.

I was wondering what kind of flip flop you are using? Did you DIY or buy a box? If you have another room you could take it further and flip the ballast to the other room at 12 hours, making for 4 bulbs off one ballast running 24 hours a day.

Hi SO, thats right 34 from the trees, and I'm hoping to get 10oz from the VScrOG, which looks as though thats about right, which should just tipple me over 2.05gpw...

I made the flip flop myself, using a heavy duty dpdt relay from the states, quite a simple job. Yes it would be simple to run 2 rooms and 4 bulbs, but I only have this one room, I'm planning a room with 4 trees, 5 bulbs, 3 ballasts and 2 flip flops. so 1 bulb stays on for the 12 hours and the others are flipped every 2-3hrs.. I'll run this room perpetual too hopefully having a tree every 2 weeks.

and if Heath Robinson looks in Cheers Mate;)

peace
BL

:eek:

Do you find you don't need to raise bulb height throughout flowering when running tree rooms like this?
Another question, how far do the critical hazes stretch when you put them in flowering on the big trees? What length of veg and size of vegged plant have you found works best?

Do you think the one plant was such a bigger yielder due to phenotype or were there other factors?

I really dig that room idea. The heat of 3 lights with closer to the effect of 5. And the trimming gets broken up a bit, good thing too because it sounds like you'll be doing a lot of it.

Is this the relay you used?
http://www.alliedelec.com/search/pr...lays&ID=&MPN=R04-11A30-120&DESC=R04-11A30-120

Sounds like you'll be taking a run at that 43 oz record after all...

:eek:

Do you find you don't need to raise bulb height throughout flowering when running tree rooms like this?
Another question, how far do the critical hazes stretch when you put them in flowering on the big trees? What length of veg and size of vegged plant have you found works best?

Do you think the one plant was such a bigger yielder due to phenotype or were there other factors?

I really dig that room idea. The heat of 3 lights with closer to the effect of 5. And the trimming gets broken up a bit, good thing too because it sounds like you'll be doing a lot of it.

Is this the relay you used?
http://www.alliedelec.com/search/pr...lays&ID=&MPN=R04-11A30-120&DESC=R04-11A30-120

Sounds like you'll be taking a run at that 43 oz record after all...

Hi SmokeOn,

in general, I keep the bottom of the bulb level with the top of the plants until stretch is done, then I drop so top of bulb is level with top of plant.

The ch is a stretcher in all mediums I've seen, 2x or more, pheno dependent.

Again length of veg and height before flowering, is VERY plant/pheno dependent, I like to make sure I have at least enough headroom for a plant to stretch 2x during 12/12 when working with a new plant. Plant width should also be taken into consideration when setting out, I worked with one plant that had almost zero vertical stretch but was a wide bitch.

Yes deff pheno responsible for the yield of the bigger plant, both were flowered at the same height/size.. both plants grown in exact same environment and fed same nutes, and received same light..

that's virtually the same as the relay I used, only mine is of inferior quality.. OK it was very cheap and may need replacing sooner rather than later:p, had to get mine from the states, and most are 120v coils, no good here in the UK, we need 220/240v coils and are quite difficult to find..

I'd like a crack at the 43oz plant, I'm searching for the right plant, but heath vegged his plants to 6ft, I just dont have the space to do that right now.. And I'm really working at total garden efficiency right now... If I can get 2 trees at 20/25oz and 10/15 oz from the VScrOG all from 600w of light I will be a very happy man...

hope that answers your Q's :D
any more just fire away
peace
BL

Final weigh in from the CH grow was 1 x 10oz tree, 1 x 24oz tree, and a 12.5oz VScrOG = 46.5oz dry, efficiency of 2.17gpw.
peace
BL

ps Critical Skunk and NL5 x Afghan tree thread coming soon ;)

Nice work Billy I am impressed with this grow. I have few ?'s if ya dont mind.
How tall were they after the reveg/first day of flower? I know its been awhile but approx would be nice to know.
What is the dimension of the room that you flower in?

You may have answered those already in the thread but ive looked thru it a couple times and did not see.

Nice work Billy I am impressed with this grow. I have few ?'s if ya dont mind.
How tall were they after the reveg/first day of flower? I know its been awhile but approx would be nice to know.
What is the dimension of the room that you flower in?

You may have answered those already in the thread but ive looked thru it a couple times and did not see.

reveg/first day of flower? ,,,, i totally missed that , were they revegged ?

Hi grover, hope you are well,
Have you been in for your op yet?
The reason I 12/12 from seed is speed/space usualy (with no security issues).
From seed i can sex in a couple weeks tops in most cases (preflowers), males usualy show first (although on my last CH fems showed first, how did yours show), so in a couple weeks ican be done with any males and not used much space at all. then a couple weeks later i have reveged mothers and clones ready for flower (pheno selection), when selection is done i have some massive mums (in Hydro) ready to take as many clones as poss( and they are seed plants which i prefer for mothers). Its also a bit of habit as i used to sell shit loads of clones and found this sped up getting new strains to market. thats why I had lots happy customers for clones (How sure are you when yo buy clones that you got the best pheno of that strain). I'll tell you the whole story of why i dont do that any more one day, unless Guy Ritchie makes a film about it first lolol.
Peace
BL

Bob this where I got that from. There was also a reveg in post 138 page 4 week 6 of flower update. To be honest Im a little confused on whether the plants he harvested, that were 10-24oz in the tree machines, were the mums or clones. Basically I was looking for general plant sizes in each phase of the grow.
He mentioned Heath's plant was vegged til 6 foot and I was curious what his were vegged to.
Billy i will assume you have grown both vertically and horizontly with a 600w. If so have you been able to achieve those yields in the same amount of time with a horizontal bulb?
If not do you attribute that to the coverage area of the bulb? Basically the light going 360 degrees instead of 180?

Last edited:
b0b_b1tch1n, thanks for looking in.:)
Resinfinger, thanks for taking an interest, Its been a long thread with a few conversations, I can see how confusing it can be..lol
Now if my memory serves me right, the history of my CH plants goes like this; from the pack of seeds, I cracked them then after a week or so put them into 12/12, once sexed I carried on flowering the females in a system quite simlar to my tree machines (wasn't a very successful grow:p). A couple of weeks into flower i took 2 clones from each fem, rooted then revegged them. These were due to be mothers for each pheno. although at the location they were kept, there was a security issue, and I had to give them to a friend to look after for a while... He put all my plants into flower :mad::(
So after some dispute and upset I got 2 of my plants back (2 weeks into flower), with no labelling, I had no clue which pheno they were..
These 2 plants were the ones that went into the tree machines, and were from clones. They suffered some reveg half way through flower due to a light being left on for 24 hrs.
so to answer the question of how tall were they before 12/12 was induced, I don't really know, but to guess, I'd say they were around a foot to a foot and a half tall.
the dimensions of the room are 1.8(l) x 2.2(w) x 2.0m(h).
Yes resinfinger high have flowered with 600w both vertically and horizontally, and a mix of the 2 some times.. I dont think it would be very easy to yield in this way with horizontal bulb, not per plant or gpw.. as for time to yield, if I understand the question correctly, do you mean would I have to veg for longer to get the same yield if using horizontal bulbs? Then I suppose yes in theory you would, but I wouldn't attempt to grow a tree with horizontal bulbs, the drop off in lumens from the top of the plant to the bottom would make the bottom branches pretty much worthless..
And yes using a bulb vertically does make use of all emitted light and not reflected light, which greatly improves efficiency..
Hey SmokeOn, groover sativa's thread is the best place to find out details of the keeper from this strain, so the lemon candy with a high yield and a slightly longer flower time is something to lookout for..;).

So the answer to the question, were they clones or reveg plants, they were both...LOL

Thanks to every one who has took part in this thread, I've had a lot of fun with this strain, and some quality smoke.. RECOMMENDED...:D

peace
BL

Fantastic returns BL..God Bless Heath and his willingness to share his ideas.He has helped so many..Congrats on a great harvest..BL

cheers BL, I would still be in NFT if it wasn't for Heath, Although I have alot of love for NFT.
this room is just about all I learned from his ideas, and prove that simplicity pays...
peace
BL

I used to NFT. It really does work well.

I'll Second That Opinion ( Nutriculture NFT a la Dr Alan Cooper Was The First Hydro Unit Available To The Masses. A Close Second Was General Hydroponics Aquafarm;) )

Heres A Tester /Taster Of Real Remon , I Mean Lemon
I Call It GScontin :D
Works A Charm
Ddiolch Yn Fawr Iawn Boyo
Jope

Attachments

• 12-2010feb2010_0730(125).jpg
    12-2010feb2010_0730(125).jpg
    900.4 KB · Views: 64
NFT

Hi BL,
I have visited a few grow shops on your side of the pond and it seems NFT is a lot more popular in the UK.In fact I knew very little about it before my visit and learned some talking with growers and shop owners.Apparently the trick is to get the flow just right..Not too heavy,not too light?
Anyway, i love your innovation...and your yields are certainly inspiring.Looking forward to more education from ya..peace BL

Hi guys, I've put a lot into this thread on NFT (and recirculating Hydroponics in general) NFT Hydroponics Questions and Answers by Cola Bro. along with sensimelia13.
I wasn't knocking NFT here, its still extremely popular in the commercial veg sector, DWC however is not??? (other than the floating raft systems for lettuce production). But remains popular in cannabis production..
IME DWC surpasses NFT in explosive growth rates.. Its all about DO (dissoved oxygen).. I did believe the opposite but my and others findings suggest otherwise...
Budluver, I'm glad that the grow shops you speak to still think NFT is popular, I think the recent coco trend is killing the hydro market.. My local shop think that root rot is a fault with the system... these same people design and build hydro systems, and seemingly have no understanding of DO or pythium, just profit...
peace
BL

Im starting to fall in love with this Critical Haze aka Haze strain . Theres some bloody amazing grows of that strain on here . Thanks Billy , a brilliant growshow mate , a real treat . Love the entire method , looks awesome for the grower who has limited space and or plant numbers.

Im starting to fall in love with this Critical Haze aka Haze strain . Theres some bloody amazing grows of that strain on here . Thanks Billy , a brilliant growshow mate , a real treat . Love the entire method , looks awesome for the grower who has limited space and or plant numbers.

Cheers mate, I'm just starting another run with this plant, keep 'em peeled..
Thanks to all who have looked in here, I'm truly flattered to have so many views...
peace
BL

CM hybrids are :
Critical Skunk (CM x AS)
Critical Haze (CM x AH)
Pink Floyd (CM x Haze AC)
Critical Mass x Haze C

and hopefully one-day Critical Widow.:D:eek:

peace
BL
A little birdie tells me Critical Widdow maybe released soon....... WoooHoooo!!!!!
LOL
peace
BL

Critical Widow would be awesome. I'am growing a white widow x big bud (Female Seeds X-Line) freebie from an old attitude order and I really like this plant despite it being from feminized seed. The plant produces big hand-grenade, Foster's beer can sized buds. It's a really good commercial strain. It sells easy and yields above average. I would love to get this seed with original genetics in regular seed form OMG just typing it is exciting me...
If you want a preview of what this strain might be like and son't mind taking a chance on a fem. seed, then try Female Seeds ww x bb.

Back