critical Haze grow show coming soon

thanks for the compliments joe.. your right it takes good foundations for a great grow.. I put alot of love into my vegging plants, just as much as love as i give flowering plants, mothers also need the same level of love.. with the aero cloner, I try and change the water every day or so... and I know from experience what really gets the roots to do what i want..

now more CH misery:(.. I've just been to visit a friend who I gave some of my CH clones to about 4/5 weeks ago, its a straight forward coco grow, and the feed levels are low, canna coco at around 1.2 ec. they are in the second week of flower, and one has started to throw out nanners... the only thing i can put it down to is the fact that the grow is in a loft, and the lights are on during the day. And as we have had some warm weather recently, maybe temps have been swinging a little to much..
the male flowers are prob 2 per bud site and not specific to any part of the plant.. I have instructed him to flush with ph water for a few days, and keep checking for more sacks.. I've just pulled off around 20 sacks..
I'm left feeling a little embarrassed as he never had probs in this room before.. and this is a strain I have personally recommended, I do understand, that these probs are environmental as I have flowered all phenos with no hermie issues. but does seem like quite a sensitive strain..
here's a couple of pics of his grow, i tried to get a pic of a male flower, but me/camera are not good enough..

this one shows the affected plant.
picture.php

and an overall room shot
picture.php

its a shame as this is the best looking plant in the room..

peace
BL

contact Shanti or Grover...Grover was having similar problems and after talking to Shanti all the plants he had that threw nanners returned to normal. Hope that helps

cheers sbd, I talked to groover whilst he was having troubles, as mine were fine at the time.. his problem turned out to be his RO filter. none of mine are using filters. so must be environmental somehow.. And I have sent a pm to Shantibaba. the thing is that my friend has no control over growroom temps. and all other plants (all CH) are fine. just this one.. he has been growing all year round in this room for around 8 years and never had a hermie.. its a strange one..
peace
BL

hey Chana Masala,
we got about 20 of the t5's, used them for a big SOG, a year or so ago.. some are just lighting a work space now though. my big grow days are long gone..:(
but yea, in the tree room, there are 3 t5's on the ceiling, and 2 600w bulbs running on a flip flop..
the ch clones are from 6 of the 9 females I initially got.
my family are good too.. thanks....
I'm deff up for a smokey drinky thingy...:D one of the few good things about the uk is its small.. so we are never too far away, let me know when you are around man deffo...:)
good luck with the new room, the wife will see sense??? lol
BL

Word Bill. I remember that grow you posted... S.A.G.E. was it? Fine example of SOG. BBBBBBBrappppsssssssssssss!

That is another word for boxing someone out...
You know women brother...but it will cool...

Cool for Hali then... let you know when I am in the area...lol!

Good growing and dont worry about the nanners. I am growing out a Jack the Ripper Nanner seed that cam from some JTR bud... I wonder what it will be like...

You might just have a feminized version of CH now... you need to buy an a/c unit brother...or maybe stronger air exchanger...

Take care,

Chana

Attachments

• Billy Liar T5.jpg
    Billy Liar T5.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
the T5's I use are for commercial applications, but are exactly the same technology as T5 grow lights.
Sylvania do a "growlux" version of the bulb, but any manufacturer should use the same code that pertains to the colour of the bulb, the bulbs I use are 840's from sylvania, but am looking at up grading to these: http://www.en.narva.cz/soubory-ve-skladu/SOUBORY k prohlížení/biovital_4_englisch.pdf they have a much more varied spectrum, and also a good mix of UV.. Although the 840's work fine..
So If you cant find the T5's in a grow shop in Spain, then you will definitely find them in an electrical suppliers.. they are among the finest technology for efficient lighting solutions. and are available world wide.. you should be able to request the bulb colour that's supplied with the unit..
Hope that helps
peace
BL

Great work with the T5's Billy Liar! You are doing it right by keeping those plants short. T5's are teriffic light sources which unfortunately most growers can not utilize to flower their plants. I used to talk with alot of people who would say "you can't flower with those or these." You can do many things inside with some knowledge of the species you are working with and a little resourcefullness. Alot of people say that about Hazes today, "you can't grow that plant inside." If Shanti or Neville listened to that we would not be able to enjoy the real Hazes today! Good show BillyLiar!!!

Thanks kylebroflovski, I do have quite a lot of experience with these T5's, good and bad.. I found out the hard way that you have to be very close to flower with them. this year will see me trying to push the yield and trying to find the "cut off point" with plant height. Which should open up the possibilities of growing certain Hybrids in SOG.. I'm not sure about flowering CH with them, as the stretch goes on and on.. and I'm not too fussed on running flat SCrOG's..
peace
BL

Great info billy once again, i dont have much expriance with t5s but a postive one for sure.
I got the 432w 8 bulb system and it really has solved all my vegging and propagating needs.Think i got the 840's to,didnt realise they would be ok for flowering aint they cool white? guessing the cool white works well for flowering to! by the way its reading through your threads that have opened my eyes to these great lights so thanks again for sharing this great info

Hey pluko, I think the recommendation is 830 for veg and 840 for flower, but in fact when viewing the spectrum charts from the bulb manufacturer, there is very little difference, other than the way the light appears to us. the 830's are labelled Cool White or Daylight, and the 840's are labelled Warm white I think. I cant grumble with either result I have Veg or Flower..:)
Glad I've been of some assistance Pluko:D
peace
BL

Ok then... Hermie's..
just received word from my friends coco grow, that only 2 more male flowers have been found in the last 4/5 days.. And after flushing with 5L of ph water, he noticed that loads of little (1mm or less) white things were moving (wriggling/jumping) in the saucer below this 1 plant, and a few below the other plants.. It turns out the coco was reused (not a bad thing in my opinion), but came from another growroom etc. etc.
So my question is: what are they? Are they the cause of the stress? and, Whats my best option to kill 'em????
Hopefully the flush has helped.. and I've told him that he needs to make sure that he gets 10 - 20% run off with each feed...
Fingers crossed
peace
BL

i reused my coco for nearly 6 year till i got bust and the cops flung it all over my bedroom floor. never had a problem re using it but i put a few plants in with a mate and he reused coco he had. it has just about every crawling and flying insect in it had spider mite,aphids, thrips ect the list just goes on and on. never reusing it again unless its from the same room i am growing in. it's a right f**k on as its mest a cloning room a mother room a growing room and a flowering room been using a few things on them. the mother room seem to be having little effect on them no mater what we use. the other rooms aren't to bad haven't seen buds for a few days in there now. so i think he's dags are carrying the bugs as the coco was stored were the dogs sleep and the mother room is in were the dogs sleep. so it looks like the mother rooms coming down asap as its not really needed anyway in the summer. hope your mate sorts his plants out billy mate.

Thanks for the input fella's.. I'm pretty sure they are, Larvae of fungus Gnat.. But not too sure that they are the cause of the stress.. The weather has been very mild the last week, so I'm hoping nanners dont return with warm weather..
The whole reuse of coco; well... I've done side by sides, new versus old coco. same room same plant, same feed and, reused was hands down winner, by a long way??? and from a greenie point of view the carbon footprint from using new coco, is massive as it is shipped from sri lanka... Water is my medium of choice, these days.. I'm not even fond of the amount of rockwool I get through.. or clay pebbles (which are also reusable).
So I think it's the fact that this coco has been stored in another location for a while, that has led to contamination... I hope this is the cause of the stress, and not the heat, as we still have summer to come.. and some warm growrooms to come too..:eek:
thanks again for the input guys, I'll try the neem oil, fxg, I agree cleanliness is a virtue in our game, I'm sure you've seen my growrooms;).
And brock1, thats a situation right there, with the mother room. good luck. sweat and tears hey!!!
still waiting for shanti's input, hope he puts it down to the fungus gnats (or whatever they are..) or I'm still a little stumped!!!
peace
BL

I only use soil for my mothers and the occasional cut that I wanna flower out in the corner of a grow for my personal stash, otherwise it's either NFT or Aero for me.
Recirculating systems make alot more sense, it's so much better for the environment, alot easier to set up and take down grows, alot cleaner so less chance of bugs, and with and RO machine you get the same base to work from, no matter where in the world you are.

For growing and legal reasons I think recirculating tree machines are the best option at the moment, what do you think Billy?;)

Peace GG

Hemp Depot

Hi Everyone,
Not sure where everyone is located but wanted to let you all know that Home Depot is carrying T5's now. I made a 4 bulb light.3 ft long for under 50.00.Bulbs included.They also have 4 ft bulbs and fixtures..You have to wire them together but its only 3 wires.Basic electricity..peace

Ok, so update time..

Update, in the tree machines week 6..
I'm a little dismayed at the reveg thing but hey ho..
heres the pics..
picture.php

picture.php

and an update in the tubes week 1 I'm more than chuffed to bits with the progress here.. very happy..:D have a look

picture.php

especially this side.. loving this side, got another 3 weeks of stretch yet.
picture.php

hopes you likes:)
peace
BL

I've Only Just Realised My Bulb Has Been Operating @ Half Strength :(, Having Mistook The New Darn Bulb For The Old One
No Wonder I've Been Lagging Behind In All My Grows
I'm Switching To A Son-T-Plus Instead Of Grolux This Time ( I Better Order It Post Haste Just In Case The Conservatives Get In :eek:)
And I Blamed It On The Cold Winter
( I Feel Like A Right Dufus )
Heres Mine ( Her Buds Are Starting To Form Multiple Crowns Which Is Interesting ).
Better Late Than Never
Joe:eek:

Attachments

• 12-2010feb2010_0504(009).jpg
    12-2010feb2010_0504(009).jpg
    890.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 12-2010feb2010_0504(004).jpg
    12-2010feb2010_0504(004).jpg
    984.1 KB · Views: 19
reply's to posts..
genegenie, yes mate, I fully believe the Tree Machines to be the future of all indoor and green house growing...:D;) LOL
budluver, great info mate, Good for our friends in the US, although I'm sure an electrical suppliers would have complete units, with diffusers/relectors built in..
fxginbcn, yes matey, I've passed on the info, I did start thinking I had to sort the prob myself, then gave myself a kick up the arse, and said, they not your plants Bill... hehe:p
Joe King Park, I had a very similar conversation last night, about lamp life and the effects of striking a lamp 3 times a day (flip flopping), serious loss of lamp life.. I think I need to get some new bulbs in the next week, these are old bulbs.. and I am using a 1000w ballast so the plan is to upgrade to 1000w bulbs.. thats an easy error to make, the mistake of new/old bulb..:cool:
your CH is looking nice mate.. was it groovers keeper?
multistrain_gardener, yeah JKP is a dufus!!!!:p LOLOL
peace
BL

Hallo Peeps,
if anyone still looking in, here's an update at 7 weeks in the Tree Machines.
this shows what has become a skunky girl.. less affected by reveg, but finishing up already at week 7.. next week she'll come down and be hung drawn and quarted... then smoked....:D
picture.php

this has turned out quite a surprise, at the beginning of this grow she looked super indica, but now she has the HAZE smell to her.. and is looking at taking another two weeks.. this is the pheno I call the "Heavy Hazey Pheno" (the keeper).. wont quite know till I smoke her though.. becomes very fruity with a cure.. between pineapple and grapefruit I think.. I so hope its her....;)
one more thing to mention with this girl is that she is STICKY, and I mean SUPER STICKY....
picture.php

and here are the plants in the tubes... again very happy with progress.. just starting to show flower.. I reckon 2 more weeks of stretch, so should pretty much fill the screen/net (please fill the screen.. please) then we will have a wall of Bud....:D.... one concern I have atm, is the length of the buds, but we'll see...:p
picture.php

and heres acouple of pics of the system I made for vegging in the inner pots. in here there will be a NL#5xAfg and a Critical skunk ready to go into the Tree Machines in about 4 weeks....
picture.php

the first tank is the res, and the other 2 tanks are for plants.. once vegged to 4 weeks, the inner tank, simply lifts out of this system and is placed straight into the tree machine....:)
picture.php

peace
BL

lovin your skills there bill:)

if it was me makin them id be rapped up in ptfe tape cryin in the corner with the hoses pissin all over the place hehehehe:D:D

keep em comin

Back