Confused about who really has which skunk #1

i agree with that

but for me it's come from the skunk (the animal) for the smell

Wrong.

Rat/Skunkman took the original RKS to the Netherlands, and bred the RKS out of it.

Original RKS Skunk was bred by Uncle Fester Hells Angels Local 81 Club in San Frisco Bay area starting in the 60s on the FARM. Its well known, and undisputed.

Local 18 is the Frisco chapter of the Hells Angels. Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you, as it makes no rats ass to me. I got 8 packs of it, and will grow it out in several months.

But the genes are undisputed, and all of the Nor Cal Community knows these are real, as they have about ridden Uncle Festers Nephew of of the business on a rail...

Master Thai, who really has some other killer genes, is rich, and was well respected, started ripping people off, and cheating them.

So U Mello, at.. The Nature Farm Genetic Called Master Thai Out, also has the Original Genes, and Did Release Them, and didn't charge arms and legs for them.

But the original Skunk genes that were brought to Holland by Wratson, were STOLEN out of the garbage cans, and possibly some given to him by the cops/DEA left after they busted Sacred Seeds. Sacred Seeds started in the 40s.

They also supposedly left plants with root balls still intact.


https://www.reddit.com/r/eldertrees/comments/2nm52d/the_truth_about_david_watson_aka_sam_the_skunk/



GMO Cannabis Watch: High Times, (DEA) Operation Green Merchant & the Cannabis Cup
 
Last edited:
Yeah, cops are generally not the brightest bulbs on a Christmas tree. They have attempted to flip at least 3 people on me. As well as 2 possible under cover cops. But at the same time you have a lot of stupid criminals too, like the 3 people I personally know are informants because while they failed to get me, they did however succeed on getting others pinched.

The DEA is a little better at their job though. They flipped El Chapo, of course he could be dumber than Al Capone was. Of course you question someone like El Chapo's loyalty, you will end up in a barrel of acid, just how the cartels work. Capone did his time like a man. El Chapo did not. Clearly you don't need to be smart to become a king pin, just ruthless Capone was ruthless, but solid. El Chapo was ruthless too, but an informant.

Not sure how smart El Chapo was, but Capone had an IQ of 85 which is average, of course he fucked up keeping records and nobody knew much about tax evasion back then.

The DEA is probably not that smart they work through informants.

How do we know that is the real chapo? I didnt do a dna test. Did you? He's had plastic surgery who knows how many times! Hell no they got the real one, FUCK NO! lol

He was working for the cia along with all the rest of the cartels....i wouldn't waste my time believing the gov or the fucking media....guy got away how many times? Do you think he would be dumb enough yo be fooled by a chick and sean penn? If it were the real chapo, they would be dead...especially penn! Gtfo!?! Just my .02....don't mean shit...but, i can say i am not a sheep nor am i stupid.....when was the last time the gov/media told the truth? The shuttle launches come to mind.....
 
Interesting, I had the opposite experience. Sensi Sk#1 was one of the worst plants I've ever grown. Inconsistent phenos lacking in power. After disappointing results from SK#1 and Northern Lights, I will never consider Sensi again for my seed needs.


Aloha
M
Hi I'm new here but I feel now is as good a time as any to start posting. I have grown sk#1 from sensi. The criticism I have about there sk#1 is the information given on the strain on their own website. When I ordered it from them the flowering time they state on the website is fifty days. Here's where my criticism starts the flowering period of there super skunk also states fifty days. But we know that their super skunk is a sk#1 cross Afghan T. The same way a white widow becomes a white rhino i.e. white widow cross Afghan T. One of the fundamental results of crossing both of these strains with the Afghan T is to shorten the flowering period and increase the yield. So my question is how can sensi advertise both sk#1 and super skunk as having a fifty day flowering period. It seemed a bit dodgy to me but I flowered the sk#1 for fifty days. It had a great high with a great taste but the fifty days were not enough to form solid buds. So obviously sensis sk#1 needs more than fifty days to reach its full potential and the advertised flowering period is not reliable. I only grew one myself as me and a friend were sharing three different F1 packs we bought not all from sensi. So let's say sesnsi sk#1 reasonably would need 65 days to flower. When it comes to the mister nice shit or sk#1 the stated flowering period is between 40 to 50 days I believe this information to be accurate. Because mister nice sk#1 is a sk1(Afghan Dom) cross sk1 I call it the super skunk No1 and would much rather use it for hybrids or to grow alone. This is based on the strength my experience with other Mr nice strains. I haven't grown shit yet but it is in my auction wins and I'm in about to have it shipped to me. Thanks for listening.
 
AFAIK Sam the Skunkman supplies Seedman and The Flying Dutchman with the original Skunk #1, but then apparently Mr Nice Shit is the authentic, real deal. So, wich is it? Are the all the same thing? Or have they been bred differently but from the same hybrid?

I've bought Seedsman the 'Original Skunk #1' aka 'The Pure' but have been told rather frustratingly by some people that they've grown it out themselves and had shit, poor tasting harvests. That worries me and makes me wonder if Seedsman The Pure and Mr Nice Shit are actually one and the same thing?

Please can someone clarify the situation for me as I keep hearing conflicting info. Apparently Sam the Skunkman himself, in the days of Overgrow, actually confirmed himself that he was supplying the Seedsman Seeds, so this confuses me!!
To be honest IMO about skunk1.
If you didn’t smoke the original back in the 80’and early 90’s you probably will never smoke it. About as rare as a winning lotto ticket with more than 6 zeros. Seriously the genetics are the same… 30+ years later . 🤔
The odoriferous plants are rare as hen’s teeth in a seed form these days no matter where you get the skunk1 seed.
If you want high quality get it here…
If you want a stinky remake of the late 80’s
Grow 1000 females and keep copies.
I’m not being unrealistic here either I too have been looking for that 1987 M9 Skunk1 I had that made me look like a master pot farmer.
I’m not but good genetics will do that for you. ☝️
 
Hello everyone:).

I would like to share my experiences with Sensi and Skunk #1
Well I dont like Sensi for many reason that are obvious for all of us that we study and follow the history of the plant.

Now about skunk #1 in sensi I saw 3 main phenos one cheese style, one red and very sweet( best one) and other similar to red but wasn't that nice.
Nice taste , looks the red had special effect but as plants where not that great, they didnt have the vigor and the development you would expect .
I also saw some afgani#1 from them and was the shitiest smell and smoke I ever had.
One good think to say about them is an amazing Shiva skunk keeper from them (crazy vigor with so skunky looks, amazing phenotype ) But that was pure luck the rest of the seeds where nothing to mention about.


Maybe Shanti still has the original father skunk#1 or mother :)

-SaveTheBrains
 
I’m not gonna trashtalk about other companies, but I never liked Skunk until I got Skunk from Shanti. World of difference people. Some of you saw my Critical Mass (pictures deleted, don’t want prove lingering around) and I had a catpiss pheno that made me love Skunk. Love, not like.
Don’t look for them fives and sixes, just try and compare and you will see who’s best.

Shanti does a mighty fine job in selecting, the proof is in the pictures and seeds.
 
Like @axiom sez, if you haven't smoked the 80's stuff, you'd be hard pressed to find it today. It is unfortunate that the terpene profile was bred out and pretty much lost. I certainly am not willing to spend the time in re-creation when there is so much other fantastic stuff out there today. And the high is the same or better. As a friend said the other day, "the only way you will truly let go and forget about her is to get rid of her phone number."

mu
 
The original skunk comes from the Netherlands in the late 70's.
It wasn't named after the animal but a mix of ska and punk and initially it wasn't weed either, but a song from a cult band.

In 1980 there was also an album released called skunk with this -locally- famous song on it;
Nederwiet

After that it became a habbit to call nederwiet skunk, which then became a generic name for nederwiet.
That was a few years before Sam arrived in the Netherlands.
Skunk#1 of course comes from him, because he called it first.
Original skunk means so many different things to different people it doesn't mean that much.

Skunk pheno's are very interesting though; it seems they are only found in area's where skunks live.
We know cannabis is capable of mimicking other smells like mango so why not skunk smell as well?

skunkWC.jpg

Just No.
 
The skunks is a big debate and the truth is that you can find them everywhere and nowhere :LOL::D.
Depends what is the skunk you looking for.


Back in 2007 is my short visit in AMS I brought back few seeds, catalogs and a yellow book In one this two was written the story of N seeds and from what I remember he was clearly stating that he took some seeds from the best skunks he work with ( he was working for somebody in the scene that had the original skunk genetics and kept some seeds ) He left his work and with the seeds he took from there started his seeds bank .

In my surprise I read the newer version of his seeds bank and is not mentioned anymore this story, something that I founded weird to change the story .
You can make your own understanding from this .

Unfortunately you cant trust the scene :cry:is to much ego and money involved, there are only few exceptions .
They say they have something but they dont even know what they really have and sale to people .
The just name it our of something will make profit .

That is why narrow the searching and stop to the one has the moms and dads back from this days still alive:love: .
Sure bid is all the skunk#1 crossings Mr Nice has, plus the new skunk is the best start for your holly Skunk#1 journey.:)

-SaveTheBrains
 
That article isnt about genetic heritage, the name came from a song.



Nederwiet is not a specific strain, it is any weed grown in the Netherlands.



Indeed, skunk#1 came from Corralitos near Sta. Cruz, beautiful area.
But where did the skunk name come from?


After the album came out (the most popular Dutch album ever) skunk became a code name for nederwiet. That is a part of Dutch cannabis culture.
This was a few years before Sam arrived in the Netherlands, who was then clever enough to pick that already popular name.

On 20 March 1985 he was arrested by the Drugs Task Force and charged with possession and cultivation of large amounts of cannabis.
Officially he was released again on the 4th of December 1985.
Meanwhile he was invited to the Netherlands and arrived there (for sure) summer 1985.
On 17 June 1986 the charges against him were dismissed in the interest of justice.



What was interesting about skunk#1 wasn't the quality, which really wasn't that great, but the shape, which made it possible to be grown indoors.
Northern Lights, Super Silver Haze and White Widow were the game changers that made many people switch to weed. I was there.
For me skunk is like ogkush in us, but us don't produce and breed skunk anymore.so for me Europe is the origin of skunk
 
From what i can gather... It was Rob Clarke that named Sams line "skunk" but in a "Jesus man you smell like a skunk" way, not because it smelled anything like the animal. I'm not sure who came up with the theory but i concur with it that the American roadkill skunk was early Afghani. The vast majority of American cannabis users would've been unfamiliar with the rankness these plants can produce due to the geographical abundance of mexican columbian etc etc..

If you look at the supposed timeline of road kill skunk, it almost perfectly matches the introduction of Afghani genetics to northern America.

Food for thought, this is just my opinion.

peace.

Ps, Skunk#1 is dead, long gone. What we have now is an afghan dom descendant...
 
Last edited:
I too have been searching for true Skunk #1 and this thread comes up, so I am reporting my findings as well as summarizing what has been reported in this thread to help future hunters.

I am by no means a strain historian, just someone who smoked skunk in the early 90s and is looking for nostalgia. Hell, I may not have actually smoked legit Skunk #1 as regs were the norm, but I hunt nonetheless. The fact of the matter is after this many years it's likely we'll never duplicate this era of experience due to all of us being 30-40 years older and not only are our bodies different but we romanticize the old days to the point where nothing will match them. The strains too have changed, bred and crossed countless times with most if not all of the original preservations being lost. Add to that the conflicting information regarding who had "true" Skunk #1, or if Skunk #1 is what people actually smoked or if it was something else since "skunk" is used loosely. I have no opinion on any of the names mentioned below, this is strictly the information I've gathered.

Skunk #18 and O.G. Skunk #1, bred by Uncle Fester in the '60s and '70s and refined by nephew Master Thai. I haven't looked into either strain and assume they are gone but if anyone has reason to believe they are offered somewhere let me know and I may include them if legit.

Roadkill Skunk (RKS) is a 1-in-20 pheno from Uncle Fester's breeding which had the putrid skunk smell.

Skunk #1, numerous names associated with this strain, some/most altered it from original lineage. The original, including Skunk #18 and O.G. Skunk #1, were mostly Sativa from Afghan (25%), Colombian Gold (50%), and Acapulco Gold (25%) but more Indica has been introduced over time.
  • AG Seeds (Todd McCormick) sells Original Skunk No.1 IBL (Inbred Line) Regular Seeds which are 75:25 Sativa/Indica. The site states the seeds originated from Sam and given to Mel Frank who preserved them.
  • Mr Nice sells Shit, which is Skunk #1 crossed with a landrace Afghani so it is Indica dominant and bred by Nevil and Shantibaba. Mr Nice also sells Neville's Skunk which is a cross between Neville's Haze with "old school" "skunk genetics", breeders listed as Nevil and Shantibaba. Skunk #1 not specified, appears Sativa dominant.
  • Sensi Seeds sells Skunk #1 Regular Seeds that have been stabilized with other strains and is 35:65 Sativa/Indica.
  • Dutch Passion sells Skunk #1 Regular Seeds and Feminized. States the original is 75:25 Sativa/Indica, and while theirs has been refined it is still predominantly Sativa though no detailed ratio.
  • Barney's Farm sells Skunk #1 Regular Seeds and Feminized. Strain is 30:70 Sativa/Indica.
  • Other white label places offer Skunk #1 from the above or others of unknown origin or their own breeding.
‘79 FL Heirloom Skunk BXl (from the origin of 79 skunk) and ‘81 FL Heirloom Skunk F4 (original) seem to be closer to RKS type but don't know the true lineage, with the former seemingly smelling more strongly of sulfur. Sunshine State Seed Co sells Regular Seeds but you can find Feminized and crosses of the two from Katsu Seeds and others.


I'll edit this if anything is conclusively false or new information comes to light.
 
We think the Cheese came from a batch from 1985 SS seed. The same stock Shanti likely has as it's from Nevil. It's a very rare type perhaps it shows less than 5% of a population that Sam had.

These smells would have degraded in the IBL as the plants were cultivated under glass and not having the natural pressures and pests to fully elicit these odours.

Ethyl merceptan or Ethanethiol is one of the smells in Cheese along with Methyl butyrate an apple kind of scent taste or pineapples and the Hawaiian punch aroma if the Skatole is low. It is highly toxic to an aquatic organisms and thus would be removed for Sam's hemp breeding.

He was a hemp breeder not a ganja breeder, not a resin farmer by any modern standards. A tag along and a hinderance.

Cadaverine and Putrescine however smell like a dead corpse and that isn't something that you find in any combination of any modern crosses, not in any of the lines you have listed above. This would likely be the starting material that the 'crew' he begged borrowed and stole from had found in more wild types. Maybe even seeds from Quintero.

I have found a 'melena' smelling phenotype in some plants I made in 2018 but it's a long way off dead corpse and it's just high in Skatole what I think would be Afghan S type and lacking in any floral notes and like a stomach bile baby sick thing like we used to get in a lot of Dutch import before Scott went to Switzerland.

 
Last edited:
[*]Mr Nice sells Shit, which is Skunk #1 crossed with a landrace Afghani so it is Indica dominant and bred by Nevil and Shantibaba. Mr Nice also sells Neville's Skunk which is a cross between Neville's Haze with "old school" "skunk genetics", breeders listed as Nevil and Shantibaba. Skunk #1 not specified, appears Sativa dominant.


the description is "Skunk#1 (Dom. Afghan) x Skunk#1" not afghan

is more the nordle "50% Afghan, 50 % Skunk#1"
 
Back
Top