CM first time grow

good luck!!!

curious to see some more CM shots. Currently rooting 14 CM cuttings. I'll be watching.

Dont be parionod matey,, I know its a first time thing etc, however at the end of the day your not doing wrong are you'' - a couple of plants used by yourself and kept to yourself for whatever medicinal use they hold dear value to,

Sure its ilegal for alot of us here also, but i tell ya what if i ever get busted for doing what i consider a professional job like any legal profession out there, then my defence is simple, anything taken off the internet used against me can be made admisable for lack of proof who really wrote this!?! even if they did its a medicinal purpose for all i do and say really,

Ive got to know my own countrys legal system pretty well over the last 30 years and come to notice judges love hearing what the defendent has to say for themselves when asked, there looking for signs of truth/remorse/honesty, and why i could basically defend myself if ever need be, "touch bud i dont"

plus no ones bothered tracking small potatos aye!
cost too much tax payers money to bust you sorta thing"

later,- bam

Dont be parionod matey,, I know its a first time thing etc, however at the end of the day your not doing wrong are you'' - a couple of plants used by yourself and kept to yourself for whatever medicinal use they hold dear value to,

Sure its ilegal for alot of us here also, but i tell ya what if i ever get busted for doing what i consider a professional job like any legal profession out there, then my defence is simple, anything taken off the internet used against me can be made admisable for lack of proof who really wrote this!?! even if they did its a medicinal purpose for all i do and say really,

Ive got to know my own countrys legal system pretty well over the last 30 years and come to notice judges love hearing what the defendent has to say for themselves when asked, there looking for signs of truth/remorse/honesty, and why i could basically defend myself if ever need be, "touch bud i dont"

plus no ones bothered tracking small potatos aye!
cost too much tax payers money to bust you sorta thing"

later,- bam

True that!

Okay, well to reiterate what my first post was:

400w mh for veg
400w hps for flowering
2 CM seeds from MNS
I will repost my pictures to my profile tomorrow. Sorry I freaked out and was thinking, "why would I put a post about what I'm doing so authorities can find me?" Lol

Anyways, I am using a homemade aeuroponic system for my seedlings.

The biggest plant in the pictures is 2 weeks from seed and the other is 1 week from seed.
I almost killed the big one because of the jiffy pellet I used and it almost died from dehydration. I transplanted to rockwool.

Ill post pics throught grow! Thanks for the courage guys!

True that!

Okay, well to reiterate what my first post was:

400w mh for veg
400w hps for flowering
2 CM seeds from MNS
I will repost my pictures to my profile tomorrow. Sorry I freaked out and was thinking, "why would I put a post about what I'm doing so authorities can find me?" Lol

Anyways, I am using a homemade aeuroponic system for my seedlings.

The biggest plant in the pictures is 2 weeks from seed and the other is 1 week from seed.
I almost killed the big one because of the jiffy pellet I used and it almost died from dehydration. I transplanted to rockwool.

Ill post pics throught grow! Thanks for the courage guys!

Okay, so I reposted my grow pictures. Plant 1 is 2 weeks old right now; Plant 2 is 1 week old right now. Keep that in mind, that P1 is 1 week older than P2 in upcoming photos.

The pics of P1 at 2weeks and P2 at 1week are dark because I didn't want to wake the babies up in dark cycle. Does anyone have any clues as to where their development is in terms of being on track or having slow development at these ages? Like I said, this is my first project.

THANKS!

Good idea, i'll do that from now on! Thanks!

I will be transplanting both plants into a simple dwc setup tomorrow because this aeroponics system is giving me such a headache trying to adjust the pH and trying to move around all the parts to change nutes.

Two simple airstones in two simple totes sound good to me.

Also, I uploaded two new daylight pics of both plants. Comments welcome, what do u guys think of the babies?!

PEACE, LOVE, and OBAMA

heatsink

here, Nice, i'll do you a solid and take the heat off ya- HEY PIGGIES! YEAH, YOUS, IT'S ME, JJ.. COME GET ME!! HA HA... sweet. jj

update, after fooling around with the liquid pH testing kit from GH, I was going crazy trying to balance it.

I broke down and bought an electronic Hanna pH tester. I calibrated it with the pH 4 solution and calibrated the pH 7 with deionized water, but since I know DI water is at about 6.8-9, I adjusted the pH 7 at 6.9 with the DI water.

My pH in the setup was actually at 8.5. I have it down at 5.8-5.7. Hope the babies like the pH better, now!

How often should I check pH? once a day or twice a day?

ALRIGHT!

here are pics of my babies after I finally bought the electronic pH meter and have them at the right pH! I've only had pH adjusted for 1 day and they're loving it so much! I can tell a difference in yellow tint and they're already bigger after one day! Thank who ever invented the electronic pH meter!

(i realize the growth has been stunted due to my errors and trial and error due to this being my first time in hydroponics, or plant-growing, at all. i haven't had a person tell or show me what to do, so this is all just me learning as i go!)

tell me what u guys think!

Plant 1 at (2.5 weeks)
IMG00078-20110517-1515.jpg

Plant 2 at (1.5 weeks)
IMG00079-20110517-1515.jpg

FEEDBACK, por favor!

hey nice, regarding nutrient managment, a lot depends on the volume of the reservoir to plant activity ratio.. also, don't get carried away trying to get ph spot on. in the recommended range is all that's needed.. the ph should b stable at the moment as your kids are only small. what size res u using? . .. .jj

Last edited:
Hi Nicessity!

Beginner luck! with the genetic you have you already have 50% chance of success the other 50% is the environment temperature, humidity, light. ventilation and nutriment...

So I think it looking good I set your success level at 85%

check your ph every days to see if it stable! after a week you'll be able to see for how long yours solution is stable!

8.5 ph is there any nute inside that mix! your ph it weird, what the ph of the water you use, the nutriment should lower your ph usually!

I'm not really use to aeroponic!
In order for the peoples to help what nutriment do you use?
PPM pen also can be a good idea!

Good luck and Welcome to mns!
MT

yeah, id buy proper calibration solutions.. like the single use pack that Hanna make. so the questions mount up.

1.size of res
2.type/brand of nute.
3.temp of nutrient solution in the res?

(edit)- i agree with MasterTrooper's gameplan..

Last edited:
Thanks for all the prompt feedback, mates!

My original reservoir was 10 gallon, in the original aeroponic system. The current setup, which I will take a photo of later, is a two-container system. Each DWC, which I changed to, from the aeroponic system because I'm a noob, and have no business trying to use such an advanced system on my first grow, is filled with little over 3 gallons with seedling/half strength nutrients from Holland's Secret: Micro, Grow, and Bloom mixed, as per the bottle states for seedlings.

So, there you have it:
- (2) 3 gallon reservoirs, each supporting 1 plant in 5" net-pots with hydroton.
- Holland's Secret: 3 part solution at half strength
- My water is right at pH 7.1 after taking chlorine out
- I am changing nutrients once per week
- GH pH down to bring pH down, diluting DI water to bring pH up, if needed

What, exactly, am I lucky about? Haha. I'm not very educated on the phenotypes and what not!
The temperature is at 70-75 degrees F when lights are off and about 80-83 degrees F when light is on. I have the 400w MH at about 18 inches about both plants. I have a vertical fan circulating the air in the room, and the tile on the ceiling is removed to allow air to vent out through the house.

Any more pointers, guys? Today was the first day I wasn't pulling my hair out because of something I did wrong or didn't know how to do! I actually enjoyed moving the pH down and measuring it briskly with my new meter and spraying them both with a little nutrient water to make the leaves happy!

-nice-

P.S.
The reason the pH was so crazy, even with the nutrients, is because I was getting crazy readings with the liquid test tube pH tester, which SUCKS! And I was using pH up to get it to what I thought was the right pH. Haha

P.S.
The reason the pH was so crazy, even with the nutrients, is because I was getting crazy readings with the liquid test tube pH tester, which SUCKS! And I was using pH up to get it to what I thought was the right pH. Haha

not sure what went wrong while you were testing with the liquid tester
when i wondered how acurate i was useing the liquid testers i took mine into my local hydro shop and tested my own water with thier "electronic pH meter" and my liquid tester , turned out my liquid tester was very acurate , only downfall is your guessing from 6 to 6.5 to 7 sorta , but for soil/soiless the liquid one is fine , im always in the 6 to 6.5 range

now you have the "electronic pH meter" so no worries anyway lol

best of luck and here is to enjoying even better bud then before :D

not sure what went wrong while you were testing with the liquid tester
when i wondered how acurate i was useing the liquid testers i took mine into my local hydro shop and tested my own water with thier "electronic pH meter" and my liquid tester , turned out my liquid tester was very acurate , only downfall is your guessing from 6 to 6.5 to 7 sorta , but for soil/soiless the liquid one is fine , im always in the 6 to 6.5 range

now you have the "electronic pH meter" so no worries anyway lol

best of luck and here is to enjoying even better bud then before :D

Hey man, cheers to you, too! The reason my liquid tests weren't accurate is because there was always residue from the last test or from water from rensing in the tube when I tested a sample, and I was trying to adjust the level over and over and the liquid just took way too much time and guestimation when I had no idea how much up or down I needed to add.

Kudos to you for being able to master the liquid testing kit, though!

Hey Nicessity, I see no problems with your little ones. They look on target to me. I found this strain to be forgiving with mistakes. It tends to be a slow grower but don't be fooled, once in flower it turns into a monster. Most of mine were smaller in veg than the other strains I had but the finished product was 3 to 5 times a much. The resin production was greater than any other strain I have grown to date and the bag appeal is A1, though that is not what I grow it for. My wife used to run out between grows, usually about a month before the other was to harvest, and since growing CM a couple of times I haven't had that problem at all.:)

Thanks mate! I kind of thought it was growing slow compared to other strains' growth diaries on here. I didn't know if I was doing something wrong or what haha. My apologies, I thought you were a female because I just thought of "Dawn" as a feminine name. Sorry about that! I hope you stick around to critique my first grow, ever!

-nice-

Back