Butta Radio

^^^^ Great Album! I don't think think that there is a bad song on that album. Guitarist Steve Hunter just crushes it on every song. He also wrote the 'Intro' to the above song, 'Sweet Jane'. Another song I like on the album is 'White Light/White Heat'. The song is about the sensations produced by intravenous injection of methamphetamine and features a heavily distorted electric bass outro played by John Cale over a single chord. This bass solo purportedly mimics the throbbing, ear-ringing effects experienced during the methamphetamine "rush."

musashi asked: "Did someone mention debauchery?"

Yes, indeedy.
I was saying that
if I had a dress like that
and legs like that
and could play
guitar like that
AND
I had a full length mirror
in the house, most likely
I would never have to
leave the house.
Except maybe,
to get some
Mac's Original
Fried Pork Skins!
Maybe.

1971 found me dropping out of college, hitchhiking from S.F. Cali to NYC and catching a flight to Luxembourg. I spent 2 months traveling Europe by Eurail. Mostly holed up with some GI's in an apartment out of Ansbach, GER with the days spent smoking Lebanese and too, the hash from Morocco and Nepal, mixing tobacco and packing the chillums. So lethal. I'd get up in the morning and my task was to go get some wurst, bread, cheese and may wine. Back at the apartment each chair and both sides of the sofa had a stack of comic books. The room was replete with a quadrophonic sansui stereo system. 1971 was a good year.

The boys banged their heads to this one:

I was more inclined to:

mu

Back