Black Widow x Zunami Test

Day 89 for my girls and they got the chop today. This strain has been amazing to run. No intersex traits on any of them, they have some very diverse smells and they get super dense with heaps of frosty crystals! They yield really well too. I opted for a 14 hours on and 10 hours off flowering regime for the first 3 weeks of flower. I normally go 4 but these girls stretched pretty heavily so I turned it back to 12/12 after 3 weeks. As you can see, they got super dense! A massive thank you to @shantibaba and @musashi for letting me test these out, I really appreciate it :) I'll do a smoke report and some dried nug shots in the next week or so once they've had time to hang.

Details for the grow:
Medium used: 50/50 coco and perlite
Nutrients: PowerSi, Aptus Start Boost (Veg), Aptus Bloom Boost (Flower), Green Planet Trio 3 part (veg and flower), Cyco Potash, Swell and Sugar Rush (flower).
pH - Veg: 6.0, Flower onset 6.2 and Swell 6.4. Water used was tap water that had been off gassed for at least 48 hours to remove chlorine.
Temps - Ranged from 10 celcius (hence the purple) (night) to 28 degrees (day time).

Black Zu #1 - This one smelt of gassy fruit, like it had fermented but still kept some of the sweetness.

View attachment 91974
View attachment 91975
View attachment 91977
View attachment 91976

Black Zu #2 - This lovely lady, which was my favourite to grow and got so dense, smelt like sweet, fruity menthol and a hint of skunk. I really liked the knotty buds too!
View attachment 91978
View attachment 91979
View attachment 91981
View attachment 91980

Great job @easty (y)

You definitely did these ladies justice :)

Can't wait to read your final smoke report (y)

Love 'Black Zu'
MB
 
Great job @easty (y)

You definitely did these ladies justice :)

Can't wait to read your final smoke report (y)

Love 'Black Zu'
MB
Thanks so much mate, that is very kind of you to say! Honestly, they grew themselves so I'm only too happy to show them off 😀

Yours is coming along really nicely too mate. You're going to have some very dank buds in your near future 💪

Cheers
Easty
 
Day 100 🎉 (day 56 at 12/12)

I dimmed down the LED to 75%. The rest of the set up stayed untouched and 'Black Zu' seems to love it :)
full

Top shot
full

Main cola
full

Bud shot ❄️
full

Trichome shots :love:
full

full

full

full

More and more pistils turn brown and the trichomes look surprisingly milky at this stage (y)

Some more facts.
height ~82 cm (~33 inches)
air temperature ~24,5°C
RH ~60%
water temperature ~22,0°C
pH ~5,6
EC ~1396
LED at 75%

Stay patient
MB

Day 105 (day 61 at 12/12)

No changes at the set up und 'Black Zu' looks and smells wonderful :love:
full

Top shot
full

Main cola
full

Bud shot
full

Trichome shots
full

full

full

More and more pistils turn brown and I found some amber trichomes (y)

Some more facts.
height ~82 cm (~33 inches)
air temperature ~27,5°C
RH ~55%
water temperature ~23,0°C
pH ~5,7
EC ~1364
LED at 75%

And for some fun on the weekend I cut off a test bud and let it dry in a paper bag :)
full


The end is near
MB
 
Last edited:
Day 105 (day 61 at 12/12)

No changes at the set up und 'Black Zu' looks and smells wonderful :love:
full

Top shot
full

Main cola
full

Bud shot
full

Trichome shots
full

full

full

More and more pistils turn brown and I found some amber trichomes (y)

Some more facts.
height ~82 cm (~33 inches)
air temperature ~27,5°C
RH ~55%
water temperature ~23,0°C
pH ~5,7
EC ~1364
LED at 75%

And for some fun on the weekend I cut off a test bud and let it dry in a paper bag :)
full


The end is near
MB

Day 106 (day 62 at 12/12)

Today I made a little photo shooting with my lovely 'Black Zu' :love:
Photos were taken with an old Canon EOS 40D with Canon EFS 17-85mm and the flash was covered with white sandwich paper.
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full


Thanks to @shantibaba and @musashi for making this dream come true :)

For the love of the plant
MB
 
i got a big diffenrece between the number 1 and 2
at all the plan the number 2 is better

more early than the number 1 no bud for the moment
the odor is 3 or 4 times more powerfull

the 2 plants have the same odor of resine and a back ground of exotic candy

i think the plant number 2 will be the best plant i have grow since a very long time i m so exiting to see the final product

zu1


zu1.JPG

zu2

zu2.JPG
 
i got a big diffenrece between the number 1 and 2
at all the plan the number 2 is better

more early than the number 1 no bud for the moment
the odor is 3 or 4 times more powerfull

the 2 plants have the same odor of resine and a back ground of exotic candy

i think the plant number 2 will be the best plant i have grow since a very long time i m so exiting to see the final product

zu1


View attachment 92213

zu2

View attachment 92214

They look great @quinxstar (y)

MB
 
It's only the top of the main cola that is closest to the LED (only ~30cm/~12 inches distance). I had the same problem with my Shit and Skunk Haze grows, too.
Maybe the top gets burned by the light :unsure:

MB
you have not enought air flow and bud are big

i had the same with the g13afgsk this part is dry but was unsmokable because the mold was inside the bud

it's was with a 600hps for me but exactly the same thing
 
you have not enought air flow and bud are big

i had the same with the g13afgsk this part is dry but was unsmokable because the mold was inside the bud

it's was with a 600hps for me but exactly the same thing
You were right @quinxstar (y)

I cut off the brown top of the main cola and it looked like mold :( Hopefully the rest of the plant isn't affected.

Thanks for your help
MB
 
Sorry to hear about the mould @Mr. Brown I had one of my girls do the same but with a bud further down. I lost a whole branch but got it early enough that it didn't affect the other buds or plants!

I've smoked two of my 5 so far and holy shit, one of my girls made me green out 🤣 I'd had 3 beers on an empty stomach and 1 pipe sent me spinning. I was cooking pulled pork too and had to get my wife to take over ha ha. The Black Zu is some strong as weed 🔥🔥🔥
 
Sorry to hear about the mould @Mr. Brown I had one of my girls do the same but with a bud further down. I lost a whole branch but got it early enough that it didn't affect the other buds or plants!

I've smoked two of my 5 so far and holy shit, one of my girls made me green out 🤣 I'd had 3 beers on an empty stomach and 1 pipe sent me spinning. I was cooking pulled pork too and had to get my wife to take over ha ha. The Black Zu is some strong as weed 🔥🔥🔥

Thank you @easty :)

It seems that I cut off the affected parts early enough. The rest of the plant looks good and I hope I can get her over the finish line.

Your smoke report sounds promising (y)

MB
 
Last edited:
Day 106 (day 62 at 12/12)

Today I made a little photo shooting with my lovely 'Black Zu' :love:
Photos were taken with an old Canon EOS 40D with Canon EFS 17-85mm and the flash was covered with white sandwich paper.
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full


Thanks to @shantibaba and @musashi for making this dream come true :)

For the love of the plant
MB
Day 110 (day 66 at 12/12)

Unfortunately I had to cut off parts of the main cola and some lower buds because they were affected by mold. Hopefully the rest of my lovely 'Black Zu' will make it to the end.
I dimmed down the LED to 60% to start the final flowering stage.
full

Top shot
full

Main cola :(
full

Bud shot
full

Trichome shots :love:
full

full

full

full

full


To me this lovely lady looks almost ready. I think I will give her another 7-10 days for some more amber before I chop her and hang her heads down for drying :)

Some more facts.
height ~82 cm (~33 inches)
air temperature ~27,9°C
RH ~58%
water temperature ~22,8°C
pH ~6,1
EC ~1365
LED at 60%

Be patient
MB
 
Last edited:
Thank you @easty :)

It seems that I cut off the affected parts early enough. The rest of the plant looks good and I hope I can get her over the finish line.

Your smoke report sounds promising (y)

MB
You'll be good from here mate, just keep it dry in the room, maybe put an extra fan in if you can, it sure helped mine!

I'm kind of scared to smoke the others now 🤣
 
Day 110 (day 66 at 12/12)

Unfortunately I had to cut off parts of the main cola and some lower buds because they were affected by mold. Hopefully the rest of my lovely 'Black Zu' will make it to the end.
I dimmed down the LED to 60% to start the final flowering stage.
full

Top shot
full

Main cola :(
full

Bud shot
full

Trichome shots :love:
full

full

full

full

full


To me this lovely lady looks almost ready. I think I will give her another 7-10 days for some more amber before I chop her and hang her heads down for drying :)

Some more facts.
height ~82 cm (~33 inches)
air temperature ~27,9°C
RH ~58%
water temperature ~22,8°C
pH ~6,1
EC ~1365
LED at 60%

Be patient
MB
Day 115 (day 71 at 12/12)

No changes at the set up and 'Black Zu' looks happy :) Fortunately I found no more signs of mold (y)
full

Top shot
full

Main cola
full

full

Bud shots
full

full

Trichome shots
full

full

full

full

full

Most pistils turned brown and lots of trichomes are milky (y) I'll wait for some more amber and let her go for at least 1 more week.
What do you guys think?

Some more facts.
height ~82 cm (~33 inches)
air temperature ~28,9°C
RH ~47%
water temperature ~25,2°C
pH ~6,1
EC ~1377
LED at 60%

Getting ready
MB
 
Back
Top