Black Widow x Zunami Test

Looking good @Mr. Brown not long now, I see a small patch that might be mold View attachment 92549
Thank you 'Eagle Eye' @eazynz ;)

But fortunately it was only a little piece from the affected bud I cut off last week :)
full

full

MB

Ok...smoke report now that I've tried all 5 of my girls!

BZ #1 - cured for two weeks. Smells of gassy menthol with a fruity backend. Wow, this one hit like a freight train. I stupidly had a cone after having a couple of beers and no lunch, ended up greening out hard. Really heavy stone and lasted for 4 hours. No paranoia, just really stoned. Very potent pheno this one.
Yield - 37.56g

PXL_20240826_193537945.MP_copy_1388x1849_1.jpg

BZ #2 - cured for 3 weeks. Smells of fruity, fuely gas. Smokes really smooth, instant hit to the eyes. No paranoia, bit of heart race but it settles down pretty quickly and into the solid stone that it is. This one is very potent too!
Yield - 49.4g

PXL_20240828_073025320_copy_1388x1849.jpg

BZ #3 - Cured for 3 weeks. Slightly sweeter than number 2 but still has that fuely smell to it too. If you stick your nose right in there is some menthol as well. Had one cone and this one hits hard and fast, very racy heart but smooths off into a real dreamy stone, hard to concentrate so I had to lie down and just enjoy it properly! Very potent and very tasty weed!
Yield - 40.1g

PXL_20240828_073133692_copy_1388x1849.jpg
BZ #4 - cured for 3 weeks. Smells of sweet fruit. Hit nicely between the eyes, smooth stone, very eye heav, no dry mouth on this one. No anxiety but cooking dinner was challenging.
Yield- 36.82g

PXL_20240826_193503431_copy_1388x1849.jpg

BZ #5 - cured for 2 weeks. Smells of ripe fruit and pine. 1 hit on the pipe and it's done the job. Takes about 5mins to come on but as soon as it does it's full desert mouth. Solid stone, hits behind the eyes and you know you are whacked, I would say this is pretty potent. No heart racing and paranoia, a nice buzz overall. Definitely a more stoney stone, had to lie down.
Yield - 49.2g

PXL_20240826_193650800.MP_copy_1388x1849.jpg

Overall, I would very happily grow this strain again and I'm very much hoping there are still seeds around as I stupidly didn't take any cuts as I was expecting to be away for 2 mths. Now I didn't go and am spewing I didn't take cuts 😫

A massive shoutout to @shantibaba and @musashi for the opportunity to test this gear, it is sensational 🙏

For those interested, more Zumis here:

Day 115 (day 71 at 12/12)

No changes at the set up and 'Black Zu' looks happy :) Fortunately I found no more signs of mold (y)
full

Top shot
full

Main cola
full

full

Bud shots
full

full

Trichome shots
full

full

full

full

full

Most pistils turned brown and lots of trichomes are milky (y) I'll wait for some more amber and let her go for at least 1 more week.
What do you guys think?

Some more facts.
height ~82 cm (~33 inches)
air temperature ~28,9°C
RH ~47%
water temperature ~25,2°C
pH ~6,1
EC ~1377
LED at 60%

Getting ready
MB

Day 120 (day 76 at 12/12)

Chop, chop!
Who is there?
Black!
Black who?
Black Zu!

Today was the day. After 36 hours of darkness I chopped her down, trimmed the branches and hung her in the tent for drying.
full

full

Top shot
full

Bud shot 🤩
full

Look who is gone
full

Main cola and some more
full

Trimmed branches hanging kind of heads down ;)
full

The smell is strong menthol with some subtle floral notes in the background. Very pleasant :love:

Some facts.
Air temperature ~19,5%
RH ~55%
Water content buds ~24,1 - 25,7%

I let them dry for ~4-5 days until the water content is down to ~12-14% and then put the buds in brown pharmacy bottles to start curing (y)

It was a pleasure to grow lovely 'Black Zu' :) My plan is to grow her again in living soil to see how she performs in a different environment.

She'll be back
MB

Last edited:

Chop, chop!
Who is there?
Black!
Black who?
Black Zu!

Today was the day. After 36 hours of darkness I chopped her down, trimmed the branches and hung her in the tent for drying.
full

full

Top shot
full

Bud shot 🤩
full

Look who is gone
full

Main cola and some more
full

full

The smell is strong menthol with some subtle floral notes in the background. Very pleasant :love:

Some facts.
Air temperature ~19,5%
RH ~55%

I let them dry for ~4-5 days until the water content is down to ~12-14% and then put the buds in brown pharmacy bottles to start curing (y)

It was a pleasure to grow lovely 'Black Zu' :) My plan is to grow her again in living soil to see how she performs in a different environment.

She'll be back
MB
Looks tasty mr brown 😋

Chop, chop!
Who is there?
Black!
Black who?
Black Zu!

full

full

Top shot
full

Bud shot 🤩
full

Look who is gone
full

Main cola and some more
full

full

Some facts.
Air temperature ~19,5%
RH ~55%

She'll be back
MB
Nice job Mr. Brown. :)👌
Looking forward to see grow in living soil. I believe that this will improve the quality of the flowers even more.

Thanks for sharing!

Chop, chop!
Who is there?
Black!
Black who?
Black Zu!

full

full

Top shot
full

Bud shot 🤩
full

Look who is gone
full

Main cola and some more
full

full

Some facts.
Air temperature ~19,5%
RH ~55%

She'll be back
MB
Fantastic mate! She got some some serious frost on her too 👏😍

I was invited to a smoke out at a good friends house on the weekend where everyone brings some buds to share. I took some of my Black Zu #1 and #3 and to say they were appreciated was an understatement! Every person there said they haven't been that stoned for a long time, we all had the craziest case of the munchies and one guy passed out after having 2 🤣 Everyone wanted cuts and stupid me didn't have any to share ☹️

Chop, chop!
Who is there?
Black!
Black who?
Black Zu!

full

full

Top shot
full

Bud shot 🤩
full

Look who is gone
full

Main cola and some more
full

full

Some facts.
Air temperature ~19,5%
RH ~55%

She'll be back
MB

Day 125 (day 5 drying)

Drying in progress :)
full

The smell is getting better day by day (y)

Some facts.
Air temperature ~20,5%
RH ~65%
Water content buds ~15,2 - 18,7%

Almost there
MB

Back