Are SSH, Jack Herer and Diesel the same thing?

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-shantibaba-mrnice-vu-du-com-support/4308-questions-nevil-6.html

If you want more info read the whole topic and other topics.
Nev and I had contact via pm and verified some of these issues for me.
You don't have to believe me as i stated these are the facts according to me.
Regards,
YS

Well Nev did not get his Hz seeds until 1985...

The first Haze hybrid that appears in the 1988 cat. was a Haze female crossed to a NL male.

The first NL#5Hz hybrid appears in the 1990 cat.

So it seems to me a bit farfetched to claim that the HzA died around 1984 or that Hz hybrids already existed.

Hope this helps.

Peace.

K.

The first Haze hybrid that appears in the 1988 cat. was a Haze female crossed to a NL male.

Hey kashrocks,

The first Haze Hybrid from Nevil that was offered through TheSeedBank (NL#1 x Haze) , used the HazeC male according to Nevil.

Do you refer to this one (NL#1xHzC) , or to the FirstHaze X [(RuderalisNL#1)x NL#1] ?

Last edited:
Hey kashrocks,

The first Haze Hybrid from Nevil (NL#1 x Haze) that was offered through TheSeedBank , used the HazeC male according to Nevil.

Do you refer to this one (NL#1xHzC) , or to the FirstHaze X [(RuderalisNL#1)x NL#1] ?

Hi L33t,

I reefer to the Haze x NL#1 hybrid published in the 1988 cat.

Would you have a link ?

Peace.

K.

Last edited:
Hi kashrocks ,

Nevil cleared things up regarding what he sold and said both NL1xHaze and NL5Haze seeds he used to sell were all from the Haze C

He mentioned in old posts that he had made seeds from his First Haze (female haze) but no hybrid seeds were ever sold in the market from this female haze plant or any other female haze plant either.

im dying to know what haze parent was used in your first haze hybrid released at the seed bank the hazeXnl1?

HzC

the 89 nl5haze
Was HzC. HzA died before commercial quantities were produced.

Female Hazes were not used to produce commercial quantities of seed.
N.

hope this helps

now , can you please post where you read that(the '88 catalog pic being Female haze hybrid..and btw are you sure you mean '88 and not '89?)

l33t

Hi L33t,

I reefer to the Haze x NL#1 hybrid published in the 1988 cat.

Would you have a link ?

Peace.

K.

Kash, I no longer have the 1988 catalog but Nevil's quotes from this forum reveal that L33t is correct:

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/74804-post380.html
The best haze hybrids that I bred came from the First Haze female I grew. It was bred to a 75% NL1 ruderalis male. I was so impressed that my first Haze release was NL1xHzC, from a select NL1 cut. It wasn't as good as it's predecessor.
Excluding FH female, the two males A+C were genetically the best (progeny testing). If any of the other females had better progeny than the males, I would have used them, but they didn't. Because of Hazes being slow to flower, it was more efficient to use the males, but this was not my motivation. I wish that I had kept FH, but such is life.
N.

...also...

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/74733-post376.html
"im dying to know what haze parent was used in your first haze hybrid released at the seed bank the hazeXnl1?"
HzC

"the 89 nl5haze"
Was HzC. HzA died before commercial quantities were produced.

Female Hazes were not used to produce commercial quantities of seed.
N.

L33t, it appears that not only do great minds think alike, they sometimes do it at the exact same time! It must be that all the Haze we consume is secretly synchronizing our brains here on the Mr. Nice forum... :D

The first NL#5Hz hybrid appears in the 1990 cat.

So it seems to me a bit farfetched to claim that the HzA died around 1984 or that Hz hybrids already existed.

Hope this helps.

Peace.

K.

Sigh, sadly kashsucks is correct.

Sam the Skunkman came to Holland in early 85, he brought the Haze with him and sold them to Nevil.

1988 catalogue - Haze x NL1

19057d1293731031-1985-seed-bank-catalog-7507sb88-5-copy-jpg

1989 catalogue - G13 x Haze (don't have this catalogue)

1990 catalogue - NL5 x Haze, Silver Pearl x Haze

19066d1293731229-1985-seed-bank-catalog-tsb1990page31-jpg

19069d1293731255-1985-seed-bank-catalog-tsb1990page61-jpg

On the subject of the Haze A male, Nevil's Haze is the only one that contains Haze A that has been released isn't it? Wouldn't that suggest the Haze A male survived into the 90s?

This is another example of how a pedigree database would answer all these types of queries.

Sup unc Y.S

thanks for straightening that out

Id love to know wat haze hybrids are in those pics .The big shot always reminded me of mothers finest .

Sup unc L33T

we got that straighten that out a while back Nevil had to tell me more than once LOL

and oh course you were right as usual

Great to see this kinda convo again being discussed n respected

BB

i think you hit it on the head with the date

1luvbigherb

On the subject of the Haze A male, Nevil's Haze is the only one that contains Haze A that has been released isn't it? Wouldn't that suggest the Haze A male survived into the 90s?

Both Mango Haze and NH use the Haze A male in the form of SKHzA and NL5HzA respectivelly

I believe that the Haze A was lost somewhere around '85 - '88. Nevil said he never managed to produce commercial quantities of HazeA hybrid seed thats why NL5HazeA was never offered commercially..
Therefore I think the haze A male must have been probably lost before the release of HazexNL1..

hey bigherb

well your persistance payed off hehe , its really good all those qs were finally answered by Nevil and we got a clear picture about what happened in the 80s/90s
allways better to know the real facts

Last edited:
Both Mango Haze and NH use the Haze A male in the form of SKHzA and NL5HzA respectivelly

I believe that the Haze A was lost somewhere around '85 - '88. Nevil said he never managed to produce commercial quantities of HazeA hybrid seed thats why NL5HazeA was never offered commercially..
Therefore I think the haze A male must have been probably lost before the release of HazexNL1..

You could well be right. This whole discussion faintly annoys me however because Nev has the answers and the disgraceful treatment he received has prevented us being able to ask the man himself.

Read my sig and remember that a lot of people don't want Nev around and one of the reasons is the issue we're finding right now - he can tell the truth about all kinds of breeds, many don't want this to happen.

I say fuck em and when Nev has a pedigree database they have lost that particular battle because the truth on lineages will be there for all to see and they can't dispute them because the proof is how they fit into the overall scheme of breeds within the database.

L33t said:
I believe that the Haze A was lost somewhere around '85 - '88.
It is a possibility...

But what is the point here?
I was basically simply commenting on what you had wrote earlier kashrocks..:
kashrocks said:
What I was only trying to show was that the HzA nor Hz hybrids existed around 1984.

Of course..you are well correct on this cause Nevil was clear that he got his haze in 85..
So , the Haze A was found around '85 the earliest..and as I believe it was gone by '88 the latest , otherwise Nev would have sold Haze A hybrid seeds..but never managed to do that because he lost the Haze A male as he said.

So , the Haze A was found around '85 the earliest..and as I believe it was gone by '88 the latest , otherwise Nev would have sold Haze A hybrid seeds..but never managed to do that because he lost the Haze A male as he said.

That about sums up the picture unless there are pieces of that picture we don't know about. I'd say 86 would be the earliest rather than 85 because of how long it would have taken to grow those seeds out with their long flowering times and Nev selected Haze A and C after progeny testing which takes more time so we might be talking 87 as the earliest he had identified Haze A and C as the best breeders of the bunch.

Hi all,
For those of you who may not be familiar with the oral history of "Diesel", below are some links for everyone to to brief themselves on.

DIESEL (chem/dawg) history & hybrids - Grasscity.com Forums

History of the Chemdawg Family, including Diesel and OG Kush - The Weed Forums Community | Powered by Cannabis

https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php?/topic/9017-history-of-the-chemdawg-family/

All of these stories seem to share similarities, does anyone have any information which differs from these three different sources? If so, please feel free to post them on the forum.

I used to smoke the original Chem, in the mid eighties, it was some of the most potent stuff I had ever tried at that time. Chem has been around for a long long time which leads me to believe it is not from a Holland Variety.

I don't know how the chem I am referring to relates to the chemdawg and deisel( I haven't smoked either one), but I have heard that those lines are descended from the original Chem Bud.

Back