April offer from MNS only...

Thanks Mr Smokey, You are most generous ,But I ordered some Holland's Hope from planet skunk the other day, I will see if they make it through customs.I will let you know how I go.

No worries mate.

But I'm going to try a new approach to cannabis breeding! :D I know this is going to sound like sacrilege to most, But I am going to cross breed to form and not function, Meaning I'm going to work towards a low THC ornamental version of cannabis with a riot of color. :D What do you think?


Purple.jpg


svspurpin.jpg


welcome_bud.jpg


normal_purple%20pot.jpg

Those are totally FAR OUT! Why not breed a version that looks that awesome, AND gets you high? Then you have something to look at while you get high. :D

On second thoughts maybe not!:D

So how do I order some of Shanti seeds, who is the the best seed seller to get them into OZ?

So PatrickStar which verity would you recommend?

Well, find the strain you like and order through the recommended stores. For example, a Dreamtime http://www.mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=19 contains a mixed bag of indoor strains (Walkabout is a mixed bag of outdoor seeds http://www.mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=36), then just click on 'order this strain' and click through to the sellers, then compare prices and take your pick. I've used Gypsy Nirvana's Seed Boutique, and got the seeds in 9 days.
 
For color + resin, I found Spice to be a standout, and SSH was a lil less colorful, but had a more 'open' budstructure as a group (which I like, personally).

Amazing color in the Spice (DARK indy dom plant) x SSH (squat but hazy male) cross that I tripped over ;) 2 summers ago, I had a few loaded up with pink pistils, and one that was well on her way to blackness before I pulled due to odor concerns (maybe ~2wks early). The Spice mom would go all candy colors if grown right. I kick myself when I think about letting that cut go. :angryface: Then I think of all the fun I have had and currently have ahead of me with her babies!!! :D
(and their babies, and their babies... :D)

Most plants will turn something other tha 'lime green' if run out properly, IME. (shows how many of my plants get 'run properly, lol)
 
Sounds like a really bad idea to me, kind of shows a lack of breeding skills too.
You should be able to create a beautiful looking plant with a variety of cannabinoids, due to the amount of different cannabis plants out there these days.

Breeding a non pscyoactive strain won't make the plant more acceptable imo, just add more confusion to things.

What happens when people want their ''normal'' looking MNS strains etc, to look like your hollywood buds, people will start to cross your strains with real strains and fuck things up for everyone by really messing up the gene pool,all for some pretty lookin buds?:confused:

The more traits you try and lock into a strain then the harder it gets, hence Soma's plants are beautiful to look at with their multi coloured leaves and buds, yet they consistently produce hermies and are pretty badly bred, inbred, femmed etc.
Shanti's strains on the other hand don't produce too much colour, but do have vigour,stability, are pretty much hermie free and get you really high/stoned which in my opinion are the more important traits.

I do believe, like you, that the average cannabis plant can look abit plain due to some of the prettier looking strains available these days, but that should motivate someone to start crossing MNS type quality strains with some of the better quality ''good looking strains'' like you posted pics of, and eventually we'll have some hollywood looking plants with some real soul.

Since hooking up with humans the hemp seed has evolved alot over time, and we're not finished with it yet,it's all about raising the bar constantly, onwards and upwards!
Peace, GG

Lets continue this conversation for the sake of argument and me being bored.:D I hear what your saying ,but if someone breed a strain of cannabis towards lets say the home garden ornamental market with out regard to drug production; I fail to see how this could have any effect on breeders who breed for resin glands?

The same as people bred cannabis for cloth and rope for the best of my knowledge it has had no effect on breeders breeding for cannabis consumption?

That would be rather interesting thing to know,Has the commercial strains of cannabis had any adverse effects to breeders such as Shanti?But I suspect the answer is probably No!

So if bred a novelty strain of cannabis with or without regard to drug production, But of course it would be a bonus if it was dripping with THC:D But based primarily on colour for a legalized market.

Since most plants in legal markets are sold by punnets of clones I don't think males or hermies would that much of an issue especially if grown as a ornamental.

But I still think it might be a good idea to plan ahead for a legal market there seem to be a trend in that direction. But for the sake of argument lets say that cannabis was legal how long do you think it would be before company's like Phillip Morris would get into act and dominate the industry and drive down the price of cannabis to it simply wasn't worth the effort to produce it.

I know! The thought it terrifies me as well "Then I would have to find a real job":D So now Phillip Morris owns the lion share of the worlds cannabis production, So what use now for seedbanks and breeders unless they can license there strains somehow?

So what would be left once the big conglomerates take over, The only market I see left is the home gardener. And if the can get perfect doobies at the corner store for the fraction of the price of growing your own, The only other reason to grow cannabis would be for ornamental reasons.

Am I wrong?
 
Yes I think your wrong,;)
why would Phillip Morris start selling ''perfect'' doobies in the corner store in the future.
They've been selling tobacco all this time and it's not perfect, far from with all the added chemicals it has in it.
Cannabis is a pretty cheap plant to grow indoors or out, but if it became legal the pirce of production would drop even more,
So I don't think your idea of breeding a novelty strain of pot has any justification, if the 2 above reasons are all you've got apart from pretty colours.

Regarding hemp effecting cannabis, I wouldn't want to be growing a crop of cannabis too close to a crop of either hemp or novelty strains for fear of cross pollination of them, definitly wouldn't want my plants mixing their genes with those 2 ''boring'' bastards genes.

I really don't think your idea is agood one, but.........

Peace,GG
 
Yes I think your wrong,;)
why would Phillip Morris start selling ''perfect'' doobies in the corner store in the future.
They've been selling tobacco all this time and it's not perfect, far from with all the added chemicals it has in it.
Cannabis is a pretty cheap plant to grow indoors or out, but if it became legal the pirce of production would drop even more,
So I don't think your idea of breeding a novelty strain of pot has any justification, if the 2 above reasons are all you've got apart from pretty colours.

Regarding hemp effecting cannabis, I wouldn't want to be growing a crop of cannabis too close to a crop of either hemp or novelty strains for fear of cross pollination of them, definitly wouldn't want my plants mixing their genes with those 2 ''boring'' bastards genes.

I really don't think your idea is agood one, but.........

Peace,GG

Hi GeneGenie

Well this maybe just a rumor but I have heard that Phillip Morris just brought up some 50,000 acres of prime Kush growing country in California. If that's true you can be sure they will be a major player in a legal industry.

I'm sure PM would have seen the money making potential of cannabis, I have heard that PM has already a patient on phenotype called "MARLEY!" So I can almost guarantee you the will be in the market big time.

The question is will there be any room left for the smaller players? But me living in Australia I should have a 5-10 year window to see how the pan out in Cali, Australia nearly always follows suit in anything USA does.

And yer I suspect PM will put shit loads of chemicals in there blunts, There not a company known for a social conscience, They kill millions a year without giving it a second thought. So what will they do to cannabis only time will tell ,Nothing good I suspect.

But if there past business model is anything to go on I'm sure they will buy out all the small players till they control the market. The only good news to come out of it will they will be able to get rid of those stupid medical marijuana dispensaries.

Cannabis is a pretty cheap plant to grow indoors or out, but if it became legal the pirce of production would drop even more
Your right it would drop in price, But would it be worth growing anymore if you could pick up a pak of blunts for just a few dollars. I don't think it would be. But I do have take issue with the price of growing indoors being cheap it's cost me hundreds just in lights alone not to mention all the other stuff needed. :D

I wouldn't want to be growing a crop of cannabis too close to a crop of either hemp or novelty strains for fear of cross pollination of them, definitly wouldn't want my plants mixing their genes with those 2 ''boring'' bastards genes.

Your right but I think your pretty safe if your growing indoors. But I do wonder how far can commercial hemp pollen can travel. But there are some wild strains of cannabis and the tend to only exist in small pockets doted around the place and they seem to interbred with itself without to much influence from outside stands.

Cheers :D
 
Hi GeneGenie

Well this maybe just a rumor but I have heard that Phillip Morris just brought up some 50,000 acres of prime Kush growing country in California. If that's true you can be sure they will be a major player in a legal industry.


Cheers :D

Kentucky & Virginia are prime Cannabis growing regions, with excellent soil, semi tropical climate, great annual rainfall.Kentucky's number one cash crop, cannabis. Phillip Morris' back yard. Why buy real estate in Cali with poor soil and spotty rainfall. Doesn't make much sense. That's rumor for you. :confused:
 
Waiting for Black Widow to grow

Smoke Dream... I really feel honored to make your list since I have been away for awhile, and I personally wanted to say welcome to you on this site. I am proud, proud,proud to be a member, and looking forward to another grow log involving Black Widow hopefully soon. The offer is excellent, but I have to decline at this time, and only wish I owned one million acres of High Grade MNS plants only!!! especially Haze,Black Widow,SSH,. The Great Ones!! peace, resinbud ;)
 
resinbud I hear what you say man! Im looking forward to black widow too, I just received some seeds "white rhino" from greenhouse, Fems, and most of them look like immature or unenviable seeds.

I mean Jezzus even in bush budd I used to get plump black seeds but these look all pale and suck arse! I got some Belladonna in the same order and they look good.

Greenhouse seeds doesn't care what seeds it sells it's customers "That piss poor way of running a business! Is right up there with amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com forget these scam artist's "I will catch up with ya's one day!" :D:D
 
Smoke Dream... I really feel honored to make your list since I have been away for awhile, and I personally wanted to say welcome to you on this site. I am proud, proud,proud to be a member, and looking forward to another grow log involving Black Widow hopefully soon. The offer is excellent, but I have to decline at this time, and only wish I owned one million acres of High Grade MNS plants only!!! especially Haze,Black Widow,SSH,. The Great Ones!! peace, resinbud ;)

What's up Resin,

Nice to see you around again. No probs about putting you down. Sorry, I wish I owned a butt load of acres too, call it, Dankland Co. lol Self Sufficient!
Anyways, your welcome, just looking out.

Here you go man, Booty time:D









http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niU4qb8EnM4

Later man,

-SD
 
WOW did i miss out there !

My wife would kill me if i spent 200 euros on seeds but i could of gone half's with a mate who actualy sent me here.


Rare opertunity for those who snatched up this offer.some nice looking strain mixes.
 
Back
Top