1985 seed bank catalog

He uses the name David Paul Watson in all his legal activities such as Hortapharm and the international Hemp Association.
When I bought the old Haze seeds from him after he called me desparate for money, I went to his flat in A'dam. He wasn't rich in those days, that's for sure, living in that flat with wife and daughter. I knew by then that I was dealing with a very difficult person. I brought a $2000 check with me and some cash. I knew he wouldn't like it, because he had to run it through a bank account. I wanted proof of payment for the purchase and to know who I was dealing with. The check cleared in an account held by David Watson. You can't just open a bank account in Holland unless you have proper ID.
I'd be surprised if he isn't DW.
N.
 
personally I wouldn't be surprised really , If Sam had dealings with the police/dea before he came over from the us , they could have well helped him get a new id card and open and account with . Afterall authorities' agencies give spooks and undercover police fake papers to travel etc everyday..
 
I really do not understand why Sam is so fussed about his name being out there. I recall he spoke at Hempfest in the US under his own name and his dealings with GW are well known under his real name. Why the subterfuge? - sounds like someone is running from his nefarious past.
 
Don't blame ya for taking a cheque Nev, sounds like a sensible idea for a man who was running a legal business at the time.

I agree Moose, in High Times he has been referred to as both David Watson and Sam Skunkman, I have read HTs where they have been writing about the HTCC and mentioned the presence of David Watson and others where they have mentioned Sam Skunkman being there.

I expect Sam/Dave is reading mrnice.nl all the time at the moment and not enjoying one second of it.

I suppose if you really wanna know more about skunkman the place to start digging would be the Santa Cruz PD, see if you could obtain info about the 1985 bust. Be interesting to see the other names that were bust at that time and then track em down, my bet is they all went to prison for a fair period of time.

Or get Ed R drunk and probe him for the juicy details! lol

ohsogreen the guy who handed round the 78 skunk beans last year said he knew Sam back in the 70s in Cali and he was an arrogant asshole then.

In the video someone posted a link to where Wernard talks about 'Miracle Sam' Howard Marks says something very interesting about how the DEA, UK Drug Squad and all other top law enforcement agencies have their guys in Amsterdam pretending to smoke and deal dope, Sam was almost certainly the DEA's man on the inside from 85 to 95 when he fled for a while after that Vpro radio show. I have a good idea who replaced him in 95 but as it's only my suspicion I won't say who it is but I expect there are plenty of people who can guess right away who I refer to.
 
the place to start digging would be the Santa Cruz PD
I found Pinkertons particularly useful when it comes to getting this kind of info. I used them to track down a guy who narced on some of my customers. Pinkertons just walk straight into the copshop and talk to the arresting officer. Records, names,addresses, phone numbers are happily provided by the cops for some reason.
N.
 
I suppose if you really wanna know more about skunkman the place to start digging would be the Santa Cruz PD, see if you could obtain info about the 1985 bust. Be interesting to see the other names that were bust at that time and then track em down, my bet is they all went to prison for a fair period of time.

All it would take to find this out is a simple Freedom of Information request to the Santa Cruz PD. That would be best done by an American citizen. Too easy and I am surprised that no-one has done this already, considering the implications of what info may be released. Further, if Sam was/is working hand in hand with LEO, they would be forced to decline the request, which would be an answer in itself IMO. Does anyone know if the santa Cruz newspapers carried any stories of the '85 bust? Maybe this is a task for JessE?
 
Last edited:
B!

Glad to see ya over here... fglad to see ya posting, I know tons of people around the world can benefit from your knowledge brother.

Lotsa love, Matthew

PS cool catalog pics! I don't have a copy of this one!
 
hey matt.... hows it going....



so.....

i actually went into the santa cruz public library as a favor for someone and digged through the old microfilm from the santa cruz sentinal from that time of the bust, but maybe i was not looking at the right dates, but i did not locate anything of intrest.....
 
All it would take to find this out is a simple Freedom of Information request to the Santa Cruz PD. That would be best done by an American citizen. Too easy and I am surprised that no-one has done this already, considering the implications of what info may be released. Further, if Sam was/is working hand in hand with LEO, they would be forced to decline the request, which would be an answer in itself IMO. Does anyone know if the santa Cruz newspapers carried any stories of the '85 bust? Maybe this is a task for JessE?

Yes, it's something a US citizen needs to do. If folks want to clear up the missing pieces of the story and I think a lot of you do, then the trail leads to Santa Cruz, I was told that the precise place where Sam lived was Corralitos but that doesn't mean the bust was there I suppose. According to a few sources, the Sacred Seeds bust was publicised at the time and nom de fleur reckoned he saw a news sory on TV about it. If we can find out the date of the bust (a month in early 85 is given in the de tijd article) then that would make the task of looking for press coverage much eassier. I still haven't nailed down when precisely Sam landed in Holland, Wernard wrote 1984, De tijd and Frank Bovenkerk wrote 1985.

I found Pinkertons particularly useful when it comes to getting this kind of info. I used them to track down a guy who narced on some of my customers. Pinkertons just walk straight into the copshop and talk to the arresting officer. Records, names,addresses, phone numbers are happily provided by the cops for some reason.
N.

Nice one Nev, good for you protecting customers like that.

Thanks for the 87 catalogue Jim, that's a much better and more complete copy than I had.
 
Last edited:
the info i was givin to go search the microfilm with was:

"David Paul Watson was arrested for cultivation by the santa cruz sherriff's office march 20, 1985. local government dropped the charges in june '86."

but i never verified it in print....

i could be coaxed to go down to library again, for a large mound of pre soviet invasion afghani beans....

....lol.....

ill pop in to the library next time im downtown with some time to burn....
 
the info i was givin to go search the microfilm with was:

"David Paul Watson was arrested for cultivation by the santa cruz sherriff's office march 20, 1985. local government dropped the charges in june '86."

but i never verified it in print....

i could be coaxed to go down to library again, for a large mound of pre soviet invasion afghani beans....

....lol.....

ill pop in to the library next time im downtown with some time to burn....

How about a modest pile of Colombian Gold x Mazar-i-Sharif and Purple Afghan x Thai? lol

Maybe he used the Selezny name when he got bust and D P Watson after the bust. Maybe his real name is Sam Selezny and David Watson is the name he adopted to hide his past?
 
Back
Top