NEW RULES- Open photo assignment- Share your favorite random pics

Muscle Shoals Sound Studio

The Rolling Stones 'Wild Horses' was recorded at Muscle Shoals Sound Studio.

Wild Horses rQbKdZil.jpg

"Wild Horses" is a song written by the British rock band the Rolling Stones with Gram Parsons. It was first released in 1970 by the Flying Burrito Brothers as the Stones didn't think the demo was worth recording fully. It was subsequently recorded by the Stones for their 1971 album Sticky Fingers when they felt it was worth reconsideration. It was also released on 12 June 1971 as a single, with "Sway" as its B-side. Originally recorded over a three-day period at Muscle Shoals Sound Studio in Alabama during 2–4 December 1969 while Albert and David Maysles were shooting for the film that was titled Gimme Shelter, the song was not released until over a year later due to legal wranglings with the band's former label. Along with "Brown Sugar", it is one of the two Rolling Stones compositions from Sticky Fingers (1971) over which ABKCO Records co-owns the rights along with the Stones. Source: Wikipedia

Muscle Shoals Sound Studio certainly didn't look like much from the outside...

Muscle-GettyImages-120084612.jpg

...but the list of people who recorded hits there...Aretha Franklin, Wilson Pickett, Percy Sledge, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Leon Russell, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rod Stewart, Bob Seger, The Staple Singers, Duane Allman, George Michael, Willie Nelson, Joe Cocker, Levon Helm, Tamiko Jones, Cher, Cat Stevens, Etta James, Elton John. Jimmy Cliff, Traffic, Boz Scaggs, Dire Straits, Dr. Hook, Julian Lennon, Phish, Greg Allman, and more.

All sound studio's/sound engineers have their own little tricks to get 'their' own sound. Muscle Shoals had theirs, Phil Spector's Wall of Sound at Gold Star Studio's, Eddie Kramer at Jimi Hendrix Electric Lady Studio, Hitsville USA Studio A's 'Motown Sound', etc. Reminds me of a story back in the mid/late 90's a band from NE USA had just finished recording a CD in Philadelphia. The CD wasn't released yet and they asked me to come over to the mansion and give it a listen. I'd be one of the very first to hear it and they wanted my opinion. I truly liked it and as we were chatting I said that "I know you recorded it in Philadelphia but I keep feeling a certain Muscle Shoals thing when I'm listening to the songs". They all started laughing and told me that the sound engineer had worked at Muscle Shoals sound studio for 20 years before moving to Philadelphia! I've certainly heard enough music recorded at Muscle Shoals over my lifetime to have some idea of the sound. They didn't call it the 'Muscle Shoals Sound' for nothing. They had The Swampers!

"Now Muscle Shoals has got The Swampers
And they’ve been known to pick a song or two (yes they do)
Lord they get me off so much
They pick me up when I’m feeling blue,
now how ’bout you?"
Sweet Home Alabama, Lynyrd Skynyrd

Longball

Last edited:
Aunt Jemima

222_n.jpg

A great woman erased from history by idiots. The branding of the syrup was a tribute to this woman’s gifts and talents. Now future generations will not even know this beautiful woman existed. What a shame. The world knew her as “Aunt Jemima”, but her given name was Nancy Green and she was a true American success story. She was born a slave in 1834 Montgomery County, KY. and became a wealthy superstar in the advertising world, as its first living trademark. Green was 56 years old when she was selected as spokesperson for a new ready-mixed, self-rising pancake flour and made her debut in 1893 at a fair and exposition in Chicago. She demonstrated the pancake mix served thousands of pancakes, and became an immediate star. She was a good storyteller, her personality was warm and appealing, and her showmanship was exceptional. Her exhibition booth drew so many people that special security personnel were assigned to keep the crowds moving. Nancy Green was signed to a lifetime contract, traveled on promotional tours all over the country, and was extremely well paid. Her financial freedom and stature as a national spokesperson enabled her to become a leading advocate against poverty and in favor of equal rights for all Americans. She maintained her job until she died in 1923, at age 89. This was a remarkable woman, and sadly she has been ERASED by politics. I wanted you to know and remind you in this cancel culture period.

Aunt Jemima rebranded to Pearl Milling

Aunt_Jemima_rebrand-packaging-3x2b.jpg

The Quaker Oats guy is not happy about it!

GUEST_4f8ba00d-6cee-4bd0-bb40-1c76736921c2.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Unbelievable custom work on this 1958 Chevrolet Impala.

1 1958-Chevrolet-Impala-low-three-quarter.jpg
1958-Chevrolet-Impala-Passenger-Side-Profile.jpg

The engine is an LS1 from a mid-’80s Corvette, with a custom chrome and engraved radiator, custom air cleaner and engine cover.

1958-Chevrolet-Impala-LS1-Engine.jpg

1958-Chevrolet-Impala-Radiator.jpg

ABC Upholstery wrapped 1967 Buick Riviera seats in fine leather and added dyed alligator inserts and custom logos.

1958-Chevrolet-Impala-Tan-Leather-Seats.jpg

1958-Chevrolet-Impala-Custom-Seatback-Cover-Murals.jpg

Hydraulic Setup in trunk.

1958-Chevrolet-Impala-Hydraulic-Setup-02.jpg

Gas Tank! Clean!

1958-Chevrolet-Impala-Fuel-Tank.jpg

Last edited:
Unbelievable custom work on this 1958 Chevrolet Impala.

View attachment 89873
View attachment 89874

The engine is an LS1 from a mid-’80s Corvette, with a custom chrome and engraved radiator, custom air cleaner and engine cover.

View attachment 89877

View attachment 89878

ABC Upholstery wrapped 1967 Buick Riviera seats in fine leather and added dyed alligator inserts and custom logos.

View attachment 89879

View attachment 89880

Hydraulic Setup in trunk.

View attachment 89881

Gas Tank! Clean!

View attachment 89882
I found a new header for my fb page! thnx :cool:

I have had a lot of fun owning/driving/racing this Turbo Buick Grand National for the last 37+ years. It is constantly updated to keep on top of today's new technology. Cars just keep getting quicker and quicker. Getting ready for another 10K in updates. You gotta pay to play. The little white plastic pieces you see at the top of my windshield is where my windshield trim had been. I had launched so violently hard and fast at the racetrack that day that it blew my windshield trim off. Money pit. Being all black, it is like my car is dressed for your car's funeral! Wanna bet! ;)

NUM A100_2834 3-4.JPG

When I bought this car I did not realize what at chick magnet this car was. It seems most girls I meet know what a Grand National is. I am guessing that their ex-boyfriend drove Mustang's.

00h0h_1Qx0AFfZMo3_0at08f_600x450.jpg

XXX Panties falling down.jpg

1456531_587473824658969_500228054_n.jpg

XXX GN Memorial Day image.jpeg

iHFGmages.jpg

50fa9d6b280ca27295a45aeedbc6891d.jpg

0778d05142fc07d2e93f94ee75da3ef2.jpg

LRIG.jpg

Have some video of my car racing but don't know how to edit it yet. This is the closest I could find to my car's power in terms of 1/4 mile times. I'm a little faster. I think the launch where the front tires come off the ground would be about the time I lost my windshield trim. My car is street legal and more than a handful on the street. When your front tires leave the ground you lose a bit of steering and then no one will race you the rest of the night.Trust me, you haven't really drove a car until you step on the go pedal and you get air under your front tires! My friend makes 40K a year street racing in his super fast rust bucket. Me? I get the girl in the end. :):love:

10 second Grand National

I have had a lot of fun owning/driving/racing this Turbo Buick Grand National for the last 37+ years. It is constantly updated to keep on top of today's new technology. Cars just keep getting quicker and quicker. Getting ready for another 10K in updates. You gotta pay to play. The little white plastic pieces you see at the top of my windshield is where my windshield trim had been. I had launched so violently hard and fast at the racetrack that day that it blew my windshield trim off. Money pit. Being all black, it is like my car is dressed for your car's funeral! Wanna bet! ;)

View attachment 90038

When I bought this car I did not realize what at chick magnet this car was. It seems most girls I meet know what a Grand National is. I am guessing that their ex-boyfriend drove Mustang's.

View attachment 90043

View attachment 90039

View attachment 90041

View attachment 90042

View attachment 90046

View attachment 90047

View attachment 90048

View attachment 90049

Have some video of my car racing but don't know how to edit it yet. This is the closest I could find to my car's power in terms of 1/4 mile times. I'm a little faster. I think the launch where the front tires come off the ground would be about the time I lost my windshield trim. My car is street legal and more than a handful on the street. When your front tires leave the ground you lose a bit of steering and then no one will race you the rest of the night.Trust me, you haven't really drove a car until you step on the go pedal and you get air under your front tires! My friend makes 40K a year street racing in his super fast rust bucket. Me? I get the girl in the end. :):love:

10 second Grand National
Nice 👌 ride @longball looks sinister blacked out

View attachment 90038

View attachment 90043

View attachment 90039

View attachment 90041

View attachment 90042

View attachment 90046

View attachment 90047

View attachment 90048

View attachment 90049

10 second Grand National
What a ride you have Longball, love the no-nonsense and muscle car look!:love:
I can only imagine the rush it must give you when the christmas tree lights up and you floor it.😁

What are you running under that hood?

It's a shame that we don't have such rich racing history here...

Nice 👌 ride @longball looks sinister blacked out

Thanks, ez. It took a bit of work to get the suspension to have a mean looking stance. We wanted it to look like it was going fast when just sitting there. The rear was lowered a bit and the front lowered a bit more to give it a slight rake. Also to put more pressure on the rear wheels on launching. The rear wheel wells were mini-tubbed and the frame notched to fit bigger tires on the car. A few thousand dollars in parts and some time was all it took! The difference in handling is day and night.

20130829_150856.jpg

What a ride you have Longball, love the no-nonsense and muscle car look!:love:
I can only imagine the rush it must give you when the christmas tree lights up and you floor it.😁

What are you running under that hood?

It's a shame that we don't have such rich racing history here...

Thanks, Swifty. Even though it's an '87 I was going for that '60 American Muscle Car look that I love so much. Sitting at the Christmas Tree, waiting to launch, like the Space Shuttle. Adrenlaline!!! You are about to have some of the biggest fun of your life and at the same time, you could also die! Every molecue in your body is full of life. Sadly, last week a racer did die at the track I race at ☹. When it is my turn it will be Thompsonesque: "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Under the hood? I am almost embarrassed to say it is the Buick LC-2. A 231 cubic inch V6. I did add a Stroker Kit to increase cubic inches to 249. For comparision, I am usally racing other muscle cars, Vipers 512 cubic inch V10, 426 cubic inch V8 Hemi Cuda's, 427 cubic inch V8 Chevy Nova's, 429 cubic inch V8 Ford Mustang Gt 500's, 454 cubic inch V8 Chevy Chevelles. Nowadays the 454 has been Bored and Stroked, and with bigger Heads are now called 572 cubic inch Crate engines. A LOT of cars at the track run this engine. Most engines are twice my size so I am a little embarrassed to say 249 cubic inch V6 when talking about cars in a bar. This is a good time to set up a race for money. Afterwards I am always asked to open my hood as "that ain't no V6 under there". They count the spark plug wires - 6. "Ok, where you hiding the other 2 cyclinders?" WTF? Being the gentleman that I am, I always open the car door for their girlfriend before we drive off into the sunset!

Longball

Last edited:

Love the smell of nitromethane and burning rubber. That's why 'Funny Cars' are so much fun. I use 110 Racing Fuel in the car and it always gets a reaction. Car guys are like "It smells so good. Have not smelled that in a long time!" Non-car people are like "your car stinks and it's making my eyes water". I also use M1 Methanol Injection. I have two Methanol nozzles inserted into my up pipe. At 6 pounds of boost a 10mm nozzle is programmed to kick in and ramp up matching the flow of the racing fuel and boost to keep a stable A/F ratio. At 18 pounds of boost the second 5mm methanol nozzle kicks in and also ramps up to match everything else.

The car also has 2 Racetronix fuel pumps. The second fuel pump is programmed to kick in at 18 pounds of boost also. The middle of a race is not a good time for an overworked fuel pump to die and blow up the engine. Two pumps is a good idea that is commonly used. Did I mention money? lol I also have a Hobbs switch wired up in the glove compartment to turn off the second fuel pump when not racing. I also have a hidden thumb drive with a wheel on it. This allows me to dial in different tunes very fast. Racing tune, street tune, valet tune. Sitting at a red light, next to a Lamborghini revving his engine and looking at me is a good time to switch to race tune. Oil accumulator that needs to be turned off before starting car and on before turning off car, etc. So many things to remember that I have a pre-flight and after-flight check list to make sure I don't forget to do something and blow the engine up!

T1 08 21 20 P1030530.JPG

Longball

Last edited:
Embarrassed Longball?
I can imagine that this how these V8-V10 owners feel when they see your taillights when you drive off with their GF's.;)😃
Only one thing mathers here, who is fastest from a->b!

Would love to see you race, please post that vid of your car if you can!😍

Back