critical Haze grow show coming soon

Very inspring grow billy, nice work!

Are the tree machines based off waterfarms with your own plumbing?

They look pretty cool. Did you ever bust the 43 oz barrier? That is nuts, almost 3lbs off one indoor plant!

Last edited:
herbmister, I've now got a funny image of a storm trooper wrapped in ptfe, and crying..LOL

SmokeOn, yea the tree Machines are based on waterfarms with heath robinsons modifications, I was blown away at what heath was doing with them. and blown away when I copied his work, so i decided to try and develop something based on his ideas.. I have made some good developments with them, but wont be showing all of my designs on forums...:p as soon as i get a bit of time I'll be working on a single plant NFT system too, just to see if its viable.. I think it will be..;)
Haven't beat the 43oz plant YET.. but have done 30oz a couple times..:)

little update week 8 in the Tree Machines, no pictures sorry, was expecting to harvest the skunkier of the 2 last nite, but she still needs the extra week so will be 9 weeks. And the more Hazey girl needs another 2 weeks.. Overall pretty happy with progress. when the next plants go in I'll try flipping the lights every 2 hours and see if there's any noticeable difference. (although they will be different strains).
week 3 in the tubes, I'm so pleased with these tubes, my idea to begin with, was to run the whole room as a v scrog, but needed to iron out a few creases with the tree machines, which made me decide that running the tubes would be free weed as they would use the light from the backside of the bulbs.. and am I glad I did... as predicted they still stretching and working their way up the screen, bonus of knowing the plant you are working with..
next week I'll get some decent pics to make up for no pics this week.. (new camera at weekend)
peace
BL

Week 9 update in the tree machines

this girl was harvested last night.. and was the more skunky plant, Not as heavy as I would of liked but big dense buds, and easy trimming:D

The open structure of this plant makes it not too suitable for this style of growing, but I hope she gives me around 10-15oz, not bad to say two plants and the VScrOG are only using 600w:) and she is laden with resin..
DSCN2510.JPG

heres a small side branch
DSCN2512.JPG

and the more hazey girl, to be harvested next week.. did I mention how sticky she is...:p
DSCN2513.JPG

you can see the VScrOG in the back ground, ticking along very nicely..:)

peace
BL

They're so chunky nice job!

So you have just the one 600w bulb hanging between those 2 CH in tree machines one one side, and the vscrog plants in the background?

Which kind of plants are in the vscrog?

This grow is looking awesome.

Hi SmokeOn, there are 2 600w bulbs, each bulb is on for 3 hours at a time, so one ballast controls 2 bulbs using a flip flop relay, the plant to light layout is:

OX
XO

O=bulb
X=Plant
And the vscrog is around the backside of the bulbs, hope that makes sense..

the plants in the vscrog are also CH..:D
peace
BL

The possibilities flip flops bring are really interesting. The electrical light mover setup. Have you noticed any difference in bud density from using the flip?

Is that 3 wires I see going to your sockets? Is the bottom one a ground wire? And if so where do you tie it down?

I'm about to wire up some lights vertical, mogul base sockets tied into 600w hps ballasts, but I'm not sure of how to wire the ground, since the sockets are ceramic, but all the hardware to hang them is metal.

Thanks for the help man.

The possibilities flip flops bring are really interesting. The electrical light mover setup. Have you noticed any difference in bud density from using the flip?

Is that 3 wires I see going to your sockets? Is the bottom one a ground wire? And if so where do you tie it down?

I'm about to wire up some lights vertical, mogul base sockets tied into 600w hps ballasts, but I'm not sure of how to wire the ground, since the sockets are ceramic, but all the hardware to hang them is metal.

Thanks for the help man.

Hi SmokeOn, Sorry read this a while ago, and forgot to answer your Q's..

well this has been my first try with a flip flop, and I'd say I've had a good density from this run (slight reveg included) will be difficult to say as I'm running a different strain in here next and flipping every 2 hours instead of every 3 hours...

and yes there are three wires to the sockets, we use metal wires called gripples to hang the lights, and they go thru a piece of copper pipe attached to the socket. so we connect the earth (ground) wire to that... So earth your exposed metal around the light just for safety...

sorry for the late reply..

the first plant made 10 oz not bad I think, and has given me a few areas to work on with the design of my system....
the second plant not harvested yet, is due to come down any day. and is looking a lot heavier :)

peace
BL

Hi peeps,

Had a lot to do (other than growing) recently, so the last of the 2 trees has been harvested, and has yielded really well by the looks of things, i was a little late harvesting her, but she is well ripe...:) and has quite a bit of purple in the buds.. anyway here's a pic..
ch_tree_bud.jpg

there was around 15 buds this size and some large popcorn..

hope you like

peace
BL

Hi peeps,

Had a lot to do (other than growing) recently, so the last of the 2 trees has been harvested, and has yielded really well by the looks of things, i was a little late harvesting her, but she is well ripe...:) and has quite a bit of purple in the buds.. anyway here's a pic..
ch_tree_bud.jpg

there was around 15 buds this size and some large popcorn..

hope you like

peace
BL

Monster :D
Did You Get My Birthday Party Invite ?, Lol
Well Done Billy Ell ; Nice One Indeed
Joe:)

BIRTHDAY PARTY.... yes please Joe.. we are well due a visit to Wales.. but moving house very soon, so everthing's a bit up in the air so to speak..
thanks for the compliments Joe...:)
peace
BL

Cheers B1,
I'm sure you will find a yielder, there are a few very good yielders in these packs.. that was prob the second biggest bud, the main cola (biggest bud) was HUGE, but got mold, and you can just see some of it hanging in the background.
Good luck with em Brock1, love to see how they do for you...
peace
BL

Looking beautiful Billy, nice job! :D

Quick question: Do you whack your latex gloves into the freezer to get the THC off them? If not how do you get it off?

Peace.

Looking good Billy,

That bud looks heavy and sticky,real forearm bud, good work, enjoy:)
I'd be interested to hear how she yields for you.

I popped 10 Critical Mass X Haze C a few days ago, along with 10 G13Haze and 10 SSH x BW, just wondering are your Critical Haze the same as mine or are you using the Critical Mass x Afghan Haze?

Peace, GG

Are the critical mass x haze c and the other hybrids listed as x haze c the same as the rock n roll hybrids?

Grover Sativa, #, thanks for the kind words....:)
REDEYE_420, No mate I just leave the glove to dry then flake of the resin, mix this with scissor hash and its a real treat....;)
genegenie, Hi matey, cheers, She yielded a little over 24oz dry, and is real potent smoke.. she is the Critical mass x Afghan Haze,, cant wait to see some CM x HzC logs sounds real interesting that 1.. good luck
SmokeOn, I dont think the rock and roll hybrids are listed, but I would expect them be listed as "(?) x Haze AC" Hope that helps

So all in all, a very good yield, but root mass was lacking, due to DO levels, I've made a few slight changes to the design to increase DO, and planted 1 Critical Skunk and 1 NL5 x Afghan... so I'll start a new thread just for the two trees, and will update on progress in the v-scrog in the next few daze...:D

peace and love
BL

Are the critical mass x haze c and the other hybrids listed as x haze c the same as the rock n roll hybrids?
those are the new Pink Floyds CMxHz(A)C cuz i'm not aware of Shanti making a Critical MassxHz C...i thought only the NL5xHz had the C in her but i could be mistaken but i believe just the Pink Floyd (CMxHazeAC) and Critical Haze (CMxAH) are only haze hybrids available with Critical Mass in it but i could be mistaken as Shanti's new list is enormous... i do know however that The Male Haze AC lineage is:Nl5HazeA(2) x SkunkHazeC
The Nl5HazeA2 is a selected Nl5HazeA from old stock from Neville and i believe was named 2 because it was the second plant from the new progeny that he had looked at from the group...i hope i cleared things up rather than being confusing

CM hybrids are :
Critical Skunk (CM x AS)
Critical Haze (CM x AH)
Pink Floyd (CM x Haze AC)
Critical Mass x Haze C

and hopefully one-day Critical Widow.:D:eek:

peace
BL

Back