Winter journal

The ongoing ressurection comes along quite good, yet it is slower pace obviously..

The plants are catching natural green colors atleast !
I had steped-in more and removed bad leafs almost completely, I hope the plants will give all energy in new sets that emerged after toping, also I didnt want to introduce much more problems like viruses, mites etc..... You know I like it clean...

Iam keeping the humidity around 70% and temps around 25°C (20° at night), the LED input was uped to 150W for better sun imitation.
Today I gave them Rhizotonic water to relieve stress as much as possible and „hopefully“ last dose of Cannacure spray.

What now? I will give them as much time, as they need !

W1 got thru it best from all the Wacos
W2 is 2nd best fighter
W3 is fighting too, yet was hit badly
W4 was hit the most, but is much better now
Northern Widow is that litlle bush.. It is already in good shape

(one bad step and so much trouble - I know it looks disaster like now, but I also know it will be good....)

Here some photos of the ?LST? Id say...
20221027_171954.jpg

NW1.jpg W1.jpg W2.jpg W3.jpg W4.jpg

So here is report after few days...

I think we are back on the track !

I also think few more weeks and I should be considering flower flip, but first, I want to see WACOs in full health.. So 1-2 weeks and there will be a flip...
And that Northern Widow is so beautifull already . . .

All plants were burned by previous soil mix, the NW seems to like more nutes tho..
I think all that needs to be done to my previous experiment is lower nutes content and more airiness.. (but I would not try again in some time now)

NW1.jpgW1.jpgW2.jpgW3.jpgW4.jpg

After few weeks of letting plants do their thing...
They finally repaired themself and I have again defoliate wrong looking leafs, I feel sorry for them, but now they look as healthy as nothing had happen.

I had also been thinking of smaller grow tent, because of energy costs, and my actuall room, which got smaller..

So I have built homebox ambient q60+ , which I have a feeling, just about suits my needs.

My new energy saving light is actually pretty cheap viparspectra xs1000 / I could not find the xs1500 / yet this one seems good enought.

My energy cost should be (edit: lower then) half of the original one...

+20221105_105624.jpg+20221105_105640.jpg

Last edited:
All the plants are still repairing a bit, yet are in the „more normal“ way of growth, not counting Northern Widow, which doesnt mind anything, it grows rapidly into bush.

Today I gave them some Rhizotonic and Grow nutes, and they simply love it at pH6,4.

I will leave them another week, and If everything is a-Okay I will flip into flowering, to check what new light can do...

It was a challenge I have to tell you !
Hope you will enjoy this grow journal more so now ;)

Northern Widow

- I hope this one is female, you see why, this is actually most bushy plant I have ever grow !!
- pretty nice branches, with robust stems
- short internodal distance
- nice looking leafs

nw.jpg

WACO1

- have most height gain
- repaired quite quickly

wa1.jpg

WACO2

- lowest profile
- have the longest leafs, the more sativa lloking ones
- was actually unhealthly bushy, had to be pruned the most

wa2.jpg

WACO3

- this plant did show some purple colors when doing new leaf sets
- I had left 3 main tops alive

wa3.jpg

WACO4

- was looking the worst, and is now healthy to my eyes
- repaired quite quickly

wa4.jpg

edit: I need to readjust the Cameras White balance, all colours are in normal healthy green scale in real ;)

Last edited:
After few weeks of letting plants do their thing...
They finally repaired themself and I have again defoliate wrong looking leafs, I feel sorry for them, but now they look as healthy as nothing had happen.

I had also been thinking of smaller grow tent, because of energy costs, and my actuall room, which got smaller..

So I have built homebox ambient q60+ , which I have a feeling, just about suits my needs.

My new energy saving light is actually pretty cheap viparspectra xs1000 / I could not find the xs1500 / yet this one seems good enought.

My energy cost should be (edit: lower then) half of the original one...

View attachment 66792View attachment 66793

I really like your set up (y)

They look good @PtreeCi!
l'm looking forward to see updates here.

What are the specs of your extractor? Thx!
It is 100mm Ec motor
Fully adjustable speed 1650-2450 rpm - 188-280m3/h
Up to 93-205Pa
Can be coupled with gse regulator
25-30 Watts
26-31 dB

I have it pluged on 360m3/h filter and dialed on some 70% power, seems allright right know, it is just wispering, my PC is silent one and is louder right now, we will see on flowering tho :)

Last edited:
I think, it is time to flip shortly.
I dont want the plants to stretch too much, and Northern Widow seems to start to be rootbound maybe..
All around Iam gratefull everything is okay now...

I have set new light and arranged plants, so that each recieves around 650-800 μmol of light :)

Still feeding with grow nutes, but would like to repot to bigger pots... Hard to choose 4plants from these, I would rather wait to see whoose male :)

NW

NW.jpg

W1

W1.jpg

W2

W2.jpg

W3

W3.jpg

W4

W4.jpg

Last edited:
As I said earlier, It was time to flip.. So today I have fliped to flowering.
I will be adding grow nutes, till first sign of flowers forming, then I will slowly move to flower nutes.

The transplant will have to wait till I see first preflowers.
I will somehow try to minimize transplant shock once ready...

All the plants seems happy so far, so do I..

ALL.jpg

WACO 1
- biggest from the pack
- have some pretty spider leafs
- darkest green colors from the pack
- bit of purpling on the stem
- sweeter side of fresh smells
- stem rub is all the way fruity

W1.jpg

WACO 2
- shortest of the pack
- most pointy leafs (the sativish ones I think I wrote wrong notes before)
- the green colours are most light here
- just faint freshness smells on stem rub

W2.jpg

WACO 3
- shortest internodal spacing
- leafs more towards indica hybrid plant
- most bushy out of all 4 test samples
- some purpling on the petioles
- smells of fruits more then others
- rub stem reveals very sticky surface

W3.jpg

WACO 4
- most indy looking leafs
- some purpling on leaf petioles
- fresh smells
- rub stem is kind of clove smell

W4.jpg

Northern Widow
- still very pretty bush size plant
- must be great for Scrog !
- colours are very vibrant, and those leaf tips are not brown, but actually catching bit of purple hues
- seems more of indica dominant so far
- the smells are slightly peppery, spicy
- rub stem smell of basil is what I have observed

NW.jpg

Hello,
10 days of 12-12 have passed...
And I have discarded two male plants...

males.jpg

Waco1
I will actually save the Waco 1 / cause I really like this plant...
Was actually first to gain some height - I somehow pinpointed that one as male, so it was predictable male plant.
Has pretty nice subtle fruity smells and darkest leafs...

male1.jpg

Northern Widow ( yes, again :) )
Such lovely plant that was, I will have to rerun Northern Widow again at some time :)

malenw.jpg

Last edited:
Hope the rest turn to females...
I have somehow worked the crowns for theese 3 plants and I think it would be interesting if all 3 were females, I will work them more so as they grow up...

It is actually pretty hard to keep them the same size, as they all have some deviations from each other, mainly in nodes distance, but what is not doable one day, is good to be done the day 2nd.
Also I gave them some new home - 12l pots.
The sun* is shining to the tops at around 700-800 micromols right now.

all.jpg

WACO2
- longest leafs
- light colour
- 2ndary branching is doing well

wa21.jpgwa22.jpg

WACO3
-leaf lenght and also colours are in between WA2-WA4
-she looks more into main shoots (which are 3)

wa31.jpgwa32.jpg

WACO4
-fattest and darkest leafs
-she also tries to keep up with its 2ndary branching, yet not so fast like WACO2

wa41.jpgwa42.jpg

OMG :(

Seems like WACO 2 & WACO 3 are males too....
Will see tomorow :/

I will wait for #4 and stretch her as much as I can, .. yet #4 still didnt show preflowers, but something there is telling me it is to be female...

But when you see the plants.. Especially what I did to #2 :) She is so pretty stretched out :´(

Back