When should i put em out if i dont want em to get to big

BudBo

Some friends of mine( fellow med. patients) wer goin to put out a few clones in ther backyard( they don't hav the money or time or knowlege for a indoor grow ) And i can't b ther at all times

i'm just wondering wat time of the year i should put them out if i only want them to grow 2 weeks before starting the bud cycle bein that we don't want anyone stealing them we'd like them not to b to big so i'm goin to try n stunt ther growth(must read alot on this b4 the time comes)

i kno this changes on every part of the world so if anyone knos anything that could tell me the start of the season in cali would b lots of help

i don't want to put them out to early n hav them get too big n grow for along time

ther tryin to go for a 4 ft. plant in round 3 to 4 months most yield possible i'm goin to b makin a bed of organic mix(havent chosen yet) n transplantin into bigger but not big pots once they grow alil but i'm wonderin how big of a pot i'd use to mayb stunt ther growth alil

Any and all help of outdoor small grow will b much appreciated i'm goin to reread as much of these outdoor threads also to learn as much as possible

Wish me luck

P.S Sry for the NUUUUUUUB ?s jus tryin to find out b4 its too late n i'm searchin all over but not really gettin much results:(

Last edited:
Still tryin to find how much sunlight i'll b gettin but found the temp. average

I've been readin recent weather averages from wer i'm at it seems the temps jus rite from april to may but since they don't want the plants out ther for more than 3-5 months i'm thinkn late may to early june does this sound rite to u outdoor experts out ther? If i started late May n had a 9-10 weeker would harvest b around august or is it jus a look n c kinda thing wen ever the hairs r 50 % amber 25% cloudy 25% white like that?

BudBo

You need to go read some of Barlettas threads (Where is he when you want him!! :) )

He's had some really nice outdoor grows. he knows all that stuff about what dates stuff flowers at what latitude. He can probably answer those questions.

Meantime check and see what latitude North you are. Check a garden site and check to see what the frost dates are for Spring and fall in your area.That info is usually easy to find.

SativaFan

yee Bars got the green thumb haha

Haha i kno huh haha j.k but yea barlettas helped me alot hes taken enuf time out to teach my nube ass a few things haha but yea i am waitin for his replys on most of my threads haha wen ever he has a chance n wen ever anyone else can i think i'm at 32 north but not sure if 32 makes sense than yea thats it i tried to find my cordinates ealier but dint tell me wich was wich or i jus couldn't tell n ty again for the reply i'm prbly go re read barlettas threads...again haha smoked some grapes haha overpriced again good i only paid for a 1/3 :D was pretty fresh smoked n tasted good but i'm dry it to how i like it than i'll c wats up haha supposedly one of my clones is gunna b bubba kush n i'm gunna choose my other later this one will b my choice k i'll stop talkin n let ppl reply damn i fuckin go on for days sumtimes my bad....:eek:

Bud, if you put them out ~Aug 1, they should trigger pretty quickly. Outside it is important to select a short strain if that is what you want, cause even shorties indoors get BIG outdoors. I'm assuming that you can go to at least Nov 1. Counting backwards from Nov 1, 10 wks is Aug 23. So if they take 2 wks to trigger, you are in the clear :)

You could also shade-force a plant if you can grow it on a deck/garden. What I do to sex plants on my deck (may/june) is bring them in ~6 o'clock pm, and put them back outside once it's dark. Later in the summer, I was covering them at night, and uncovering ~8am. To force it straight through, you have to shade it ~up till the last 14 days. After that it will want to reveg in the summer (14+ hrs of light). Sahding them is work, but the advantages are you get FAT NUGGETS, as the plant is under the sun and budding while the sun is most intense. Buddy of mine forced a cannaloupe mid summer 2 yrs ago, and it was noticably better than just about all of the other ways that cannaloupe cut got done (Nov 1 outdoor, my organic, buddy's promix n chems).

I have a ssh cut that wouldn't have a chance naturally. I plan on taking and keeping clones under ~22 hrs of (artificial) light and placing them out ~July 20ish. 2 wks to trigger is Aug 3, then 10wks after that is Oct 12 which shouldn't be a problem for me. Just depends on when hunting season opens...

DEFFO find out last and first frost dates. And don't say something like - Feb 8 and Dec 20 :D

Then figgure you don't want to plant before a month after last frost, and you want to (expect to) pull no closer than 2 wks to first. I THINK my dates are close to April 10ish and Novermber 1ish. I won't start to REALLY plant till June 1 (avoid spring storms, freak cold, ec...) and I want to be done by ~mid October. This last year, I had some cold nights in mid-late october that forced everything in. The previous year, I went to Nov1, and it was WARM that wk.

Ty Bar 4 breakin it down 4 me the shadin thing sounds like i'll try that wit the bubba cus they mite b gettin it real soon wat i don't get about the forcin of the bud cycle is that wen its 12/12 thats the start of the bud cycle n if u got it 14 -18 hours thats the veg. so if u hide it n only giv it 10 hours of direct sunlight wuld that start the buddin early? Is that basic shade forcing?

K i looked up the frost days but i think i got em rong haha cus ther close to the dates u said i shoudn't say it says wer i'm from its 1st is Feb 10 n n last is Jan 6 sooo lemme kno if i fucked up haha

besides that this is makin alot more sense but one of my boys said he put his plants out in march n he got 3 harvests picked the top nugs n then revegged them twice i ges...is this possibly n his he doin it a rite way? or jus tryin to get as much bud as possible cus i kno his 1st two harvests aren't as good as the last

K last but not least i'm not goin to b puttin them in the ground ther goin to b in pots so i'm wonderin wat'd b a proper pot size 7 gallon to 10 gallon ? n since i dn't want to put pestisides in my pot so i'm thinkin if i spread em on the floor all around the plant itd help stop the pest from goin to the pot wer only gonna hav 2 to 3 goin so well hav room wat i want is to keep it short but i want to stretch it out wide so all light can get its way to all the colas i'm goin to b researchin super croppin n bendin n etc. ty again Bar n i'll b waitin for ur response since ur Mr.ProOutdoor haha

P.S i think its april is last frost n the 1st will b november but thats i think cali average

Last edited:
THANK YOU FOR THE PARAGRAPHS :) LOL

Hey I was just kidding, when I said 'don't say'. It's very cool that you can grow outdoors 9+mo/yr. You could probably start plants now if you are doing them in pots. Just bring them in at night, and put them out in the AM. It is much more important to think 'hours of total dark' when forcing the plant (or growing indoors). You need to give 12 hrs of uninterrupted, virtually total darkness to force em. Even if they are only getting 2-3 hrs of direct, but they get 14 hrs of 'daylight' they prolly won't flower properly.

Plants that are flowering naturally (not being forced) are sensing the increasing rate of increasing dark. They are picking up on the angle of the sun. The rootzone activity changes, signaling 'time to flower'. That's why plants are in full flower WAY before 12/12 happens naturally. IMO, it seems like ~10 hrs of NATURAL night time is where the plants trigger. Again, this is assuming ~late July, and the days are getting shorter faster...

I just kinda guessed at the freeze dates for socal in general. Sister lived in socal (redondo and sandiego) for years, and another one has been out there since '87. She is near monterey for ~ the last 10 yrs. Got one in south Florida, one studying in Belize, and here I am figguring how much friggen kerosene I have before I have to go get more...

LOL, bring em in at night, put em somewhere the roots stay kinda warm (not on a concrete garage/basement floor), and make sure they get 12+ straight hrs of total dark. Then back in the sun! Like I said, prolly for 6 wks, but cause we are early in the (solar) spring, you may have to shade em straight through or they will wanna re veg.

Last edited:

Haha No problem Bar i kno i fuckin talk for days haha itsa gift n a curse but anyways ty for that last info its all coming together n makin sense now haha

i think wats gonna happen is i'll hav em put out the bubba 1st in the next week or so(or once it gets warmer) n see how she does in the beginnin of the season i'll flip her after she gets mayb about a ft tall? n then i'll keep track n updates weekly on how shes doin

the only thing that i'm worried about is me not bein able to watch over them like i want to probly will b able to c her once a week at least tho so shouldn't b too bad

i'm goin to look up alot of mixes for her bed n i'll c wat i got at my work we got alot of organic fertilizers, bone n blood meal, worm castings n guano so i'm goin to b lookin over them alot more in the next few weeks

wat i hav to work wit is a small backyard wit a dog that runs freely!

no grass jus dirt on the ground some tomatoes n other plants growin in alil area

wat wer gunna try n do is hav it b able to get as much sunlight as possible wit bein less visable as possiblewer guna build up alil fence to keep the dog away(hopefully) n to help shield it from the neighbors

i'm also goin to recommend buildin his fence taller so it isn't so obvious.Hopefully my friend follows all my instructions bout the plant indoors n out at certain times but he has alot to do wit work so well c how it goes if he does end up fuckin up n not bringin it inside or leavin it in or out to long would this effect it greatly? or wat would b the effects n wat i'd hav2 do to fix it

ty again Bar ur a thug!

Last edited:
Back from work

my bad wrote a response n the internet didnt work so my friend put it in for me later wen i was at work jus got off alil bit ago had some bedtime purp anyone on that wants to talk outdoors hit me up i'll jus b chillin on here readin the threads goodnite to everyone else

Some friends of mine( fellow med. patients) wer goin to put out a few clones in ther backyard( they don't hav the money or time or knowlege for a indoor grow ) And i can't b ther at all times

i'm just wondering wat time of the year i should put them out if i only want them to grow 2 weeks before starting the bud cycle bein that we don't want anyone stealing them we'd like them not to b to big so i'm goin to try n stunt ther growth(must read alot on this b4 the time comes)

i kno this changes on every part of the world so if anyone knos anything that could tell me the start of the season in cali would b lots of help

i don't want to put them out to early n hav them get too big n grow for along time

ther tryin to go for a 4 ft. plant in round 3 to 4 months most yield possible i'm goin to b makin a bed of organic mix(havent chosen yet) n transplantin into bigger but not big pots once they grow alil but i'm wonderin how big of a pot i'd use to mayb stunt ther growth alil

Any and all help of outdoor small grow will b much appreciated i'm goin to reread as much of these outdoor threads also to learn as much as possible

Wish me luck

P.S Sry for the NUUUUUUUB ?s jus tryin to find out b4 its too late n i'm searchin all over but not really gettin much results:(
hi mate,
its simple to figure...it also depends where you are located.

Northern Hemisphere...summer solstice.{longest day} is June 21-22
plant your clones outdoors anytime after this date .
if you want them to trigger flowering quickly,use early outdoor plants,like skunk,afghan,durbin mexican,and the like,and put out in july.

example08
I started my SSH indoors from seed,selected all females,then I rooted clone copies of each female and place seed moms outdoors to grow.
on july4 i placed out all clones of same plants...the clones finished a week or two before their respective moms.
I had plants finish from sept 30..till nov 15..
selection is important..
RC Clarkes Book Marijuana Botany, has a world map with planting and harvest dates located in the book...it may be online,but I recommend you get your own copy.

You can also bend large plants down and have them grow horizontal,along the ground..I know this works,since Ive done it very successfully over the past years. {Cannabis Hedge row}

scorpion

Last edited:
yeee

Thanx scorpion i think wat i'm guna do is hav em force the bubba like Barletta was tellin me bcus ther gettin the clone real soon n no lights or anything to put em under so rite outside its gunna go...

but this will b our first run n if all goes well i'll b pickin up 2 to 3 clones of my choice:) from one of our clubs n i'll b puttin them out once the longest day goes

i was thinkin of havin mine out from late may but late june could work too i'm in alil north of central cali close to the bay but not in oakland or frisco( really close to gilroy)

does anyone hav any websites that tell u ur xact lat. long. n longest day n frost dates i've found most of this info in alot of dif places but they varie

any links would b much appreciated

once i get this 1st baby up i'm takin pics n see how u all think shes doin since she isn't a mns strain i don't kno if i'll start a hole thread for her or if i'm aloud

but that bein said after this time i'm goin to b tryin hard to get MNS seeds n i'll definantly b havin full reports on them Some Silver Shark Shit hopefully haha

one can only dream for now till then any n all help is needed for my nubieself

ty all again

Last edited:
A Homebox Makes A Great "Forcing Room " For Outdoors

Always Buy ( Or Build ) A " Bedtime Box " For Placing Your Plants Into An Advanced Stage of Flowering
All Tucked In @ 8 P.m , And All Outdoors By 8 A.m;)
Buckets, No , I Mean Tubs , Of 65 Litres Are Fine
Nothing Darker Than A Full Moon, I Think Thats The Motto Of Flowering Without The Encouragement Of Hermaphrodites And At The Very Least ; Stress
Give Them Love , But Don't Give Them Treats ( Like My Dog Has Succeeded Into Believing He Would Not Love Me Less If I Refrained From Giving Him That Extra Treat:rolleyes: )
Of Course , Giving Them A Superior Fertilizer Such As Alaska " Morebloom " ( NPK- 0-10-10 ) A Week Before " Forcing " , Or Roughly The Same Time As The Plant Has Reached It's Fourth , To Fifth Internode
I Believe Using Such A System Of Growing Can Produce A Higher Yield , While Also Providing Extra Security
You Could Even Grow, Or , Stagger Two Different Crops During The Year Right Up Til Dec 21 ( Northern Hemisphere )
I'm Reminded Very Much By 's Article In An Old CC Magazine CC10?
Anyways , Happy Growing This Summer, Can It Be Any Worse Than Last Summer ; The Weather That Is
JKP

Attachments

• Close Up Shit 004.jpg
    Close Up Shit 004.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Close Up Shit- 002.jpg
    Close Up Shit- 002.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 1
  • P2090054.JPG
    P2090054.JPG
    412 KB · Views: 1
  • North Wales Sativa Club- Chemo Haze.jpg
    North Wales Sativa Club- Chemo Haze.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 4
How Small Do You Want To Go ?

A Few Images , Including Pot of Gold Grown Without A Veg Period
Would Make A Great S.O.G:)
JKP

Attachments

• 3155LR- one and two- june nightshot- Round.jpg
    3155LR- one and two- june nightshot- Round.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Buddy Grows Mr Nice 2008.jpg
    Buddy Grows Mr Nice 2008.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Eye Candy 2 - P.O.G- Zero Veg- Good Micro SOG.jpg
    Eye Candy 2 - P.O.G- Zero Veg- Good Micro SOG.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 2
  • July28-Mr Nice Shit- germinated In June.jpg
    July28-Mr Nice Shit- germinated In June.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Turkish Bazaar- July9- All Flowering-Atami Flavour.jpg
    Turkish Bazaar- July9- All Flowering-Atami Flavour.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Turkish Sativa Grown In North Wales-October.jpg
    Turkish Sativa Grown In North Wales-October.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 2
Budbo,

Gilroy is 37 Lat. Google (worldclimate.com and many more) will give you all the sites you need @ latitude avg temp rainfall etc etc. I have never worried about frost at our lat unless you live in some crazy micro-climate. I have found a simple tent made from pvc and black plastic works great to control photoperiod.

Happy trails,

scmtn

Last edited:
Back