What's Cookin'?

Love peppers, Bredda....super hots are my passion...reapers, 7 pots, Scorpions and jalas.
Yeah ..FIRE !!
I like running those chopped, through hot lard , or oil/butter mix. I don’t fry them or anyniting, just gentle persuasion , getting that sweet perfume out… I discard them afterwards , but that fat … I ‘m amazed it doesn’t self ignite.
 
They don’t look like much, I know…Those are the red and yellow habaneros in the pictures above …the salmon and lemon colors…The fat was crystal clear when hot , perfect white when cold.
It mixes beautifully with a lot of stuff and preserves for ages in the fridge.
 

Attachments

  • D8E2B92A-3631-4D2A-AE94-9141EBFB7E9B.jpeg
    D8E2B92A-3631-4D2A-AE94-9141EBFB7E9B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
Never did it that way....cool Idea.
I used em fresh or fermented them and made my own hot sauces Out of the crop or dried em and used em later.

One Love Penny ❤️ 💛 💚
 
Hi, dear friends of fine herb and homemade cooking!❤️🔥💚

Today’s menu is stuffed red bell peppers with rice. A dish I’ve known and loved since I was a kid—and it’s always delicious.

02501cf1-e2fc-46b7-a4a2-cc14065db258.jpg

One Love. Enjoy your meal, enjoy your smoke, and blessings to you all.❤️😎💚

Penny
 
Hi, dear friends of fine herb and homemade cooking!❤️🔥💚

Today’s menu is stuffed red bell peppers with rice. A dish I’ve known and loved since I was a kid—and it’s always delicious.

View attachment 115949

One Love. Enjoy your meal, enjoy your smoke, and blessings to you all.❤️😎💚

Penny
That looks Great !
This is my mother’s favorite.
Unlike my grandmother (which was a cooking ninja) my mother loves fast and easy recipes. Grandma did the “sarmale” , an original turkish dish that emigrated to all of the empire’s provinces, that called for rice, meat and some vegetables to be wrapped by hand in vine or cabbage leafs (sometimes linden) , placed in a big cooking pot , and sloooowly boiled . They are Awesome (especially with sour cream and polenta) but labor intensive and time consuming , so my mother ditched it for this one. It’s the same filling stuffed into peppers ,so it’s close enough.
Check out “sarmale”….I think you’ll dig it.
 
Good homemade food is amazing — just like homegrown weed or vegetables like tomatoes, and for me especially chilies.
During the Corona years, my terrace was full of plants because I was working from home and had the time to really take care of them. Unfortunately, that’s slowed down a bit now, but my jalapeño cheese poppers made from fresh jalapeños straight from the garden are always a hit at every barbecue with friends.
And the hot sauces I make from habaneros or red scorpions are in high demand too. Luckily, they keep for quite a long time in the fridge if they’re properly fermented and the pH is below 5.6 when bottled.
I named my hot Sauce penny's pain 😂

Really a great idea @Uncle Jack 👍

View attachment 111645
View attachment 111646
View attachment 111651


One Love Penny ❤️😍💚View attachment 111648View attachment 111649View attachment 111650
Wonderful pics.You're a talented Lady.
 
Hello dear friends, and One Love to all the friends of fine consumption and good food. ❤️🔥💚

Today we’ve got potato soup. One of my favourite dishes, and something I remember from my childhood as well. My grandma used to make it really, really good.

For this one I use some soup vegetables, Berlin-style Knacker sausages, and of course plenty of potatoes. It’s basically a good old one-pot stew — really easy to make, and it tastes absolutely fantastic.

First, I finely dice the soup vegetables. Then I cut the Knacker sausages into smaller pieces and give them a few little cuts.

I heat up some clarified butter and gently sauté the root vegetables together with the Knacker pieces and a few whole black peppercorns. At the end, I add just a couple of bay leaves as well.

856ebd62-ec5a-493c-8315-ca5cafb35d1d.jpg592fdb5f-05f8-4bb3-af76-33d17afc3c2f.jpg
72ffe44d-01c1-4f3d-a751-8c5d93c28a0f.jpg

Once everything has had a nice little sauté and the smell starts filling the kitchen — and believe me, it already smells fantastic at this point — I simply add some lukewarm water. Then I bring the whole thing briefly to a boil and let it gently simmer for just under an hour.

31b2f126-1d5a-4fef-b8c1-9a9e081d18aa.jpg

In the meantime, I dice the potatoes. After that first hour, I add the potatoes to the pot and let everything cook for another 20 minutes or so, until the potatoes are nice and tender.

b3a58cbc-ea05-4545-9a80-53ef49a400bb.jpg0e4a69ab-1f57-4eef-beab-c41aea7560dd.jpg

Then comes the important part: I take a potato masher and mash everything together a little. Not completely smooth — just enough to thicken the soup and give it that nice, creamy, hearty consistance.

You just have to be a little careful not to completely smash up the Knacker pieces. They should still be there in nice chunks.
8633ed94-fdb4-4c5f-b9ca-0c332ba3cccf.jpg


And one more thing I absolutely recommend: a good spoonful of medium-hot mustard. That adds a really nice, slightly tangy touch to the whole thing and takes the soup to another level.

fa786673-11f7-410f-b4f6-e5da75deb666.jpg

At the very end, I taste everything again and adjust it with a little salt and pepper if needed. Usually, you hardly need any extra salt because the Knacker sausages are already pretty salty and release plenty of salt into the soup. But of course, everyone has their own preferences when it comes to seasoning.
958c933a-c7e3-45b7-b61b-73a1f794ba20.jpg

And then you’re good to go. Honestly, it’s just fantastic.

I hope you guys enjoy it. I’ll throw a few pictures in here so you can have a look.

Wishing you all a super relaxed, nice weekend.

One Love, Blessings,❤️😎💚
Penny
 
Last edited:
Endives with ham gratin.
Simple and cheap recipe from Belgium/north France.

Put your endives to boil in salted water for 20-30mn depending on the size...test with a knife they must be soft to the center.
I've also put a chicken stok cube.
20261002_180248.jpg
Let them cool and strain very well and press them in a clean tissu...you must remove as much water as you can.
20261002_183617.jpg

You make a béchamel with 70g of butter 70g of flour 1l of milk...salt pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
I've used whole wheat flour so my béchamel is not super White.

20261002_185927.jpg
20261002_190123.jpg
20261002_190509.jpg

Then you take your slices of ham you spread a.bit of gratted cheese and you roll them.
20261002_191257.jpg
You place them in a dish and you pour your béchamel and you top generously with cheese.
20mn in an oven at 200°C with grill on.

20261002_195536.jpg

Et voilà !
 

Attachments

  • 20261002_180248.jpg
    20261002_180248.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back
Top