What was the other kush in Masterkush?

i found that on RSC

Hindu Kush landraces. The Hindu Kush range of Afghanistan and Pakistan is believed to be an ancient centre of domestication of the charismatic Cannabis plants popularly known as Indicas. Historically, Indica-type strains were also cultivated for hashish in regions of Central Asia such as Xinjiang and Bukhara.

In the countercultural taxonomy, Indicas are compact and early maturing, with broad leaflets, ‘skunky’ aromas, and sedative effects. Formally, such plants can be classified as C. sativa subsp. indica var. afghanica.

In formal taxonomy, the southern Hindu Kush appears to be the intersection point between wild Central and South Asian populations of subsp. indica, namely var. himalayensis and var. asperrima. From these come the two main domesticated types, respectively var. indica (Sativas) and var. afghanica (Indicas). The informal terms Indica and Sativa can be accurately used for some Asian traditional domesticates (“landraces”).

In contemporary Afghanistan and northern Pakistan, in frontier regions such as Chitral and Tirah, for example, morphology can vary from Indica to Sativa within populations, suggesting crops are hybrids of var. afghanica with southern varieties. Around the peripheries of Central Asia, hybridization between these formal botanical varieties likely long predates the Hippie Trail era.

Cannabis-Wild-Landrace-asperrima-himalayensis-Indicas-Sativas.webp

Red circles: var. asperrima

Green triangles: var. himalayensis

Red area: Irano-Turanian region

Green area: Indian region

Last edited:
i found that on RSC

Hindu Kush landraces. The Hindu Kush range of Afghanistan and Pakistan is believed to be an ancient centre of domestication of the charismatic Cannabis plants popularly known as Indicas. Historically, Indica-type strains were also cultivated for hashish in regions of Central Asia such as Xinjiang and Bukhara.

In the countercultural taxonomy, Indicas are compact and early maturing, with broad leaflets, ‘skunky’ aromas, and sedative effects. Formally, such plants can be classified as C. sativa subsp. indica var. afghanica.

In formal taxonomy, the southern Hindu Kush appears to be the intersection point between wild Central and South Asian populations of subsp. indica, namely var. himalayensis and var. asperrima. From these come the two main domesticated types, respectively var. indica (Sativas) and var. afghanica (Indicas). The informal terms Indica and Sativa can be accurately used for some Asian traditional domesticates (“landraces”).

In contemporary Afghanistan and northern Pakistan, in frontier regions such as Chitral and Tirah, for example, morphology can vary from Indica to Sativa within populations, suggesting crops are hybrids of var. afghanica with southern varieties. Around the peripheries of Central Asia, hybridization between these formal botanical varieties likely long predates the Hippie Trail era.

Cannabis-Wild-Landrace-asperrima-himalayensis-Indicas-Sativas.webp

Red circles: var. asperrima

Green triangles: var. himalayensis

Red area: Irano-Turanian region

Green area: Indian region

Thanks for the info 🙏
Very valuable information .

-SaveTheBrains

Has anyone ever smoked or grown the clone masterkush? Supposedly the black tuna gang who were Dominican bought a grip of Hindu Kush seeds from the castle and selected a female based entirely on quality, so that they were not forced to import, and sold it in tuna cans. I see it’s still a rather common clone in Canada. Supposedly it smells like tuna (yet tastes divine). Anyone ever get a fishy smelling plant?

The first time I grew nicotine rustica I used fish emulsion … the flavor of your smoke is greatly determined by your ferts, not just your weed lol… but I had a homie who grew a rather elite blueberry airponically at the same time, and his bud was sweet unlike my leaves.

Has anyone ever smoked or grown the clone masterkush? Supposedly the black tuna gang who were Dominican bought a grip of Hindu Kush seeds from the castle and selected a female based entirely on quality, so that they were not forced to import, and sold it in tuna cans. I see it’s still a rather common clone in Canada. Supposedly it smells like tuna (yet tastes divine). Anyone ever get a fishy smelling plant?

The first time I grew nicotine rustica I used fish emulsion … the flavor of your smoke is greatly determined by your ferts, not just your weed lol… but I had a homie who grew a rather elite blueberry airponically at the same time, and his bud was sweet unlike my leaves.
Some of the Flo f5 females have a fishy thing going on in the bag.
When I first smelled it I was pissed, then I smoked it, all was forgiven. 😂✌️
Definitely fish is the right smell.
Keep up the threads .👍

Fish thiol

Odor description:

Roasted, crusted beef and chicken, meaty, pot roast, sulfurous and mildly alliaceous

and

Roast beef, meaty, with brothy savory chicken and turkey notes it has a slight fatty alliaceous onion and garlic nuances

Attachments

• 2E6B4643-5C0B-40BE-8C97-96076F8856F6.jpeg
    2E6B4643-5C0B-40BE-8C97-96076F8856F6.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Some of the Flo f5 females have a fishy thing going on in the bag.
When I first smelled it I was pissed, then I smoked it, all was forgiven. 😂
Definitely fish is the right smell.
Keep up the threads .👍
I smelled some fish in skunk haze to be honest, the taste was very well balanced after cure...

But the fish smell was well masked by some tropical fruit scents also...

There is some guy on the internet that talks about a Hawaiian kryppie strain like OG but I never really believed him, cool to know it’s true.
The Hawaiian "Crippy" story is total BS, made up by a poser who also claimed that Nevil contracted his father to create "Crippy/OG Kush". 🙄

Last edited:
So we know that one parent was a Hindu Kush, which was kush4 x nl2, but I can’t seem to find what the other parent was for masterkush, or if there was any other plants in there.

I think you might have answered you own question there.

Nevil called the Kush4 x NL2, Kush x Kush...
👉 KUSH X KUSH 👈

Ignore my last post.

According to Shanti Kush4 x NL2 is not part of his Masterkush, it's some other 90's Hindu Kush (Sam's Hindu Kush?).

I think part of what he meant is that the first offering of Hindu Kush that Nevil made was kush4 x nl2, and that masterkush is different…. So anyone know what either kush in masterkush is??

I remember an old catalog from the 90s, I should still have it somewhere, from Positronic or maybe Mau from Nirvana seeds which described Master Kush as a tetraploid variety that was developed in one of the tall buildings in the Bijlmer area of Amsterdam. For this reason it was also called High Rise. I've always thought that the original cross that won the cannabis cup was between two landraces collection in different parts of the Hindu Kush, one broad leaf and the other narrow leaf like "Khyber sativa" or Himalayan or Nepalese. It was then crossed with a school skunk for seed.

I remember an old catalog from the 90s, I should still have it somewhere, from Positronic or maybe Mau from Nirvana seeds which described Master Kush as a tetraploid variety that was developed in one of the tall buildings in the Bijlmer area of Amsterdam. For this reason it was also called High Rise. I've always thought that the original cross that won the cannabis cup was between two landraces collection in different parts of the Hindu Kush, one broad leaf and the other narrow leaf like "Khyber sativa" or Himalayan or Nepalese. It was then crossed with a school skunk for seed.
I believe that this was Nirvana's description, not 100% sure but it does ring a bell.

From Seedfinder -> Nirvana -> Master Kush
First called High Rise, Master Kush was developed in one of the tall buildings in Amsterdam's Bijlmer area. Coffeeshop owners and regulars alike fell head over heels in love with this exclusive tetraploid strain. By popular demand, this Hindu Kush / Skunk hybrid was stabilized and marketed, and it has been a classic ever since. A strong plant of medium height and bushiness, Master Kush is a heavy producer which thrives in soil, hydro and greenhouse growing systems. Master Kush has a pleasantly earthy, mossy smell and its smoke is smooth.

mu

Back